PDA

View Full Version : Pug 207 Touring... Why?

Rollo
26th September 2008, 02:21
Can someone please explain to me the point of this car?

http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/04062007/1216098/RC-%281%29_wa.jpg

I saw one of these bloody things parked outside the bank this morning and although I looked all over to find... the point, after 20 minutes I still failed to do so.

Standard 207 - 270L of boot space. 207 Touring - 337L 270L of boot space. Well that's all good and fine except for A$4300 less you can go to the same dealer and buy a normal 307 and get 341L of boot space. More car, less monet, less chance of looking like a pratt.

Then there's the rear of this car. Ok, so maybe Pug are trying to make the car hold some form of family resemblance, but why oh why oh why (oh why oh why oh why) are they trying to make it look like the already dog ugly 407 Touring. This is the formula - take the front of the 207 which has the face of a dropped pie and marry it to the rear of the 407 Touring which isn't exactly a shrinking violet itself, more like a stinkin' weed.

If you can find the point of this car, please send a postcard... then I can hold it in front of my eyes so I don't have to look at this abomination any more.

leopard
26th September 2008, 03:56
I think it is part of their strategy to make product differentiation, in order to look different they must appear in extreme design.

It reminds me of zoom zoom looking of Mazda Biante which the front and side light spend extreme space from front side to the windshield.

The old Chevrolet impala also didn't have 'A' chasis in between of topside of front and back door, so that the car looks very long. This is one of car in the list I expect in the garage someday.

Azumanga Davo
26th September 2008, 10:17
http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/04062007/1216098/RC-%281%29_wa.jpg
If you can find the point of this car, please send a postcard... then I can hold it in front of my eyes so I don't have to look at this abomination any more.

Competition for the Ssangyong Stavic in 'Raspberry of the Year. ;)

Daniel
26th September 2008, 11:48
Wait till you see a Focus CC (crap cabriolet). Now that's ugly. There are a lot of pointless cars which don't actually fit in anywhere there days.

inimitablestoo
26th September 2008, 15:50
206 SW always sold well; 207 SW (as the Touring is called here) seems to be catching on as well. Given that Renault, Skoda and Mini all sell supermini-based estates, somebody must be buying them... If you need something more practical than a hatchback but not too big, and don't want a Berlingo or similar, they're probably ideal.

I also quite like the look of the 207 SW. Perhaps it's just me :)