PDA

View Full Version : Massa drive through penalty for unsafe pit release?

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 11:03
Been looking over the forum this morning, and ain't found any topics regarding fact that Massa got penalised for an unsafe release.

Whats your thoughts on this?

How was this incident different from Valencia?

Why is it that different penalties applied to incredibly similar incidents?

Tell me your thoughts...

ioan
29th September 2008, 11:22
Been discussed in other topics.

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 12:02
Been discussed in other topics.

My apologies, I did have a fair look but didn't really see it discussed in depth.

Daniel
29th September 2008, 12:04
Simple. The FIA weren't as biased yesterday. Well it's what you wanted to hear.....

ioan
29th September 2008, 12:41
My apologies, I did have a fair look but didn't really see it discussed in depth.

You mean there was not enough FIA bashing involved? No FiArrari or Ferrari Intrenational Asiistance?

Come on, give it a brake for once.

MAX_THRUST
29th September 2008, 12:46
No I agree what was different Ioan?

Oh yes the FIA have been accused of being unfair and now they have to play fair, tough aint it!!!!

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 12:54
Well yes, I do think the issue has been slightly overlooked. And I think this is an opportunity to bash the authorities into doing something about the inconsistancies. Or at least explanation of their decisions.

Massa gained no advantage in same way as in Valencia, the reason for not penalising him, yet yesterday they decided to penalise him.

All due respect, have a pop at me if you like, but personally, I think people should be calling for a change in the Stewarding system, its a total farce. At minimum, make them justify the reasoning behind it.

How is a team meant to know what is allowed and not, when we have two incidents here, very similar, and penalised totally different?

I think we should bash the autorities, its a joke, and its affecting the championship.

29th September 2008, 13:00
I think we should bash the autorities, its a joke, and its affecting the championship.

Every sport has decisions by the authorities affecting the championship.

It's a part of sport.

ioan
29th September 2008, 13:05
No I agree what was different Ioan?

That he actually impeded Sutil this time around, while in Valencia he never got in the path of Sutil?
Nah it can't be it's way to logical. :rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
29th September 2008, 13:39

It's a part of sport.
Agreed, but that doesn't mean that poor or inconsistent decisions should be accepted and nothing done to eliminate them wherever possible.

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 13:44

It's a part of sport.

Yes, but its not what sport is about, if inconsistancies can be eliminated, they should be.

The current system, I wouldn't really classify as satisfactory.

Are you satisfied with the current stewarding system?

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 13:45
That he actually impeded Sutil this time around, while in Valencia he never got in the path of Sutil?
Nah it can't be it's way to logical. :rolleyes:

See, thats perfect Ioan, that is exactly the thing I'm looking for. What you say makes perfect sense. Surely its reasonable that the Stewards should justify their punishment in same way you have done just then. That way we know what is acceptable and what is not.

Don't you agree?

ioan
29th September 2008, 13:56
See, thats perfect Ioan, that is exactly the thing I'm looking for. What you say makes perfect sense. Surely its reasonable that the Stewards should justify their punishment in same way you have done just then. That way we know what is acceptable and what is not.

Don't you agree?

Yes we agree!
We also see now why I'm never gona be a FIA steward. because I justify things while they never do it (also because they aren't required to do it publicly, only to the teams involved).

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 14:01
Yes we agree!
We also see now why I'm never gona be a FIA steward. because I justify things while they never do it (also because they aren't required to do it publicly, only to the teams involved).

Aw I wasn't aware of this. The Stewards actually justify their reasons to the teams involved? Can you confirm this for me (a source would be great :) )?

ioan
29th September 2008, 14:59
The Stewards actually justify their reasons to the teams involved? Can you confirm this for me (a source would be great :) )?

Common sense? Otherwise it wouldn't be accepted by any of the teams. Did you ever hear them say that they do not know why they were penalized?

29th September 2008, 15:03
Yes, but its not what sport is about, if inconsistancies can be eliminated, they should be.

The current system, I wouldn't really classify as satisfactory.

Are you satisfied with the current stewarding system?

Yes I am.

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 15:16
Yes I am.

Lol thats fair enough. Personally, I'm not satisfied that one driver does something and doesn't get penalised, and another driver can do exactly the same thing, and does get penalised, and the stewards don't even have to justify their decisions. It goes against fairness. If your satisfied thats not much more we can say on this issue.

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 15:19
Common sense? Otherwise it wouldn't be accepted by any of the teams. Did you ever hear them say that they do not know why they were penalized?

I realise that they say what the penality is for, but they don't justify it, thats what I'd like to see. For example, official Hamilton got penalised for not using the track, and going off. Well technically that means every driver who goes 4 wheels off track should be penalised. But we (or anyone) can question that forcing them to justify and give a full explanation.

Surely everyone would like the stewards to justify their decisions.

Knock-on
29th September 2008, 15:51
I realise that they say what the penality is for, but they don't justify it, thats what I'd like to see. For example, official Hamilton got penalised for not using the track, and going off. Well technically that means every driver who goes 4 wheels off track should be penalised. But we (or anyone) can question that forcing them to justify and give a full explanation.

Surely everyone would like the stewards to justify their decisions.

I totally agree.

There is no transparity or consistency it seems.

Even when they do deliver a consistant judgement (ie the Stop/Go's) then they do it in such a way that the effect of them is negated by the time it's taken to issue a standard penalty.

555-04Q2
29th September 2008, 15:52
It was a very unsafe pit release this time round. Ferrari need to scrap their STUPID automated pit system and get a lolipop man back in the pit crew. Someone is going to get killed if they carry on with the automated system :down: