wedge
28th September 2008, 15:10
Nico and Alonso

F1boat
28th September 2008, 15:10
Fernando Alonso!

yodasarmpit
28th September 2008, 15:12
Alonso, actually I'd say Rosberg, forgot about his penalty.

I am evil Homer
28th September 2008, 15:14
Rosberg....seeing as he had a stop-go penalty. Alonso did brilliantly but had a slice of fortune

gloomyDAY
28th September 2008, 15:16
Alonso

markabilly
28th September 2008, 15:20
In order:
FA thanks to the safety car.
Nico, thanks to the saftey car and some real slow roadblocks like trulli holding up others so he could get clear of the pack when he got back in front, running a huge lead so that the ten second stop and go did not hurt that much

Timo, for getting as high as he got.

Massa for being brilliant until the light went green and the hose did not

Driver of safety car--for giving us an unusual result....

Dave B
28th September 2008, 15:23
Rosberg - had little choice but to pit under SC and recovered brilliantly from his penalty.

samuratt
28th September 2008, 15:25
Fernando above everything else. He was lucky with the SC, but after that he make it all himself. :up:

Tazio
28th September 2008, 15:32
Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred FredFred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred Fred

ShiftingGears
28th September 2008, 15:34
Fernando Alonso.

ArrowsFA1
28th September 2008, 15:36
Split between Fernando & Nico. Both did a great job from their grid positions :up:

Garry Walker
28th September 2008, 15:39
SC driver.

Nikki Katz
28th September 2008, 15:50
Not sure between Alonso and Rosberg, both were pretty much faultless.

VkmSpouge
28th September 2008, 16:07
Tie between Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg. Alonso drove flawlessly and while early on it looked like he had poor strategy his team mate crashed at the right time and Alonso took full advantage of the situation to storm home to victory. Nico Rosberg could have won the race but the safety car happened about one lap too early for him. Both drivers will be delighted with their performances.

Mickey T
28th September 2008, 16:21
i'll give it to alonso, especially if you look at how he cruised along for the 10 laps before the safety car, then punched away again.

i have some perhaps surprising honourable mentions...

DC. drove clean and hard and make hamilton fight extremely hard to get through him at the end. for an old man with failing eyesight and racing well past nursing-home bed times, he did well.

Glock. never put a foot wrong, clean and fast all night.

Vettel. clean and fast. the boy's coming of age.

nakajima. his battle with trulli was worth watching and he didn't give up, eventually sliding through while under pressure from raikkonen (?).

and, obviously, nico. very happy for frank, sam and the crew.

cinnamon33
28th September 2008, 16:59
Fernando

harsha
28th September 2008, 17:02
Rosberg

Whyzars
28th September 2008, 17:08
Alonso drove brilliantly. He was unlucky in qualifying but got lucky in the race as did Rosberg.

That leaves Hamilton as the driver of the day...

truefan72
28th September 2008, 17:10
Alonso

Rosberg is undeserving as he committed an infraction and actually benefited from it.

jens
28th September 2008, 17:14
Despite the luck factor it can't be denied that Alonso and Rosberg as drivers performed brilliantly and used their opportunities perfectly.

But my biased vote goes actually to underrated Timo Glock [ ;) ], who got no benefit from the safety car mess and was on a similar strategies with McLarens, Ferraris, Vettel, BMW, etc - yet he managed to finish second best in this particular group in a relatively difficult weekend for Toyota.

N. Jones
28th September 2008, 17:46
Alonso and Rosberg I think. They both benefited by the safety car and strategy.

Robinho
28th September 2008, 20:14
tough call between Nico and Fernando, i'll call a joint win for them this week

jso1985
28th September 2008, 20:22
Not saying Alonso and Rosberg deserved their results, they got some luck(but in the end everyone does...)

But my biased vote goes to Timo Glock, not benefited from the SC and yet another great race

Triumph
29th September 2008, 04:36
Lewis Hamilton for extending his championship lead under some pleasantly karmic circumstances.

Nice drive by Alonso and Rosberg, but some of it was down to luck. I suppose everyone deserves some of that every once in a while though.

:)

ioan
29th September 2008, 07:48
It's a tie between Alonso and Rosberg for me.

PolePosition_1
29th September 2008, 09:13
Alonso, I'm an Alonso fan, so will try not to let that cloud my judgement.

But I honestly wasn't expecting Alonso to win after the first SC, despite good track position. I watch the races with the live timing, and albeit quick, didn't seem to have the pace, but as soon as Fisichella pitted in, and he had a free track, his lap times were incredibly fast. He was matching the pace of Massa and Hamilton during first phase of the race, which is why I'd make him driver of the day, for matching that kind of pace, in what was a good car, was not as fast as a McLaren or Ferrari.

Rosberg, while I can understand why people choose him, even without his penalty, I don't think he'd have been able to win. A classic confirmation of this was after the second SC, where Alonso's 20s lead had evaporated, he sped off at 2.5s a lap faster than Rosberg.

It makes it very questionable as to whether Alonso should stay at Renault or BMW, maybe wait see if this pace is real pace, or whether it was purely suited to Singapore, if its carried over in the following races, you'd have to question whether he would be right in staying at Renault another year.

I was a very proud Alonso fan yesterday.

Interesting fact I noticed, Alonso has won 20 races out of 118, Damon Hill won 21 races in 117 races.

Storm
29th September 2008, 09:35
I like Alonso too and he got a chunk of luck, but still was flawless in the race and managed to pass the Trulli wagon and for keeping the title race alive I pick him....great drive by Nico Rosberg too

longisland
29th September 2008, 12:36
The glory goes to Fred & Nico but I think Lewis is the real winner today.