PDA

View Full Version : Vitor to Foyt! Thoughts?

16&Gtown
25th September 2008, 17:28
Seems like it makes sense to me. AJ is deffinetly getting the better end of the deal...

The instant classic
25th September 2008, 17:47
i think its a nice fresh start for vitor, you hate to lose a driver like vitor, to nascar or F1, so im glad AJ pick him up befor anyone could

dj420
25th September 2008, 17:54
:) :) :) :)

JasonD
25th September 2008, 19:24
i think its a nice fresh start for vitor, you hate to lose a driver like vitor, to nascar or F1, so im glad AJ pick him up befor anyone could

I seriously doubt there is ANY risk of losing Vitor to NASCAR, Formula1, or even slot cars.

Chris R
25th September 2008, 19:46
Good move for Foyt - glad to see AJ going for yet another American midget racer.... :p It is kind of funny (and I have to hand it to AJ in many ways) - he might talk the American talk - but he usually picks talent (and sometimes practicality of $$) over nationality - and that is the way it should be.....

Here's hoping that Vitor helps the team out!! I would like to see the Foyt team doing well in the merged series - it would be good for the series and for Foyt's legacy.....

Lemmy-Boy
25th September 2008, 22:04
Wow! Another reason why I should stay away from the IRL.

Given the fact Vitor's ride was sponsored by the NATIONAL GUARD :rolleyes: last year, his signing with the archaic Foyt racing team is another reason why the IRL so screwed up these days.

NickFalzone
25th September 2008, 22:13
Wow! Another reason why I should stay away from the IRL.

Given the fact Vitor's ride was sponsored by the NATIONAL GUARD :rolleyes: last year, his signing with the archaic Foyt racing team is another reason why the IRL so screwed up these days.

Meira and Manning finished within 3 points of each other this season, so yeah, stay away from commenting on stuff you know nothing about.

Osiris333
25th September 2008, 22:37
My thoughts are that it remains a total joke that a stiff like Meira has a ride and Paul Tracy doesn't. For that matter, it's a joke that Danica, Marco, Wheldon (fill in the blank) has a ride and PT doesn't.

That said, I woudn't wish driving for Foyt on anybody, except maybe Michael Andretti or Eddie Cheever.

I've tried to give the new and improved Indycar a chance, I really have, but unless a whole bunch of things change between now and '09, I'm done with American Open Wheel Racing. It's a joke.

philipbain
25th September 2008, 22:38
What is going to happen to Dazza Manning? He very nearly won at the Glen this season for a team that by rights have no right to be in such a position.

I wish Vitor well at Foyt but I feel that he won't find it easy, AJ Foyt has a reputation for being very stubborn, the only way Darren Manning got the team progressing is because he was forceful enough to get his opinion heard. I hope Darren gets another Indycar drive because he would be a valuable asset to any team looking to progress up the rankings. Also he's from Yorkshire and if he goes theres only Justin Wilson to represent the Yorkshire contingent!!

Wilf
26th September 2008, 00:48
My thoughts are that it remains a total joke that a stiff like Meira has a ride and Paul Tracy doesn't. For that matter, it's a joke that Danica, Marco, Wheldon (fill in the blank) has a ride and PT doesn't.

That said, I woudn't wish driving for Foyt on anybody, except maybe Michael Andretti or Eddie Cheever.

I've tried to give the new and improved Indycar a chance, I really have, but unless a whole bunch of things change between now and '09, I'm done with American Open Wheel Racing. It's a joke.

Before you fall down laughing at the joke do us a favor and give us the list of the whole bunch of things that must change in order for us to be graced with your continued presence.

ChicagocrewIRL
26th September 2008, 04:23

I weep for American Open Wheel Racing now that you have left it. <sniffle>

gofastandwynn
26th September 2008, 05:41
I've tried to give the new and improved Indycar a chance, I really have, but unless a whole bunch of things change between now and '09, I'm done with American Open Wheel Racing.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Cart750hp
26th September 2008, 06:53

I totally agree. He's a good driver and I would be surprised if no team would sign him for next year. Good for Vitor.

09's driver line up is shaping up pretty quickly. Teams signing drivers early which is a good sign, good drivers are filling the back-marker or mid-marker teams, etc. It going well so far.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th September 2008, 09:05
With the exception of the Glen, Manning was not really impressive last year. I don't know whether that was a car issue or a driver issue. Vitor is a great driver so I guess we'll find out. Unfortunately for him, I think it's going to be impossible to clinch that first win with a Foyt car.

seppefan
26th September 2008, 10:42
Vitor needs to be looked after and loved and AJ just got bee stings and bitching so I see this as a bad move chemistry wise. Hope I am wrong.

DanicaFan
26th September 2008, 12:10
I think its a good move for AJ Foyt Enterprises. We may see this team on a podium next year for a change. Meira is a better driver than Manning. I knew it would be just a matter of time before Meira was picked up by a team.

V12
26th September 2008, 12:36
Good and bad I guess. Good that Vitor has a ride, although I would have preferred for him to have found a more competitive opening, and I hope Manning manages to find a seat too.

beachbum
26th September 2008, 12:52
Panther and Foyt are midpack one car teams that finished 1 point apart in the 2008 points. Vitor's move is basically a sideways move. He should do at least as well as he did at Panther. The difference will depend on the chemistry between Vito and the Foyt team. A plus for Vitor is the fact that Foyt wants to go to 2 cars, which can improve feedback and may allow the team to move up the grid. Panther has indicated it is unlikely to move to 2 cars, so he may be better off at Foyt than at Panther.

indycool
26th September 2008, 14:21
I'd like to see PT get a competitive ride as much as anyone. I'd like to see JEFF GORDON get a competitive ride in the IRL as much as anyone. But there are so many factors in getting there -- friends, talent, money, sponsor acceptance, team -- and Vitor is a good guy and a formidable competitor, I'm pleased he landed early with a team that has a CHANCE at being occasionally competitive.......although I have nothing against Manning, either.

bravefish
27th September 2008, 09:30
Meira's move means Foyt gets a stronger oval racer but a weaker road/street course racer. Nothing much gained with this signing IMO.

The instant classic
28th September 2008, 15:40
I totally agree. He's a good driver and I would be surprised if no team would sign him for next year. Good for Vitor.

09's driver line up is shaping up pretty quickly. Teams signing drivers early which is a good sign, good drivers are filling the back-marker or mid-marker teams, etc. It going well so far.
for sure 2009 is looking great, i have never seen this many big name driver change to new cars in indycar befor, this year seem like a real mess, but it seems like everyone is really getting there head around next year, cant wait for 2009 cuz with all the new tracks and driver, its going to feel like a whloe new indycar :s mokin:

Wilf
28th September 2008, 19:50
Meira's move means Foyt gets a stronger oval racer but a weaker road/street course racer. Nothing much gained with this signing IMO.

For G*d's sake guys, you are really missing it. Darren Manning had a serious communication problem with AJ, Darren having a foreign accent and all. Now AJ can talk to a driver who can teach him how to talk with a REAL southern accent.

Can you imagine victory lane??? Shy, reserved Vitor on AJ's shoulders. Now there's a picture. It would be a picture you would have to take quickly because AJ's knees wouldn't hold out too long.

Not a probability, but a guy can wish!

bravefish
30th September 2008, 01:42
For G*d's sake guys, you are really missing it. Darren Manning had a serious communication problem with AJ, Darren having a foreign accent and all.

And Vitor speaks the Queen's English perfectly ?

Although I do agree somewhat, those from the Republic of Yorkshire can be tough to translate..

MAX_THRUST
2nd October 2008, 12:23
Why change drivers vefore surfers??????

Manning has raced there before.....At the end of the day if you were a driver would you wanna drive for Foyt? I wouldn't the guy used to be great, but is clearly hopeless these days. He picks either crappy drivers and gives them bad cars or gets good drivers and carries on giving them bad cars.

I think Foyt should retire and d the series a favour, he maybe a legend, but his team no matter how hard they try will never get any success because AJ can't listen to anyone.

indycool
2nd October 2008, 13:17
Wheldon's running there for Panther. Franchitti's running there for Ganassi.

garyshell
2nd October 2008, 15:11
Why change drivers vefore surfers??????

Why? Simple, it's a non points race and a perfect opportunity to get a jump on next year. An exercise in team building, the crew getting to know the driver, the driver getting to know the crew etc.

Gary