He's back!

donKey jote
12th October 2008, 07:04
Well done Lucky Alonso :D :D :D
Renault is back :)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

ArrowsFA1
12th October 2008, 07:06
Another great win for Alonso and Renault. Piquet deserves credit for his 4th place as well.

ShiftingGears
12th October 2008, 07:12
Brilliant.

F1boat
12th October 2008, 07:12
Amazing, brilliant! I am so happy!!!
I had a birthday this Friday, it is a present for me :)

Tazio
12th October 2008, 07:30
Fred Is A God!! ;)

F1boat
12th October 2008, 07:31
Now he has as many wins as Kimi. Pretty amazing.

samuratt
12th October 2008, 07:31
2 in a row, and the most consistent driver for the last 6 races! Wlldone Fernando!!

Great job by Renault too!

F1boat
12th October 2008, 07:36
I really, really hope that he stays at Renault.

Marshall
12th October 2008, 07:42
Was a great drive - I believe he is the best driver in F1 right now.

donKey jote
12th October 2008, 07:45
I believe he has been for a while ;) :p

F1boat
12th October 2008, 07:46
Was a great drive - I believe he is the best driver in F1 right now.

Same here. I hope that he will stay at Renault and win the championship next year.

Tazio
12th October 2008, 08:02
I believe he has been for a while ;) :p

I agree http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Lalo
12th October 2008, 08:10
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just incredible. What a race, right from the start. Notice he won without any pace car.

To win once is pure cassualty. Two.. Getting closer to a fact. This is the Fernando we all know, the pure world champion. Bien hecho, chaval!!

jens
12th October 2008, 09:04
Fantastic drive and this win was achieved on pure merit. ;) We have got 4 top teams now, which is great - hopefully 2009 will offer even more! :p : Piquet's drive shows, how much-improved the car is, Nelson was threatening Kubica and Räikkönen in the final stint!

Alonso has improved too! Now he gives 6 tenth to his team already after every half a year - in the beginning of the season Renault was over a second behind, now they have caught the leaders! :laugh: Maybe he should go to Force India - with such development rate they'll win the title by 2011. :D

ioan
12th October 2008, 09:05
Man, if anyone else want to win a championship they better do it this season, cause the future looks blue (that car looks good even in Piquet's hands now, and with engine equalization on it's way...).

Valve Bounce
12th October 2008, 10:01
Another complicated race, another win!
He's back!

So is Renault. Alonso was told to go faster because Kube Man had an extra 6 laps on him, but the guy just blasted his way to an unbeatable lead instead. :up:

Bradley
12th October 2008, 10:14
Really happy for Alonso and Renault.

It was to be expected and he did it, Alonso brought Renault back to the top within one year!

Marshall
12th October 2008, 10:22
I'd be very surprised if Renault and Fernando parted ways now.

Any other team (i.e. Honda) would need something pretty special to lure him.

Corny
12th October 2008, 10:24
he's coming close to be the new MS.. Well done

woody2goody
12th October 2008, 10:30
Another great win for Alonso and Renault. Piquet deserves credit for his 4th place as well.

Great to see Renault back where they belong. Yes to both points. Fernando is surely the best driver in Formula One.

Donney
12th October 2008, 11:54
Great race from both drivers and team!!!!

I hope this continues into next season and we have a three team fight for the championship.

Braviiiiiisimo Fernando!!!!

christophulus
12th October 2008, 12:40
I'd be very surprised if Renault and Fernando parted ways now.

Any other team (i.e. Honda) would need something pretty special to lure him.

All credit to Alonso for sticking with Renault and getting the car sorted out. Part of me (wrongly) believed that he'd sulk for a year and then jump to Ferrari/BMW/Honda for 2009.

I'm happy to say that I was wrong on that point and hope to see him competing for the title in a Renault next year :up:

jas123f1
12th October 2008, 13:13
Alonso is a nice guy and complete driver - he makes what he can in every situation.. and deserves every win he get.. It will interesting in 2009 :)

VkmSpouge
12th October 2008, 13:34
So is Alonso off to Honda? :p :

jens
12th October 2008, 18:19

Yes, he has already given his 6 tenths and more to Renault! Now they are at the top and Alonso needs a new challenge for the third year in a row. ;) If he stays at Renault, F1 would become boring, because with additional 6 tenths for next year it's game over for others! Honda will be a perfect place for a new challenge. In 2010 he'll win a title there and goes to Force India. Or starts his own team. :p :

harvick#1
12th October 2008, 19:19
bravo Alonso, three races in a row that Mac or Ferrari haven't won. strange :p :

great to see Renault back up front to challenge the front runners every race now. the most of the teams seem to finally have great pace and finally seeing more color than Chrome and Red up front each race

F1boat
12th October 2008, 21:07

I hope not. Renault is his family.

Storm
13th October 2008, 07:04
jens, I suggest you back off the sarcasm with 6/10ths in this thread atleast since its supposed to congratulate Alonso on a victory :)

Fantastic job, Fernando!
Hopefully we see an even more competitive Renault next year and a 4/5 driver fight for the title.

Shifter
13th October 2008, 08:27
Alonso's driving is just stellar in almost every race. He is definately one of the absolute best drivers, deserving mention as an equal to MS/Senna. Car control and the kind of perspective on his race situation and decision-making that even talented drivers rarely seem to muster under 4+G-loads of F1. The car must have also improved tremendously per Piquet's result, which was the first truly great drive I have seen out of him yet.

jens
13th October 2008, 12:15
jens, I suggest you back off the sarcasm with 6/10ths in this thread atleast since its supposed to congratulate Alonso on a victory :)

Fantastic job, Fernando!
Hopefully we see an even more competitive Renault next year and a 4/5 driver fight for the title.

:D It wasn't a negative joke if you interpreted this in that way. :)

After the Japanese Grand Prix I have started to think for the first time during this year that Alonso together with Renault might be a genuine title contender in 2009.

pino
13th October 2008, 12:39

Hopefully not, Alonso deserves a much better Team than Honda :p : Anyway it won't happen as Briatore yesterday almost confirmed (to Sky Sport Italy) him at Renault ;)

F1boat
13th October 2008, 13:01
Hopefully not, Alonso deserves a much better Team than Honda :p : Anyway it won't happen as Briatore yesterday almost confirmed (to Sky Sport Italy) him at Renault ;)

COOL.

PolePosition_1
13th October 2008, 14:05
hopefully 2009 will offer even more!

I'm not too optomistic on 2009, whilst I believe the racing will improve, I think the main factor to this seasons closeness is that the regulations have been largely still since 1998, so teams have all maximised what they can get out of the current regulations.

With the big changes planned for next year, the biggest teams are going to go much further infront of the rear runners. Which is unfortunate in many ways, having had 5 teams win this year, I cannot off top my head think of last time this happened?

But if the racing is improved (whilst despite the stewards efforts the racing has been good this year), I'll be happy.

Valve Bounce
13th October 2008, 23:02
Don't worry - the stewards will do their best to keep us entertained. :rolleyes:

yodasarmpit
13th October 2008, 23:14
This is truely great news for the sport, great to see 5 guys all capable of winning next years the championship.

Alonso
Hamilton
Kubica
Massa
Raikkonen

ShiftingGears
14th October 2008, 02:23
He made some mistakes this year, getting desperate in overdriving the car. But he has learnt from that. Only a driver of Alonso's calibre could win two in a row with that Renault.