PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of the all new S2000 car in STCC

mac853
23rd September 2008, 14:01
As the title told, in the case i don't want to make "copy and paste" not to making "piracy", so let's read in the site by yourself, please: http://www.btcctimes.com/

Then help me to comment it and try to guest which make and model could be, please.

In the case i have absolutely no clue. :confused:

Best wishes

Eurotech
23rd September 2008, 16:57
Lexus?

mac853
23rd September 2008, 18:07
Lexus?
:o But Johan said is a make which never has an only 1 S2000, in the case BTCC has already.
Anyway, they didn't say if is just official or including as private. :rolleyes:
That news is translated from Swedish, maybe there are something unclear.

Thanks for your suggest, hoping for more.

Donney
23rd September 2008, 18:15
How about those rumours a while ago about Subaru entering WTCC??? Could that be it?

m0rk
23rd September 2008, 18:43
SAAB at a guess

mac853
23rd September 2008, 19:37
How about those rumours a while ago about Subaru entering WTCC??? Could that be it?
The rules, are still not allowed 4wd cars, probable not.

SAAB at a guess
Yes, is my 1st choice, but little doubt.
If are also from Sweden, how could they don't know then how could they cover a so big project like this, as a journalist could easily finding to ask their mechanics or engineers, not right?
Well, the only way should be the car is made by private teams, this is only clue.

I think maybe the news shown on btcctimes.com is not so right, even Opel, Nissan then Renault has already S2000 cars, which 1 is still not show up.

The makes still should be possible just remaining: Mitsubishi, FIAT or Skoda, then i could not find out anymore. :confused:

Thanks for you 2.

PDS
23rd September 2008, 21:04
mac853, your english is not so good... can you explain what you mean by this?

I don't understand!

I think maybe the news shown on btcctimes.com is not so right, even Opel, Nissan then Renault has already S2000 cars, which 1 is still not show up.

The makes still should be possible just remaining: Mitsubishi, FIAT or Skoda, then i could not find out anymore. :confused:

mac853
23rd September 2008, 21:11
mac853, your english is not so good... can you explain what you mean by this?

I don't understand!
I am just meaning that news appeared on btcctimes.com is not completely right, in the case we can't find the most probable manufacturer wish never built a s2000, then have condition to make 1, as we thought, nor all car manufacturer has FF or RWD with 2l engine, i can't see, at least until now.
Then i think maybe Citroen, should be too a possibility.

PDS
23rd September 2008, 21:24
I am just meaning that news appeared on btcctimes.com is not completely right, in the case we can't find the most probable manufacturer wish never built a s2000, then have condition to make 1, as we thought, nor all car manufacturer has FF or RWD with 2l engine, i can't see, at least until now.
Then i think maybe Citroen, should be too a possibility.

What the article in Touringcartimes.com says is that the car that is being tested has never been built as a S2000 spec car before, or has raced in the STCC before!

Nothing wrong with that statement.

So if Opel, Nissan and Renault already have S2000 cars, (did not know Nissan have built one) then it will not be any of those cars...

VkmSpouge
23rd September 2008, 21:27
What the article in Touringcartimes.com says is that the car that is being tested has never been built as a S2000 spec car before, or has raced in the STCC before!

Nothing wrong with that statement.

So if Opel, Nissan and Renault already have S2000 cars, (did not know Nissan have built one) then it will not be any of those cars...

There was never a works Nissan or Renault S2000 cars but private ones have been built. A Danish team built a Renault Megane and the RJN Motorsport team built S2000 Nissan Primeras for the ETCC in 2002 (the first year of the regulations), I believe Rob Collard raced one. They also planned to run one in the BTCC in 2004 but they couldn't get the funding.

Here's a picture of their 2002 version (http://www.rjnmotorsport.com/images/Gallery_Images/ETCC-BTCC/2-etcc2002.jpg).

Azumanga Davo
24th September 2008, 07:20
Hmmm, whatever happened to the Kia rumours from a couple years back? Also an option.

Other options (of a lesser chance) could be Skoda, Lada , Brilliance or VW.

mac853
24th September 2008, 14:45
Hmmm, whatever happened to the Kia rumours from a couple years back? Also an option.

Other options (of a lesser chance) could be Skoda, Lada , Brilliance or VW.
:eek: KIA, Brilliance, VW, yes, i forgot also these, thanks for your remind!

:dozey: Lada should not be, has running now in WTCC.
The only thing i don't understand why still didn't uncovering the mystery.
Is this so really secretly? :confused:

PDS
24th September 2008, 15:04
There was never a works Nissan or Renault S2000 cars but private ones have been built. A Danish team built a Renault Megane and the RJN Motorsport team built S2000 Nissan Primeras for the ETCC in 2002 (the first year of the regulations), I believe Rob Collard raced one. They also planned to run one in the BTCC in 2004 but they couldn't get the funding.

Here's a picture of their 2002 version (http://www.rjnmotorsport.com/images/Gallery_Images/ETCC-BTCC/2-etcc2002.jpg).

YES... should have remembered the Nissan! Good spot!

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/v/Motorsport-Photography/saloon/etcc/album93/collard_03.jpg.html

Azumanga Davo
25th September 2008, 10:04
:dozey: Lada should not be, has running now in WTCC.
The only thing i don't understand why still didn't uncovering the mystery.
Is this so really secretly? :confused:

Hmmm, had an odd thought just now. Has Ford ever been represented in S2000 or Sweden?

Brown, Jon Brow
25th September 2008, 10:14
Hmmm, had an odd thought just now. Has Ford ever been represented in S2000 or Sweden?

A few Focuses for the WTCC, I don't know if any raced in sweden.

http://www.passracing.com/Focus1.jpg

VXRDartford
25th September 2008, 11:56
Whoever guessed Saab is correct. Not really surprising for a Sweedish touring car championship!! They should bring it over here they need to boost their sales figures!!!

Robinho
25th September 2008, 13:21
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2735

and the car looks great. i like that

is the Saab 93 not the same floor plan as the Vauxhall vectra - in which case, not a bad starting point for building an S2000 spec tourer?

VkmSpouge
25th September 2008, 18:21
It is a very nice looking car, I wonder how quick it will be?

m0rk
25th September 2008, 18:39
it's the right "shape", but because of that it's also got a lot of metal high up, rather than ballast

must be pretty wide, the arches don't even look all that flaired

mac853
25th September 2008, 18:46
SAAB at a guess
Anyway, m0rk is my honour, congratulations! :champion:

But, i am not so surprise for Saab to be the latest manuf., the most surprised was how could they hide it without find out by any "outsider".

Well, 1 more biofuel, this is just for the rivality of both swedish automotive.

Let's have to see will they or not join some WTCC rounds in next year,should be awesome if really happened, of course must also to verify how good is it in the STCC.

Martin-MC
25th September 2008, 19:23
If anyones seen Per Eklunds Saab rallycross cars in action then you will know Saab/Eklund can make a decent car. Ok theres turbo monsters but im sure they could get a aspirated motor up to speed dead easy.

Azumanga Davo
26th September 2008, 10:07
I must say it's been too long. :) And looking very good in it's new racing clothes too. :D