PDA

View Full Version : snowmobile questions

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 12:43
Hello my name is Stian Henriksen and I`m from norway.
Me and some of my friends riding snowmobiles, and we are quite good.
So I had a crazy plan, what if we caught it on tape and start a production of it?
Remember that its not so much snow in Norway so it wouldn`t be a new "slednecks" if you know what that is.
I have a new consept

The movie will be great, but it cost much to make a movie like this, and I know that people in Norway will buy it, but will anyone buy it in America?
the movie will be cheap around (7dollars), and since I have made much good movies I have the equipment.

So my questions is:

Whould you buy a norwegian snowmobile movie?

(I know that its a tought question, but I have know)

Thank you for reading, and sorry about my bad english, i promise that It will be better in the movie.

Mark
1st October 2008, 12:57
No idea about America, as I don't live there. But I think the answer is no, people would not pay for it. Just look at the amount of stuff available on YouTube, for FREE and you are wanting to charge? It's not going to work I think.

Garry Walker
1st October 2008, 13:03
Unfortunately this "get-rich scheme nr.23673" is another one that is not going anywhere.

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 13:17
hehe, well this is not like the youtube thing, its a diffrent consept.

Garry Walker
1st October 2008, 13:28
hehe, well this is not like the youtube thing, its a diffrent consept.

It is a movie, without being a movie?

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 13:35
HEHE, its a movie, but not in the typical youtube way.

Dave B
1st October 2008, 14:00
If it's any good it'll end up on YouTube and torrent sites within hours of release anyway.

Daniel
1st October 2008, 14:08
These guys know nothing. I'd pay handsomely for such a thing so PM me, i'm a prolific investor in there sorts of things :p

Tomi
1st October 2008, 14:19
Same here, i would buy atleast 20 copies but the drivers has to have more skill than the norwegian rally drivers has.

Daniel
1st October 2008, 14:25
Same here, i would buy atleast 20 copies but the drivers has to have more skill than the norwegian rally drivers has.
Boring! Who wants to see highly skilled drivers driving as fast as they can?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I want to see guys who are crap at driving, have lots of crashes and so on :p

Dave B
1st October 2008, 14:31
These guys know nothing. I'd pay handsomely for such a thing so PM me, i'm a prolific investor in there sorts of things :p
I'll tell you where I am. It's not an investment opportunity, so for that reason I'm out.

Mark
1st October 2008, 14:34
What's your revenue projection for years 1, 2 and 3?

Daniel
1st October 2008, 14:39
What's your revenue projection for years 1, 2 and 3?
First tell him what experience you can bring to his business :p

Daniel
1st October 2008, 14:43
I'll tell you where I am. It's not an investment opportunity, so for that reason I'm out.

By not convincing Dave Brockman that his business is a viable investment opportunity Raipasfilms has already lost one Dragon. Will any of the remaining dragons see promise in his business based around short films? Mark tries to get things back on track by asking Raipasfilms about his business projections...... *cue dragons Den music* :p

Daniel
1st October 2008, 14:43
Bollocks!!!! I've got a PM :mark: :rotflmao:

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 14:44

Im laghting to death, no problem Solberg sucks anyway :p
I miss gronnholm:P

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 14:51
Hehe, funny guys here?

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 15:17
First tell him what experience you can bring to his business :p
well I had a apointment with a norwegian TV channel.
They loved my film and director skills but when I started to talk about snowmobiles in my consept they was not intereseted anymore. :p

I have been in contact wit some of the best drivers in the world, one of them is Dane Ferguson!

jim mcglinchey
1st October 2008, 15:55
I'll buy that for seven dollars. My favourite movie is Diehard 2 and my favouriye scene is the bit where Diehard is chasing Major Grants bad guys on the snowmobiles and Diehard doesnt realise that hes shooting blanks. Its brilliant!

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 21:30
I'll buy that for seven dollars. My favourite movie is Diehard 2 and my favouriye scene is the bit where Diehard is chasing Major Grants bad guys on the snowmobiles and Diehard doesnt realise that hes shooting blanks. Its brilliant!

Thank you for the suport!

Easy Drifter
1st October 2008, 21:56
A good snowmobile movie would probaly sell in Canada. We are snowmobile crazy (it was invented here) and it is used commercialy, for getting around in the far north and for fun. The army uses them in the north and most police forces outside of the cities have snowmobile units. There are thousands of miles of dedicated snowmobile trails and multi clubs. The clubs would likely buy a good film as would some of the resorts that cater to snowmobiles and winter sports.
Many of the northern US States are the same.

Raipasfilms
1st October 2008, 22:00
A good snowmobile movie would probaly sell in Canada. We are snowmobile crazy (it was invented here) and it is used commercialy, for getting around in the far north and for fun. The army uses them in the north and most police forces outside of the cities have snowmobile units. There are thousands of miles of dedicated snowmobile trails and multi clubs. The clubs would likely buy a good film as would some of the resorts that cater to snowmobiles and winter sports.
Many of the northern US States are the same.

Interesting :)
I have been in contact with a american/Canadian team before.
I will send you a free copy of the film when its done in 2009!
PM me with the adress if you are interested