PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR's new website

cgs
2nd February 2007, 14:02
what do you think to nascar.com's new look? at first glance i like it. foudn it hard to navigate at first, but i'm getting to grips with it,.

Smilieangel489
2nd February 2007, 17:55
It's got a lot going on and it's cluttered, but I will get used to it I guess.

RaceFanStan
2nd February 2007, 18:51
I like it ! It seems high tech & I like all the clickable links. :D

Jonesi
2nd February 2007, 23:14
what do you think to nascar.com's new look? at first glance i like it. foudn it hard to navigate at first, but i'm getting to grips with it,.

Needs work. Go to print the new cup schedule, it's labeled 2007 but its 2006. There's flashing stuff all over the screen, as my browser tries to figure out what to do with it. I wish these sites would let you click an option to turn all the video crap off. I hope the standardize where the links for qualifing times, starting grid, race results will be.

Sparky1329
3rd February 2007, 04:24
I'm not crazy about it. It's too cluttered. Track Smack is now on three pages. The old format was easier to navigate IMO.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd February 2007, 07:52
It was always cluttered...this version is worse. Most racing series websites are just too much crap....

JasonD
3rd February 2007, 14:35
NASCARs website has always sucked, they fail to realize the simple rules of usability.
It looks better than the old 99'esque version but still, why the hell do you have the video automatically playing when I hit the homepage?

princess4e
3rd February 2007, 16:21
Don't care for it......for one thing it takes far to long to download.

TexasRaceLady
3rd February 2007, 16:52
I refuse to go to the main page --- way too much crap. I've bookmarked the "News" page --- much simpler.

call_me_andrew
3rd February 2007, 20:52
You guys are nuts. The new page looks great. Granted, it does look better with the fire wall on, but I like it.

Erki
3rd February 2007, 20:56
Isn't it funny how NASCAR cars are low-tech but the website is ultra-hyper-tech? :p :

princess4e
4th February 2007, 01:51
I refuse to go to the main page --- way too much crap. I've bookmarked the "News" page --- much simpler.

Good idea....gonna change mine.

kelloggs5TLfan
4th February 2007, 02:36

Excellent idea. :)

djarumdudley
4th February 2007, 05:06
meh, i much prefered the previous site. 'hyper-tech' or whatever it now looks like most any other popular news sites to me. at least the last edition has a unique look to it and, to me, at least easier to navigate. perhaps i just don't like change.

jeffmr2
5th February 2007, 22:55
I just cant get on with this new site at all,i'm finding it way to cluttered and difficult to find youre way around.I used to check this site everyday under the old format but this is so bad i may have to get nascar news from another source.

Georgeboi999
5th February 2007, 23:04
They should have 2 site formats

TexasRaceLady
6th February 2007, 21:06
I just cant get on with this new site at all,i'm finding it way to cluttered and difficult to find youre way around.I used to check this site everyday under the old format but this is so bad i may have to get nascar news from another source.

Try this

http://www.nascar.com/news/

jeffmr2
6th February 2007, 21:44
Try this

http://www.nascar.com/news/

Thanks that helps and saves loads of time.

Erki
6th February 2007, 22:12
It looks like site designer wanted to show what all s/he's got and crammed all the good stuff into one site. Simplicity would be much better.