PDA

View Full Version : Those stupid Santander trophies

FIA
28th September 2008, 21:55
Can ayone explain to me why anyone would allowed Santander to use those stupid trophies. I don't mind maybe thw 2nd and 3rd place drivers getting a sponsored trophy, but not the winner. Lewis in Germany and Sebastian his first race win and he gets a corporate trophy.

P.S sorry if this has already been posted.

blakebeatty
29th September 2008, 01:17
Can ayone explain to me why anyone would allowed Santander to use those stupid trophies. I don't mind maybe thw 2nd and 3rd place drivers getting a sponsored trophy, but not the winner. Lewis in Germany and Sebastian his first race win and he gets a corporate trophy.

P.S sorry if this has already been posted.

apparently (as per bob varsha) this violates the rules, that the trophy, in some capacity, has to resemble a traditional cup.

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2008/ita/f1-2008-ita-xp-0897.jpg

Dave B
29th September 2008, 08:53
We mentioned this while watching the offending ceremonies. Ugly corporate bling that you'd almost be ashamed to display in your trophy cabinet.

I'm all for a variation on the traditional "cups", but they should have some grounding in motorsport: like the stunning Jack Brabham steering wheels used in Australia for example.

ArrowsFA1
29th September 2008, 09:10
Anyone remember the Sega Sonic the Hedgehog trophy awarded at the 1993 European GP. Lovely :laugh:

Storm
29th September 2008, 10:40
Dave, or the Sepang version of the "grandstand" cup.

30th September 2008, 02:51
Braced on your valuate to the production (was it 5 columns in a row nigh Wife Palin lying?)I'd say that cap is pretty low and you may excrete already lineage 2 adena (http://www.ugamegold.com/c_Lineage2-Adena/) exceeded it."Your unfitness to secernate between creating riches for stockholders and employees and creating wealthiness for one's own implementation is implausibly pitiful. "

Areez2006
7th October 2008, 03:40
Anyone remember the Sega Sonic the Hedgehog trophy awarded at the 1993 European GP. Lovely :laugh:

Wow are you serious!? that's crazy...

...In regards to these Santander trophies, I guess it's simply marketing at its best (or worst for F1 fans :rolleyes: )

Donney
7th October 2008, 08:36
I think they look good, but I don't like corporate trophies, I think all the poster in the back the colours and the race name is a good enough exposure, but what do I know.