PDA

View Full Version : My cousin won't marry me - I think I'll go kill some zionists

Rani
23rd September 2008, 08:13
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=dbff973d-f1d4-4cc1-98c1-de034ab0be21

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3600634,00.html

It seems the young man was turned down by a relative (that's what they are now saying on the news) so he decided to commit suicide, whilst taking the lives of some Israelis with him.

New details also show he was affiliated with Hamas.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 08:21
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=dbff973d-f1d4-4cc1-98c1-de034ab0be21

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3600634,00.html

It seems the young man was turned down by a relative (that's what they are now saying on the news) so he decided to commit suicide, whilst taking the lives of some Israelis with him.

I thought for a moment you were talking about George then I realised he loves Zionists :)

Does this really justify a whole thread in this forum when there are countless other threads which Eki has changed into US hatefests which is what this will turn to in less than a week.........

Rani
23rd September 2008, 08:54
I thought for a moment you were talking about George then I realised he loves Zionists :)

Does this really justify a whole thread in this forum when there are countless other threads which Eki has changed into US hatefests which is what this will turn to in less than a week.........
I guess the struggle between light and darkness never ceases...

I think this does justify a thread, as it shows how irrational fundamentalist terrorism can be. I, for one, have never seen somebody commit such an act for not marrying his cousin (and you could say I've been around the block).

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 08:58
Terrorism is irrational? Wow! There's a revelation.

Rani, these organisations don't go out recruiting the most intelligent and mentally sound people. After all what intelligent and mentally sound person goes and blows themself up?

Getting people who are mentally unwell to do the dirty work.... like THAT'S never happened before.

leopard
23rd September 2008, 09:26
If to cease the conflict may not seem easy to be in effect, there is strong suggestion to refrain from attacking one another in only a week to go to give respect to this month. Then they can start doing it again,

Rani
23rd September 2008, 09:27
Terrorism is irrational? Wow! There's a revelation.

Rani, these organisations don't go out recruiting the most intelligent and mentally sound people. After all what intelligent and mentally sound person goes and blows themself up?

Getting people who are mentally unwell to do the dirty work.... like THAT'S never happened before.
Ruling out every terrorist out there as insane is the easy way out. Furthermore, it's just not true. These are people just like you and me, educated to believe what they believe in. A lot of suicide terrorists had degrees (the first one who springs to mind is Mohamed Atta who had a masters if I'm not mistaken). You can't just say they're all dumb crazy zombies, they simply aren't. Many of them live regular lives until they get depressed and turn to religion. While Islam as a religion isn't violent as far as I know, it seems to have large factions which interpret the Quran in ways which call for violent actions against 'infidels' such as you and me.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 10:02
Ruling out every terrorist out there as insane is the easy way out. Furthermore, it's just not true. These are people just like you and me, educated to believe what they believe in. A lot of suicide terrorists had degrees (the first one who springs to mind is Mohamed Atta who had a masters if I'm not mistaken). You can't just say they're all dumb crazy zombies, they simply aren't. Many of them live regular lives until they get depressed and turn to religion. While Islam as a religion isn't violent as far as I know, it seems to have large factions which interpret the Quran in ways which call for violent actions against 'infidels' such as you and me.
Seriously mate it's not that black and white.

Israeli's of all people should know that if you whip the little people they'll fight back. I seem to remember something about Charlton Heston leading the Israeli's out of Egypt and a that god sent plagues and so on to ravage Egypt and then there was this bit where the water parted and the Israelites went through and the Egyptians were swallowed up by the sea.

Plagues of locusts, plagues of suicide bombers, using the Israelites as slave labour and opressing the Palestinians. It's all one and the same....

If I were a religious man I'd say God is simply doing to you what he did for your people way back in the past but as I'm not I'll simply say that you're reaping what you sow.

Rudy Tamasz
23rd September 2008, 11:51
I agree with Daniel, the topic has been beaten to death.

BTW, just seen it on Euronews there was a shooting spree in a Finnish town. I wonder how long it will take Eki to find an American connection there and blame it on Bush and NRA.

Garry Walker
23rd September 2008, 13:07

BTW, just seen it on Euronews there was a shooting spree in a Finnish town. I wonder how long it will take Eki to find an American connection there and blame it on Bush and NRA.

Don`t forget, Eki will also find a way to blame the attack on the jews.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 13:15
Don`t forget, Eki will also find a way to blame the attack on the jews.
To be fair if the Jews/Israeli's stopped poking the lion the lion would stop biting them.

It took Northern Ireland a long time to stop terrorist attacks but they managed to do it and it didn't happen through military action.

Garry Walker
23rd September 2008, 13:33
To be fair if the Jews/Israeli's stopped poking the lion the lion would stop biting them.

Well, my comment was about the finnish shooting that happened today and Eki probably finding a way to blame that on USA and jews.

But you are right of course, that region is very complicated.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 13:48
Well, my comment was about the finnish shooting that happened today and Eki probably finding a way to blame that on USA and jews.

But you are right of course, that region is very complicated.
Oops brainfart. I get you now :up:

I don't necessarily think the region is complicated. You get what you give. That pretty much describes the Israel-Palestine and Israel-Hezbollah conflicts.

Azumanga Davo
23rd September 2008, 14:39
Seriously mate it's not that black and white.

Israeli's of all people should know that if you whip the little people they'll fight back. I seem to remember something about Charlton Heston leading the Israeli's out of Egypt and a that god sent plagues and so on to ravage Egypt and then there was this bit where the water parted and the Israelites went through and the Egyptians were swallowed up by the sea.

Plagues of locusts, plagues of suicide bombers, using the Israelites as slave labour and opressing the Palestinians. It's all one and the same....

If I were a religious man I'd say God is simply doing to you what he did for your people way back in the past but as I'm not I'll simply say that you're reaping what you sow.

You'll find the book is better than the film... ;)

SOD
23rd September 2008, 15:00
what about the woman who was beaten to death by the israeli Defense Forces a few days ago?

care to expand Rani did you get the news about that one yet? Is it their idea of a good time?

please tell the class :)

talk about religious nutters? I dare you to eat a ham sandwich in the open on Yom Kippur in the open public, see how far ya get :rolleyes:

Rani
23rd September 2008, 17:44

It took Northern Ireland a long time to stop terrorist attacks but they managed to do it and it didn't happen through military action.
Negotiations are based on every side comprimising a bit in order to achieve common ground. Hizbuallah and Hamas' idea of commoon ground is Israel ceasing to exist, and their way of achieving it is terrorist attacks. Even when Arafat was in power he was offered everything Israel could give by then PM Barak, and declined. I am not as knowledgeable on the subject of Northern Ireland but I believe both sides were much more viable partners than either Hamas or Hizbuallah. "Poking the lion" is the only way when the lion is hell bent on biting you in the balls.

what about the woman who was beaten to death by the israeli Defense Forces a few days ago?

care to expand Rani did you get the news about that one yet? Is it their idea of a good time?

please tell the class :)

talk about religious nutters? I dare you to eat a ham sandwich in the open on Yom Kippur in the open public, see how far ya get :rolleyes:
Are you talking aout this?
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3599562,00.html
If you are, than it seems she died of a heart attack. Granted, the army would rather have us think she died of a heart attack, just as much as the people around her would like us to think she died from a beating sustained by her (by the way the family of the terrorist this thread is originally about claim he ran down about 20 people by accidant).
Back to the elderly lady (that an IDF doctor tried to save for half an hour - you elegantly left that bit out, Sean). Had I been on a raid like this and a woman was blocking my way, I'd move her away too, as a lot of attacks on soldiers are based on distractions from other people. Yes, I'd push her aside because I'd be afraid someone she is hiding would use her and try to stab me\shoot me\spill acid on me so I'd lose my eyesight http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3600252,00.html

Would you physically confront a soldier in your country?!
I wouldn't, and if someone does, he should be aware that he might be treated physically as well. Not only in Israel- anywhere.

Concerning Yom Kippur, I have eaten pork on this day and I'm still here. Around where I live, people drive and eat around freely (I don't, out of tradition and respect) and nothing happens. Of course some places are much more sensitive, just as I guess a lot of 'normal' people would be offended if nudists walked around their neighbourhood. Everyone has their beliefs and those should be respected as long as they don't hurt anybody.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 18:03
Negotiations are based on every side comprimising a bit in order to achieve common ground. Hizbuallah and Hamas' idea of commoon ground is Israel ceasing to exist, and their way of achieving it is terrorist attacks. Even when Arafat was in power he was offered everything Israel could give by then PM Barak, and declined. I am not as knowledgeable on the subject of Northern Ireland but I believe both sides were much more viable partners than either Hamas or Hizbuallah. "Poking the lion" is the only way when the lion is hell bent on biting you in the balls.

Would you physically confront a soldier in your country?!
I wouldn't, and if someone does, he should be aware that he might be treated physically as well. Not only in Israel- anywhere.

We don't have soldiers just roaming around our countries involved in making life difficult for people and they don't just go around beating people.

I'm not saying Hamas or Hizbullah are angels but the military action you take just makes them stronger and stronger. Everytime you bomb a residential area you merely make yourselves less popular by killing people who probably had nothing to do with the conflict and who were probably not against Israel being there at all. But kill them for no good reason and you turn the whole neighbourhood against you.

Back off a bit, give the terrorists space to hang themselves with their own rope. Some Israeli's will die and the government will get criticised for not "doing" anything about it but people will soon lose the will to will to kill themselves for no good reason. Those who still insist on making war with Israel will become unpopular and their support base will dwindle. That or you can just keep the cycle going. It really has no impact on me at all. It's you and YOUR family who are at risk because of the stupidity of your government and their inability to break the cycle.

Drew
23rd September 2008, 19:19
Well yes, but if you drive into a crowd in Israel it's very likely you're going to kill at least some Jews, it's slightly hard to miss. Sounds more like a case of somebody just going crazy and losing it more than a specific terrorist attack on the defenceless Jews.

Rani
23rd September 2008, 19:47
Well yes, but if you drive into a crowd in Israel it's very likely you're going to kill at least some Jews, it's slightly hard to miss. Sounds more like a case of somebody just going crazy and losing it more than a specific terrorist attack on the defenceless Jews.

The terrorist is from east Jerusalem, where the population is almost all muslim. He didn't just run his car randomly at the nearest street, but looked for a crowded place with many soldiers and civilians. You clearly lack knowledge on the subject and your cynicism ("slightly hard to miss") doesn't make you seem any more knowledgeable.

We don't have soldiers just roaming around our countries involved in making life difficult for people and they don't just go around beating people.

I'm not saying Hamas or Hizbullah are angels but the military action you take just makes them stronger and stronger. Everytime you bomb a residential area you merely make yourselves less popular by killing people who probably had nothing to do with the conflict and who were probably not against Israel being there at all. But kill them for no good reason and you turn the whole neighbourhood against you.

Back off a bit, give the terrorists space to hang themselves with their own rope. Some Israeli's will die and the government will get criticised for not "doing" anything about it but people will soon lose the will to will to kill themselves for no good reason. Those who still insist on making war with Israel will become unpopular and their support base will dwindle. That or you can just keep the cycle going. It really has no impact on me at all. It's you and YOUR family who are at risk because of the stupidity of your government and their inability to break the cycle.
A few years ago when the qasam rockets were being fired regularly, we tried this approach of 'turning the other cheek'. It didn't work. On one hand, your right. On the other, it makes Israel look weak and with the enemies we have around us, that's all we need. On the other other hand, you said some Israelis will die. Where do you draw the line? one? ten? a hundred?
You just can't let people die on the streets without responding because if you will, Syria, Iran, Hizbuallah and Hamas will all be waiting at your doorstep.

Not an easy area, the Middle East. The solution isn't this simple.

BDunnell
23rd September 2008, 19:49
One way forward would be for more understanding to be shown of the grievances and views of the other side. However, when we have a situation in which, for example, the Palestinians carry on expecting and gaining international support despite the worst of their actions, and when the Israeli government is so paranoid that it employs groups to monitor all sorts of world media for the slightest comment that doesn't toe the official line, there doesn't seem to be much of a way forward.

Eki
23rd September 2008, 19:59

Now that yous asked for it, it's not even hard to do, when you think about that the Columbine school shooters were his heroes:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426210,00.html

"Clips from the 1999 Columbine school shootings in Colorado were listed among his favorite videos."

Kids here idolize everything American, even the scumbags. I know, I used to be the same when I was a kid. I even thought Ronald Reagan was a good guy. Then I grew up.

Daniel
23rd September 2008, 20:01
Now that yous asked for it, it's not even hard to do, when you think about that the Columbine school shooter were his heroes:

"Clips from the 1999 Columbine school shootings in Colorado were listed among his favorite videos."

Kids here idolize everything American, even the scumbags. I know, I used to be the same when I was a kid. I even thought Ronald Reagan was a good guy. Then I grew up.
*shakes head*

TOgoFASTER
23rd September 2008, 20:21
The struggle between dark and darkness never ceases... or dawns on anyone.

Rollo
24th September 2008, 01:26

No. The "lion" would still bite them, and this is why:

Hamas' charter itself calls for the destruction of the State of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

There actually is no solution to this conflict... ever.
This is the "stiff-necked" people versus a people of "wild donkeys".

Eki
24th September 2008, 05:15

Hamas' charter itself calls for the destruction of the State of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

There is. They could make Israel a Palestinian Islamic state. Those who aren't happy about it could move somewhere else. Well, that's a bit radical, but a Jewish state is as radical as an Islamic state. I can't understand why there should be an own state for any religion. The ideal solution IMO would be that they all compromised and changed the name Israel to something else, like for example Neverland, and forgot about any religion.

leopard
24th September 2008, 06:51
I think each big religion have their radical downstream, we might not be able to change someone's mindset about belief, all we can do is to put them in the state of mind that they have equal treatment, and hence they have equal status to work hand in hand and live together.

We are not the history doer, so we will never know exactly who has started the conflict off. The fact telling us the problem is that Israel pushes down Palestine and occupies the land. Worlds, in this case is US and west might have facilitated this conflict, but to let off aggression against the neighbors keep occurring describes that this conflict have never been seriously sorted out.

I doubt that lion will bite human provided their state where do they make a life is not sized up. White lion on the other hand is good company, one of them the vocal has made right decision about woman whom he's married to.

Daniel
24th September 2008, 07:29

Lots of people want lots of things. Doesn't mean they won't settle for less as long as you make some concessions. Just look at Northern Ireland.......

Rani
24th September 2008, 08:21
I believe there is a solution to the conflict. Not today, not tomorrow, but someday. If peace was achievable with Egypt and Jordan, someday it will be possible with Syria, Lebanon and the Palestinian authority.

What do you mean 'stiff-necked' people and people of 'wild donkeys'?

Rani
24th September 2008, 08:25
There is. They could make Israel a Palestinian Islamic state. Those who aren't happy about it could move somewhere else. Well, that's a bit radical, but a Jewish state is as radical as an Islamic state. I can't understand why there should be an own state for any religion. The ideal solution IMO would be that they all compromised and changed the name Israel to something else, like for example Neverland, and forgot about any religion.
Why not keep it a Jewish Zionist state and those who aren't happy about it could move elsewhere?
I don't think you could call a democratic western country radical by any stretch of the imagination.

turves
24th September 2008, 08:39
On one hand, your right. On the other, it makes Israel look weak and with the enemies we have around us, that's all we need. On the other other hand, you said some Israelis will die. Where do you draw the line? one? ten? a hundred?

Apologies, I know this is a serious topic, but I wanted to lighten the mood a little and ask, Rani, how many hands do you have...?

Rani
24th September 2008, 08:49
Apologies, I know this is a serious topic, but I wanted to lighten the mood a little and ask, Rani, how many hands do you have...?
Two for holding an M16 and one for handing out flowers. :)

leopard
24th September 2008, 08:54
Octopus has eight hands, I know she (octopus) is capable of handling various jobs. ;)

Drew
24th September 2008, 09:12
The terrorist is from east Jerusalem, where the population is almost all muslim. He didn't just run his car randomly at the nearest street, but looked for a crowded place with many soldiers and civilians. You clearly lack knowledge on the subject and your cynicism ("slightly hard to miss") doesn't make you seem any more knowledgeable.

Well thanks for the patronisation. Of course he wanted to kill people, he looked for a busy street, clearly you're warped in your own victim world and everybody is out to get you, if I had done the same and drove into a group of black people, would that be racist or just a coincidence?

If it had been a Jew that drove into muslims for the same reason, i'm sure we would have heard nothing about it. Did he film a video stating his intentions against the Israeli state? No, he was some angry psycho that drove into a crowd.

Rudy Tamasz
24th September 2008, 09:26
Now that yous asked for it, it's not even hard to do, when you think about that the Columbine school shooters were his heroes:

Poor Finnishers! Now we know that all the sleaze of the world comes from America and most of it is intentionally aimed at Finland.

Rani
24th September 2008, 10:01
Well thanks for the patronisation. Of course he wanted to kill people, he looked for a busy street, clearly you're warped in your own victim world and everybody is out to get you, if I had done the same and drove into a group of black people, would that be racist or just a coincidence?

If it had been a Jew that drove into muslims for the same reason, i'm sure we would have heard nothing about it. Did he film a video stating his intentions against the Israeli state? No, he was some angry psycho that drove into a crowd.
Lets look at the facts:
1. The person is affiliated with Hamas (a terrorist organization).
2. Three terrorists have come from his area of Jerusalem over the last six months or so (a shooter and two who used bulldozers to drive over buses)
3. He lives in East Jerusalem, an area of a quarter million muslims. Had he randomly selected a street around his house, he would've killed muslims. The man had no license, yet he took the car to a mainly jew area (a place called IDF square, probably just a coincedance :rolleyes: ) ON PURPOSE.

You know what? Forget it.
Why not say it was just a road accident where he accidentally ran over 17 people all the while reversing to hurt more.

Drew
24th September 2008, 15:03
Lets look at the facts:
1. The person is affiliated with Hamas (a terrorist organization).
2. Three terrorists have come from his area of Jerusalem over the last six months or so (a shooter and two who used bulldozers to drive over buses)
3. He lives in East Jerusalem, an area of a quarter million muslims. Had he randomly selected a street around his house, he would've killed muslims. The man had no license, yet he took the car to a mainly jew area (a place called IDF square, probably just a coincedance :rolleyes: ) ON PURPOSE.

Yes, let's look at the facts. Nowhere does it say anybody died, "Terror attack in Jerusalem, 17 WOUNDED" Nowhere does it say that he was a member of Hamas. And if you don't have a license and don't know how to drive well, wouldn't you be more likely to have a crash?

Rani
24th September 2008, 19:35
Yes, let's look at the facts. Nowhere does it say anybody died, "Terror attack in Jerusalem, 17 WOUNDED" Nowhere does it say that he was a member of Hamas. And if you don't have a license and don't know how to drive well, wouldn't you be more likely to have a crash?
It doesn't say he was affiliated because both articles were published right after the attack. It has since become public.

If you don't have many hours flying experience and don't know how to fly well you would probably be more likely to crash a plane. Or four. You could also happen to be near the Pentagon. Or the WTC.

I'd side with you had he injured one or two, but he repeatedy drove onto crowds.
I urge you to read eyewitness reports and still claim this was an 'innocent' accident.

Drew
24th September 2008, 20:11
It doesn't say he was affiliated because both articles were published right after the attack. It has since become public.

If you don't have many hours flying experience and don't know how to fly well you would probably be more likely to crash a plane. Or four. You could also happen to be near the Pentagon. Or the WTC.

I'd side with you had he injured one or two, but he repeatedy drove onto crowds.
I urge you to read eyewitness reports and still claim this was an 'innocent' accident.

I don't doubt that he drove into the croud on purpose intended to hurt or kill people, what I do doubt are the whole terrorism claims behind it. People go crazy and do stupid things (in this case extemely crazy and extremely stupid things) This could have happened anywhere, Jerusalem or the Faroe Islands.

leopard
25th September 2008, 07:13
Why not keep it a Jewish Zionist state and those who aren't happy about it could move elsewhere? Who will be handling the government, the prime minister confirmed resignation :)

Rollo
25th September 2008, 07:37
I believe there is a solution to the conflict. Not today, not tomorrow, but someday. If peace was achievable with Egypt and Jordan, someday it will be possible with Syria, Lebanon and the Palestinian authority.

What do you mean 'stiff-necked' people and people of 'wild donkeys'?

I find this really really ironic and especially coming from an Israeli.

The "stiff necked" people are the Israellis themselves:
"I have seen these people", (the Israellites) the LORD said to Moses, "and they are a stiff-necked people." - Shemot 32:9

Both Jewish and traditions consider Ishmael as the ancestor of Arab people:
The angel of the LORD also said to her: You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers. - Bere 16:11-12

Do they not teach the Torah in schools in Israel? How strange.

Why not keep it a Jewish Zionist state and those who aren't happy about it could move elsewhere?

Same reason. The Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock are number 3 (i think) on the list of holy sites in Islam. Telling Islamic people to leave would be nigh on impossible.

Rani
25th September 2008, 08:21
I find this really really ironic and especially coming from an Israeli.

The "stiff necked" people are the Israellis themselves:
"I have seen these people", (the Israellites) the LORD said to Moses, "and they are a stiff-necked people." - Shemot 32:9

Both Jewish and traditions consider Ishmael as the ancestor of Arab people:
The angel of the LORD also said to her: You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers. - Bere 16:11-12

Do they not teach the Torah in schools in Israel? How strange.

Same reason. The Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock are number 3 (i think) on the list of holy sites in Islam. Telling Islamic people to leave would be nigh on impossible.
First of all, they do teach the Torah in schools. I studied it for 12 years. The reason I didn't get it is because I'm used to read it in the language in which it was written. As you know the original is always better :p

I know about the importance of the al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock. I've even been on a class trip to both. My comment was just a cynical reply to Eki's suggestion of a new world order. Of course Muslims should have access to these two important sites.

Rollo
26th September 2008, 00:21
Well then, tied up with the fact that the al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock are both Islamic sites, there are also some rather moot points that must be made about the Qu'ran:

The Qu'ran endorses the Torah's assertation that the land belongs to the Jews:
We (Allah) made a weak people (Israelites), inheritors of lands in both east and west - lands whereupon We sent down Our blessings. This fair promise of thy Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel, because they had patience and constancy - Quran 7:137

But it also suggests that they must be killed:
Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) - Quran 2:191-2

And Muhamed himself reiterated this:
You Muslims must fight the Jews till some of them hide behind stones. The stones will betray them saying...There is a Jew hiding behind me; kill him - Sahih Bukhari 4:5:176, 177

So then, we have two groups of people who would both claim the land under religious grounds and one one them who are directed in their scripture to kill the other lot.

And you think that there's a solution to this? Sorry, but I wager that this is impossible.

SOD
28th September 2008, 21:19
some people's idea of a good time

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1025124.html

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1025075.html

Rani
30th September 2008, 10:30
some people's idea of the truth:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7642586.stm

V12
30th September 2008, 10:59

To be fair militant Islam has been a problem since long before Israel (or the United States of America) had even been thought of.

And the difference with Northern Ireland is that while yes it was over religion, the Irish weren't willing to take their OWN lives in any attack, making them less dangerous. Whereas the new breed of terrorist is actually retarded enough to actually believe in the afterlife and 72(?) virgins and all that rubbish.

SOD
30th September 2008, 13:04
some people's idea of the truth:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7642586.stm

any unbiased confirmation? Israeli police sources??? The same Israeli police who proudly proclaimed that Olmert resigned because they were closing in on him? What happened to due process or is that an alien concept there?

and happy new year

SOD
30th September 2008, 13:52
And the difference with Northern Ireland is that while yes it was over religion, the Irish weren't willing to take their OWN lives in any attack, making them less dangerous. Whereas the new breed of terrorist is actually retarded enough to actually believe in the afterlife and 72(?) virgins and all that rubbish.

both the Israel-Palestine and Northern Ireland situations are over land, not religion.

In fact the original Zionists were very secular in their beliefs. Even the most religious of Jews don't recognise the state of Israel because it wasn't granted to them by God, just taking the land is not what God intended.

such a pity that so many have died over the centuries over a miserable city/theme park in Jersualem. can't see many people dying over Universal Studios.