PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca

gloomyDAY
9th October 2008, 17:30
I'm going to the ALMS race at Laguna Seca in next weekend. I've never been to a Le Mans race and have only visited the racetrack one time a few years ago. Can you guys give me some tips on viewing the race? I'm going to be there the entire day and spend the night in Monterey.

Also, anyone else going? I'm making a road trip out of it by driving from Orange County up to the race track! Should be fun and the sights are indeed incredible.

Thanks! :cool:

jimclark
9th October 2008, 19:23
'Might be best off over at the ALMS boards. Fer instance...

ALMS Forum Meeting / WHo is going to Laguna Seca?
http://www.americanlemans.com/community/fanforums/viewtopic.php?t=1233&sid=c9c8d2d52f7395476b8bfb41c8f127fb

Mebbe Ten-tenths forums, too.
http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110301
or

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110348

'Never been to 'Seca myself so got nuthin' to offer on advice...

Enjoy, the ALMS is great stuff. :)

alleskids
10th October 2008, 22:22
Christian Albers, former F1 driver, is making his sports car debut in the Audi R10 on Laguna Seca. He has driven the R10 during the DTM race on Zandvoort as a demo run. Audi is planning a refreshment of the dirvers line up, their star drivers aren't getting any younger, so Audi wants to bring in young guns. Albers is getting his first change to earn a factory contract in the R10.

Cryogeneric
15th October 2008, 00:17
Monterey is a cool place--definitely head down to Cannery Row if you have time. There are lot of shops and good resturants.

As for Laguna, there are so many excellent places to watch the action. I recommend you spend time walking around and checking out a number of different locations.

However, if you're planning on setting up some lawn chairs and hanging out for the day in one spot, then on the hill overlooking turns 1 & 2 is where you should head--preferably right on the fence if you can snag one of those spots early.

As for other great spots, the corkscrew is of course worth checking out. On the fence at turn 4 is cool and on the fence between 9 & 10 is cool. In fact, any spot walking down from the corkscrew offers some cool views.

I went to ALMS at Laguna two years ago and had a great time. It's usually not too crowded and the weather is typically very nice this time. Wear layers. It can be quite cold in the morning. Enjoy! :)

gloomyDAY
17th October 2008, 17:37
Monterey is a cool place--definitely head down to Cannery Row if you have time. There are lot of shops and good resturants.

As for Laguna, there are so many excellent places to watch the action. I recommend you spend time walking around and checking out a number of different locations.

However, if you're planning on setting up some lawn chairs and hanging out for the day in one spot, then on the hill overlooking turns 1 & 2 is where you should head--preferably right on the fence if you can snag one of those spots early.

As for other great spots, the corkscrew is of course worth checking out. On the fence at turn 4 is cool and on the fence between 9 & 10 is cool. In fact, any spot walking down from the corkscrew offers some cool views.

I went to ALMS at Laguna two years ago and had a great time. It's usually not too crowded and the weather is typically very nice this time. Wear layers. It can be quite cold in the morning. Enjoy! :) Thank you! I'm headed up there tomorrow morning. I'll leave here from O.C. around 4-5am and arrive there no later than 10am. I just want to enjoy the entire day then spend the night over in Monterey. I'll be staying at a hostel and I'm just waiting to see how the nightlife is up there.

alleskids
17th October 2008, 18:29
Lagauna Seca will be Emanuela Pirro's last race. After a racing career with Audi from 1994, he is ending it this weekend at LS. He will still be part of the Audi team, but not as a driver anymore.

wmcot
20th October 2008, 07:37
It was a great race - too bad NBC cut it down to 90 minutes!

gloomyDAY
20th October 2008, 18:55
Amazing! The noise, passing, racecraft, action.
I had a lot of fun and met great people after the race and partied.

ALMS had the race the same day as F1 in China. So, after coming back to my hostel drunk as a skunk I caught the F1 race through a live feed. I almost fell asleep during the race. Nothing exciting happened during the entire race. GT racing is definitely the place for me.