PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Ride, anyone?

Abo
2nd February 2007, 15:52
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/81122/Robot_Arm_Ride.html (file:///h:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Neal/My%20Documents/My%20Videos/KFCK00101.wmv)

darknessrock
3rd February 2007, 19:38
The link doesn't work Abo, but it is a funny video!

Dave17
3rd February 2007, 19:43
The link doesn't work Abo, but it is a funny video!
Yep, you have to cut and paste it to your browser then it works.

Sticker Rub
4th February 2007, 11:15
I wonder how many outtakes there were before they got the height of the lowest point right?

JDPower
4th February 2007, 13:53
I wonder how many outtakes there were before they got the height of the lowest point right?
Think I'd still insist on a helmet no matter how many times they'd 'tested' it. One of the comments posted under the clip puts it in perspective though:

If this was done where I worked, there would be serveral people fired on the spot.

It is dangerous and foolish to be inside the working envelope of this type of robot, let alone ride the damn thing.

These are not toys and do not have the saftey built in to do this sort of thing. If there were a system failure the rider could get driven into the concrete with all the force the arm could deliver.

I've seen first hand what happens when a robot crashes (due to malfunction) with the part and fixture into a stack of material.

SteveA
4th February 2007, 17:49

You'll have to wait for the next Darwin awards for that information.