PDA

View Full Version : Mark Higgins

JAM
2nd February 2007, 16:30
I have few doubts about the skills of Mark Higgins. When the brits try to find local heroes to shine on WRC (with no sucess as we saw last year), why is Mark Higgins trying again the PWRC? There is no sponsors on UK? Rallying is important in UK, but the representation on WRChampionship is very poor... and the good values are testing and making national rallying

Any details or analysis about the cause of Higgins lack of success on WRC?

Finni
2nd February 2007, 16:51
If brittons would want to have stars in wrc they would support Guy Wilks and Kris Meeke instead of jr. Wilson and Mchale. Higgins is somewhere between those. Good driver but not potential new-Mcrae or new-Burns.

Actually Wilkshas got at last some support but he is still driving with older Focus which is more or less slower than the new one. But there is no questions that Wilks would eat Wilson and Mchale even with Skoda Octavia.

dcr22B
2nd February 2007, 17:14
When will people understand that Gareth MacHale is not British?? He's Irish and has predominantly Irish sponsors on his car.

cut the b.s.
2nd February 2007, 17:27
When will people understand that Gareth MacHale is not British?? He's Irish and has predominantly Irish sponsors on his car.

from the British Isles I believe? And is his principle sponsor not 'American'?

LotusElise
2nd February 2007, 17:34
Mark Higgins is a very capable driver who always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Normally too late.

cannyboy
2nd February 2007, 18:44
from the British Isles I believe? And is his principle sponsor not 'American'?

It's Ireland - not the british isles or whatever you want to call it.

And that golf course is a course that his IRISH company is building in America.

Lets see how higgins gets on in the irish championship this year first.
Probably be a bit more competive than the WRC.....

MJW
2nd February 2007, 19:42
I think Mark H. has realised that he can earn a living working for Pirelli, and that at his age he is better off getting paid drives in lesser championships than trying to raise the necessary €millions neede to play in WRC land.