PDA

View Full Version : Force India - McLaren engines from 09 or 10?

Powered by Cosworth
8th October 2008, 07:36
Watch this space ;)

SGWilko
8th October 2008, 08:36
Are McLaren moving into the motive power business now, or will Force India have to settle for Mercedes units? ;)

Powered by Cosworth
9th October 2008, 08:24
Are McLaren moving into the motive power business now, or will Force India have to settle for Mercedes units? ;)

Yeah, Mercedes engines :p

It's pretty much a certainty for the next season or 2010 for sure.

PolePosition_1
9th October 2008, 08:41
Yeah, Mercedes engines :p

It's pretty much a certainty for the next season or 2010 for sure.

What you basing this on ?

Powered by Cosworth
9th October 2008, 08:53
What you basing this on ?

Insider Knowledge.

ArrowsFA1
9th October 2008, 12:12
Mercedes-Benz and McLaren are in advanced talks with Force India about an engine supply and technical cooperation deal for next year, autosport.com has learned.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71239

MAX_THRUST
9th October 2008, 12:20
Blows that other thread out of the water...

Be good for Scotland and young Paul

Dave B
9th October 2008, 12:38
It does on the surface appear to pave the way for a kind of McLaren "B-team", a potential environment in which to nurture engineering and driving talent.

Who'll give me odds on Karun Chandhok and Paul di Resta for 2009? ;)

CNR
9th October 2008, 12:49
how far from a custemer car is this ? engine supply and technical cooperation deal or is this just for the engine

Robinho
9th October 2008, 13:19
Merc engine, Vijays billions, McLaren "technical assistance", Di Resta and Chandock - i would like to see that show, i think they'd be worrying red bull, toyota and Honda quite a bit

jens
9th October 2008, 14:41
I don't think Chandhok will race in 2009. Fisi and Sutil have been more or less confirmed for next year, but if this deal with MB becomes a reality, then probably one of current drivers (more probably Fisi) will make room for di Resta.

However, is this a good idea to change engine supplier so shortly before the next season, when the construction of new cars has reached quite far already?

V12
9th October 2008, 15:35
It's looking like they'll soon be running the same engines as McLaren. And everyone else for that matter.

CNR
12th October 2008, 14:26
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=96568

i can not see this being redbull toro rosso or williams

A deal to see Mercedes engines and other McLaren support could be in place with a customer team in the "next few days", Ron Dennis said at Fuji Speedway.
Speculation on the verge of the Japanese grand prix this weekend suggests the Woking based team is in detailed talks with Force India, and perhaps another private team, about a collaboration for 2009.

harsha
12th October 2008, 15:31
would Williams want to stick with Toyota engines or the Mercedes Engines... :?:

Good for Force India if they get the Mercedes Power