PDA

View Full Version : F1 Testing Prices

GridGirl
1st February 2007, 19:06
I was browsing Silverstone's website today for details of the pre-British Grand Prix test dates and they now appear to be charging £10 to attend this year.

I didnt go last year, but every other year I've been its always been free. I've always facied a winter break to go see testing in Spain or Italyetc. Do circuits charge for spectators to go watch F1 testing?

I can't work out whether this is a normal thing that circuits do these days or whther Silverstone have just realised its a good way to cash in with all the excitement about Button and Hamilton these days.

andreag
1st February 2007, 19:42
In Spain, Valencia charges 5 euro, Jerez 3 euro, and Montmelo 5 euro for regular admission, and 30 for the admission plus a tour of the briefing room, press room, control tower, podium, paddock and on the track services, as well as a bag with gifts.

Allyc85
2nd February 2007, 20:15
i dont think you can blame silverstone for charging a small fee. It has to cost a fair bit hiring all the marshalls and you cant expect the teams to foot the bill, when they probably dont care if theres people there or not.

captin 1 VXR
3rd February 2007, 08:40
i dont think you can blame silverstone for charging a small fee. It has to cost a fair bit hiring all the marshalls and you cant expect the teams to foot the bill, when they probably dont care if theres people there or not.

fia pay for the test so marshalls are payed for buy fia .

and resson for the fee is for them to cut down the numbers of fans going . :eek:

Simmi
3rd February 2007, 12:52
Its worth paying a little bit for, even if it was just for parking. I went to Silverstone testing last year and I thought the whole thing was too good to be true.

GridGirl
4th February 2007, 22:01
Motor News claim SIlverstone say the additional charge is to pay for addtion people to help run the facilities etc.

I doubt the charge is to cut the number of people going, its hardly going to affect my decision to go or not. I dont think £10 is too much to pay, especially for familieis who might not want to pay alot of money to take thier 2.4 kids along to the GP. I wouldnt want to pay much more than £10, testing does get a bit boring after an hour or so, and the atmosphere is no where near as good as an actual GP.

GRAVETT
7th February 2007, 13:43
hi , grandpriximages.com do vip hospitality at f1 test days where you can get into the paddock and pit lane. i was there last year and was in the pitlane and garages of spyker and mclaren as they were running not just the luch break. you are in a full hospitality suite with 3 course lunch free drinks throughout the day, centre parking passes the lot. they are a uk based f1 memorablia store and the owner used to work for jordan doing alot of there merchandising so he has loads of contacts in the paddock. its a fantastic day out im already booked for later on in the year !!

wedge
22nd March 2007, 17:08
Silverstone are offering a hospitality package for just £99.

Pretty much the same as what's mentioned above: centre parking pass, pit/paddock access during pitlane walkabout, free food, hospitality suite.

More info here:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/pdf/F1Testing.pdf

GP-M3
22nd March 2007, 17:54
Are all the testing days going to be one-car like in Malaysia next week, or do the teams run both cars at Silverstone?

wedge
23rd March 2007, 13:40
I wouldn't bother with Tuesday, IMO. Its usually 1 car or shakedowns or the test drivers do the donkey work (no disrespect to test drivers).

Wednesday, Thursday are the days to turn up that's when most of the teams and drivers turn up.