PDA

View Full Version : STCC Manufacturers

markf8691
5th October 2008, 13:01
Hey I have been watching the STCC for a couple of years now but still unsure what teams are actually factory backed manufacturers teams?Can anybody please list which official manufacturers are involved in the stcc?

markf8691
5th October 2008, 16:41
Ok from reading other websites, Chevrolet is a factory team/manufacturer, ran by Chevrolet Scandanavia.

What about the rest, anybody?

VkmSpouge
5th October 2008, 18:43
I would take a guess and say Volvo Olsbergs Racing and Honda Racing are works teams. Not sure about West Coast Racing as they are listed as BMW Dealer Team, though that could mean something similar to Mat Jackson in the BTCC this year.

Eurotech
6th October 2008, 18:26
Is the Saab a works entry?

Jon411
6th October 2008, 21:39
The Hondas are not works - as they did the ETC Cup last year and look to be doing it again this year.

Looking at the car stickers in the STCC game - the Honda, SEAT and West Coast Racing all carry dealer team on their cars.

The Chevrolet is also not a works car (it was also in the WTCC at Monza as an Independent), neither is the Peugeot and the Audi definitely isn't - as Audi pulled the funding from it.

I think Volvo may be the only full manufacturer in the STCC (I don't know what the deal is with Saab)