PDA

View Full Version : Berger coy on driver announcement

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 02:40
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=242443&FS=F1

Berger coy on driver announcement

Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger isn't giving anything away about the team's 2007 racers...

Q: Robert Doornbos has been confirmed by Red Bull as a test driver for 2007, so we can now say Tonio Liuzzi and Scott Speed for next year?

Gerhard Berger: No, we are going to announce our drivers when we are ready.

Q: So when? GB: We are not ready yet. In some moment during the next weeks.

Q: Why are you waiting so long? GB: Because we are still having certain things to sort out and we are still not ready to announce our drivers.

Q: Where would you like to be, reasonably, at the end of this year with your team?

GB: First I would like to be able to be again ahead of Super Aguri and Spyker. That's the first goal. But then it would great to compete with the cars in front of us, whoever they are - Williams, Toyota, ... [/font]

Q: How beneficial will it be for you to have a Ferrari engine and a car designed with the help of Newey?

GB: Well, let's see it this way, everything we were preparing for next year is coming nicely together and I believe we should have a good car, but we don't know yet, we have to wait until the car is finished.

Q: You were a great Ferrari and McLaren man. Who do you see better: Fernando Alonso with McLaren or Kimi Raikkonen with Ferrari?

GB: It's completely open. I think we are going to see a great championship, definitely a big fight between Kimi and Fernando, the two best drivers in the two best teams. It's going to be very interesting.

ratonmacias
2nd February 2007, 02:47
maybe a french speaking driver that has won championships before is in the cards.

ArrowsFA1
2nd February 2007, 10:43
I'd hard to see any reason for the delay unless they're planning on changing one or both of their current drivers.

I wonder how negotiations are going with Carl Haas :eek: What are the odds of Bourdais and Speed swopping seats any time now?

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 14:06
maybe a french speaking driver that has won championships before is in the cards.

:laugh: Or perhaps a Spanish speaking driver from Colombia that has not?

Rudy Tamasz
2nd February 2007, 14:12

Winning F3000 and Champ Car titles sure does qualify as winning championships.

Placid
2nd February 2007, 14:23
Wonder when the STR2 will be launched?

I believe is the day when they will have their drivers.

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 14:27
Winning F3000 and Champ Car titles sure does qualify as winning championships.

We must be alluding to a different Colombian. :)

ratonmacias
2nd February 2007, 19:20

im lost the only good colombian driver that i know of is jpm and he clearly stated that he was contacted by str and that he isnt interested.

captin 1 VXR
2nd February 2007, 19:43
maybe phill bennett will be in it .... only joking

maybe x the t s and . over the i s ..

but after spyker problem on signing

agwiii
4th February 2007, 17:17
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114374