PDA

View Full Version : Essex quits motorsports

Claus Hansen
25th September 2008, 10:51
Dansh LMS Essex has closed down, leaving drivers John Nielsen and Casper Elgaard without a drive for 2009

El Sween
26th September 2008, 18:31
That is a real shame. I am sorry to hear that.

courageous
27th September 2008, 20:25
Also,

Rollcentre out of Le Mans racing
Embassy closing their doors

and more to come.

I think we are in for a winter of bad news - we've been kind of spoiled over the past couple of years.

wmcot
3rd October 2008, 06:31
With the current global economy, it's far too expensive to go racing unless you have really big sponsors. The little guy loses again.

Claus Hansen
3rd October 2008, 12:09
This, according to rumors in denmark, is not down to money, or lack of it, but moore the fact that the owner of Essex and John Nielsen not getting along anymoore, but in the end, there fight was about money, wich John was taking...
But, rumors are rumors, and the global economy is the most likely factor, since Essex is a real estate company...

rob01
5th October 2008, 11:54
Also,

Rollcentre out of Le Mans racing

just wondering where you heard this??

Adane
6th October 2008, 21:14
Claus - Could you tell a littel bit more about the Nielsen / Halvorsen disagreement?

dba.dk had a story which also indicated something more fundamental than Essex lacking the money for another go.

You comment comes out a little bit like Nielsen has been close to something not acceptable. The decision to run Dunlops was let's say brave or maybe a little stupid. But I don't think Nielsen made it alone.

So let's have the rumors.

Claus Hansen
7th October 2008, 07:10
Adane, i could, but i dont like spreding rumors, but okay, but dont blame me, if its not true !
I was something with Nielsen bying parts for the team from Porsche, then selling them on for a higher price to Halvorsen, there by earning a little cash to himself, i dont think this is true, and its and rumor...
But again, rumors are rumors, and the global economy is the most likely factor, since Essex is a real estate company...

Adane
9th October 2008, 16:14
Sorry for asking you to let the gene out of the bottle. Sounds very much like a creative pay scheme who has turned sour. The alternative is quite unbearable for an old fan of Nielsen.