PDA

View Full Version : How would modify the Marina Bay Street Circuit?

FIA
28th September 2008, 22:08
How would modify the Marina Bay Street Circuit?

I would:-
Start/Finish Straight: change both the pit lane entry and exit
Turn 1: fine, accept sort out pit lane exit
Turn 2: fine
Turn 3: fine
Turn 4: fine
Turn 5: fine
Turn 6/Raffles Boulevard: fine keep the bumps
Turn 7: fine
Turn 8: fine it's a good to have a classic street circuit corner
Turn 9: fsort out the kerb coming apart
Turn 10: shave the kerbs, but keep the challenge
Turn 11/Turn 12: maybe tighten it to keep the cars close together
Turn 13: maybe extend and tighten the hairpin to create better overtaking
Esplanade Drive: fine
Turn 14: fine, maybe tighten it though
Turn 15: fine
Turn 16/Turn 17: fine
Turn 18/Turn 19: fine, although get trid of the water barrier
Turn 20/Turn 21: fine
Turn 22/Turn 23: fine, accept sort out pit lane entry

ShiftingGears
29th September 2008, 01:42
I would move it to Imola.

Azumanga Davo
29th September 2008, 05:55
I would move it to Imola.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42048000/jpg/_42048296_extras1.jpg
You 'avin' a laugh? Is 'e 'avin' a laugh?

F1boat
29th September 2008, 07:31
I am happy with it. I wouldn't change anything.

Storm
29th September 2008, 09:38
Its a 5km track but hardly any long straights....It needs a long straight after the complex of slow corners and a couple of fast corners too.

There are only 2 places to pass and one of them is horrible off-line(bumpy and causing all sort of locking up)

wedge
29th September 2008, 12:57
Front stretch/last and first corners/pit entry & exit needs to be modified.

T10 needs reconfiguring

nigelred5
29th September 2008, 13:24
24 turns???? :rolleyes:

inimitablestoo
29th September 2008, 16:53
I'd reconfigure the chicane at Turn 10 but leave the rest untouched - not sure there's an awful lot they can do with the pit lane entry, although it is a concern. I think everyone's agreed for the need to have a slow corner at Turn 10 given the narrow straight that follows and fast approach to it, but this looked like something from a local kart track, not an F1 circuit.

I'd have kept the kerbs that no one liked too, perhaps filed down slightly. After the numpty-friendly kerbs at Spa and Monza we finally had something that discouraged drivers from cutting corners and they all complained about it. Typical... :rolleyes:

nigelred5
30th September 2008, 02:24
Isn't that why they are there in the first place? I agree, it they are too tall, DON'T RUN OVER THEM. The curbs are there to slow them down and make the track safer for a reason..

30th September 2008, 02:50
This whimsy is effort a LOT of onrush on Reich-Wing receiver and the blogs. I would synoptic to see you fulfill the aforementioned public EQ2 plat (http://www.ugamegold.com/c_EQ2-Sale/) guardianship that you did on the the Boortz/Linder "Fair Tax" scam-revealing the believers as cultus members, and exposing their irrational belief method to the floaty of day.

ShiftingGears
30th September 2008, 06:41
Isn't that why they are there in the first place? I agree, it they are too tall, DON'T RUN OVER THEM. The curbs are there to slow them down and make the track safer for a reason..

I thought the same thing when I read the comments. It wouldn't be a bad thing to put them at other corners. It'd sure reduce chicane cutting.