PDA

View Full Version : Felipe ballsy on and off the track!

ioan
12th October 2008, 12:59
Today he gave Lewis a warning on track, OK it ended badly for both and he paid for it, that he will not yield without fight.

He also passed Webber in a move on the limit.

And above all he came back from 14th to finish in the points. And this might prove important at the end of the season.

I loved it how he cut the journo short in this exchange:

Q. Lewis has told us that he thinks you drove into him deliberately after realising you had lost the position to him. What do you say about that?

FM: For sure not. I had two wheels on the gravel. I could not stop the car and I was on the gravel because he pushed me into the gravel.

Q. Do you think that is the way he sees it?

FM: No. I don't believe that.

Q. Was it right for your teammates in the pit garage to be celebrating when you crashed into a rival?

FM: Are you English? Is that your point of view?

Q. Yes, but is it right that people celebrate when people crash?

FM: Any time you see a Ferrari ahead of a McLaren, it is a good thing for the team. I am not going to rise (to your attempt) to put fire on the gravel. I have a good relationship with Lewis, and I will not do something to destroy something by purpose. That is true.

Q. I am not stirring things up

FM: I know, and I answered already.

Q. Does what happened today change your relationship with Lewis?

FM: Definitely not.

Q. Mark Webber pushed you quite close to the wall. Was that okay?

FM: It was a little bit tight, but I managed to pass him. Sometimes you need to take risks. One point for me was very important at that moment.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71365

If you read the whole article you see that the guy asked almost every question twice in an attempt to get something sensational out of it, he got the same answers twice!

christophulus
12th October 2008, 13:09
And people say we have no characters in F1?! Nice work Felipe, putting those bloody Hamilton-loving UK journalists in their place. :up:

ArrowsFA1
12th October 2008, 13:18
If you read the whole article you see that the guy asked almost every question twice in an attempt to get something sensational out of it, he got the same answers twice!
It wasn't one journalist asking those questions though, it was "the world's media" i.e. a press conference.

ioan
12th October 2008, 13:33
It wasn't one journalist asking those questions though, it was "the world's media" i.e. a press conference.

Still, the questions have been already asked and answered, why ask them again?

ArrowsFA1
12th October 2008, 13:38
Still, the questions have been already asked and answered, why ask them again?
Simple. To get that little gem of a quote to make a good headline.

ioan
12th October 2008, 13:55
Simple. To get that little gem of a quote to make a good headline.

Exactly what I said previously.

Daniel
12th October 2008, 14:39
A real driver would have told them to **** off.

I agree it wasn't terribly sporting of the Ferrari pit guys to celebrate Massa spinning Lewis around but by the same token I'm sure the McLaren guys were happy when Felipe went into Bourdais and spun out or when the Ferrari's were put off the track at the first corner. Swings and roundabouts really......

If that is the sort of questioning the best media people in the world are capable of then it's a sad sad day for motorsport coverage. Drivers have a strange way of remembering awkward and unnecessary trouble makers like the people above and giving them the cold shoulder. I firmly believe the media should ask difficult questions but if a driver doesn't want to answer they don't want to answer and you'll only look the fool for pressuring them. What did the guy want Felipe to say?

Yeah I thought I'd take him out Schumacher style
Our pit guys are a bunch of a holes and would have cheered if Lewis had a fatal accident
Yeah my relationship with Lewis has changed, I hate him now.
Mark is a dangerous driver and was trying to kill me but I'll get him back at the next Grand Prix.

Cue a week of stories of a rift between Lewis and Felipe based on half truths, selective quoting and assumptions.....

Motorsport journalism really is in a sorry state. I thought it was just Louise Goodman who was tactless/stupid etc etc?

Rollo
12th October 2008, 23:09
Today he gave Lewis a warning on track, OK it ended badly for both and he paid for it, that he will not yield without fight.

Grant that he played it very straight in relation to the media (as you'd expect him to), but your opening remark seems to suggest that you might actually condone him punting Hamilton off.

I'm looking for a spot of clarification here.

ioan
12th October 2008, 23:18
Grant that he played it very straight in relation to the media (as you'd expect him to), but your opening remark seems to suggest that you might actually condone him punting Hamilton off.

Why should I deny it? I was pretty happy seeing Hamy get a bit of his own medicine. Check the GP thread I even posted there at that very moment!

Rollo
12th October 2008, 23:25
A far bigger question must be asked then - why is it allowable under any circustances to punt people off the road?

ioan
12th October 2008, 23:31
A far bigger question must be asked then - why is it allowable under any circustances to punt people off the road?

It's not allowable and it was punished.
Or maybe you were asking about Kovalainen not getting a penalty? Nah, I doubt it.

Rollo
12th October 2008, 23:37
No - just a generic question. You were voicing partisan support...

... as you were everyone :D

raikk
12th October 2008, 23:41
this post from motorsport.com has been brought to you by Ferrari :p :

wedge
12th October 2008, 23:55

Oh please don't encourage Ioan to post partisan diatribes!

From an unbiased perspective I agree with Ioan remarks. Massa turned the wick up and showed he had balls and wants to the WDC. With that mentality you're on the limit of what's is/isn't acceptable and Massa overstepped the mark.

Just as with Hamilton races to win, his conduct blurs the boundaries.

Rollo
21st October 2008, 23:45
Thanks ants... thants!

Tazio
22nd October 2008, 01:09
Felipe Massa! From the Outhouse, to the Whitehouse

His handling of the press kicks both our Stuffed Shirts @$$'! :dozey: