PDA

View Full Version : New infringement type?

Daniel
15th October 2008, 14:57
Can the mods start giving out infringements for people having pointless arguments on the f1 forums? Sure it takes an idiot to start a pointless argument but you're just as stupid if you keep it going :mark: Honestly i've never read so much crap in my life than today's silliness and i've read my own posts!

RaceFanStan
15th October 2008, 15:39
One person's "crap" could be another person's jewel.

It is the poster's choice to participate or not participate in a thread,
if a poster feels a thread is "crap", then the poster should avoid that thread.
As long as personal attacks are avoided, a good debate can be quite entertaining.

Happy Posting http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Daniel
15th October 2008, 15:46
I agree but there is a limit. In F1 there is endless debate over the most silly of things at times and there are constant accusations of bias, stupidity and worse. Debate is good if something gets discussed and agreed upon but this is ridiculous :mark:

janneppi
15th October 2008, 17:52
Can the mods start giving out infringements for people having pointless arguments on the f1 forums? Sure it takes an idiot to start a pointless argument but you're just as stupid if you keep it going :mark: Honestly i've never read so much crap in my life than today's silliness and i've read my own posts!
Do what I do, stop reading the threads. :p :

Garry Walker
15th October 2008, 17:54
You should give infringements for obviously idiotic posts.

inimitablestoo
15th October 2008, 20:55
Let me get this straight: this thread is about a turkey voting for Christmas? :p : ;)

RaceFanStan
16th October 2008, 17:46
I may have to go to the F1 forum & get in on the excitement ...
a turkey voting for Christmas sounds like a fun conversation ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

BDunnell
16th October 2008, 20:18
Do what I do, stop reading the threads. :p :

It's more or less what I've done, but I would very much like to be able to read them and contribute to them again. Sadly, the utterly moronic way in which certain people approach the business of having opinions about the sport has put me right off. It's not saying much for the forums that there is one part of them that is only worth ignoring but for a few die-hard posters of common sense, is it? Some of the stuff I've read in the Bourdais thread is, quite simply, utter crap of the first order. It seems to me that the views of anyone sensible are being drowned or, worse, driven out.

Daniel
16th October 2008, 20:48
I agree Ben. It's embarrassing really.

janneppi
17th October 2008, 07:37
It's more or less what I've done, but I would very much like to be able to read them and contribute to them again. Sadly, the utterly moronic way in which certain people approach the business of having opinions about the sport has put me right off. It's not saying much for the forums that there is one part of them that is only worth ignoring but for a few die-hard posters of common sense, is it? Some of the stuff I've read in the Bourdais thread is, quite simply, utter crap of the first order. It seems to me that the views of anyone sensible are being drowned or, worse, driven out.
The problem is as Nenukknak put it in another thread few days ago.

This thread seems to be occupied by some people who want to state their opinions over and over again, because they think they're so important and they won't rest till every one agrees.

And it goes beyond ioan(that's who really mean don't you BDunnell? ;) ) It's the fault of everyone who happily goes along with the bickering, it's just a bloody thread on a F1 forum, having the last word isn't required, neither is it mandatory making the other guy admid defeat, or something similar, utterly childish.
To me, that's a big part problem, something, which I'm not free of guilt either.

Rant over.

Daniel
17th October 2008, 09:30
That's what I meant. People blame one person and it certainly isn't just that one person's fault. Perhaps i'm putting a little too much faith in totalitarian rule asking for infringements for people who merely go along with it but perhaps just closing threads when nothing new is being discussed might do something for the level of intelligence in the F1 forum.

Nenuknakinen makes a good point till you consider how much team orders between teams which should be effectively independent in that sense have trivialised things in the WRC this year. It's not a small issue which deserves one thread and then it's dealt with. It's something which a lot of people feel has spoilt an already troubled series. But at least people are keeping to the facts and people aren't being accused of racism, bias, favouritism and so on. That's why the WRC forum will always be a better place to have a discussion than the F1 forum even though the moderators in F1 do try really hard the discussions in F1 are just embarrassing to all those involved which includes me too sometimes :uhoh: I respect that people in the thread you quoted from don't all agree with me, I don't like it but I respect their right to their opinions.

I think you're wide of the mark saying BDunnell thinks Ioan is the problem. He's part of the problem as we all are and i'm sure with BDunnell being one of the more sensible people he'll be agree with that.

Man! You should try typing out long posts on an N95..... It sucks

harsha
19th October 2008, 17:25
how do i know if i've got any infractions :s

Daniel
19th October 2008, 17:55
how do i know if i've got any infractions :s
You would get a PM :)

Mark
19th October 2008, 20:51
They would be listed in your profile too.