PDA

View Full Version : How fitting!

ioan
12th October 2008, 09:01
So Kubica dared to criticize Hamy's dirty driving before this race. How dare he? Who does he think he is, a real racer?

And after Hamy said he doesn't quite understand Kubica, it was Ron's turn to come up with attacks against the Pole:

"It's refreshing to have a highly-talented driver [Lewis] who has the ability to overtake and has the ability to do the pole positions that he's done in what is only his second season of Formula One.

"So I think he (Kubica) should be mindful of the fact that his objective should be to raise his own game and do the best job he can, and keep those sorts of opinions to himself."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71336

Tell us again Ron, who should mind his own game and do the best job he can?

I really love it, every time someone at McLaren makes some stupid comments towards someone else it comes back to bite them in the very next race!
More of it please! :D

ArrowsFA1
12th October 2008, 09:08
"At the end of the day there are always going to be people you are beating who aren't particularly happy about things, but that's motor racing."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71291

F1boat
12th October 2008, 09:11
So Kubica dared to criticize Hamy's dirty driving before this race. How dare he? Who does he think he is, a real racer?

And after Hamy said he doesn't quite understand Kubica, it was Ron's turn to come up with attacks against the Pole:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71336

Tell us again Ron, who should mind his own game and do the best job he can?

I really love it, every time someone at McLaren makes some stupid comments towards someone else it comes back to bite them in the very next race!
More of it please! :D
I though about this after the race. IMO Ron should teach his driver to be more careful, unless he wants to crown Massa - or Kubica - as WDC.

christophulus
12th October 2008, 09:14
I think that Kubica's "criticism" of Hamilton has been invented by the British press to be honest.

"You will either agree or be outraged. Lewis Hamilton walked into the paddock this morning to be greeted by the news that Robert Kubica had been slagging him off for dangerous driving. Or, at least, that was the interpretation adopted by a couple of British national newspapers.

Had the journalists in question actually spoken to Kubica? Er, no. Kubica’s quotes had been taken from an interview in a German publication."

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2008/10/11/japanese-gp-quali/

ioan
12th October 2008, 09:17
I think that Kubica's "criticism" of Hamilton has been invented by the British press to be honest.

"You will either agree or be outraged. Lewis Hamilton walked into the paddock this morning to be greeted by the news that Robert Kubica had been slagging him off for dangerous driving. Or, at least, that was the interpretation adopted by a couple of British national newspapers.

Had the journalists in question actually spoken to Kubica? Er, no. Kubica’s quotes had been taken from an interview in a German publication."

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2008/10/11/japanese-gp-quali/

That makes Ron's response even more dumb. He's criticizing drivers based on rumors now?

F1boat
12th October 2008, 09:19
That makes Ron's response even more dumb. He's criticizing drivers based on rumors now?

ROFL!

christophulus
12th October 2008, 09:23

I fail to see where the criticism is. All Ron Dennis said was that Kubica should mind his own business - fair enough really

Tonieke
12th October 2008, 09:24

criticizing ? so far I can read he only said Robert should concentrate on his own driving...don't read anywhere he was "hitting" on Robert or ?

ioan
12th October 2008, 09:25
I fail to see where the criticism is. All Ron Dennis said was that Kubica should mind his own business - fair enough really

You just said that it was made up by the journos and Kubica didn't criticize Hamy boy. So why should Ron tell Kubica to mind his business?! I fail to see what you are thinking!

christophulus
12th October 2008, 09:30
You just said that it was made up by the journos and Kubica didn't criticize Hamy boy. So why should Ron tell Kubica to mind his business?! I fail to see what you are thinking!

Maybe you should ask Ron? He's entitled to tell other people to mind their own business, but it's inaccurate to say that he criticised Kubica.

Tonieke
12th October 2008, 09:34

maybe Ron's comments where also made up by journalist ioan??...who knows....who knows..

Valve Bounce
12th October 2008, 09:53
Hamilton's driving tactics today were self destructive. THat is the proof of the pudding.

ioan
12th October 2008, 10:30
maybe Ron's comments where also made up by journalist ioan??...who knows....who knows..

Nah, to much Ronspeak involved there. :D

Storm
13th October 2008, 07:07
In Star commentry they mentioned these comments abt Hamilton and then Steve Slater added that its the pot calling the kettle black :\
When was the last time we saw Kubica doing dodgy things on track?

In fact, my only problem with RK is that he hardly ever seems to be in a wheel to wheel battle for a position!

COD
13th October 2008, 08:28
I don't see how dangerous driving by Hamilton is not the business of the other drivers. It is exactly that, because the other drivers are the ones in danger.

Big Ben
13th October 2008, 09:03
I have nothing against LH's aggresive style. It makes races more interesting and so far it brought me much satisfaction :laugh: . more of the same please. RK sould indeed mind his own business and not mess with the show. LH proved in his short career that he is able to keep things interesting to the last race no matter how good his car is.

Tonieke
13th October 2008, 09:07
When was the last time we saw Kubica doing dodgy things on track?

last sunday..fight with Kimi...Not saying it was dodgy..Just hard racing..like Lewis does ! And for as fas as I can remember I not yet seen Lewis push of another car in the same way Felipe did....or ?

markabilly
13th October 2008, 09:15
last sunday..fight with Kimi...Not saying it was dodgy..Just hard racing..like Lewis does ! And for as fas as I can remember I not yet seen Lewis push of another car in the same way Felipe did....or ?

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see....

I don't see how dangerous driving by Hamilton is not the business of the other drivers. It is exactly that, because the other drivers are the ones in danger.
Well, one might think that as a general rule, yessire, one might, but not if you are a good Brit, and the Hamster you be talking about.

NOW THAT is the exception to the rule. If you do not believe me, well just ask Ron Dennis.

Opps, it appears someone already did....U tell them Ron!!

ArrowsFA1
13th October 2008, 09:18
I have nothing against Kubica at all. Great driver. Great racer. Doing great things in the BMW.

But, did he not force Kimi off track during their battle yesterday?

Tonieke
13th October 2008, 09:23
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see....

than please give me back my sight..and what better remedy there is than to show me samples where Lewis pushes of cars in te same way Felipe did last sunday...

Big Ben
13th October 2008, 09:42
than please give me back my sight..and what better remedy there is than to show me samples where Lewis pushes of cars in te same way Felipe did last sunday...

Felipe has a problem ... it's not like the first time he touches someone who's trying to overtake him.