PDA

View Full Version : Wrc 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 19:17
Please don't call me son.

Mcrae drove in rallies not much shorter than we have at present.
I just think that Meeke has a similar (Balls out) driving style and a similar personality to Mcrae. Put them both together and it should provide a bit of excitement.

Excitement is something this sport can never get enough of, if you catch my meaning. (I won't call you son).

A.F.F.
14th December 2006, 19:26
I'm very glad Henning got this opportunity. Basicly he has a winning car so psossible lack of results won't be due it. Secondly, Henning is a fine example of what you can reach if you won't give up. I just hope we had that oil money here in Finland ;)

Let's see how that Orange Focus delivers next year :up:

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 19:41
I'm very glad Henning got this opportunity. Basicly he has a winning car so psossible lack of results won't be due it. Secondly, Henning is a fine example of what you can reach if you won't give up. I just hope we had that oil money here in Finland ;)

Let's see how that Orange Focus delivers next year :up:

Marcus and Mikko were very careful with it (most of the time), but I think someone like Henning would be able to post some of the fastest times that car has ever seen. Now that the team has a complete understanding of just how good that car can be, I expect good things from it all year long.

I just hope his budget (oil money) will be enough to cover the inevitable plethora of bumpers he'll lose in the process of claiming his first rally victory.

alleskids
14th December 2006, 20:06
I just hope his budget (oil money) will be enough to cover the inevitable plethora of bumpers he'll lose in the process of claiming his first rally victory.[/QUOTE]

Does Expert sell oil instead of tv's, stereo,s washing machine's :p

DonJippo
14th December 2006, 20:18
Marcus and Mikko were very careful with it (most of the time), but I think someone like Henning would be able to post some of the fastest times that car has ever seen.

Will not.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 20:44
Will not.

haha... I just think Henning is a little more gutsy and has more to prove.

DonJippo
14th December 2006, 20:44
Harri in talks with Suzuki?

http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/accueil/news2.shtml

alleskids
14th December 2006, 21:03
First Motorsport had planned a MT2 Skoda team, but they abondonned the planns. Skoda is concentrating on S2000 and only gives special support to to Jan Kopecky, who wil indeed be the only Fabia WRC. First Motorsport is looking for an other car/manufacturer who will support their MT2 assault.

ste898
14th December 2006, 21:25
This is fantastic news and it is good that Henning chose the best car and not the old mitsu.....roll on 2007!!!

Halvis
14th December 2006, 21:31
Exactly, how many times have I seen, 'Swedish driver' Gronholm, or Mikka/ Miko Hirvonen, Peter Solberg. Or calling events by the wrong name, e.g Rally of Germany, Greece Rally. They can't even get the correct car with driver, it is frustrating to see, its simply lazy journalism. Some of these might be petty but I can't imagine it happening in F1, can you?

You mean Petter, of course? :laugh:

Maui J.
14th December 2006, 21:31
With this new car Henning has a good possibilty of podiums often. Do you think Malcolm Wilson will place 'race orders' on him in he is just in front of Mikko for instance. The M1 Ford team wants to defend their manufacturers championship and Henning could take valuable points away from them.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 21:40
I think you all don't consider one of the main reasons why Henning chose Ford - beside that it will be much easier for him to do well in it than for instance the Mitsu, and that is his goal to get a paid drive for Ford when Marcus retires. I know of a couple of Finns that just laughs about this ambition of his, but still, this is his goal. The only way of proving that he can be a good choice for Ford when that happens is to drive for them - and be fast! He of course will have to be fast, both faster and more consistent than Mikko to achieve that, but I really can't see anyone blaming him for trying!

I don't think he will do so, but I am pretty confident that he will win stages, and be on the posium several times in the Focus.

I wish him best of luck, and welcome you Finns to Norway to see some proper winter rallying!

Tomi
14th December 2006, 21:53
I think you all don't consider one of the main reasons why Henning chose Ford - beside that it will be much easier for him to do well in it than for instance the Mitsu, and that is his goal to get a paid drive for Ford when Marcus retires. I know of a couple of Finns that just laughs about this ambition of his, but still, this is his goal. The only way of proving that he can be a good choice for Ford when that happens is to drive for them - and be fast! He of course will have to be fast, both faster and more consistent than Mikko to achieve that, but I really can't see anyone blaming him for trying!

I don't think he will do so, but I am pretty confident that he will win stages, and be on the posium several times in the Focus.

I wish him best of luck, and welcome you Finns to Norway to see some proper winter rallying!

Good luck, but if Stohl drives circles around him so does he have no chance against Mikko. :) How much snow is there in the place where the rally is suppose to be? I did hear from a guy who did drive there last year that the roads are very narrow and slow, is it true?

Maui J.
14th December 2006, 22:02
So if the deadline for M2 nominations is infact tomorrow (Friday 15th/Dec) then it seems as if we only have 3 teams confirmed.
Stobart/Expert Ford
Munchis Ford
Mitsu (Garde and UAE Team)

If Manfred is back with Bozian who will his team mate be?
And so far it doesn't seem if anyone has fronted up with the cash for Kronos... seems as if Pons has turned his back on the WRC and no word from Meeke either.
Hopefully there is some last minute sponsorship scrambling happening right now.

2007 looks as if there will be 3 M1 teams, 3 M2 teams and a few full time privateers... Galli and Stohl.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 22:10
So if the deadline for M2 nominations is infact tomorrow (Friday 15th/Dec) then it seems as if we only have 3 teams confirmed.
Stobart/Expert Ford
Munchis Ford
Mitsu (Garde and UAE Team)

If Manfred is back with Bozian who will his team mate be?
And so far it doesn't seem if anyone has fronted up with the cash for Kronos... seems as if Pons has turned his back on the WRC and no word from Meeke either.
Hopefully there is some last minute sponsorship scrambling happening right now.

2007 looks as if there will be 3 M1 teams, 3 M2 teams and a few full time privateers... Galli and Stohl.

There will be more announcements made tomorrow, I am sure.

Halvis
14th December 2006, 22:29
Good luck, but if Stohl drives circles around him so does he have no chance against Mikko. :) How much snow is there in the place where the rally is suppose to be? I did hear from a guy who did drive there last year that the roads are very narrow and slow, is it true?

Well, Stohl were faster than Henning in the beginning of season, mid-season Henning were fastest - and after Hennings crash, Stohl were clearly faster again, so i certainly wouldn't call it "driving circles". As I stated, I don't think he will be consistently faster than Mikko either - I leave it to him to try!

I vividly recall that it was were little Henning-bashing from DJ and COD mid-season...

I have no local knowledge of the stages, but they are reported to be narrow and twisty, at least the ones in the woods. Maybe the mountain stages are faster, there's probably some other norwegians that know.

I have no snowreports, but I'm pretty sure it will be snow in february.

A.F.F.
15th December 2006, 06:15
Marcus and Mikko were very careful with it (most of the time), but I think someone like Henning would be able to post some of the fastest times that car has ever seen.

That is a bit optimistic ;)
Not necessarily against Mikko but to Marcus, unfortunately it's a no frigging way.

WRC1
15th December 2006, 07:01
now that we have the confirmation about garde and mitsubishi, who knows who will drive the second munchis focus alongside j.m. latvala in monte carlo??

GigiGalliNo1
15th December 2006, 07:27
Is "EnPro" like FedEx on Hennings Focus? Or is that a betting company (EnPro)?

pucky54
15th December 2006, 08:01
http://www.enpro.no/

Halvard
15th December 2006, 08:14
Is "EnPro" like FedEx on Hennings Focus? Or is that a betting company (EnPro)?

Enpro is a company that has the solution to the CO2 problem of the world?!? Some finance experts in Norway is afraid the company could just end in a failure. Hope H. Solberg is safe.

Halvard
15th December 2006, 08:29
Both, in todays WRC it would be stupid to turn down such possibility, also i dont belive he ever had anything to turn down.

So, what you say is that Henning should choose Mitsu before Ford. And, then that he is not telling the truth about the offers.

That`s your oppinion.

I belive that there is more to this than only driving. Henning Solberg will never be a world champion. He is among the 4-8 best drivers. But WRC is buisness for the teams and the car companies.Offcourse its important to win the title, but thats not the only important thing.

Henning Solberg has an way of beeing that most people like. He could, like his brother, be worth a lot of money. Not only by driving fast, but by selling a product. Petter Solberg has not achived the last couple of years. He is still a hugh "brand" in Japan and other major contries.

So, can`t this explain why some other teams want him.

I belive H. Solberg is a much better "face" for a company than most of the other drivers. And, as long as you don`t win the title, maybe who you are, what kind of person is becoming important. And maybe thats way he gets sponsors eaiser than Gardemeister, Pons, Duval, etc, etc

WRC1
15th December 2006, 08:32
I belive H. Solberg is a much better "face" for a company than most of the other drivers. And, as long as you don`t win the title, maybe who you are, what kind of person is becoming important. And maybe thats way he gets sponsors eaiser than Gardemeister, Pons, Duval, etc, etc

well said!!

agree 100%

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 08:35
There will be more announcements made tomorrow, I am sure.

Let's hope so, because no announcement from Bozian yet makes me a little worried :mark:

Brother John
15th December 2006, 08:37
It´s good to read a post of someone with a brain. :)

So, what you say is that Henning should choose Mitsu before Ford. And, then that he is not telling the truth about the offers.

That`s your oppinion.

I belive that there is more to this than only driving. Henning Solberg will never be a world champion. He is among the 4-8 best drivers. But WRC is buisness for the teams and the car companies.Offcourse its important to win the title, but thats not the only important thing.

Henning Solberg has an way of beeing that most people like. He could, like his brother, be worth a lot of money. Not only by driving fast, but by selling a product. Petter Solberg has not achived the last couple of years. He is still a hugh "brand" in Japan and other major contries.

Tomi
15th December 2006, 08:44

That`s your oppinion.

offcourse thats the reason why norwegian companies wants to sponsor him, i guess rally is now on top in norway, also there is no other who has been driving inernational events.
But I dont think that his popularity in Norway would make a serious manufacturer like Mitsu to hire him because of that, Subaru maybe might, but they have i guess a different driver policy.

Woodeye
15th December 2006, 08:57

:laugh:

That's about it.

Daniel
15th December 2006, 09:15

That`s your oppinion.

Lets just say that a good deal of people outside of Norway don't care whether the driver of that Focus is Henning Solberg or Adolf Hitler.

He's not some Colin McRae like figure that will just sell cars or whatever products he wants just by hopping in a car and going sideways. To me Henning is a good driver but the most exciting thing for me is the funny things that seems to happen when he rolls the car. The co-driver having to kick the window out in Sweden and NZ and Henning getting out and being obviously cold after driving with no windscreen in Sweden. He's an OK driver but like Gigi he's not the great PR figure some seem to think he is. When Henning's gone from the WRC there will be someone else to fill his place.

JAM
15th December 2006, 09:28
I think that story about Mitsu drive is not correct. I think they wanted him with the 6000 million Euros. Gardemesiter with the experience and Solberg with the money. As Solberg refused they contracted the man from UAE. Isn't that way?

Halvard
15th December 2006, 09:38
Lets just say that a good deal of people outside of Norway don't care whether the driver of that Focus is Henning Solberg or Adolf Hitler.

If Adolf Hitler drove a focus in the WRC, i guess that would do something about the sport. I don`t know why, but something.

I don`t agree with you (as usual). I think episodes, like the one you mentioned, is actually worth some money.

Daniel
15th December 2006, 09:41
So you prefer Henning when he makes mistakes? That's rather sad that you appreciate drivers more for their mistakes rather than how well they can drive :laugh: Well I hope for Henning's sake he has a very good year and doesn't go off. Hopefully "fans" like you will find another driver to support.

Halvard
15th December 2006, 09:55
So you prefer Henning when he makes mistakes? That's rather sad that you appreciate drivers more for their mistakes rather than how well they can drive :laugh: Well I hope for Henning's sake he has a very good year and doesn't go off. Hopefully "fans" like you will find another driver to support.

I`m not quit sure you understood me. Or, I guess you won`t understand me.
I hope he becomes the number one. But i don`t think that.

The picture of the roll in Sweden, is one of the most shown single episodes in wrc during this year (except picutures og Loeb and Gronholm winning rallies) With pictures I mean video clip ofcourse.

The directors in Expert was actually quit happy withe the exposure they got during that rally.. This is, Daniel, the main reason why company put their name on any car. I wouldn`t buy my TV somewhere else instead of Expert, because H. Solberg rolled.

I actually consider buying a Skoda, even though it doesn`t preforme in WRC. I will never buy a Citroen.

Its all about exposure. And Loeb gets some extra because he is the best driver. But Im not quit sure he is more valuble for Citroen than P. Solberg for Subaru...if you see my ponit.

Christina
15th December 2006, 09:55
I like henning for the show he puts on. When he comes down the stages people who know nothing about rally go "wow! look at him!" just like with gigi. Seb may win all the time, but is he really that spectacular to watch? i dont think so..

I think it'd be great if a sponsor put a sticker on the bottom of henning's car!

Daniel
15th December 2006, 10:10
I like henning for the show he puts on. When he comes down the stages people who know nothing about rally go "wow! look at him!" just like with gigi. Seb may win all the time, but is he really that spectacular to watch? i dont think so..

I think that says it all. Thanks for putting into plain English what I didn't have the guts to say :up: Sebastien Loeb is very spectacular to watch. But only if you understand what's going on inside the car and that no one in the current crop of drivers other than Gronholm really comes close. Driving sideways is not hard at all. Even I can do it. Driving sideways is extremely easy.

I`m not quit sure you understood me. Or, I guess you won`t understand me.
I hope he becomes the number one. But i don`t think that.

The picture of the roll in Sweden, is one of the most shown single episodes in wrc during this year (except picutures og Loeb and Gronholm winning rallies) With pictures I mean video clip ofcourse.

The directors in Expert was actually quit happy withe the exposure they got during that rally.. This is, Daniel, the main reason why company put their name on any car. I wouldn`t buy my TV somewhere else instead of Expert, because H. Solberg rolled.

I actually consider buying a Skoda, even though it doesn`t preforme in WRC. I will never buy a Citroen.

Its all about exposure. And Loeb gets some extra because he is the best driver. But Im not quit sure he is more valuble for Citroen than P. Solberg for Subaru...if you see my ponit.

I wouldn't buy a Xsara because it does well in the WRC either. Anyone who buys a car purely because it does well in the WRC is a little silly :)

Petter Solberg was nothing for Subaru this year. If only because of the car. Petter just didn't have the speed this year and no one wants to watch a former champion fighting with his car and not getting results. It's hardly spectacular to watch. Of course crashes and rolls are part of rallying and always will. But to like someone because they crash is just silly. Crashing generally shows that someone has made a mistake and making lots of mistakes shows a general lack of skill and the WRC is supposed to be the place where the most skilled drivers are. Are you following me here? I think you should follow Henning for the times that he doesn't make mistakes rather than the times he does.

P.S You should buy your TV from whoever is the cheapest. You may have loyalty towards Expert but they sure as anything don't have any loyalty towards you. They purely want to make money and I have no problem with that at all :up:

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 10:21
Who among drivers/teams will have an announcement for 2007 today ??? :confused:

Halvard
15th December 2006, 10:24
I think that says it all. Thanks for putting into plain English what I didn't have the guts to say :up: Sebastien Loeb is very spectacular to watch. But only if you understand what's going on inside the car and that no one in the current crop of drivers other than Gronholm really comes close. Driving sideways is not hard at all. Even I can do it. Driving sideways is extremely easy.

I wouldn't buy a Xsara because it does well in the WRC either. Anyone who buys a car purely because it does well in the WRC is a little silly :)

Petter Solberg was nothing for Subaru this year. If only because of the car. Petter just didn't have the speed this year and no one wants to watch a former champion fighting with his car and not getting results. It's hardly spectacular to watch. Of course crashes and rolls are part of rallying and always will. But to like someone because they crash is just silly. Crashing generally shows that someone has made a mistake and making lots of mistakes shows a general lack of skill and the WRC is supposed to be the place where the most skilled drivers are. Are you following me here? I think you should follow Henning for the times that he doesn't make mistakes rather than the times he does.

P.S You should buy your TV from whoever is the cheapest. You may have loyalty towards Expert but they sure as anything don't have any loyalty towards you. They purely want to make money and I have no problem with that at all :up:

We could go on for ever and ever. We would never agree, and the other members would get bored by us.

I`m not trying to talk either P. Solberg or H. Solberg into the skies. I know which level their at and they are getting older. I`m a fan mostly because i`m Norwegian. Like you would, if their had been any decent drivers from Wales.

I`m just trying to give an explanetion to why he in 2007 drives an orange Focus. He is an good driver and an good investment for companies like Expert.

Nothing more, noting less

Halvard
15th December 2006, 10:25
Who among drivers/teams will have an announcement for 2007 today ??? :confused:

And when???

Christina
15th December 2006, 10:30

But the average joe who stumbles upon a rally either on TV or live wouldnt have much clue about what's going on inside the car, so why should that matter? are they not trying to get more people interested? to increase the appeal of the sport? so wouldnt more drivers like henning and gigi be better for the sport? increasing the spectacle and all that.. you cant say you dont get excited when a car has a moment right in front of you.

Perfection is boring.

Daniel
15th December 2006, 10:35
We could go on for ever and ever. We would never agree, and the other members would get bored by us.

I`m not trying to talk either P. Solberg or H. Solberg into the skies. I know which level their at and they are getting older. I`m a fan mostly because i`m Norwegian. Like you would, if their had been any decent drivers from Wales.

I`m just trying to give an explanetion to why he in 2007 drives an orange Focus. He is an good driver and an good investment for companies like Expert.

Nothing more, noting less

Oh don't get me wrong I don't disagree that he is a decent investment. I just think that they invest in him because he's a good driver rather than the fact that he's had a couple of "good" crashes this year.

I'm not from Wales anyway. I'm from Australia and I don't support Atkinson because I'm Australian. I support drivers who I see to be the best. When I saw him in Australia in 2002 he came 7th but I was 100% sure I was seeing someone who had a crapload of speed and who could definitely be a future champion. I support skill when I see it. Same with Gronholm. Saw him in 1999 in Australia which I admit was late in his career compared to others but even if he only finished 5th he showed that star quality..... that's why i follow drivers. Not because I come from where they come from or they signed my cap at a rally or said something nice. But because they're a good driver.

1LM1
15th December 2006, 10:39
Perfection is boring.

I don't agree at all.
I prefer wrc events than national events because wrc is closer to perfection. I prefer to watch great drivers, great teams, top cars than average or bad ones.

Daniel
15th December 2006, 10:53
But the average joe who stumbles upon a rally either on TV or live wouldnt have much clue about what's going on inside the car, so why should that matter? are they not trying to get more people interested? to increase the appeal of the sport? so wouldnt more drivers like henning and gigi be better for the sport? increasing the spectacle and all that.. you cant say you dont get excited when a car has a moment right in front of you.

Perfection is boring.

What 1LM1 said is completely correct. I don't want to go and watch guys who you can put money on to not finish rallies. I go to watch the best drivers in the world. The thing about the WRC is there are a lot of guys who have come up from Group N or S1600 where they were great (Atkinson for example) and then come to the WRC and are inconsistent. Sure they can be spectacular but it's just not my thing to see someone struggling to drive.

But your statement about perfection being boring is rubbish. Myself and a lot of people on here would much prefer to watch Loeb go through a stage with no issues than Gigi going off after a stage like he did in Catalunya a couple of years ago. Wait I tell a lie..... a lot of people on here would rather see that than watch Loeb! :laugh:

Halvard
15th December 2006, 11:10
Oh don't get me wrong I don't disagree that he is a decent investment. I just think that they invest in him because he's a good driver rather than the fact that he's had a couple of "good" crashes this year.

I'm not from Wales anyway. I'm from Australia and I don't support Atkinson because I'm Australian. I support drivers who I see to be the best. When I saw him in Australia in 2002 he came 7th but I was 100% sure I was seeing someone who had a crapload of speed and who could definitely be a future champion. I support skill when I see it. Same with Gronholm. Saw him in 1999 in Australia which I admit was late in his career compared to others but even if he only finished 5th he showed that star quality..... that's why i follow drivers. Not because I come from where they come from or they signed my cap at a rally or said something nice. But because they're a good driver.

Well, I support H. Solberg, even though is not the best.I support Rosenborg, even if they had a bad season in 2006. So we have different reasons for supporting drivers.

Why aren`t u using the Australian flag??

Daniel
15th December 2006, 11:11
Well, I support H. Solberg, even though is not the best.I support Rosenborg, even if they had a bad season in 2006. So we have different reasons for supporting drivers.

Why aren`t u using the Australian flag??
Because I live in Wales :) I generally have the flag of where I am :)

A.F.F.
15th December 2006, 11:25
Forget me being a brown-nose nor trying to appeal to our Norwegian forum friends in order to get my hands on their oilmoney, but IMO Halvard has been an example of how to cheer your favourite drivers without loosing an objective view to the big picture :up:

I think we all know how easy it to loose sometimes, eh?

But Henning still isn't the fastest of Ford drivers :p :

Brother John
15th December 2006, 11:27
According to bulletins on a Belgian forum, Duval will not drive do the first 6 months 2007 in wrc! Rumours in Belgium say that he appears in second half of 07 with Suzuki!

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 11:40
What about Manfred Stohl's plans ?? :confused:

When is he doing a press conference/announcement with OMV ??

Same question about Redbull/Aigner... ??

RS
15th December 2006, 12:03

When is he doing a press conference/announcement with OMV ??

Aigner in PWRC next year: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=5820

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 12:05
New rumour Stohl and OMV with Kronos next year... :rolleyes:

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 12:16
Daniel Carlsson --- press release today at 16:00 ( swedish time)...

Brother John
15th December 2006, 12:30
:s mokin: Probably he will drive in Sweden, Norway and Finland!

JAM
15th December 2006, 13:46
Perfection.... the usaul rubish. To see perfection in corners i seat in from of TV and watch F1. To see the nore developped cars and the besty motorsports technology i seat in front of a TV and see F1. I prefer to see rallying because have more excitment.

I see the Christina's point of view, but can't understand the point of view from Daniel and 1LM1. So Wrc is near the perfection... why? Because is more expensive than the other championships? Because the cars are more advanced? Because you have more events or because you have to stay far from the road to see the cars passing? Os because you only have 3 or 4 good drivers and a lot of them out of the championship?

MikeD
15th December 2006, 13:57

Aigner plans confirmed here...

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~PCWRC--Aigner--Red-Bull-go-for-Production-glory-~cid~4~id~141343.htm

Daniel
15th December 2006, 14:04
Perfection.... the usaul rubish. To see perfection in corners i seat in from of TV and watch F1. To see the nore developped cars and the besty motorsports technology i seat in front of a TV and see F1. I prefer to see rallying because have more excitment.

I see the Christina's point of view, but can't understand the point of view from Daniel and 1LM1. So Wrc is near the perfection... why? Because is more expensive than the other championships? Because the cars are more advanced? Because you have more events or because you have to stay far from the road to see the cars passing? Os because you only have 3 or 4 good drivers and a lot of them out of the championship?
Nothing to do with Seb's driving style at all is it. We didn't say the series was anywhere near perfection. We were talking about driving styles. Stop twisting words

GigiGalliNo1
15th December 2006, 14:10
Good to see a WRC driver go to P-WRC? backwards? Like seeing GiGi going back to P-WRC or as he says no way in the world would he drive a S2000 car!

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 15:03
Normally Daniel Carlsson's press conference has just started... :confused:

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 15:04
Press release.. not Conference... :) some more minutes...

pucky54
15th December 2006, 15:06
@MHjerpe

Will the press release be on his homepage?

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 15:13
hmm seems to be some delay... I was told 16:00... just have to wait I guess..

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 15:13
I put the link to his website here ;)
http://www.danielcarlsson.com

edacurf
15th December 2006, 15:52
http://wrc.is.free.fr/

henning video

eppel
15th December 2006, 15:54
Daniel Carlsson is ready for Bozian next season. 6 WRC rounds!

Koppomsbo
15th December 2006, 15:55
I put the link to his website here ;)
http://www.danielcarlsson.com

Acctualy i saw Daniel this morning on a hotel in oslo.. Discussing with some guys in ties

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 16:06

Good news !!! :D

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 16:08
Acctualy i saw Daniel this morning on a hotel in oslo.. Discussing with some guys in ties

Jan R ? :) (and you where talking with the same guys :) ?

bennizw
15th December 2006, 16:26
Norways largest paper, VG, says they have secure sources that say Manfred will continue at Bozian with a 307 for all WRC events next season.

Link: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=144226

Koppomsbo
15th December 2006, 16:36
Jan R ? :) (and you where talking with the same guys :) ?

Yes, thats me, no i was there having breakfast after my companys christmas party.. So i wasnt on my best if u know what i mean ;)

1LM1
15th December 2006, 16:40
Norways largest paper, VG, says they have secure sources that say Manfred will continue at Bozian with a 307 for all WRC events next season.

Yes! Very good news.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 16:44

Best news for the whales fans !!! :bounce:

MikeD
15th December 2006, 16:50
So Bozian has Stohl for all 16 rounds and Daniel Carlsson for 6 rounds (Norway, Sweden, Wales, Portugal, Finland and Sardegna) - so who is going to fill the other 4-6 european rounds for Bozian?

Any guesses...

Bengue?, Burri?, Galli?

And who will they enter for Monte?

And I guess this means buy buy to Kronos and their M2 assult. But maybe they will enter some events (just not as an M2 team)

And sine Gardemeister will drive a Mitsu in Monte, then who is going to drive the Munchi's Ford? - Tsjoen perhaps?

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 16:57
Yes, thats me, no i was there having breakfast after my companys christmas party.. So i wasnt on my best if u know what i mean ;)

Hehe Swedish JulBord... can be... well much to drink... :)

There is nothing official about DC yet! (so don't put him in a Bozian yet)

Koppomsbo
15th December 2006, 16:57
Whatabout Duval? Maybe him for the rest with Bozian?

1LM1
15th December 2006, 17:07
Yes Duval could be a possibility. I hope he will get the money a choose this seat.

JAM
15th December 2006, 17:20
Nothing to do with Seb's driving style at all is it. We didn't say the series was anywhere near perfection. We were talking about driving styles. Stop twisting words

You didn't understand, but ok, no problem...

Tomi
15th December 2006, 17:37
And sine Gardemeister will drive a Mitsu in Monte, then who is going to drive the Munchi's Ford? - Tsjoen perhaps?

Latvala will drive 1 of the fords in Monte.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 17:43
And who will they enter for Monte?

There's already Swiss Philippe Roux to drive one of the Bozian whales in Monte07, but it's too risky to nominate him for points !! He's just what we can call a gentleman-driver :mark:

My guess is that there's still another driver for Bozian M2 team along with Stohl(I pray for Galli I believe he's the best choice to drive the 2nd whale!!), and that all the other drivers driving for Bozian will do it as privateers(including Carlsson)... ;)

SubaruNorway
15th December 2006, 17:46
Some news(rumors) on norsk-rally.com that Daniel Carlson is driving a 307 with Bozian

sorry didn't see it above

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 17:47
You're late Subarunorway1 !! :p :

Tomi
15th December 2006, 17:55
Good news, i think he can challenge Stohl, and nice to see that the Swedes can get something done too. :)

SubaruNorway
15th December 2006, 17:55
Busy day at work and so much happening today so it's hard t keep up, was it anounced who is driving togheter with Henning on the press conference, in Wales was it. Probably Wilson but in these days you never now

Jaanus
15th December 2006, 18:02
Busy day at work and so much happening today so it's hard t keep up, was it anounced who is driving togheter with Henning on the press conference, in Wales was it. Probably Wilson but in these days you never now

It isn't officially announced yet, but it will be Matt Wilson.

MikeD
15th December 2006, 18:03
There's already Swiss Philippe Roux to drive one of the Bozian whales in Monte07, but it's too risky to nominate him for points !! He's just what we can call a gentleman-driver :mark:

My guess is that there's still another driver for Bozian M2 team along with Stohl(I pray for Galli I believe he's the best choice to drive the 2nd whale!!), and that all the other drivers driving for Bozian will do it as privateers(including Carlsson)... ;)

Oh, I didn't know Roux was confirmed for Monte.
Regarding Daniel Carlsson I think he will be nominated for points for Sweden and Norway. But I guess Bozian will look for a tarmas specialist for some of the rounds, don't you?.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 18:07
And who would run along with Stohl on the rallies outside Europe(Carlsson only run in Europe apparently) ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 18:58
What's this JOKE ????? :eek: :s

According to Turbomagazine OMV, Manfred Stohl and Daniel Carlsson join Kronos for next year !!! :s

I can't believe it !!! No Bozian and no whales in WRC07 for sure !! ;(

alleskids
15th December 2006, 19:11
Were can I find the official announcement about the Mitsubishi MT2 team, what sponsors, which rounds will they do ?

bennizw
15th December 2006, 19:15
Aigner is confirmed for the PCWRC for next year in a Lancer Evo 9.

DonJippo
15th December 2006, 19:15
which rounds will they do ?

All European rounds, 12 events.

Koppomsbo
15th December 2006, 19:18

According to Turbomagazine OMV, Manfred Stohl and Daniel Carlsson join Kronos for next year !!! :s

Ehh, ok.. Silly Season when it is its best... :D

edacurf
15th December 2006, 19:19

is it true, what i read on turbomagazin.be ????????ß
i can´t believe it

bennizw
15th December 2006, 19:25
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder how many of the rumours we've heard so far about next year are complete bull when we arrive to MC 07 :p :

jonas_mcrae
15th December 2006, 20:39
wow so much happening in the last days, so many confirmed and non confirmed rumors, anyone interested in making a summary?? which drivers are still missing a drive for next year?

peterpz
15th December 2006, 20:54
wow so much happening in the last days, so many confirmed and non confirmed rumors, anyone interested in making a summary?? which drivers are still missing a drive for next year?

Duval, Markko, Galli, Pons?

Niels H
15th December 2006, 20:59
Monday we will know, that is when they publish the entrylist on te Monte website.

SubaruNorway
15th December 2006, 21:12
Strange to transport and drive the cars 700km to do a sss in buenos Aires, thats about the total transport for Rally Norway, remember the drivers complained in Acropolis when the had to do the sss in Athens 400km away i think it was.

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~943863,00.html

MHjerpe
15th December 2006, 21:14
at last.. a bit delayed... but ...
Daniel Carlsson... in Kronos... in Loebs old car..
Swedish rally, Norway, Portugal, Sardinia, Greece and Finland.

SubaruNorway
15th December 2006, 21:18
http://www.danielcarlsson.com/

So i gues manfred is driving for them to as the team is called
OMV Kronos Citroen, graet news as i think theyl be more competative in the Xsara than in the 307

alleskids
15th December 2006, 21:19
at last.. a bit delayed... but ...
Daniel Carlsson... in Kronos... in Loebs old car..
Swedish rally, Norway, Portugal, Sardinia, Greece and Finland.

It is officially finally ? OMV, Manfred Stohl, Daniel Carlsson in OMV KRONOS CITROEN WORLD RALLY TEAM ? Kronos deserved to be present in 2007. Will Philippe Roux then drive the second OMV Xsara in Monte Carlo ?

jonas_mcrae
15th December 2006, 21:38

Pons out

typhoon
15th December 2006, 22:50

Duval (First Motorsport) is looking to do a short-programme in some european events, probably not build a totally-new M2 team with Czech Team-Kopecky with Skoda Fabia WRC.

Galli probably will have the support of Pirelli in some european events, but nothing is confirmed. I hope for "giginen" that will find the budget for some rally :D it's the italian pastrana!!!! WE WANT GIGI ON STAGE :p

NjHarwood
15th December 2006, 23:59
so then any word on the Markko situation or is that idea slowly fading away and his 2007 comeback stalling?

Or have i missed something from the 7 pages i skipped?

I got as far as its practically confired he had a drive with Mitsubishi but i dont hear or see anything come of this recently

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2006, 02:11
Anynews about Galli? Can some one do a table with who's driving with which team next year again? Trying to keep up but whilst i'm sleeping in Australia, you guys are goin nuts in the forum! haha

atsiotras79
16th December 2006, 07:53
Strange to transport and drive the cars 700km to do a sss in buenos Aires, thats about the total transport for Rally Norway, remember the drivers complained in Acropolis when the had to do the sss in Athens 400km away i think it was.

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~943863,00.html

+1

padWRC
16th December 2006, 08:16
Any news about Katajamaki?

Tomi
16th December 2006, 08:22
Any news about Katajamaki?

Nothing yet, but likely few rounds in a Focus.

rhinoceros
16th December 2006, 10:03
Rovanpera, Duval, Martin, Latvala?
what seats are still available
some rallies with Kronos, What does Bozian and Astra, are all Ford seats booked?

J.Lindstroem
16th December 2006, 10:18
I whould be surprised if there is any 307 M2 team next year... So the only places left has to be 10 rallies in a Kronos Xsara for the moment!

Patwrc
16th December 2006, 10:21
I think it may well be possible for Rovanpera in a Suzuki. He always said he's interested in developing a new car.

J.Lindstroem
16th December 2006, 10:53
Citroen M1

1. Sebastien Loeb
2. Daniel Sordo

Ford M1

1. Marcus Grönholm
2. Mikko Hirvonen

Subaru M1

1. Petter Solberg
2. Chris Atkinson

Suzuki M1

1. (Harri Rovanperä?) (Toni Gardemeister?) (Francois Duval) (3)

2. (PG Andersson?) (Guy Wilks?) (Urmo Aava) (3)

------------------------------------------------------

Citroen M2 (OMV Kronos)

1. Manfred Stohl (16)
2. Daniel Carlsson (6)
2. ? (10)

(1)Ford M2 (Stobart/Expert)

1. Henning Solberg (16)
2. Matthew Wilson (16)

(2)Ford M2 (Munchis World Rally Team)

1. Luis Perez Companc (10)
2. Juan Pablo Raies (10)
?. Toni Gardemeister (1)
?. Jari-Matti Latvala (1)
?. ???? (1)

Mitsubishi M2

1. Toni Gardemeister (12)
2. Al Qassimi (12)

Subaru M2 (?)

I hope for this to happend. Have'nt we heard rumours at this forum about Gigi and Subaru? Think about a yellow pirelli sponsored Scooby.... mmmm....

Peugeot M2 (?)

Since Manfred's gone to Kronos Citroen, i don´t belive the future for a Peugeot M2 team is bright. They need a big sponsor. Red Bull?

Red Bull M2 (?)

With Aigner doing the Pwrc i belive we won't see a Red Bull Team... BUT it whould have been amazing to see a team of the RB drivers Kris Meeke and Francois Duval!

Skoda M2 (First World Rally Team)

Rumours is saying that we will se:

1. Francois Duval (?)
2. Jan Kopecky (?)

------------------------------------------------------

Others:

Urmo Aava in a Peugeot 307?

That frenchman (what was his name) in a Peugeot 307?

Alex Bengue in a Peugeot 307?

Stephane Voitech in a Peugeot 307?

Kosti Katajamäki in a Ford Focus?

Andreas Mikkelsen in a Ford Focus?

Valentino Rossi in a Subaru?

Mads Östberg in a Subaru?

Stephan Sarrazin in a private Subaru for the tarmarc rounds?

Gigi Galli in a Mitsubishi?

jonas_mcrae
16th December 2006, 12:01
what happened to fast Jussi? is he coming back ?

A.F.F.
16th December 2006, 12:04
what happened to fast Jussi? is he coming back ?

Fast-Jussi said that he'll review his plans for -07 before christmas at latest. Hopefully he has a proper program for next year :up:

jonas_mcrae
16th December 2006, 12:07
many drivers with a drive yet and some with even options to choose(garde) but what happened to Gigi?, nothing yet, not even some good rumors or anything, only the MAYBE doing SOME events next year, that sucks, Galli is one of the drivers that could do the WRC more interesting, why hes not getting the support other drivers are getting? shame on you italian sponsors!

jonas_mcrae
16th December 2006, 12:07
Fast-Jussi said that he'll review his plans for -07 before christmas at latest. Hopefully he has a proper program for next year :up:

hope for a proper program i like his driving style and the sunglases! lol

alleskids
16th December 2006, 14:27
When the FIA stil had plans to do only half of 2007, in order to make WRC a winterchampionship, Irishman Gareth Mac Hale said he would do the complete 2007 WRC, all 8 rounds of it. But is he still planning/have the budget to do 8 rounds in 2007, and build on to his 2006 experience ? Any news on the Britisch/Irisch frontiers ?

StevoEvo
16th December 2006, 17:45
So what drivers are Bozian going to run next year???
This article released Thursday 14th, they seem to be up for competing in 2007 with the whales!!!
Or is it the fact that OMV have switched to Kronos, and messed Bozians plans up???
Red Bull OMV maybe with Meeke and Duval?
Or Pirelli OMV with Galli and another?

Rando
16th December 2006, 18:13
"Meeke no longer driven by World Rally dream"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/article2079543.ece

COD
16th December 2006, 18:20

Very honest interview and it would be good for many young drivers to read. Hat off for Meeke to making a difficult decision

StevoEvo
16th December 2006, 18:23

Shame!!!
Ah well, looks like it's selected British/Irish rounds for 2007 in various cars.
Perhaps he'll get a drive with Colin, doing trial rallies in the R4....If it ever gets on the stages :rolleyes:

Tomi
16th December 2006, 18:30
Very honest interview and it would be good for many young drivers to read. Hat off for Meeke to making a difficult decision

also a lesson for young drivers, that dont stay driving stuff like s1600 too long time, it takes you nowhere.

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:40
He makes it clear how the stair to WRC is completely wrong conceived and built.

I wish him the best!

Buzz Lightyear
16th December 2006, 18:41
also a lesson for young drivers, that dont stay driving stuff like s1600 too long time, it takes you nowhere.

This is a very big shame for british motorsport! typical of a country like UK, living in the past, resting on it laurals. someone get off their *ss and make it happen for young guy like this... they cant do it on their own!

Tomi
16th December 2006, 18:50
This is a very big shame for british motorsport! typical of a country like UK, living in the past, resting on it laurals. someone get off their *ss and make it happen for young guy like this... they cant do it on their own!

Maybe the guys should get proper managers, so that they can focus on the driving instead of running after money.

Buzz Lightyear
16th December 2006, 18:57
Maybe the guys should get proper managers, so that they can focus on the driving instead of running after money.

I think Meeke had Atkinson and Martin's manager looking after him, so that is not the problem. Wilks not sure. Wilson... well he doesnt need a manager! UK needs a 'manager' like Mr Joukki !!

Tomi
16th December 2006, 19:02
I think Meeke had Atkinson and Martin's manager looking after him, so that is not the problem. Wilks not sure. Wilson... well he doesnt need a manager! UK needs a 'manager' like Mr Joukki !!

If I would be brittish rallydriver, I would go to the guy who take care of Kimi Räikkönens drivings, i dont remember his name, but he can do his work.

alleskids
16th December 2006, 19:38
I am glad Citroen sticked to the original Citroen red/white colours, instead of the red/orange test colour scheme. Hopefully the C4 WRC will be homologated before 1-1-2007, so that Kronos' MT2 can use it halfway 2007, when Citroen Sport will have a 2007 homologation.

N.O.T
16th December 2006, 19:58
Very sad news for Meeke.....he was one of my favourites :( :( Hope Kronos makes him an offer .....

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 06:40
Just watching Rally GB now as it's being air on TV in Aus (free to air tv) and the lady commentator said about Atkinson that he's trying to impress in this rally as he hasn't scored points in 9 rally's this year. Hello SWRT!? Why bother keeping him if he's not scoring points, retiring and not doing any good? Get another driver for 2007 someone who will impress and show talent! No point of keeping somone around if they're not doin good, it's not good for the team and i think a waste of money they're spending on Chris! Anyone else agree or what's your view of "Atko" as people would say?!

/// a t t

bowler
17th December 2006, 07:51
JHello SWRT!? Why bother keeping him if he's not scoring points, retiring and not doing any good?

/// a t t

the car has been the problem all year. Put Loeb in it, and he would be alongside Solberg with points.

Solberg and Atkinson have kept up a good front, when the car has let them dwn all year.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 08:09
And Chris crashing? Car's fault?

Donney
17th December 2006, 08:16
At least in a big part yes. When you have to overdrive in order to be close to the top, mistakes are more likely to happen. I'm not saying he's the new wonder of WRC but it is very hard to judge after the car he's had to drive this year.

A.F.F.
17th December 2006, 08:57
Very bad news but I totally respect Meeke's decision. This is the biggest failure of WRC right now. We can't expect decent rallying if we don't have decent drivers there :mark:

Daniel
17th December 2006, 11:33
Just watching Rally GB now as it's being air on TV in Aus (free to air tv) and the lady commentator said about Atkinson that he's trying to impress in this rally as he hasn't scored points in 9 rally's this year. Hello SWRT!? Why bother keeping him if he's not scoring points, retiring and not doing any good? Get another driver for 2007 someone who will impress and show talent! No point of keeping somone around if they're not doin good, it's not good for the team and i think a waste of money they're spending on Chris! Anyone else agree or what's your view of "Atko" as people would say?!

/// a t t
Because he brings a lot of money to the team.

Finni
17th December 2006, 12:05
I am gutted by those brittons who cannot do anything for their young talents. Even I am finn I want to support most talented drivers whatever their nationality is. I reckon that Meeke and Wilks are perhaps two most complete drivers outside of wrc-scene (easely comparable to Jari-Matti Latvala for instance).

Hopefully Wilks will find some decent driving..

Brother John
17th December 2006, 12:11
Juan Pablo Raies and his co-driver Jorge Perez-Companc from Argentina will drive 10 WRC rally in 2007 for Munchi Ford World Rally Team with Ford Focus WRC -06. Next week the complete team will be in England for to learn and to know the car + do the first tests!

http://www.sportinformation.com/Motor/Aktuellt/aktuelltrallyvm2006-2.htm#06_12_17_

Tomi
17th December 2006, 12:22
(easely comparable to Jari-Matti Latvala for instance).
Hopefully Wilks will find some decent driving..

Really, how can you compaire their WRC results for instance? Thats what it is about, or do you think 1 more year in s1600 would have mean progress.

Simmi
17th December 2006, 12:33
Fair play to Meeke there's no point messing around in lower formulas and by saying he wont he is showing the precise reason why the WRC is flawed. Hopefully something will come up for him. Maybe the IRC but then again what will that lead to? It remains to be seen...

Tomi
17th December 2006, 12:42
To me it looks that too many drivers gets stuck in S1600, carreer vise it would better to do selected events with desent WRC car after driving 1 year in JWRC instead, its not a question of money, its a question how you use the money you have.
Also in professional sport its good to have an desent manager, who can arrange money needed, and cars too, the Brittish guys dont have that.
Someone did mention Meeke has same manager that Atkinson and Märtin, well sofar the only guy he has found a drive to is the guy with his own bag of money. :)

Koppomsbo
17th December 2006, 12:45
To me it looks that too many drivers gets stuck in S1600, carreer vise it would better to do selected events with desent WRC car after driving 1 year in JWRC instead, its not a question of money, its a question how you use the money you have.

Agree, but if u can drive in the JWRC for free(or even better, getting paid to do it) i can understand that some stay there

Tomi
17th December 2006, 12:47
Agree, but if u can drive in the JWRC for free(or even better, getting paid to do it) i can understand that some stay there
If that is the case, then better not to cry if cant find a drive.

Simmi
17th December 2006, 13:00
You cant blame people like Meeke and Wilks for starting out in the JWRC when it produced Loeb/Duval when they first entered. Sordo is a modern day exception in a formula that doesnt give you anything anymore. What good is experience if you dont have the money? No one helps drivers in the UK like they do in Spain/France. It shouldn't have to be about moneybags managers like Joulkki. Unfortunately he is and I dont think Meeke is 'crying' it is just talking frankly about the situation.

Koppomsbo
17th December 2006, 13:03
If that is the case, then better not to cry if cant find a drive.

Of course..

Tomi
17th December 2006, 13:09
You cant blame people like Meeke and Wilks for starting out in the JWRC when it produced Loeb/Duval when they first entered. Sordo is a modern day exception in a formula that doesnt give you anything anymore. What good is experience if you dont have the money? No one helps drivers in the UK like they do in Spain/France. It shouldn't have to be about moneybags managers like Joulkki. Unfortunately he is and I dont think Meeke is 'crying' it is just talking frankly about the situation.

Maybe he is not, but its no secret that the teams stopped picking up desent drivers from their home already in mid 70, after that to make it it takes a lot of work, also good driving in different cars, It's good there is guys like Jouhki, or other who are willing to take risks and put out the money needed, else the amount of WRC cars in the events would have been much less too.

A.F.F.
17th December 2006, 13:10
I can easily understand Meeke. The whole situation must feel a bit unfair but there's nothing he can do about it. I'm honestly glad things are very good in Finland when it comes to support of young drivers and it's not just because of certain Mr.Jouhki.

Simmi
17th December 2006, 13:11
3 car teams are the answer IMO. I think history has shown the works teams would use them if the FIA would do a U-turn and permit them again. I think they are the only hope for young drivers. (See Martin, Solberg, Duval, Rovanpera etc.)

Tomi
17th December 2006, 13:17
3 car teams are the answer IMO. I think history has shown the works teams would use them if the FIA would do a U-turn and permit them again. I think they are the only hope for young drivers. (See Martin, Solberg, Duval, Rovanpera etc.)

Not a solution for a free ride, the guy in the third car would have to pay anyway, this current system is much better, now the one who wants to show skill, can choose from many cars the most competitive.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 13:19
"Subaru's number two driver, Chris Atkinson has said that he will be targeting regular podiums and stage wins in 2007, his third season with the Banbury-based outfit." Crash.net

Like to see that. Perhaps in a new car?

J.Lindstroem
17th December 2006, 15:07
With a bit of luck i guess Chris Atkinson can be on the podium on maybe four or five ralies next year... Can´t se him being a top contender in more than Japan and NZ though!

HaCo
17th December 2006, 15:22
It's a shame that a driver like Meeke doesn't get a chance to drive a WRC. He has the talent and the speed, but doesn't get a chance. I hope he will get hisself togheter and tries to go and drive the IRC, why not just for fun?

White Sauron
17th December 2006, 15:28
It's a shame that a driver like Meeke doesn't get a chance to drive a WRC. He has the talent and the speed, but doesn't get a chance. I hope he will get hisself togheter and tries to go and drive the IRC, why not just for fun?

Wait, we have a 2nd seat at Expert team still free, so... maybe they'll hand it to Meeke?

J.Lindstroem
17th December 2006, 15:30
Wait, we have a 2nd seat at Expert team still free, so... maybe they'll hand it to Meeke?

What?

No, Expert/Stobart Ford M2 already has Wilslow/Slowberg!

White Sauron
17th December 2006, 15:57
What?

No, Expert/Stobart Ford M2 already has Wilslow/Slowberg!

No-no!!! It's not certain yet that Wilson will be there!

A.F.F.
17th December 2006, 15:59

The second seat may be free but it won't be free of charge. I believe that's the main problem Meeke is having, not enough financial support.

There are dozens of drivers who would be willing to drive without any salary but even them won't get a seat without sponsor money.

DonJippo
17th December 2006, 16:06

He needs to show the cash in IRC also it's not a free ride either...

J.Lindstroem
17th December 2006, 16:31
No-no!!! It's not certain yet that Wilson will be there!

Has'nt he got a five year deal with his father and Stobart?

White Sauron
17th December 2006, 17:01
Has'nt he got a five year deal with his father and Stobart?

maybe... But Stobart might be not the same thing as Expert. There can be two teams...

ProRally
17th December 2006, 17:12
Is J-M L not going to drive a Focus WRC in 07 ?

Tomi
17th December 2006, 17:13
Is J-M L not going to drive a Focus WRC in 07 ?

Yes, offcourse he is :)

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 17:16
yesterday I watch on Motors TV the Rally GB, but about the production division (Subaru Imlpreza vs Mitsubishi Lancer) , so what is the diffrences between WRC cars and this production ?

jonas_mcrae
17th December 2006, 17:20
yesterday I watch on Motors TV the Rally GB, but about the production division (Subaru Imlpreza vs Mitsubishi Lancer) , so what is the diffrences between WRC cars and this production ?

lot to learn Subaru WRX

bennizw
17th December 2006, 17:30
Hoho, a lot to learn indeed. The main difference is that the Grp N. cars have to be virtually the same as the road version of the car. Note VIRTUALLY. But all over, the Grp N car is a less tuned version of the WRC car on all points. (Suspension, engine, turbo, transmission, aerodynamics, etc.)

There is basically too much to explain about it.

Finni
17th December 2006, 18:30
Really, how can you compaire their WRC results for instance? Thats what it is about, or do you think 1 more year in s1600 would have mean progress.

Watch RAC 2005 results and stage times. Meeke was similar to Jari-Matti being in wrc-car first time in his career (as far as I know). I would also say that being fastest driver in jwrc is quite a merit. We were able to see that Juho Hänninen was lightyears behind Meeke's pace in the same car, that's remarkable despite that Juho was driving the car for the first time. I am not saying that Meeke or Wilks are more talented than Juho or Jari-Matti but their talents are fully comparable as far as we can tell at that point.

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 18:44
Hoho, a lot to learn indeed. The main difference is that the Grp N. cars have to be virtually the same as the road version of the car. Note VIRTUALLY. But all over, the Grp N car is a less tuned version of the WRC car on all points. (Suspension, engine, turbo, transmission, aerodynamics, etc.)

There is basically too much to explain about it.
OK thanks :) true I have more to learn but even my pseudo is Subaru I follow only the WRC, so no S1200 or this Production based Gr N !

I am more intrested about Le Mans, and I know all the classes there and all the diffrences between them ;)

Tomi
17th December 2006, 18:50
Watch RAC 2005 results and stage times. Meeke was similar to Jari-Matti being in wrc-car first time in his career (as far as I know). I would also say that being fastest driver in jwrc is quite a merit. We were able to see that Juho Hänninen was lightyears behind Meeke's pace in the same car, that's remarkable despite that Juho was driving the car for the first time. I am not saying that Meeke or Wilks are more talented than Juho or Jari-Matti but their talents are fully comparable as far as we can tell at that point.

Well, I would not put so much weight on someones home event, but being fast in JWRC is good yes, but does it take you somewhere shaving the roads year after year in a S1600, i dont think so.
Would be better to drive WRC rounds in proper cars against the others who try to find a seat, after that you can tell who's on the pace and who's not, now it seems that the teams dont have much faith in for instance Meeke, i belive his position would be much better if he would have a few top WRC finishes.
What comes to Juho, I think his preformance in WRC rounds has been reasonable sofar, also he seems to have guys behind who belives in him, so im not too worried how it will turn out, if the pace is there.

cut the b.s.
17th December 2006, 18:54
GB is Meekes home event in name only, look where he has done his rallying, he would be no more experienced on the south Wales stages than any most young guns

ProRally
17th December 2006, 18:59
Yes, offcourse he is :)

Which of the Ford teams ?
It will be funny at the Service park, on the left you have the Fordsssssss on the right the 'rest'... :laugh:

Tomi
17th December 2006, 19:08
Which of the Ford teams ?
It will be funny at the Service park, on the left you have the Fordsssssss on the right the 'rest'... :laugh:

sent you PM

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 19:32
another question a s I am "rookie" here, which is faster the JWRC S1600 cars or the Gr N ?

jso1985
17th December 2006, 20:02
Gr n

Brother John
17th December 2006, 21:31
Gr n

:laugh: maybe the first months of the next year, but more fun and action to see with S2000! :s mokin:

Buzz Lightyear
17th December 2006, 21:44
Watch RAC 2005 results and stage times. Meeke was similar to Jari-Matti being in wrc-car first time in his career (as far as I know).

Exactly, but again the difference is JML, gets oppertunity after oppertunity, becuase a weathly backer believes in him. That is good. Also Meeke is somewhat of a tarmac expert as well as gravel. Look at the last time Meeke and Sordo went head to head... Germany last year. Meeke was taking time off Sordo, till a puncture. And Sordo gave Seb a fright in this years Rally Gemany. That sort of talent should not go to waste.

What is beyond belief in my view... why a British based team, Ford, with a British Sponsor, BP, with a British team principle, MW... has two finns driving for him! They are good... and desvere their place, thats not what I am saying, but I could not for the life of me imagine the reverse! A finnish team, with finnish sponsors, with 2 british drivers!!!!!!???

Tomi
17th December 2006, 22:55
1 thing i dont understand is why dont brittish ex. drivers help upcoming drivers, for instance Colin is doing nothing to help, this weekends joke event in France, why did he go there, why not send someone else? The young guy would have got publicity, same when he did drive in Turkey, why not suggest some young guy instead, no he had to go there him self and show how slow he is.

Viktory
17th December 2006, 22:59
1 thing i dont understand is why dont brittish ex. drivers help upcoming drivers, for instance Colin is doing nothing to help, this weekends joke event in France, why did he go there, why not send someone else? The young guy would have got publicity, same when he did drive in Turkey, why not suggest some young guy instead, no he had to go there him self and show how slow he is.

Kind of agree, but it was Race of Champions so I don't know how well a rookie would have placed there.

Tomi
17th December 2006, 23:04
Kind of agree, but it was Race of Champions so I don't know how well a rookie would have placed there.

well enough

Tomi
17th December 2006, 23:08
Same greetings goes to the Swedish past drivers too, Waldegård, Pekka Eklund, Kenneth, Blomqvist, Påven, should be ashamed for doing nothing.

Tomi
17th December 2006, 23:10
Same greetings goes to the Swedish past drivers too, Waldegård, Pekka Eklund, Kenneth, Blomqvist, Påven, should be ashamed for doing nothing, once upon a time sweden was a great rally nation too.

Erki
17th December 2006, 23:21
Gr n

On gravel only, on tarmac, S1600 is usually faster than GpN.

Buzz Lightyear
18th December 2006, 00:12

now you are beginning to understand UK!! that is exactly the problem. Britian has a problem of living in the past, and resting on laurals of past acheivements. when we mean british drivers have no support.... it means absolutley no support.. from sponsors, media, teams, manufacturers, business... nothing.

L5->R5/CR
18th December 2006, 00:24

Didn't Colin used to have a relationship with Meeke as a mentor/backer/possible manager.

Meeke left after feeling Colin was unable to deliver/represent Meeke's best interests

Finni
18th December 2006, 10:28
I wonder if M-sport doesn't have many engineers unhappy due to situation that they have Mathew driving their car instead of such electric and complite drivers like Meeke and Wilks.

cut the b.s.
18th December 2006, 11:15
I wonder if M-sport doesn't have many engineers unhappy due to situation that they have Mathew driving their car instead of such electric and complite drivers like Meeke and Wilks.

Was Meeke not an engineer at M Sport? For them to employ him would probaly create a very good feeling in the team, dont wait for it to happen tho, Kris would blow wee Matt away, a guy with Meekes talent only needs 1 or 2 events and he will be running well up the points, no need for a 4/5 year plan like the kid has

cut the b.s.
18th December 2006, 11:17

Colin did try for Kris

AndyRAC
18th December 2006, 12:49
Meeke isn't the first and certainly won't be the last British driver to find it impossible to make it to the WRC, not through lack of talent though. He joins Rowe,Wearden,Higgins, Evans, McShea, and others who couldn't find backing to make the final jump.
Its a sad indictment of the WRC that as well talent that you need a shed load of money, and also shames Britain that no companies are interested in backing talent. Spain, France, Finland are all happy to back their drivers. If its not football companies don't want to know. The media coverage in Britain of WRC is hardly worth it though, is it?

Tomi
18th December 2006, 12:53
Meeke isn't the first and certainly won't be the last British driver to find it impossible to make it to the WRC, not through lack of talent though. He joins Rowe,Wearden,Higgins, Evans, McShea, and others who couldn't find backing to make the final jump.
Its a sad indictment of the WRC that as well talent that you need a shed load of money, and also shames Britain that no companies are interested in backing talent. Spain, France, Finland are all happy to back their drivers. If its not football companies don't want to know. The media coverage in Britain of WRC is hardly worth it though, is it?

Some of our drivers drive with brittish companies money, so why dont your boys do the same too, can the reason be that nobody has asked them for sponsoring?

AndyRAC
18th December 2006, 13:10
Some of our drivers drive with brittish companies money, so why dont your boys do the same too, can the reason be that nobody has asked them for sponsoring?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that, would like to know the reason though.

Halfshaft
19th December 2006, 00:57
Gareth Mac Hale will contest 12 rounds of the WRC in 2007 with a Ford Focus WRC 06 (LHD) and a few irish rallys.

Tomi
19th December 2006, 04:51
Gareth Mac Hale will contest 12 rounds of the WRC in 2007 with a Ford Focus WRC 06 (LHD) and a few irish rallys.

Thats good news :)

HaCo
19th December 2006, 18:04

Meek should have that seat!! He HAS the talent for it!

Tomi
19th December 2006, 18:06
Meek should have that seat!! He HAS the talent for it!
maybe he can have the backseat?

Koppomsbo
19th December 2006, 18:34
maybe he can have the backseat?

Call Malcom, they probably have it somewhere in Ford Workshop. :)

SubaruNorway
19th December 2006, 19:54
Anyone got the entrylist for Monte Carlo and the M1/M2 entry for 2007 shoulden't had entered by last friday

padWRC
20th December 2006, 08:22
The entrylist for Monte Carlo in 4th January 2007

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 08:32

So you should be happy of Matt Wilslow program too, then, as McHale isn't better driver !! :p :

Tomi
20th December 2006, 10:33
So you should be happy of Matt Wilslow program too, then, as McHale isn't better driver !! :p :

Offcourse i am, why not.

padWRC
20th December 2006, 11:33
Eugene Donnelly will run the Rally Ireland 2007 with a

Subaru Impreza WRC S12 (LHD) .

Simmi
20th December 2006, 11:44
I really hope the entrylist for Rally Ireland lives up to its promise. I cannot wait for next year!

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 11:55
Offcourse i am, why not.

Many people are bashing Wilslow and I wondered if you belonged to them... ;)

Tomi
20th December 2006, 12:11
Many people are bashing Wilslow and I wondered if you belonged to them... ;)

To me it look that they have some plan for Wilson, better wait and see.

JAM
20th December 2006, 14:11
Mchale as at the same level of Wilson, nothing interesting to expect. Is incredible as from UK only came bad drivers to WRC. McRae and Burns times are unfortunatelly gone.

Lousada
21st December 2006, 16:32
The numbers:
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2006/December/211206-01.html

No Mitsubishi as of yet.

MikeD
21st December 2006, 16:36
Dammit - they have given Stobart no.9 and no.10. That means that Bozian will not enter 2007 as an M2 team :(

Patwrc
22nd December 2006, 14:52
Petter will start the season with No. 7. Hopefully it's a lucky number for him!

pflugi
22nd December 2006, 15:25
Dammit - they have given Stobart no.9 and no.10. That means that Bozian will not enter 2007 as an M2 team :(

I'm not familiar with a rule to the contrary, but... can Bozian still claim M2 team status later in the year? Would it matter?

JAM
22nd December 2006, 17:13
I'm not familiar with a rule to the contrary, but... can Bozian still claim M2 team status later in the year? Would it matter?

Acording to FIA

"Provisions exist in the regulations for additional Manufacturer Teams to register until 12 March 2007. Points will only accrue after registration."

Christina
25th December 2006, 14:03
interesing.. wandering around rally-live.com i found this little table..

TEAM CAR DRIVERS
Citroën Citroën C4 WRC S. Loeb D. Sordo
Ford World Rally Team Ford Focus WRC M. Gronholm M. Hirvonen
Subaru World Rally Team Subaru Impreza WRC P. Solberg C. Atkinson
OMV Kronos Citroën WRT Citroën Xsara WRC M. Stohl D. Carlsson (6/10 ?)
Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Lancer WRC T. Gardemeister K. Al Qassimi
Munchi's Ford WRT Ford Focus WRC L. Perez Companc J.-P. Raies
Expert Ford (?) Ford Focus WRC H. Solberg J.-M. Latvala (?)
Stobart VK M-Sport Ford (?) Ford Focus WRC M. Wilson

It shows Expert ford with two cars and only one stobart car. this is confusing.. Something to ponder perhaps?

Christina
25th December 2006, 14:04
interesing.. wandering around rally-live.com i found this little table..

TEAM CAR DRIVERS
Citroën Citroën C4 WRC S. Loeb D. Sordo
Ford World Rally Team Ford Focus WRC M. Gronholm M. Hirvonen
Subaru World Rally Team Subaru Impreza WRC P. Solberg C. Atkinson
OMV Kronos Citroën WRT Citroën Xsara WRC M. Stohl D. Carlsson (6/10 ?)
Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Lancer WRC T. Gardemeister K. Al Qassimi
Munchi's Ford WRT Ford Focus WRC L. Perez Companc J.-P. Raies
Expert Ford (?) Ford Focus WRC H. Solberg J.-M. Latvala (?)
Stobart VK M-Sport Ford (?) Ford Focus WRC M. Wilson

It shows Expert ford with two cars and only one stobart car. this is confusing.. Something to ponder perhaps?

Tomi
25th December 2006, 14:09
i dont think J-M's car will be sponsored by Expert, if he drives Stobart in all events, its with some other sponsor.

(expert sales has dropped in Finland by 17% last month)

Captain VXR
25th December 2006, 18:15
Four Ford teams - thats a bit OTT :crazy:

DonJippo
25th December 2006, 20:23
i dont think J-M's car will be sponsored by Expert, if he drives Stobart in all events, its with some other sponsor.

(expert sales has dropped in Finland by 17% last month)

JML will drive under Tuuri colours, means that Vesa is selling better than Expert ;)

Wim_Impreza
31st December 2006, 09:41
Info about Belgian champion Pieter Tsjoen (Ford Focus WRC'05):

As-tu des infos pour 2007 avec un programme approximatif ?

La saison 2007 sera chargée au début de l'année avec le déménagement de mon usine.
Mais Deutschland , Catalunya et Ireland son sur le programme en WRC
Puis Ypres avec une S2000 où Eddy ne veux pas rouler !

Translation in English: Do you have infos about your programme in 2007?

The season 2007 should change in the begin of the year with the reorganisation of my oncle.
But Germany, Catalunya and Ireland are in the program in the WRC.
I will do Ypres with a S2000 or Eddy (Chevaillier, his co-pilot) will not co-driving.

Source: pietertsjoen.be

Tom206wrc
31st December 2006, 14:20
Four Ford teams - thats a bit OTT :crazy:

It's ransom of success when you have the best current cars of the WRC !! :p :

alleskids
31st December 2006, 16:20
edit": sorry

kiil
2nd January 2007, 10:35
I am glad Citroen sticked to the original Citroen red/white colours, instead of the red/orange test colour scheme. Hopefully the C4 WRC will be homologated before 1-1-2007, so that Kronos' MT2 can use it halfway 2007, when Citroen Sport will have a 2007 homologation.

It seems like Citroen has homologated the Citroen in december:

A5702 C4 VTS 2.0i 16V – 1'999.52cc Début d'Homol. 01.12.2006 Fin : 2013

So we might see Kronos using the C4 as well...

Captain VXR
2nd January 2007, 13:02
Which would mean the Xsaras would be available to privateers :up:

Simmi
2nd January 2007, 13:05
They already are available to privateers and have been for a few seasons now.

HaCo
2nd January 2007, 14:46
Wim_Impreza,
Apparantly Tsjoen will not be out to get another belgian title? It's nice to see him in some WRC rallys, I think he has the potential to be the fastest Ford driver, without the M1 team of course... :D