PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham 2008

Gasman#99
4th October 2008, 17:17
I was just wondering if rockingham actually missed us this year as much as we missed it. Since spliting from the puts i hear the "paying customers" numbers have dropped off and was told by a family member that was there last week only 40 odd people were there last weekend, when i say odd i mean 40+ not odd people! could this be because paying public came to see a great racing package of Puts and ascars, or for other reasons, i for one miss being on the oval and know alot of people that would pay to come back and see a whole days racing on the oval.

darknessrock
4th October 2008, 18:06
There was more than 40.. not many more tho! I personally am an oval racing fan, and would love to see the "thunder sundays" back, but as it stands at the moment, i'll pay my £15, watch 1 (brilliant) PUT race on the oval, then get back in time for tea! Sadly, after talking to people on sunday, the general feeling was.. if they only get this many people here for a race meeting, the place will be bulldozed and replaced with a housing estate!

Speedworx
4th October 2008, 19:15
BTCC gets decent crowd sizes at Rockingham.

F3/GT isn't all that special (but then no f3/gt event is)

I'm not surprised the crowd size was low last weekend. Better stuff on tv to watch (ie singapore gp). Plus pick ups on their own with crappy support classes isn't my idea of a good day out.

Tractorboy.
4th October 2008, 20:17
the truth is pick ups need the ascars and ascars need the pick ups on the same package, they also need a good series to back them up maybe legends or the alfa series something with loads of numbers so you don't get bored of waiting an age for them to get back round! seeing f3 racing on the oval would be a damn good package to.

The Pits!
5th October 2008, 10:53
seeing f3 racing on the oval would be a damn good package too. until they hit the wall - which they would! :eek:

acorn
5th October 2008, 16:43
the truth is pick ups need the ascars and ascars need the pick ups on the same package, they also need a good series to back them up maybe legends or the alfa series something with loads of numbers so you don't get bored of waiting an age for them to get back round! seeing f3 racing on the oval would be a damn good package to.

couldn't agree more. with regard to the f3s, the german ats f3s did 2 meetings on the eurospeedway oval in '05 and '06 and seemed to put on some cracking(apologies to joey foster) racing but they have now reverted to all road courses. are the brit f3s whimps or snobs or are they so focused on F1 that they can't see that a multi discipline cv could open some doors in the usa.