PDA

View Full Version : Help us all “Save the Canadian Grand Prix” …Online Petition!

13th October 2008, 23:57
Everybody, I need your help in trying to save the this wonderful Montreal venue as a permanent fixture on the Formula One calendar, but there is just so much that one small man can do.

This is why I look to all of you to help out in this cause in signing a petition to “Save the Canadian Grand Prix” which was launched today.

I admit, I am an old man, and I don’t go on F1 forums or chats of any kind, (if so, I think my wife would kill me!) but the only way that I figured that I could grow this concept was to join some F1 forums on the net to tell people about what we are trying to accomplish.

Thus, I ask you as a “Gesture of Goodwill” to sign an online petition to “Save the Canadian Grand Prix” and to spread the word of this cause amongst your peer networks. Hopefully as we amass a great number of participants, we will forge ahead in trying to get this petition into all the right hands of the powers that deem fit.

You can sign the petition at the following URL;

www.savethecanadiangrandprix.com (http://www.savethecanadiangrandprix.com/)

With all of the other countries lining up to take any available spot on the Formula One calendar, the loss of the Montreal race could become permanent as a 20 race maximum has been decided amongst the teams and countries such as Abu Dhabi, Russia, India, South Korea have all started construction on their own Formula One circuit projects.

And if this happens, then it surely would be a great loss to global race fans, nationwide businesses, North America, and the everyone associated with Formula One as a whole.

I thank you for your time, consideration and cooperation.

Best Regards…

Jack Bohica

Daniel
14th October 2008, 00:12
You do realise these petitions never work. I wish you the best but no amount of signatures will bring your GP back.

call_me_andrew
14th October 2008, 05:42
You do realise these petitions never work. I wish you the best but no amount of signatures will bring your GP back.

Sure they don't work, but it's better than not trying at all.

Marshall
14th October 2008, 06:28
Yeah you never know - I signed it.

pino
14th October 2008, 07:36
We normally don't allow petitions in here, so I keep it open at the moment but can't promise it will stay...sorry :)

ArrowsFA1
14th October 2008, 07:49
That might be true, but it's better to try and do something than do nothing at all.

Dave B
14th October 2008, 08:12
I hate to sound negative but Bernie and co already know the Canadian GP has a lot of support from fans.

Unless each person who signs the petition also donates a six-figure sum it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Daniel
14th October 2008, 08:35
Hey Dave don't be so negative. Let the people think they can do something and i'm sure the massive amount of money Bernie is getting paid to move the GP suddenly won't matter for him and it'll be saved.

leopard
14th October 2008, 10:22
I'll wait for a moment to sign it as the 8888th and win the prizes.

seppefan
14th October 2008, 10:34
Sadly it will not work because CVC is finding owning F1 expensive and they have to get $20m plus now for a race. Goodbye Montreal, UK etc Monza will stay but only because it is Ferraris country. Bernie loves all the controversy as while it screws up the championship and maybe the odd career they ( CVC, Bernis ) only care about the cash, the bottom line. They do not give a fig for the fans who have folowed racing for years. They do give a fig for their wallets but they can get loads of new fans ( they hope ) in Asia and get the various goverments to pay crazy prices. Their greed surpasses all and we can swivel.

Shifter
16th October 2008, 16:42
Well, matters could be helped if they used some decent pavement in Montreal.