PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Bourdais linked with Renault Formula 1 switch

CNR
2nd October 2008, 10:35
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7330&Itemid=219

PolePosition_1
2nd October 2008, 10:47
Its not really a reliable source, there isn't much in that article to suggest this is true. However I do think Bourdais deserves a second year in F1, and I do believe he could excel in a better car.

PolePosition_1
2nd October 2008, 10:47
Its not really a reliable source, there isn't much in that article to suggest this is true. However I do think Bourdais deserves a second year in F1, and I do believe he could excel in a better car.

Tallgeese
2nd October 2008, 13:26
Wouldn't surprise me, Renault would love to have a Frenchman on & 4-ChampCar titles under his belt are impressive. All things considered he's done a reasonable job for Toro Rosso, & had it not been for his stalling at Monza he would have been a top six finisher. Let's not forget, Melbourne was a guaranteed 4th place until an engine failure, & Spa was a last minute fumble, so in retrospect he's about ten points short of his actual potential. While 14 points may not seem impressive, one must not forget that in Singapore he had to deal with a difficult car, & I suspect that Toro Rosso are leaning more towards Vettel & not giving Bourdais enough attention. All that being said, he doesn't get along with Flavio Briatore, but to face off with Alonso would be interesting.

inimitablestoo
2nd October 2008, 17:40
The news that Briatore's being given a "revised role" for next year (less hands-on, essentially) could remove that obstacle, but unless Alonso moves elsewhere I don't see Renault picking Bourdais over di Grassi, who seems to be being talked about increasingly as a 2009 F1 driver. Certainly Bourdais deserves another season, and has had the misfortune to encounter one of F1's potential superstars as a team-mate this year; alongside Liuzzi or Buemi, for instance, he may well have looked a lot better.

spike
2nd October 2008, 20:12
At Monza Toro Rosso changed his steering wheel after the formation lap, and when he tried to leave the grid for the safety car start, he couldn’t get a gear. He lost a lap before he was able to start from the pit lane, but ultimately set second fastest lap on his way to 18th. Race winner Sebastian Vettel only set the 14th fastest lap.

I think Toro Rosso support 100% Vettel, and Bourdais is not a RedBull investment like Vettel!