PDA

View Full Version : do the points count or don't they

acorn
2nd February 2007, 17:58
i copied this from the regs:

"Only those drivers competing in an S2000 car (see CR 5.1) will be eligible to win the Drivers'
Championship outright. Points accumulated whilst not competing with an S2000 car will count
towards the overall Drivers Championship tally but will be ignored when calculating the points
required to determine the outright winner of the Championship."

if the points earned in a non s2000 car aren't going to count(toward outright winner) why drive one?

Iain
2nd February 2007, 18:04
Cheaper cars to gain experience, getting their foot in the door, the Independent's title.

LiamM
2nd February 2007, 18:07
Exactly!

I think the rules are skewed for those rather wealthy privateers who already have BTC-Spec cars, but cant afford an S2000 cars, if Alan does the ballast right a BTC-Spec car will not be able to challenge for the championship anyway

Iain
2nd February 2007, 18:10
And come mid-season, they might just fall away naturally, due to not being developed anymore.

SEATFreak
3rd February 2007, 11:32
This might test how well clued up in mechanics of the BTCC your noggins are.

What would the effect probably be on the BTC-spec cars run by teams who cannot obviously afford S2000-spec cars and are just in the series to gain experience if Alan took the BTCC that bit further toward the WTCC and adopted their points allocation rule that the total points amassed over the two races will go toward the Championships if that rule only applied to the S2000 cars?

Radders
3rd February 2007, 14:21
You can already hear the arguements if an S2000 driver had a not so good outing, fighting with a BTC car - "Why does he bother, he's not even competing in the championship...."

SEATFreak
3rd February 2007, 19:01
I wouldn't think that Radders.

What I would be thinking is "what is an S2000 driver doing in a BTC-spec car?".

Anyway I don't believe a driver is determined by the class of car he has driven. I remember Jase driving a BTC-spec Vauxhall Motorsport Astra Coupe in 2001.