PDA

View Full Version : Audi win Petit Le Mans!

rob01
5th October 2008, 10:29
how amazing is the result considering where the no.1 Audi was at the start?!
2 laps down from the off due to repair work being carried out after a crash before the start and going onto win, what a performance!
well done Capello, McNish and Pirro!!

the crash involving the Intersport Lola, Flying Lizard Porsche and the AGR Acura of Frank Montagny looked pretty scary.
the speed the Porsche hit the Lola was massive but noone was hurt.

wedge
5th October 2008, 14:44
Congratulations to the #1 Audi crew superb win.

Great scrap in P1. :up:

Some huge shunts yesterday looked awful.

FormerFF
5th October 2008, 14:46
Yep, that was a wild one. It seemed that most of the incidents were single car events. We've had almost no rain in the last three weeks, so I imagine that the track was pretty slippery.

harvick#1
5th October 2008, 15:16
think for the first time, Audi and Peugeot seemed to be equal, it was a great battle

how about the Penske Porsche 1-2-3 in LMP2

F1boat
5th October 2008, 17:42
Fantastic for Audi - the race, the whole year, amazing.

AndyRAC
6th October 2008, 08:45
Certainly dramatic. Peugeot a little unlucky, seemed the fastest car but disrupted by the SCar periods. As great a drive from the No1 Audi was, they were helped enormously by the numerous SC periods. Just proves that in Endurance racing, tactics and/or luck are a huge factor - not just outright speed.

Mark in Oshawa
7th October 2008, 01:44
Andy....as someone who has seen those Audi's at Mosport...believe me...they have the speed to make up for lost ground at places like Mosport or Road Atlanta. It is in the extra pit stops they have to take that the p2's get closer. That said...it is impressive they had to deal with Peugeot and win....

V12
9th October 2008, 12:53
I saw the whole thing live on Motors TV, and I have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. It certainly beat the hell out of the motor racing I watched the previous weekend, it was some spec-series racing in Singapore or somewhere like that.