PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais to Renault?

MDS
7th October 2008, 00:37
Rumors are beginning to surface that Sebastian Bourdais might be going to Renault. I think everyone considers him talented, but is having trouble adapting to the STR chassis. Renault would give SeBass an upgrade and possibly a car that is better suited to his driving style.

ShiftingGears
7th October 2008, 01:00
Frankly, Bourdais' problem is that Vettel can adapt to a wider range of settings, and feel comfortable with them, than Bourdais can. Bourdais admitted this. Why Bourdais should be offered a better car based on "he struggled because the car didn't suit him, but worked for the other driver" is not a good argument at all.

Having said that, he would have been better than Piquet in this years Renault. He has shown potential this year. But I doubt he'll be at Renault.

Hawkmoon
7th October 2008, 01:49
Renault might consider him if they want to give Alonso a No.2 who won't threaten him. Bourdais is also French which would be a hit with the folks in France.

Piquet is done, stick a fork in him. The question is whether Renault wan't to blood a rookie for the third year in a row or have grown tired of fixing broken cars. Whilst I agree that Bourdais hasn't done much to deserve a significant car upgrade I think he has done enough to warrant a continued drive in F1 and No.2 role might be a good fit for him.

truefan72
7th October 2008, 02:32
Renault might consider him if they want to give Alonso a No.2 who won't threaten him. Bourdais is also French which would be a hit with the folks in France.

Piquet is done, stick a fork in him. The question is whether Renault wan't to blood a rookie for the third year in a row or have grown tired of fixing broken cars. Whilst I agree that Bourdais hasn't done much to deserve a significant car upgrade I think he has done enough to warrant a continued drive in F1 and No.2 role might be a good fit for him.

Bourdais isn't going to be an F1 rookie next year and will have had a good look at all the circuits. His track record is that he improves over time and given decent machinery is capable of producing decent results.

The STR chasis and engine package is probably better than the Renault combination at the moment. I also don't like Flavio's managment style when it comes to anybody except Alonso. But if Renault can improve their engine somehow and find a little bit of pace, then he will be given a very relaible car that should finish in the top 10 very often.

If he stays at STR I'd be ok with it, if he moves to renault, I won't mind that either.

Hawkmoon
7th October 2008, 03:44
Bourdais isn't going to be an F1 rookie next year and will have had a good look at all the circuits. His track record is that he improves over time and given decent machinery is capable of producing decent results.

The STR chasis and engine package is probably better than the Renault combination at the moment. I also don't like Flavio's managment style when it comes to anybody except Alonso. But if Renault can improve their engine somehow and find a little bit of pace, then he will be given a very relaible car that should finish in the top 10 very often.

If he stays at STR I'd be ok with it, if he moves to renault, I won't mind that either.

I may have worded it poorly but I was trying to say that Renault may be tired of rookies and will give Bourdais a look because he isn't a rookie and he's French and he's not fast enough to trouble Alonso.

I agree with you opinion of Flavio's style. It stinks.

aryan
7th October 2008, 04:14
I may have worded it poorly but I was trying to say that Renault may be tired of rookies and will give Bourdais a look because he isn't a rookie and he's French and he's not fast enough to trouble Alonso.

I agree with you opinion of Flavio's style. It stinks.

I actually think Bourdais 2009 would give Alonso a run for his money.

Bourdais, by all accounts, has been unlucky this year. He's also been in a team who are not his most ardent fans. He not only deserves a place in F1, he will be a top name in the future.

A move to Renault would be good for all sides involved.

Besides, it will make us get rid of that clown whose name is Piquet.

CNR
7th October 2008, 06:45
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129802
the bmw door is shut

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iR5ygZVXuxgulJUInbAD3ijoJTjQ

jens
7th October 2008, 09:22
IIRC a year ago there existed rumours like Alonso wanted to see Fisichella as his team-mate for 2008 in Renault. Well, Flavio should have listened to him. :p :

It would be funny indeed if Renault hired a rookie for the third year in a row (di Grassi for 2009). It looks like after previous successes (MS & Alonso) Flavio is trying to find a third superstar too and hence is giving chances to all kinds of youngsters to see if one of them really turns out to be a great driver. After all, if di Grassi gets a chance for 2009, then I have a serious presentiment that in 2010 we will see yet another rookie at Renault - Grosjean! :p : Can't see that guy never getting a chance in F1.