PDA

View Full Version : Pickems being closed early?

Daniel
9th October 2008, 11:53
Why are the Tour de Course pickems closed when the cars have not yet turned a wheel in anger? :mark: Not that I was going to enter the pickems I just though it is a little silly to close the pickems because of shakedown :mark:

Wim_Impreza
11th October 2008, 11:15
I had the same 'problem', Daniel. I was 15 minutes too late...

Daniel
13th October 2008, 14:02
bump

pino
13th October 2008, 14:23
Daniel, PuddleJumper is in charge of Rally-pickems so it's up to him. Having said that, I personaly think all rally-pickems should be closed before the shakedown, as many times (depends on the event) it gives good indications/info how a car/driver will perform in the race ;)

Daniel
13th October 2008, 14:27
But it has no actual bearing on the rally as such. Are the f1 pickems closed before free practice? Of course it's up to the person in charge I just thought it a bit strange.

Mark
13th October 2008, 15:36
Yes. F1 pickems are closed at midnight on Friday before free practice. The pickems deadline is very clearly displayed under the thread title and they are closed before any part of the event starts so that people who are online at the last moment do not have an unfair advantage.

Daniel
13th October 2008, 16:34
Yes. F1 pickems are closed at midnight on Friday before free practice. The pickems deadline is very clearly displayed under the thread title and they are closed before any part of the event starts so that people who are online at the last moment do not have an unfair advantage.
Ok fair enough that's my question answered then :p

Bezza
22nd December 2008, 15:53

Absolutely. And I won.

Any excuse to remind people ;)

:champion: