PDA

View Full Version : Wrc 2007

Pages : [1] 2

DonJippo
5th December 2006, 14:12
So what's the latest on who drives and where?

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:14
Post your predicitons here.

I think Citroen will be fast out of the box like they were with the Xsara, I think Subaru will improve a bit but Petter will be so hungry for success that he'll overdrive it for a few events and I suspect that Loeb and Gronholm will be taking the lions share of wins between them if Subaru are still rubbish.

Loeb for the championship too.

Jaanus
5th December 2006, 16:12
M1:
Citroen
Loeb
Sordo

Ford
Grönholm
Hirvonen

Subaru
P. Solberg
Atkinson

Suzuki
???
???

M2:
Kronos Citroen
???(Pons)
???

Stobart Expert Ford
M. Wilson
H. Solberg

Munchis Ford World Rally Team
Companc
Juan Pablo Raies
Katajamäki, Latvala, Gardemeister

OMV Peugeot
Stohl
???(Aava)

Red Bull Skoda?
A. Aigner
???

Mitsubishi
???(Khaled Al Quasimi)
???(al Attiyah)

First Motorsport Skoda?
Duval
Kopecky

PH Sport/Astra Citroen
???(Aava)

Tom206wrc
5th December 2006, 17:25
Aava in the whale would be very exciting to follow :bounce:

You can also add Jean-Marie Cuoq in his own white whale for Monte-Carlo and a few selected gravel events... ;)

BSA could also enter in WRC07 with two whales fo form an M2 team, but no idea about the drivers they could use(hopefully Gigi Galli as one of the permanent drivers !!)

Simmi
5th December 2006, 18:33
Has the fact that Garde is doing rounds for Munchis in a Focus killed off his Astra plans does anyone know? Because with the 5 or so Astra rounds and a few others he could put a decent season together in 2 top cars.

DonJippo
5th December 2006, 18:45
Has the fact that Garde is doing rounds for Munchis in a Focus killed off his Astra plans does anyone know? Because with the 5 or so Astra rounds and a few others he could put a decent season together in 2 top cars.

Toni's manager has said they are close to have a deal that gives Toni 10+ events this year with WRC car. Nothing has been said about what car or team other than Munchi's press release...

Simmi
5th December 2006, 18:49
A week or so ago Luca Pregliasco the head of Astra said he was hoping to do he same 5 or so round programme with Toni as this year:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Astra-plots-more-events-with-Gardemeister-in--07-~cid~4~id~140650.htm

euskalteam
5th December 2006, 18:55
And Markko Martin-Robert Reid isn't one of the teams for the M2 Mitsubishi?? I read it today

atsiotras79
5th December 2006, 18:56
Also Greek Aris Vovos will be in Portugal, and Acropolis of course, not sure though if Atolye Kazaz will provide the car again.

René
6th December 2006, 11:22
One interview of Jackie BOZIAN yesterday he explained the plan for 2007.

"It was one year incredible! We are very proud of Manfred and Henning which enabled us to record five podiums this season.
It’s an excellent result for a private team. Our pilots knew perfectly to exploit the potential of Peugeot 307 WRC. We hope, now, to improve these performances for the next season that we will dispute with Manfred Stohl.

Jackie Bozian, TEAM Manager of the OMV Peugeot Norway World Rally TEAM.

http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/fr/accueil/news1.shtml

But nothing about another car ?

WRC1
6th December 2006, 11:43
i just got a official message that RedBull Skoda will retire from wrc!!

skoda has announced that they will concentrate on the developing of the new fabia II s2000, that means for redbull that there are not enough resources to deliver a good package for them.

the one and only skoda fabia wrc next year will be Jan Kopecky!

but RedBull will not stop the cooperation with Andreas Aigner! at the moment there are negoations with teams and his other sponsors. there should be an anouncemend soon how the carreer of Aigner will move on.

regards and sorry for my english

wrc1

Brother John
6th December 2006, 11:55
the one and only skoda fabia wrc next year will be Jan Kopecky!

This rumour was in a Belgium website!!

There are hope and future for Skoda into world of the wrc... and for François Duval with team First from Willy Collignon!
Currently, Willy Collignon works on a project for 2007 of 12 rallys with two Fabia WRC, one for François Duval and one for a second driver who would probably be Jan Kopecky, wire of one of the leaders of Skoda.
No doubt that a very good result of François Duval to the rally of the United Kingdom insiterait the Czech factory to help the First team for 2007.

Source: http://www.autosports.be/Rallye/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=141

Simmi
6th December 2006, 11:55
Saw this last night regarding Skoda for next year:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=f8c0c5bb49cafd07de000a1100be99 35&newsID=9646&view=news_detail

Dont know exactly what it says mind...

Brother John
6th December 2006, 12:03
Saw this last night regarding Skoda for next year:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=f8c0c5bb49cafd07de000a1100be99 35&newsID=9646&view=news_detail

Dont know exactly what it says mind...

There stands approximately the same as in my previous post!

Simmi
6th December 2006, 12:06
There stands approximately the same as in my previous post!

Yeah I know I posted it at the same time as you did BJ. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered but at least I now know what it means.

aivan
6th December 2006, 12:14
Aava in the whale would be very exciting to follow :bounce:

Any pilot entering in a whale would be very exciting for you Tom.... ;)

GigiGalliNo1
6th December 2006, 12:47
i don't like this forum ahaha but i wanna see GiGi somewhere in a team!! and some mitsu's - any news?

WRC1
6th December 2006, 13:30
i don't like this forum ahaha but i wanna see GiGi somewhere in a team!! and some mitsu's - any news?

no real news yet, but i think i will meet gigi this weekend :hot: and i will ask him!! :talk:

regards

wrc1

WRC1
6th December 2006, 13:34
This rumour was in a Belgium website!!

There are hope and future for Skoda into world of the wrc... and for François Duval with team First from Willy Collignon!
Currently, Willy Collignon works on a project for 2007 of 12 rallys with two Fabia WRC, one for François Duval and one for a second driver who would probably be Jan Kopecky, wire of one of the leaders of Skoda.
No doubt that a very good result of François Duval to the rally of the United Kingdom insiterait the Czech factory to help the First team for 2007.

Source: http://www.autosports.be/Rallye/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=141

yes i read this news too BJ, i got my info about kopecky should be the only skoda next year from RedBull Press release....the question is what knows RedBull about the plans of First Skoda????

but regarding Duval, there is also a ruomor that he might partner up with manfred stohl and drive the second omv whale for bozian....

regards

wrc1

COD
6th December 2006, 14:05
Mitsu M2 Carlsson and Sohlberg?

Red Bull Citroen? Aigner and Pons?????

BTW: WRC1, I think the quote on your signature is Not from Vatanen, but Kankkunen

WRC1
6th December 2006, 14:09
@COD: thx!!

here is the redbull news in english:
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Skoda-withdraws--Red-Bull-to-help-Aigner-~cid~4~id~141058.htm

regards

wrc1

bennizw
6th December 2006, 14:20
No, Mitsubishi M2:

Markko Märtin and maybe Daniel Carlsson if he finds the budget.

Märtin is confirmed for 12 rounds next year.

Brother John
6th December 2006, 14:20
Armin Schwarz and Raimund Baumschlager ! I don´t want no longer to see these names again in wrc!
Like I said a year ago. You don´t make a wrc team with only money. :D

Peugeot206WRC
6th December 2006, 14:26
Anyone know what car Freddy Loix or Piero Liatti will drive?

Simmi
6th December 2006, 14:29

Their road car on the way to the supermarket?

RS
6th December 2006, 14:37
Whatever Red Bull (BRR) say about why Skoda Auto will not support them next year the truth is they failed to perform and Kopecky did which is why he is getting the support next year. I hope they form an M2 team with Duval.

GigiGalliNo1
6th December 2006, 14:43
where is this markko martin news coming from?

WRC1
6th December 2006, 15:00
Whatever Red Bull (BRR) say about why Skoda Auto will not support them next year the truth is they failed to perform and Kopecky did which is why he is getting the support next year. I hope they form an M2 team with Duval.

about Duval/First i have to agree, but tell me what CRT did better than RedBull?? Kopecky was really fast in Spain, but what else??

Aigner was really fast in germany, Ekström was up on the pace in sweden and panizzi was 4th after day 1 in monte....

kopecky drives Fabia already 3 years and was in germany turkey and wales slower than Aigner in his first year

dont get me wrong, i hope kopecky will get his seat in an M2 Team because he is good and young, but lets keep the facts!

regards

wrc1

GigiGalliNo1
6th December 2006, 15:10
when yu see gigi and giovanni wen you do WRC1, please ask Giovanni to email Matt from australia! he will kno haha if you kno some polish say something if not then i'll come up with something for you to say, if i forget just yu kno mention something bout me visiting him in poland!

bennizw
6th December 2006, 15:16
The news about Markko comes from a reliable source who also was in a meeting with Mitsubishi last weekend under Rally GB, and had it confirmed.

EuroTroll
6th December 2006, 15:32
The news about Markko comes from a reliable source who also was in a meeting with Mitsubishi last weekend under Rally GB, and had it confirmed.

He was asked about this by the Estonian media in Wales. His response was along the lines of "why would I bother with such a pointless series". Then he told one reporter that he hasn't tested the Mitsu and to another that he had "but so what?".

Seems likely that the prick is lying and that bennizw's information is correct. ;)

RS
6th December 2006, 15:37
about Duval/First i have to agree, but tell me what CRT did better than RedBull?? Kopecky was really fast in Spain, but what else??

Aigner was really fast in germany, Ekström was up on the pace in sweden and panizzi was 4th after day 1 in monte....

kopecky drives Fabia already 3 years and was in germany turkey and wales slower than Aigner in his first year

dont get me wrong, i hope kopecky will get his seat in an M2 Team because he is good and young, but lets keep the facts!

regards

wrc1

Yes, let's keep the facts: Kopecky has 7 points in the championship, Aigner has 3 and the other Red Bull drivers 0....

But actually I am not speaking against Aigner but the team. I actually think Aigner did a pretty good job and was a match for Rovanpera already.

Kopecky also won 3 stages this year.

But overall Red Bull were by far the slowest Fabias (Rovanpera finished nearly as far behind Duval as Duval did behind Gronholm in GB)

Tom206wrc
6th December 2006, 15:51
but regarding Duval, there is also a ruomor that he might partner up with manfred stohl and drive the second omv whale for bozian....

regards

wrc1

Interesting !! :eek:

Daniel
6th December 2006, 15:55
when yu see gigi and giovanni wen you do WRC1, please ask Giovanni to email Matt from australia! he will kno haha if you kno some polish say something if not then i'll come up with something for you to say, if i forget just yu kno mention something bout me visiting him in poland!

Please take advantage of the spell checker on this new version of this site. Please........

MikeD
6th December 2006, 16:07
I think...(incl. some facts :)

a.) that "Bozian Racing" needs a driver with a sponsorship for their second Peugeot 307 (along side Stohl)

b.) Kronos Racing need 2 drivers with sponsorship money for their hope of an M2 entry with two Citroen Xsara's

c.) There are very few drivers that can deliver a sponsorship deal for 10 rounds or more. Aigner clearly looks to have the best deal with Red Bull so expect him to fill one of those 3 seats above.

d.) Xevi Pons has good connections with spanish sponsors (e.g. Repsol), but atm spanish sponsors are putting a lot of money into F1, MotoGP and GP2. But Telefonica has left both F1 (Renault) and MotoGP (Honda Gresini), so that could be a posibility.

e.) Duval could be possible in both Kronos Racing and Bozian Racing since he looks to be able to generate sponsorship money for 4-6 events.

f.) All 3 Ford teams look filled, so the 3 drivers Aigner, Pons and Duval will most likely be found in the 2 Xsara's + 1 Peugeot 307.

g.) Kopecky will probably continue with the Fabia....

agree? - disagree?

MikeD
6th December 2006, 16:07
Please take advantage of the spell checker on this new version of this site. Please........

:lol: .... good one :)

A.F.F.
6th December 2006, 16:29
There's a spell checker ?? Where?

Micke_VOC
6th December 2006, 17:05
Mitsu M2 Carlsson and Sohlberg?

Red Bull Citroen? Aigner and Pons?????

In sweden rumours about Daniel Carlsson says Mitsu. or a french team.
Think Bozian maybe...he had done good work for them before.

star
6th December 2006, 17:43
2 weeks ago Markko Martin said he wasn't coming back. Who will co drive for him though? Is there going to be an official announcement? I think its just rumours again.....have to wait and see I suppose.

bennizw
6th December 2006, 18:58
Don't know when the official announcement is planned, but it's said David Senior is to join Markko. I was personally hoping for Robert Reid actually.

Roy
6th December 2006, 19:03
Martin Back. Why is this rumour so strong?

It will be strange in my ears. That was for me also with Colin McRea back with Kronos. I don't say anything. :\

One fact: we have a nice starting list in 2007.

star
6th December 2006, 21:07
Don't know when the official announcement is planned, but it's said David Senior is to join Markko. I was personally hoping for Robert Reid actually.

I still think this 'return' is a rumour, like it was 2 weeks ago, unless you know something we all don't!? Markko was at Rally GB at the weekend so maybe he was sorting out his 2007 contract!!! It would be good to see him back, lets hope the car is better than it was in recent years.

GigiGalliNo1
7th December 2006, 04:57

Do you have nothing else to complain about?

raybak
7th December 2006, 07:49
I'm available to codrive for Martin if he needs someone.

Ray

bennizw
7th December 2006, 10:23
I've been talking to a Norwegian driver who has been in discussions with the Mitsubishi team boss, and he got Märtins deal confirmed throughout his visit. So I would say this is reliable enough to that we can expect it to happen. This driver told me that Märtin already has signed, but he didn't know which events he was to do.

StevoEvo
7th December 2006, 10:53
I think Martin's doing 12 rounds.........
Also seen Henning Solberg's name linked to Mitsubishi?????????
Anybody got news about that????

AndyRAC
7th December 2006, 11:36

And what about Bruno Thiry, Simon Jean-Joseph, Armin Kremer, etc

Gard
7th December 2006, 11:40
Henning/Expert said no to the Mitsu drive. Mostly because they wanted a top car and that it's some uncertainty about Mitsu's commitment regarding 2008. A problem may have been that in 2008 Mitsu plans a full factory team and they couldn't accept the orange Expert colors. That would mean Mitsu already has the main money assigned for the team.

Henning will drive for Ford. But it seems it has been some discussions. I guess about the orange color and/or M2 or not. Probably because they want a better car than an M2 team can use. We will see what it will be soon.

StevoEvo
7th December 2006, 12:08
So if Mitsubishi are in with a Works team in 2008, I would imagine they'll be using the new model Evo in this link, Shouls look mental
http://www.automobilemag.com/future_cars/2008/0604_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x/

The rumours about Henning the Stobart team, would it be 2 cars in Stobart colours and 1 car in Expert colours Or 1 in each colour Or a mix and match lol Choices Choices

Lousada
7th December 2006, 12:15
And what about Bruno Thiry, Simon Jean-Joseph

Bruno Thiry is retired. He said so in this years Condroz rally, that it was just a 1 off performance and that he won't be making a comeback.
Fast Freddy might compete in the IRC with the Polo S2000 he tested in that same Condroz, but those are rumours. But he will certainly compete in the coming Dakar rally with a Fast & Speed buggy. His teammate will be Simon Jean-Joseph!

A.F.F.
7th December 2006, 13:16
Simon Jean-Joseph has no business in WRC.

Daniel
7th December 2006, 13:19
Simon Jean-Joseph has no business in WRC.
Have you said this to JB?

A.F.F.
7th December 2006, 13:22
I just did.

Daniel
7th December 2006, 13:38
I just did.
True :D He's probably to busy riding his bicycle to notice though :p

AndyRAC
7th December 2006, 14:42
Bruno Thiry is retired. He said so in this years Condroz rally, that it was just a 1 off performance and that he won't be making a comeback.
Fast Freddy might compete in the IRC with the Polo S2000 he tested in that same Condroz, but those are rumours. But he will certainly compete in the coming Dakar rally with a Fast & Speed buggy. His teammate will be Simon Jean-Joseph!

I wasn't being serious mentioning these drivers, it was a tongue in cheek comment, I knew Thiry had retired and was tyre testing for a top tyre company. The other drivers I just plucked out of the air.

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 15:46
I would love to see Martin back in the WRC, especially with the Lancer. It would be good for the sport to have someone with his talent back in the fold.

I had the impression that Henning was going to sign on with Stobart, so he could drive the new Focus, but that may be dated now.

Aigner did have some impressive pace, and he was behind the wheel of the Fabia - no knock on Skoda, but I think he would have done better if he had a more competitive car. Also, Travis Pastrana's international campaign for 2007 will be revealed at RoC, and his largest sponsor in rally is Red Bull, though he is about as synomamous with Subaru as any driver in the states. I would really like to see a Subaru M2 Team, Red Bull Subaru, with Aigner and Pastrana, though the American isn't as experienced as he needs to be to compete with the world's best yet, despite dominating the North American rally championship this season. Still, I can dream.

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 15:52
Also, Travis Pastrana's international campaign for 2007 will be revealed at RoC, and his largest sponsor in rally is Red Bull, though he is about as synomamous with Subaru as any driver in the states. I would really like to see a Subaru M2 Team, Red Bull Subaru, with Aigner and Pastrana, though the American isn't as experienced as he needs to be to compete with the world's best yet, despite dominating the North American rally championship this season. Still, I can dream.

Yes, I'd like to see this too! But 2007 is too early, in my opinion! Better to have a good long-term plan. Travis has just signed a three-year deal with Subaru of America which will give him lots of opportunities and time to grow, I think.

- Christian

Tomi
7th December 2006, 15:56
Yes, I'd like to see this too! But 2007 is too early, in my opinion! Better to have a good long-term plan. Travis has just signed a three-year deal with Subaru of America which will give him lots of opportunities and time to grow, I think.

- Christian

Why does he waste his time there, he should come to drive in some competitive series in Europe.

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 15:59
Why does he waste his time there, he should come to drive in some competitive series in Europe.

He's got a pretty large fanbase in the states. Plus, with the new ESPN deal, he'll have a lot more exposure and help bring money into the sport for sponsorship, etc.

Tomi
7th December 2006, 16:03
He's got a pretty large fanbase in the states. Plus, with the new ESPN deal, he'll have a lot more exposure and help bring money into the sport for sponsorship, etc.

Ahaa, i see, i was thinking more learning to drive vise, the competiton would be toughter here, not just a drive truh.

Simmi
7th December 2006, 17:04
Apparently Henning was getting comfy in the Focus of Marcus in Wales according to Neil Cole on wrc.com.

http://www.wrc.com/page/BehindtheScenesDetail/0,,10111~939010,00.html
(5th paragraph).

miksu
7th December 2006, 17:20
Apparently Henning was getting comfy in the Focus of Marcus in Wales according to Neil Cole on wrc.com.

http://www.wrc.com/page/BehindtheScenesDetail/0,,10111~939010,00.html
(5th paragraph).

hehe, the last one is funny... petter throwing his snake into marcus' cockpit...

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 17:41
Ahaa, i see, i was thinking more learning to drive vise, the competiton would be toughter here, not just a drive truh.

End of the day, I don't see Subaru of America having too much of an interest in Travis driving in Finland. The Finnish national rally series isn't that popular in America. And YLE doesn't even broadcast TV in the US! The point, after all, is to promote the brand and sell cars, too.

Don't worry though - Travis has a nice program coming which will see him face some stiff competition quite soon. And with the Subaru support money for privateers, there could be 6-8 guys who could genuinely win the US championship next year, so competition is improving here, too.

Tomi
7th December 2006, 17:46
End of the day, I don't see Subaru of America having too much of an interest in Travis driving in Finland. The Finnish national rally series isn't that popular in America. And YLE doesn't even broadcast TV in the US! The point, after all, is to promote the brand and sell cars, too.

Don't worry though - Travis has a nice program coming which will see him face some stiff competition quite soon. And with the Subaru support money for privateers, there could be 6-8 guys who could genuinely win the US championship next year, so competition is improving here, too.

Was thinking of Europe in general, not Finland, well its nice to hear that us rallying is improving. Waiting to see how he does in in stiff competition.

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 17:47
Was thinking of Europe in general, not Finland, well its nice to hear that us rallying is improving. Waiting to see how he does in in stiff competition.

I think we all are.

pflugi
7th December 2006, 19:08
End of the day, I don't see Subaru of America having too much of an interest in Travis driving in Finland. The Finnish national rally series isn't that popular in America.

"not that popular?" You would be hard-pressed to find one person out of ten-thousand that's even heard of it. I know what you mean, though :)

Travis in a European rally in 2007? I think I would have a small heart attack. I'm guessing that he has the pace of most group N drivers, but I don't think he's ever had to make his own pace notes (?) and the setups for cars on a lot of American rallies isn't as specific and detialed as on WRC rallies. He's gonna need to at least try to get some experience outside of America/Canada if he's going to make rallying his future, like he claims, but I don't see this happening next year. Unless maybe because of some sort of crazy and massive effort on his part.

It would be great boost to American rallying--not just because he's doing so much for the sport in the US, but because if he can hold his own in somewhere like Finland then that means other North American drivers aren't too far behind. Orio, Comrie-Picard, Block, and L'estage could be next.

But, er, not next year.

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 19:12
Travis in a European rally in 2007? I think I would have a small heart attack.

Best take a few aspirin. I think our program for next year will be announced in the next few weeks, so that's all I can say for now.

pflugi
7th December 2006, 19:18
Really? I'm gonna need more than aspirin! Hmmm...I guess I shouldn't question if you know or not! :) Has Travis made his own pacenotes?

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 19:21
Really? I'm gonna need more than aspirin! Hmmm...I guess I shouldn't question if you know or not! :) Has Travis made his own pacenotes?

I think Bjorn240 may know a thing or two about Travis' pacenotes, but that's just a guess.

pflugi
7th December 2006, 19:23
Yeah. Egg on my face.... I just figured that out.

Tomi
7th December 2006, 20:24
"not that popular?" You would be hard-pressed to find one person out of ten-thousand that's even heard of it. I know what you mean, though :)
Propably true, rally is an marginal sport in usa, but in countries that know something about rally, they usually knows.

Normally the driver dictates the notes and co-driver writes them on paper, dont know how it's done in usa.

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 20:47
Propably true, rally is an marginal sport in usa, but in countries that know something about rally, they usually knows.

Yes yes, but that still wouldn't help Subaru sell cars in America. (Which is presumably what they're paying us for.)

Normally the driver dictates the notes and co-driver writes them on paper, dont know how it's done in usa.

Same, of course, except that many of the National events run on computer-generated organizer notes from Jemba. To answer pflugi's question - Yes, we've written notes before. Also, we've got 13 or 14 recce events planned for 2007. That's in addition to the Rally America calendar.

Now, can we get this thread back on track - Predictions for 2007 WRC?!
I think Carlsson and Martin in a Mitsubishi team would be great. And I'd like to see PG get a few rounds in the Suzuki WR car. What do we know about Suzuki's driver choices, anyway?

Tomi
7th December 2006, 21:01
Yes yes, but that still wouldn't help Subaru sell cars in America. (Which is presumably what they're paying us for.)

Same, of course, except that many of the National events run on computer-generated organizer notes from Jemba. To answer pflugi's question - Yes, we've written notes before. Also, we've got 13 or 14 recce events planned for 2007. That's in addition to the Rally America calendar.

Now, can we get this thread back on track - Predictions for 2007 WRC?!
I think Carlsson and Martin in a Mitsubishi team would be great. And I'd like to see PG get a few rounds in the Suzuki WR car. What do we know about Suzuki's driver choices, anyway?

Nothing much about Suzuki, except that they propably wont continiue with the junior drivers.

Bjorn240
7th December 2006, 21:03
A shame after all the effort the drivers have put in!

DonJippo
7th December 2006, 21:05
Nothing much about Suzuki

Other than that most of the known drivers, retired and active, are rumoured to be connected to the team... :dozey:

Tomi
7th December 2006, 21:06
A shame after all the effort the drivers have put in!
yes, but thats how it is nowdays, PG better try to find money to drive a few WRC rounds, he has been too long time in that junior thing already.

Tomi
7th December 2006, 21:07
Other than that most of the known drivers, retired and active, are rumoured to be connected to the team... :dozey:

yes, offcourse its a wanted seat, pay drive.

pflugi
7th December 2006, 22:44
Is there any truth to the rumor that Garde has a real shot at a Suzuki drive? If he's racing for a Ford M2 team for a couple of early rounds, and is trying for 6 rounds with Astra, I'm guessing that still gives him time to test with the team and drive end-of-the-season rounds.

GunsofNavarone
7th December 2006, 22:54
Is there any truth to the rumor that Garde has a real shot at a Suzuki drive? If he's racing for a Ford M2 team for a couple of early rounds, and is trying for 6 rounds with Astra, I'm guessing that still gives him time to test with the team and drive end-of-the-season rounds.

I have not heard anything that would lead me to think that he would, but who knows at this point.

Tomi
7th December 2006, 22:57

I guess there is some truth, Gardes manager said last sunday that they should have something to announce this week, better wait and see.

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 00:39
Yep, Jouhki has plans to put Garde behind Suzuki's steering wheel :)

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 11:54
Does someone know when Manfred Stohl will officially announce his team for 2007 ??? :confused:

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 12:07
Would be nice to see the Big Mac in an M2 Scooby, for old times sake. He may not be as quick as his mad younger days, but I got to say he's still got it and is very good entertainment value for spectators.
Or give him a SX4 development drive, he could give them valuable experience and pass it on to their younger drivers..... Sainz in a SX4 would be good for the sport too.. ;)

rhinoceros
8th December 2006, 12:13
Despite this terrible season with Redbull Skoda (no test no results) IMO Rovanpera could be the best choice for Suzuki. If they want to develope a good rally car they´ll engage Rovanpera. If they want a sponsor they can take Garde.

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 12:19
Rovanpera would be a good choice too.. agreed!!!!
I just think theres ex World champions out there, who maybe looking for a new short term challenge for maybe a year. Makinen is another one I would like to see return and mix it with the young guns.
Whatever the line up is it's got to be a veteran/rookie mix.

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 12:54
Mäkinen won't come back :(

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 13:53
Hmmmmm, I know It's no relevence to WRC, but I remember Mika Hakkinen saying that he won't return to F1, now a few yrs later he'd love a 2nd chance competing at the top again, but we all know he aint gonna get it!!!!! Never say never.......

Daniel
8th December 2006, 13:57
Mäkinen won't come back :(
One thing we know about Finns is that they don't like playing second fiddle in a team to another driver. Makinen won't come back. Maybe he'll do NORF one day but I don't think we'll see him back permanently.

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 14:05
What is Makinen doing with himself these days anyway?

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 14:06
Hmmmmm, I know It's no relevence to WRC, but I remember Mika Hakkinen saying that he won't return to F1, now a few yrs later he'd love a 2nd chance competing at the top again, but we all know he aint gonna get it!!!!! Never say never.......

Yes, and Jani Sievinen quit swimming and came back.

Still, Tommi won't come back.

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 14:08
What is Makinen doing with himself these days anyway?

Having fun, rally related things like building group-N Subarus, keeping a rally school, hanging around in rallies and farming... that's about it pretty much :)

Daniel
8th December 2006, 14:12
Having fun, rally related things like building group-N Subarus, keeping a rally school, hanging around in rallies and farming... that's about it pretty much :)
Hopefully he doesn't do what other Finns seem to do when they retire from sport :(

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 14:15
Hopefully he doesn't do what other Finns seem to do when they retire from sport :(

Tommi has been seen to crab a pint or two but I don't think he has a problem with it. Like some other legends might have :rolleyes:

Daniel
8th December 2006, 14:17
Tommi has been seen to crab a pint or two but I don't think he has a problem with it. Like some other legends might have :rolleyes:
I hope so. I was very very very sad to hear that about KKK :(

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 14:18

Good for him, I assume he won't come back, I'd just like to see him back again....
BUT guess not, he's proved his point
He came
He saw
He fked many championships up for McRae lol
Respect where it's due... :)

AndyRAC
8th December 2006, 14:40
It is a shame about KKK, he's one of my childhood heros!

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 14:51
Don't be sad for Kankkunen. He is doing great novadays :up: And not just on tabloids but in real life too :up: :)

Daniel
8th December 2006, 14:52
Don't be sad for Kankkunen. He is doing great novadays :up: And not just on tabloids but in real life too :up: :)
Good to hear :) I heard he went to a clinic. Hope that's the end of it :up:

Kaiser
8th December 2006, 14:55

I am just hoping that Carlsson gets that drive and from what everyone is saying, it all boils down to $$$. Does anyone know when this will finally be announced?

rhinoceros
8th December 2006, 15:16
"StevoEvo asked:
What is Makinen doing with himself these days anyway?"

Tommi and KKK are good chaps and...

http://www.tommimakinen.net/
just buy a subaru of your own
Tommi can also learn you to drive

or if you´ll prefer KKK
then you´d better to go to his driving academy
http://imanager.ip-finland.com/driving_academy/english/index.php

DonJippo
8th December 2006, 15:40

He has few Ponsses as well...he has been looking a driver for one of his Ponsse' and it's a paid seat :p

Daniel
8th December 2006, 16:13
Ponsse "Bear"

http://www.ponsse.com/english/products/harvesters/bear/index.php

http://www.ponsse.com/images/pictures/products/harvesters/bear_vaaka3.jpg

Now the whole FRM thing makes sense. When Petter saw a bear in Japan last year it was actually a Ponsse Bear.

Dirty ****ing FRM! :p

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 17:06
What about Xavi Ponsse ??? :p :

Daniel
8th December 2006, 17:09
What about Xavi Ponsse ??? :p :
The conspiracy deepens........

It seems the FRM is bigger than first thought.......

From what Tom said it sounds like they have training camps in Spain too. Kind of like a rally version of Al Qaeda........

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 17:19
Back to the subject of the thread...according to several german/austrian sites, OMV will stop supporting ADAC Rallye Deutschland next year !!!

Let's hope they won't stop with Manfred Stohl too... :mark:

WRC1
8th December 2006, 19:33
Back to the subject of the thread...according to several german/austrian sites, OMV will stop supporting ADAC Rallye Deutschland next year !!!

Let's hope they won't stop with Manfred Stohl too... :mark:

no worry tom!! stohl and omv will be together also in the next years

manfred told in an interview for motorline that they speaking with a lot people, he said he had something nice and big in preperation for next year...but still no hint what it coul be....

but i think there should be something official in the next 10 days...

regards

wrc1

MikeD
8th December 2006, 19:46
no worry tom!! stohl and omv will be together also in the next years

manfred told in an interview for motorline that they speaking with a lot people, he said he had something nice and big in preperation for next year...but still no hint what it coul be....

but i think there should be something official in the next 10 days...

regards

wrc1

Stohl will either drive a whale or a Xsara next year. Both Kronos and Bozian are so kean to get a driver with such a big sponsorship. If one of those two teams can grap both Stohl/OMW and Aigner/Red Bull the other team might not have the money to compete next year (IMHO).

RS
8th December 2006, 20:03
Despite this terrible season with Redbull Skoda (no test no results) IMO Rovanpera could be the best choice for Suzuki. If they want to develope a good rally car they´ll engage Rovanpera. If they want a sponsor they can take Garde.

Hmmm, but Toni can drive on asphalt too and he is probably at least as quick as Rovanpera on gravel. Don't know about his car developing abilities, but if they want a tester to driver on events too then I'd chose Garde. He's a bit younger than Harri too.

Are you calling Toni a pay driver?

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 20:23
Hmmm, but Toni can drive on asphalt too and he is probably at least as quick as Rovanpera on gravel. Don't know about his car developing abilities, but if they want a tester to driver on events too then I'd chose Garde. He's a bit younger than Harri too.

Are you calling Toni a pay driver?

I'm not but apparently Mr.Jouhki is ;) He said that up to six drivers will get paid -07.

grugsticles
8th December 2006, 20:24
Stohl will either drive a whale or a Xsara next year. Both Kronos and Bozian are so kean to get a driver with such a big sponsorship. If one of those two teams can grap both Stohl/OMW and Aigner/Red Bull the other team might not have the money to compete next year (IMHO).

Sthol should look for the Kronos drive if he has a choice (IMO). Kronos have learnt a lot this year from having Loab as their spearhead and I would think that that would rub off in the years to come.

A Kronos/Stohl/OMV/Aigner/Red Bull combination would make for quite a high level privateer team. Both are great divers, theres lots of financial backing and Kronos certainly know what they are doing (rather than being a priateer team looking to make a mark). Id say a certain manufacturer championship contender!

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 20:28

That would make quite a nonsense if Manfred and Ilka go to Kronos next year if this is with the Xsara(not the C4) :s

This year the whale proved to be as competitive as the not-driven-by-Loeb Xsaras :rolleyes:

DonJippo
8th December 2006, 20:47
I'm not but apparently Mr.Jouhki is ;) He said that up to six drivers will get paid -07.

Plus Suzuki driver(s)...

Jaanus
8th December 2006, 20:50
Who are these 6 drivers who get payd?
Loeb
Grönholm
P. Solberg
Hirvonen?
Sordo?
Märtin?

A.F.F.
8th December 2006, 20:51
[quote="Jaanus"]Who are these 6 drivers who get payd?
QUOTE]

Well, that part Mr.Jouhki didn't say ;)

WRC1
8th December 2006, 20:56
Sthol should look for the Kronos drive if he has a choice (IMO). Kronos have learnt a lot this year from having Loab as their spearhead and I would think that that would rub off in the years to come.

A Kronos/Stohl/OMV/Aigner/Red Bull combination would make for quite a high level privateer team. Both are great divers, theres lots of financial backing and Kronos certainly know what they are doing (rather than being a priateer team looking to make a mark). Id say a certain manufacturer championship contender!

exactly my opinion, i really hope it will come true!!

WRC1
8th December 2006, 21:13
That would make quite a nonsense if Manfred and Ilka go to Kronos next year if this is with the Xsara(not the C4) :s

This year the whale proved to be as competitive as the not-driven-by-Loeb Xsaras :rolleyes:

i am not 100% sure about that! manfreds whale had active diffs this year! due to his sensationell results i think he must use passive diffs next year, and i think this makes quiet a big difference, the xsaras of sordo and pons where all the time (sordos since finnland) passive, so i dont think the 307 is exactly as good as the xsara when they are at equal settings...

regards

wrc1

L5->R5/CR
8th December 2006, 21:15

From watching Travis he still has some to learn before it would be beneficial for him to compete regularly with Europeans (I expect we'll see about 3 maybe 4 international events).

Considering he has only like 23 rally events he has progressed quite a bit.

With US backing and no real US WRC presence it makes sense to develop his pedigree more in the US market where there is more RoI on sponsoring him until his international success is likely at which point I fully expect to see him give it a go. He is being groomed for the long term and seems to have more than enough backing to sustain it. No point in having another Matthew Wilson when he can learn a lot without being in the WRC.

Tomi
8th December 2006, 21:19
From watching Travis he still has some to learn before it would be beneficial for him to compete regularly with Europeans (I expect we'll see about 3 maybe 4 international events).

Considering he has only like 23 rally events he has progressed quite a bit.

With US backing and no real US WRC presence it makes sense to develop his pedigree more in the US market where there is more RoI on sponsoring him until his international success is likely at which point I fully expect to see him give it a go. He is being groomed for the long term and seems to have more than enough backing to sustain it. No point in having another Matthew Wilson when he can learn a lot without being in the WRC.

ok, yes i see

L5->R5/CR
8th December 2006, 21:23
ok, yes i see

It doesn't hurt that one of his sponsors/team mate owns 850 acres and has built 10+ miles of rally testing track.

Or that his team is based close to a rally driving school.

He seems to be developing his car set up skills quite well from the looks of it.

Seems to have the car handling quite nicely in some real tricky conditions when I saw him this year. Plus it looks like there will be as many as 7 or 8 possible contenders next year (most all of them with proven speed and having either won US events in 2006 or put down some incredible results in lesser machinery and are planning on stepping up to a full US spec car).

1LM1
8th December 2006, 21:51

I can't wait to know which team gets Red Bull sponsorship. I hope it's Kronos but I have no idea about what's going on backstage: they are at least 4 candidates (Ford M2 team, Subaru M2 team, Peugeot M2 team and Kronos).

DonJippo
8th December 2006, 22:16
It doesn't hurt that one of his sponsors/team mate owns 850 acres and has built 10+ miles of rally testing track.

Why it has to be that long? As long as you have all the elements on the track that you want a shorter would be better IMO...

Tomi
8th December 2006, 22:23

Or that his team is based close to a rally driving school.

He seems to be developing his car set up skills quite well from the looks of it.

Seems to have the car handling quite nicely in some real tricky conditions when I saw him this year. Plus it looks like there will be as many as 7 or 8 possible contenders next year (most all of them with proven speed and having either won US events in 2006 or put down some incredible results in lesser machinery and are planning on stepping up to a full US spec car).

Whos teaching in the school?

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 22:43
Who are these 6 drivers who get payd?
Loeb
Grönholm
P. Solberg
Hirvonen?
Sordo?
Märtin?

Plus Malcolm gives Matthews pay via speeding fines pmsl

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 22:47
I can't wait to know which team gets Red Bull sponsorship. I hope it's Kronos but I have no idea about what's going on backstage: they are at least 4 candidates (Ford M2 team, Subaru M2 team, Peugeot M2 team and Kronos).

I think the Ford M2 are using the Munchie's brand for sponsorship.

http://dashautos.blogspot.com/2006/12/wrc-equipo-argentino-en-la-temporada.html

1LM1
9th December 2006, 00:36
I think the Ford M2 are using the Munchie's brand for sponsorship.

http://dashautos.blogspot.com/2006/12/wrc-equipo-argentino-en-la-temporada.html

Yes you are right. It's great to see new sponsors entering WRC by the way. But I still wonder if there will be another Ford M2 team next year though.

L5->R5/CR
9th December 2006, 01:44
Why it has to be that long? As long as you have all the elements on the track that you want a shorter would be better IMO...

I think it is more for practicing pace note delivery..

As far as I know (Bjorn would know better than me) is that they are planning a series of interlinked roads so they can put together different configurations for different styles of roads as well. That way you could set up some technical stuff, or faster flowing stages, or jumps, or hair pins. It would be hard to set up most kinds of roads as well as features with less mileage...

Also I think only 2.5-3 miles are fully ready and functional at this point but more are in the works and were in the plans, I may be mistaken, it isn't something that has been talked about in public at great length.

L5->R5/CR
9th December 2006, 01:45
Whos teaching in the school?

It is Tim O'Neil's school.

They have worked on driver training there as well as having testing and practice days there in the past. Not sure how much they have been there recently.

Tom206wrc
9th December 2006, 09:31
i am not 100% sure about that! manfreds whale had active diffs this year! due to his sensationell results i think he must use passive diffs next year, and i think this makes quiet a big difference, the xsaras of sordo and pons where all the time (sordos since finnland) passive, so i dont think the 307 is exactly as good as the xsara when they are at equal settings...

regards

wrc1

Gigi Galli in Finland, and Alex Bengué in Spain/Corsica had passive differential on their BSA whales...it didn't seem more off the pace than the Xsaras :rolleyes:

edacurf
9th December 2006, 11:44
An Austrian newspaper writes, Andy Aigner drives in the PWRC 2007 with a Mitusbishi EVO IX (with RedBull) and the rest of the season in a wrc-car. Which wrc-car that be, i don´t know!

1LM1
9th December 2006, 12:17
An Austrian newspaper writes, Andy Aigner drives in the PWRC 2007 with a Mitusbishi EVO IX (with RedBull) and the rest of the season in a wrc-car. Which wrc-car that be, i don´t know!

Thanks for the news. I hope there will be a M2 WRC Red Bull team anyway.

alleskids
9th December 2006, 12:35
Red Bull will most likely not (want to) be the third MT2 Ford team. Kronos would be the perfect sollution. A competitive car, and the possibility of the C4 WRC (if the 2006 homologation will come) and Kronos showed that they are capeble of running close to works teams in 2005. 2006 is not a realistic show of their capacities.

MikeD
9th December 2006, 12:37

I can't wait either. But Red Bull won't be with any Ford M2 team. Both Ford M2 teams are booked with drivers and sponsors and the Aimont Racing Subaru M2 deal looks very unlikely. There have been no rumours from them in something like 3 months or so.

I think that Red Bull will only place Aigner in a Peugeot 307 (Bozian Racing) or in the Xsara with Kronos.

PS: I don't buy the story that Red Bull are to place Aigner in PWRC in a Mitsu Evo. Red Bull wants to be with a WRC team to get the full TV exposure, but maybe they are only willing to pay for the 10-11 european rounds.

MikeD
9th December 2006, 12:41
Yes you are right. It's great to see new sponsors entering WRC by the way. But I still wonder if there will be another Ford M2 team next year though.

Just to make sure....you do know there are a total of 3 Ford team next year, right?

Ford M1 - BP Ford
M.Grönholm
M.Hirvonen

Ford M2 - Stobart Expert Ford
M.Wilson
H.Solberg

Ford M2 - Munchi's Ford WRT
J. Perez Companc (10 rounds) + T.Gardemeister (1 round so far)
J.Raies (10 rounds) + J.Latvala (1 round so far)

Simmi
9th December 2006, 13:43
There comes a point when M-Sport has to stop taking drives for next season because they wouldnt want to over-stretch themselves. Im sure they are building cars furiously as we speak.

Roy
9th December 2006, 14:36
http://motoreslaplata.blog.com/WRC/

Translation:

Argentine equipment in the WRC
The brothers Perez Companc will in the heat of have their own equipment in World-wide.

Luis and Jorge Perez Companc, children of the multimillionaire Argentine industralist Goyo Perez Companc, announced in a press conference made in the central seat of the Automobile Argentine Club the creation of their own escudería to compete in the 16 dates of the World-wide Championship of Rally. Munchi' s Ford World Rally Team will put in two track Ford Focus WRC that will be attended by the official equipment Ford and will be new recruit to add points in the match of Constructors.

The pilots of the units will be Luis Perez Companc, who will be sailed by Jose Maria Volta; and the Cordovan Juan Pablo Raies, who will have like navigator to Jorge Perez Companc. Both crews will participate in ten events of the match, whereas in the remaining dates the units are rented to pilots of first level who also will add points for team Argentine.

“This year I ran eight races by World-wide in the equipment the satellite of Ford. The experience was very good and we liked much the operation and the treatment that the equipment gave us. They made me feel an official pilot. The idea the year next era to return to dispute eight competitions, but to do something with my brother Jorge. I commented the people of the equipment and was there when they proposed to us to found our own escudería”, explained Luis Perez Companc.
“After shuffling different alternatives, we reached an agreement makes a pair of weeks. We signed a contract for the 2007, with option for the 2008, where we will be a semi-official equipment of Ford. The challenge is enormous, but we will try to represent the Argentina of the best possible way”, added the pilot.

The first presentation of the team of the Perez Companc will be in the Rally de Montecarlo, the first date of the contest 2007 that will be made from the 19 to the 21 of January. There the designated pilots will be the Finns Toni Gardemeister and Jari-Matti Latvala, who also will compete in Norway (third date).

The Argentine pilots, in as much, will make debut in the second date, that will be disputed in Sweden from the 9 to the 11 of February. The program of competitions of Perez Companc and Raies will be completed with rally of Mexico (9 to the 11 of March), Portugal (30 of March to the 1 of April), Argentina (4 to the 6 of May), Italy (18 to the 20 of May), Greece (1 to the 3 of June), New Zealand (31 of August to the 2 of September), Spain (5 to 7 October), Japan (26 to the 28 of October) and Great Britain (30 of November to the 2 of December). (Note: INFORACE)

1LM1
9th December 2006, 14:50
Just to make sure....you do know there are a total of 3 Ford team next year, right?

Ford M1 - BP Ford
M.Grönholm
M.Hirvonen

Ford M2 - Stobart Expert Ford
M.Wilson
H.Solberg

Ford M2 - Munchi's Ford WRT
J. Perez Companc (10 rounds) + T.Gardemeister (1 round so far)
J.Raies (10 rounds) + J.Latvala (1 round so far)

Thanks for the explanation. That's more or less what I expected but I didn't know if there was a possibility of a 3rd M2 Ford team. I think not but...

Anyway it's already fantastic to have one M1 and two M2 Ford teams.

Brother John
9th December 2006, 14:58
PS: I don't buy the story that Red Bull are to place Aigner in PWRC in a Mitsu Evo. Red Bull wants to be with a WRC team to get the full TV exposure, but maybe they are only willing to pay for the 10-11 european rounds.

It also can be that RED BULL disappears from WRC!
According to me they have more interest in IRC because EUROSPORT is the organisation of this championship!
There they know that them have full TV exposure!

White Sauron
9th December 2006, 20:18
Latvala deserves at least 10 rounds next year,,, Companc and Wilson - go away!!!

rhinoceros
9th December 2006, 23:19
No Red Bull and Ford co-operation. Red Bull is not interested to sponsor the 7th driver at Ford. And despite they have bad experiences from when Baumschlager tried to do co-operation with Ford. The car was built careless and reserve parts were unworthy and old! You can cheat only once!

eloyf1
9th December 2006, 23:26
Duval and Kopecky will drive First Motorsports' Fabias in 2007... I think, but I'm not sure, Red bull will pay for Aigner a Kronos seat... And Pons could continue here too...

animrallye
10th December 2006, 07:51
Latvala deserves at least 10 rounds next year,,, Companc and Wilson - go away!!!
Munchi's Ford WRT IS Companc !

Tom206wrc
10th December 2006, 10:11
Munchi's Ford WRT IS Companc !

And Wilson Jr IS Stobbart !!! :p :

Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_
10th December 2006, 11:09
lol

i have quite a random question..

does anyone know how ari vatinen can be an MEP AND compete in the raid and dakar ?!?!!!!!!!!!!?

Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_
10th December 2006, 11:24
on the quotes the 3 gear whale situation was the funniest thing i have ever seen on a wrc program.

on whos gonna be here in 07 - 2 whale teams will be cool BUT they will be 2 years old by then...

and Gali in a mitsu is bound to happen for at least some of the rounds next year

anyone know what hes being doing for most of this year with his absense?

MikeD
10th December 2006, 13:33
It also can be that RED BULL disappears from WRC!
According to me they have more interest in IRC because EUROSPORT is the organisation of this championship!
There they know that them have full TV exposure!

I disagree,

First of all Eurosport has a bigger WRC coverage than their IRC Coverage. And Red Bull have confirmed they will sponsor Aigner and that they will look for a WRC seat. And since two great options are available (Kronos & Bozian) there is no doubt Aigner will get a seat in one of those two teams.

PLuto
10th December 2006, 13:54
I disagree,

First of all Eurosport has a bigger WRC coverage than their IRC Coverage. And Red Bull have confirmed they will sponsor Aigner and that they will look for a WRC seat. And since two great options are available (Kronos & Bozian) there is no doubt Aigner will get a seat in one of those two teams.

You are wrong. IRC will have next year much bigger TV coverage in Eurosport than WRC.

And dont remember, that Red Bull can make another Ford M2 team

MikeD
10th December 2006, 16:46
You are wrong. IRC will have next year much bigger TV coverage in Eurosport than WRC.

Sorry but I think you are wrong.

WRC be still be broadcastet on Eurosport with 5 slots per event whereas IRC will be broadcastet on Eurosport 2. Eurosport 2 has a much smaller penetration than the normal Eurosport (1), due to E2 not being part of the standard kabel package.

Lousada
10th December 2006, 16:59
Sorry but I think you are wrong.

WRC be still be broadcastet on Eurosport with 5 slots per event whereas IRC will be broadcastet on Eurosport 2. Eurosport 2 has a much smaller penetration than the normal Eurosport (1), due to E2 not being part of the standard kabel package.

How do you know that they will mainly broadcast it on Eurosport 2?

This is taken from the official press release dating 6 december:

The Eurosport Group will have extensive worldwide live programming through Eurosport's network reaching over 108 millions homes across 54 countries, as well as Eurosport 2, Eurosport "Asia-Pacific" and Eurosportnews. The series will also get in-depth coverage on the Eurosport's websites (http://www.eurosport.com).
In total, the Eurosport Group will cover more than 70 hours of the IRC, which equals to 8 hours on average for each event.
In addition, national broadcasters will also provide coverage of their domestic events.
This will ensure that IRC receives significant exposure in key markets throughout the world.
Eurosport is also the licensing agent for the worldwide media rights (including TV rights).

How much coverage does the WRC get per round? Is it already certain Eurosport will broadcast the wrc the same amount as this year, seeing there were problems last year?

StevoEvo
10th December 2006, 19:15
I can't see the IRC ever being as popular as the WRC.
The average viewer can relate to the big names in the WRC, and would'nt know many, if not none of the drivers in the IRC. Similar to A1GP to F1GP I suppose!
That saying, the IRC does look good, and will be very competitive, unlike to current WRC, and I for one will be following it. But I would still favour WRC as it has the top cars and the top drivers in the world at present...

DonJippo
10th December 2006, 19:17
That saying, the IRC does look good, and will be very competitive, unlike to current WRC,

Competitive? Who are driving in IRC?

StevoEvo
10th December 2006, 19:39
Competitive? Who are driving in IRC?

not sure who's competing DonJippo, if you find out let me know. But I understand it's mostly young up and coming drivers, who are nearly always competitive, and some veterans of rallying may enter apparently..Some info here....
http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=5812

1LM1
11th December 2006, 13:21
Regarding Red Bull, I am thinking about something.
I heard that Citroën Sport will reveal the C4 WRC livery on next saturday during the Race of Champions at mid show.

I heard that Red Bull will reveal their plan very soon too.

Could we see a Red Bull livery on the C4 (and in that case, no Red Bull M2 team)?

cyd
11th December 2006, 14:02
Gigi and Markko were very interested spectators at San Remo a couple months ago. Eurosport only had 15 minute coverage at that point, but it was really interesting and fun to watch.

Daniel
11th December 2006, 14:07
Very interesting. Watching people spectate. Must have made for good viewing....

Tom206wrc
11th December 2006, 18:34
Someone on the Duval forum who seems to be cloth to François manager, announces that Dudu won't drive a Skoda anymore but that he will drive either a japanese car(no name given) or a Xsara from a top privateer team... ;)

GunsofNavarone
11th December 2006, 21:48
Someone on the Duval forum who seems to be cloth to François manager, announces that Dudu won't drive a Skoda anymore but that he will drive either a japanese car(no name given) or a Xsara from a top privateer team... ;)

Someone should put Gardemeister and Duval on a team together... that'd be fun.

Tom206wrc
13th December 2006, 09:27
I found article in Racingworld(italian site)talking about rumour that Manfred Stohl could go to Mitsubishi next year... :mark:

I really hope he will stay with Bozian !! :(

1LM1
13th December 2006, 13:48
I found article in Racingworld(italian site)talking about rumour that Manfred Stohl could go to Mitsubishi next year... :mark:

I really hope he will stay with Bozian !! :(

Lots of rumours!
So wait and see.

Otherwise, any news about Red Bull plans?

Tom206wrc
13th December 2006, 15:25
There's an article on austrian site http://www.motorline.cc/rallye/ saying that Aigner could go in PWRC(with a Lancer GrN with Redbull colors)if they don't succeed in finding a decent WRC car...nothing more yet :mark:

alleskids
13th December 2006, 16:08
My predictions are:
1 Loeb Total Citroen C4 '07 16x
2 Sordo Total Citroen C4 '07 16x
3 Gronholm Castrol Ford Focus '07 16x
4 Horvonen BP Ford Focus '07 16x
5 Solberg SWRT Impreza '07 16x
6 Atkinson SWRT Impreza '07 16x
7 Stohl OMV Peugeot 307 '05 ?
8 ? ? Peugeot 307 '05
9 Solberg Expert Focus '06 16x
10 Wilson Stobart Focus '06 16x
11 Companc Munchi's Focus '06 10x
Katajamaki Jalos Focus '06 5 ?
12 Raies Munchi's Focus '06 10x
14 Martin ? Lancer '06 12?
15 Gardemesiter ? Lancer '06 12?
16 Aigner Red Bull ? ?
17 ?
18 Latvalla Munchi's Focus '06 12?

bowler
13th December 2006, 19:19
lol

i have quite a random question..

does anyone know how ari vatinen can be an MEP AND compete in the raid and dakar ?!?!!!!!!!!!!?

airplane

White Sauron
13th December 2006, 20:52
There's an article on austrian site http://www.motorline.cc/rallye/ saying that Aigner could go in PWRC(with a Lancer GrN with Redbull colors)if they don't succeed in finding a decent WRC car...nothing more yet :mark:

I think the problem isn't in a decent car, but in a decent team to run this car...

T60
13th December 2006, 21:44
Meeke looks set to drive a Xsara sponsored by Red Bull and run by Kronos.
It was reported that, in a test on a 21 mile Stage in Finland this summer, he was only 0.3 seconds slower than Loeb in a Xsara.
Source: Motorsport News.
Hope he gets his chance, he will fly. He might just ignite that fire that seemed to burn out when Mcrae left.

HaCo
13th December 2006, 22:21
It was reported that, in a test on a 21 mile Stage in Finland this summer, he was only 0.3 seconds slower than Loeb in a Xsara.
Source: Motorsport News.
Hope he gets his chance, he will fly. He might just ignite that fire that seemed to burn out when Mcrae left.

That would be so great!!

DonJippo
13th December 2006, 22:27

There has not been that long test stages used last summer in Finland.

T60
13th December 2006, 22:31
There has not been that long test stages used last summer in Finland.

Thats what I read. Maybe they got it wrong.

Tomi
13th December 2006, 22:34
Thats what I read. Maybe they got it wrong.

Maybe the distance was 210 meter?

miksu
14th December 2006, 00:52
Garde 12 rounds with Mitsu, it was in the news today in Finland!!

Tomi
14th December 2006, 01:22
Garde 12 rounds with Mitsu, it was in the news today in Finland!!

Sounds good, was there anything about who will drive the other one?

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 01:25
Sounds good, was there anything about who will drive the other one?

There is a rumor going around that it will be a Middle Eastern Rally Championship contender.

Tomi
14th December 2006, 01:29
There is a rumor going around that it will be a Middle Eastern Rally Championship contender.
yes, i know, but there is so many rumours nowdays.

noel157
14th December 2006, 01:32
It was reported that, in a test on a......................

Is this a guess T60 or did MN actually say that he'll get a drive?

Cheers

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 01:43
yes, i know, but there is so many rumours nowdays.

Let me rephrase that. There is a strong rumor going around.

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 04:35
ah any news about GiGi? On his website, *updated* he's got the whole 2007 calendar on the left. Maybe he got a drive?

FrankenSchwinn
14th December 2006, 04:41
He might just ignite that fire that seemed to burn out when Mcrae left.

that's a bold satment right there son. really, is it mcrae's departure or the way rallies have become?

how much development are we going to see with this mitsu team? and how much will garde be developing?

L5->R5/CR
14th December 2006, 05:50
that's a bold satment right there son. really, is it mcrae's departure or the way rallies have become?

I figured it was a joke about how McRae burned a Xsara completely to the ground in the middle of a stage in 2003...

pflugi
14th December 2006, 06:55
A few quick questions, which I guess will be resolved in less than 2 days:

1) What ever happened to the supposed Subaru M2 team(s)? At first there might be 2 of them, but now the rumors are gone.
2) Any word on another Peugeot M2 team or did that rumor fizzle out as well?
3) Any word if Aigner might be running a Red Bull Xsara by himself, or if there's a team of 2?
4) Duval and Kopecky as a Skoda team sounds like it's not going to happen, right? (At least I haven't read anything more.)
5) No ride for Rovenpera, no decisions for Galli, Carlsson is only doing a few events again, and no teammate for Stohl?

At least this year is more exciting!

pflugi
14th December 2006, 06:56
or maybe Meeke and Aigner in Redbull Xsaras? That would be a team to root for!

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 09:46
And what about Duval ??? :confused:

Gard
14th December 2006, 12:41
http://www1.nrk.no/nyhetsspiller/type/pipe/verdi/36/tab/sport

Regarding Hennings orange Focus and with MW on the podium I see

Brother John
14th December 2006, 12:47

I see only a small photo from a Ford Focus in orange! :(

Simmi
14th December 2006, 12:48

Aaaarrgghh I can see the Orange Focus but I cant click on it!

Cover over the car on Hennings webpage:
http://www.teamexpert.no/default.aspx?m=2

1LM1
14th December 2006, 12:48

Thanks! Interesting news with full presentation video! Good initiative for us fans :up:

Gard
14th December 2006, 12:52
I see only a small photo from a Ford Focus in orange! :(

should contain a live video feed too. Maybe they are blocked for outside of Norway.

Simmi
14th December 2006, 12:54
I've got it working now. Click on another news story so the media player comes up, and then back onto Henning.

1LM1
14th December 2006, 12:56
The video is working with the latest version of windows media player.

Brother John
14th December 2006, 12:56
should contain a live video feed too. Maybe they are blocked for outside of Norway.
Yes I found out that! Anyway thanks for the news Gard. :up: ;)

"
Ingen tilgang
Betalt innhold i Plusspakken er dessverre ikke tilgjengelig for våre utenlandsbrukere.

Vær oppmerksom på at enkelte utenlandske konsern i Norge er registrert utenfor landets grenser, og at ansatte i disse firmaene ikke vil ha tilgang til Plusspakken selv om de fysisk befinner seg i Norge."

Simmi
14th December 2006, 12:58
If anyone says anything key could you let me know I dont currently have a soundcard lol! I just want to see the damn car not them talking!

1LM1
14th December 2006, 13:04
Something interesting?
Malcom said that they are working hard on the car (He spoke about the latest tests in France) to improve the car on asphalt with slippery conditions and they are confident that they will be stronger than 12 months ago in Monte Carlo rally.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 13:08
Henning said that he has not tested the car, but will do so next week - and he really look forward to it. He also said that he had offers that would provided him better personal economy, but that he prefer to be broke in the best car, than rich in a poor car!

1LM1
14th December 2006, 13:09
Another interesting things:
- The guy from Expert said it will snow orange in next rally Norway (I think they hope to win the rally). ;)
- when they spoke about how Henning's driving style will fit with the Focus, Henning put the scale model car upside down on the table. :D

Simmi
14th December 2006, 13:11
Cheers guys I wondered why he put it upside down. Seems like they are all happy a lot of laughing and smiling.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 13:13
It is also confirmed that they will have 2 full seasons as a M2 team.

miksu
14th December 2006, 13:13
Sounds like swedish, but it isnt :P i dont understand anything :S

Halvis
14th December 2006, 13:19
They are now about to uncover the car.

miksu
14th December 2006, 13:21
Its orange.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 13:21
Lots of smiles to see, They are obviously very, very happy!

Simmi
14th December 2006, 13:22
It's a beauty as expected. Exact same livery carried over onto a much nicer car!

Halvis
14th December 2006, 13:25
Pity there were so crowded, couldn't get a real view of the car. Pictures will no doubt be posted soon, though!

WRC1
14th December 2006, 13:27
yes its beautifuil!!

congratulations henning and cato for that deal!!

all the best for the next two years in this top car!

and thank you expert for this excellent livery ;o))

regards

wrc1

Brother John
14th December 2006, 13:33
Henning said that he has not tested the car, but will do so next week - and he really look forward to it. He also said that he had offers that would provided him better personal economy, but that he prefer to be broke in the best car, than rich in a poor car!

Probable he talk here about Petter and Subaru! :D :laugh:

Gard
14th December 2006, 13:36
Probable he talk here about Petter and Subaru! :D :laugh:

No, it was about that he/they has been critized for turning down a fully paid factory drive. As number 1 driver was also pointed out.

miksu
14th December 2006, 13:38
No, it was about that he/they has been critized for turning down a fully paid factory drive. As number 1 driver was also pointed out.

Suzuki?

1LM1
14th December 2006, 13:41
Suzuki?

Could be yes because in other factory teams, I can't imagine Henning being proposed a 2007 number one driver status.

Gard
14th December 2006, 13:45
Suzuki?
Probably or maybe Mitsu, but they will not have a factory drive until 2008.

Simmi
14th December 2006, 13:47
He's done the right thing to get the best results no question. I'm sure if he does well the money will come in for him.

Gard
14th December 2006, 13:52
This really shows the level on knowledge by the media :rolleyes: They actually think that a rally car is just a rally car. Or do they (journalists) really make all their decisions on the basis of what’s best for their wallets.

1LM1
14th December 2006, 14:15
This really shows the level on knowledge by the media :rolleyes: They actually think that a rally car is just a rally car. Or do they (journalists) really make all their decisions on the basis of what’s best for their wallets.

Very little amount of journalists all over the world are WRC specialists. I am always surprised how many mistakes we find in the different articles all over the web.

Simmi
14th December 2006, 14:45
A few blurry pictures on Hennings website now. Must of been bad lighting and too many flashes to capture the car properly. Still going to look amazing on the Monte though!

Daniel
14th December 2006, 14:56
What's this in reference to? :confused:

MikeD
14th December 2006, 15:01
http://www.teamexpert.no/default.aspx?m=2

here is a picture of Hennings new orange Ford Fucus

Daniel
14th December 2006, 15:04
Seems more like a picture taken with a camera phone tbh.

RS
14th December 2006, 15:38
It is also confirmed that they will have 2 full seasons as a M2 team.

As Expert/Stobart Ford? I was expecting Stobart to say something today as well..

edacurf
14th December 2006, 15:39
Unterdessen keimen neue Gerüchte um Manfred Stohl auf, der ebenfalls mit Mitsubishi in Verbindung gebracht wurde. Der Österreicher könnte im nächsten Jahr die Saison in der Intercontinental Rally Challenge mit einem Peugeot 207 S2000 bestreiten. Näheres soll jedoch erst Ende dieser Woche bekannt gegeben werden.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 15:46
Seems more like a picture taken with a camera phone tbh.

agreed.

Simmi
14th December 2006, 15:48
They would of been better doing the publicity shots at M-Sport then at least they could have a real car and not a mock up and also decent quality pics.

Gard
14th December 2006, 15:59
What's this in reference to? :confused:

That they did the Ford deal instead of the payed factory drive. Journalists had troble understanding how he could choose Ford, when he could get payed(a lot) to drive for another team.

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:01
Who was going to pay him? No one was going to pay him........... perhaps it's not the media who are the ones who don't know anything......

Gard
14th December 2006, 16:10
Who was going to pay him? No one was going to pay him........... perhaps it's not the media who are the ones who don't know anything......

Jesus! Daniel it's not a question about if, we know that they did turn down a factory drive or at least a very well payed one. This has been confirmed, also today. You should have got that by now.

Edit: The Subaru deal is a typo. Then we are back to the guesses, Suzuki or Mitsu

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:17
Subaru already have Petter and Paytkinson. Why do they need another driver to add to the mix of a crap car?

Lets get this straight. Atkinson isn't going to get all that money from Subaru Australia and other sponsors just to be third driver in Subaru. Subaru don't have enough money to pay for Petter to do a proper amount of tests let alone pay Henning 5 pence for him to drive for them for a whole year.

Henning has been turning down "drives" from every team that has ever made cars. he has been linked to Aston Martin, Jaguar, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Caterham, DeTomaso, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Kia, Daewoo, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Mazda, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Peugeot, Renault, Holden, Vauxhall, Opel, Saab, Volvo and so many more other teams if you believe what he's been saying in an effort to raise his driver stocks. Heck I've probably only listed a third of the manufacturers Henning has been rumoured to be driving for next season :)

StevoEvo
14th December 2006, 16:19

Apparently Henning turned down a payed drive with a works team, to drive for Stobart.
Only possibilities are, obviously Suzuki, in which case Henning would have had a full year of development before doing a 2008, 16 rounder.
Or maybe he could have been offered a drive with Mitsubishi, similar situation as to above probably, but with alot more rounds in 2007.
Obviously Henning wanted to just get on with it, with a full program in 2007 in a very good car...

Victorious
14th December 2006, 16:21
http://www.norsk-rally.com/storage/imagearchive/67778c69-7502-4dda-8dff-7da7f39e849f.jpg

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 16:21
Apparently Henning turned down a payed drive with a works team, to drive for Stobart.
Only possibilities are, obviously Suzuki, in which case Henning would have had a full year of development before doing a 2008, 16 rounder.
Or maybe he could have been offered a drive with Mitsubishi, similar situation as to above probably, but with alot more rounds in 2007.
Obviously Henning wanted to just get on with it, with a full program in 2007 in a very good car...

He is looking at best gain for his immediate future in the sport.

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:30
If Suzuki wanted to hire Henning to develop their car they have no hope at all...........

Gard
14th December 2006, 16:34
In an explanation to VG (norwegian newspaper) Henning has more detailed info. The drive it self was unpayed, but it was left space for additional/personal sponsors that would have given him app. $1.000.000.

Unbelieveable, after signing up to get the best car in the world. The main thing they write about is what drives he didn't sign.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 16:38

It's reported in norwegian media that he was offered a manu seat for Mitsu. No pay, but then he could have had personal sponsors. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:39
So not really a paid drive like the ones that Petter, Sebastien and Marcus have right?

AndyRAC
14th December 2006, 16:40
Very little amount of journalists all over the world are WRC specialists. I am always surprised how many mistakes we find in the different articles all over the web.

Exactly, how many times have I seen, 'Swedish driver' Gronholm, or Mikka/ Miko Hirvonen, Peter Solberg. Or calling events by the wrong name, e.g Rally of Germany, Greece Rally. They can't even get the correct car with driver, it is frustrating to see, its simply lazy journalism. Some of these might be petty but I can't imagine it happening in F1, can you?

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:46
Well you get these sort of mistakes everywhere. You have to understand that the WRC is not as popular as Football or F1 so people (journalists included) don't necessarily know all the names of the drivers off by heart. Plus half the members on this forum use the term "racing" when they talk about rallying which is just wrong.....

Gard
14th December 2006, 17:03
It's reported in norwegian media that he was offered a manu seat for Mitsu. No pay, but then he could have had personal sponsors. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

yeah. JC (manager) confirms it was Mitsu.

I also got the list of team/cars Dani :D

First out was Ford, the deal we see today.
Peugeot (Bozian) the deal was for all rounds, price app. 2.500.000€
Mitsu, as #1 driver, price zero. They sure know about Hennings development skills. He has built a lot of cars with them.
Subaru (Prodrive) An M2 team built around Henning. price app. 2.5-3M€
Citroen (Kronos) price 2.2-2.5M€

Daniel
14th December 2006, 17:05

Mitsu, as #1 driver, price zero. They sure know about Hennings development skills. He has built a lot of cars with them.
I take what I've said back. From what you say this Henning seems like some driver. How many WRC events and championships has this guy won? :laugh:

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 17:06
Well you get these sort of mistakes everywhere. You have to understand that the WRC is not as popular as Football or F1 so people (journalists included) don't necessarily know all the names of the drivers off by heart. Plus half the members on this forum use the term "racing" when they talk about rallying which is just wrong.....

So it's not called Rally Racing? j/k...

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 17:23
I see Henning doing very well in the double 0 7 season in the Focus! Out doing Petter most of the time!

MikeD
14th December 2006, 17:38

Those prices are interesting. The price for the Kronos seat matches the price Kris Meeke said it would cost for him to get a seat.

Tomi
14th December 2006, 17:42

So you actually belive that he said no to the only chance he ever will get to drive a works car??? You guys are funny :)

Halvard
14th December 2006, 17:47
I take what I've said back. From what you say this Henning seems like some driver. How many WRC events and championships has this guy won? :laugh:

We could ofcourse start an discussion about what is a paid drive and what is not. But you seems like an angry little man Daniel, so I don`t see the point.

For us norwegian rally "fans", this is a very good day. A nice car and som happy rallydrivers.

Looking forward to see the new team in action

Daniel
14th December 2006, 17:51
I don't disagree that he's a good driver, that it's a good car or that it's good for the WRC. I simply don't think Henning is capable at least at this point of having a manufacturer knock on his door and offer him cash to drive their car. He's a decent driver no doubt but in this day where there are only a few paid seats around he's not going to get paid in the true sense by a manufacturer to drive their car. I'm not angry either. Henning hasn't done anything to me and his having a drive doesn't mean that I don't get a drive so it's not making me angry at all :)

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 17:54
Unterdessen keimen neue Gerüchte um Manfred Stohl auf, der ebenfalls mit Mitsubishi in Verbindung gebracht wurde. Der Österreicher könnte im nächsten Jahr die Saison in der Intercontinental Rally Challenge mit einem Peugeot 207 S2000 bestreiten. Näheres soll jedoch erst Ende dieser Woche bekannt gegeben werden.

But I thought Mitsu has already their drivers for 2007 !! :confused:

I brought here the rumour about Manfred in IRC well before Rallye-Magazin :p :

Halvard
14th December 2006, 17:55
So you actually belive that he said no to the only chance he ever will get to drive a works car??? You guys are funny :)

I guess the deal was something like what Toni Gardemeister has got. Not a works car like Subaru, Ford M1 or Citroen.

But, if not. I can`t see that his choice is so bad.

H. Solberg has collected about 6 mill Euro for the next two years. He gets, in 2007, paid about 60-70 000 Euro. Money from Sponsors.
He could have choosen the Mitsu, with no sponsors and a free drive. Then al the sponsor money would have been salary (or whatever its called) This could give him up to 400.000 Euro.

His main goal is to get som good results. What would you have choosen. The Ford or the Mitsu???

star
14th December 2006, 17:56

Your reliable source wasn't so reliable was it? Tony and Markko don't really look like each other do they? :D

Brother John
14th December 2006, 17:57
I guess the deal was something like what Toni Gardemeister has got. Not a works car like Subaru, Ford M1 or Citroen.

H. Solberg has collected about 6 mill Euro for the next two years. He gets, in 2007, paid about 60-70 000 Euro. Money from Sponsors.
He could have choosen the Mitsu, with no sponsors and a free drive. Then al the sponsor money would have been salary (or whatever its called) This could give him up to 400.000 Euro.

His main goal is to get som good results. What would you have choosen. The Ford or the Mitsu???

Ford of course!! :D :s mokin: ;)

DonJippo
14th December 2006, 18:01

So he was not offered a works drive from Mitsu after all...

Tomi
14th December 2006, 18:07

I would have choosen some of the 4-6 better driver than Henning on same terms.

Halvard
14th December 2006, 18:08
So he was not offered a works drive from Mitsu after all...

I don`t know whats been said earlier about this or by whom. Or what the sources are. This is what we could read today.

I think the only thing H. Solberg has said is that he was offered a seat where i could get paid... and I guess what he meant was money from sponsors.

I guess his brother has his main income from sponsors.

Halvard
14th December 2006, 18:11
I would have choosen some of the 4-6 better driver than Henning on same terms.

That was not my question

Tomi
14th December 2006, 18:12
That was not my question
maybe not, but some self critic when read stories from magazines dont hurt.

StevoEvo
14th December 2006, 18:16
At the end of the day Henning picked the best car with M-Sport backing and a contract for a full season.
Nobody knows how the Suzuki or the Mitsubishi will fare in 2007, so it would have been a big gamble to sign with them..
The 06 Focus is tried and tested and fast which makes it is a front running car, which could hopefully bring his 1st WRC win.... :D
Well done Henning....... You deserve a top drive

Halvard
14th December 2006, 18:16
I agree. I don`t belive everything in the newspaper.

This came from his manager. So either he is a liar or he is qouted wrong. I have no other sources for information about this, so ofcourse it could be wrong.

But, are you saying that you don`t belive it, or just that it was a bad choice?

Tomi
14th December 2006, 18:55
I agree. I don`t belive everything in the newspaper.

This came from his manager. So either he is a liar or he is qouted wrong. I have no other sources for information about this, so ofcourse it could be wrong.

But, are you saying that you don`t belive it, or just that it was a bad choice?

Both, in todays WRC it would be stupid to turn down such possibility, also i dont belive he ever had anything to turn down.

T60
14th December 2006, 19:47

how much development are we going to see with this mitsu team? and how much will garde be developing?

Please don't call me son.

Mcrae drove in rallies not much shorter than we have at present.
I just think that Meeke has a similar (Balls out) driving style and a similar personality to Mcrae. Put them both together and it should provide a bit of excitement.