PDA

View Full Version : Stepney unhappy at Ferrari

ArrowsFA1
1st February 2007, 08:56
"I am looking at spending a year away from Ferrari. I'm not currently happy with the situation within the team - I really want to move forward with my career and that's something that's not happening right now.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56539

It seems that all the changes at Ferrari since the end of last season are having an unsettling effect off-track at least.

OTA
1st February 2007, 09:04
hmmm, power struggle it seems. No doubt others will try to take advantage from it.

Cheers
David

Geecee27
1st February 2007, 11:49
"..but if an opportunity arose with another team, I would definitely consider it."

So who's gonna get the cheque book out first then??

F1racer3
1st February 2007, 14:19
I never liked Ferrari, but since Michael retired and Kimi Raikkonen, arguably f1's fastest current driver, joined them it would be interesting to see how things would develop. I just hope that the fans are in for a great season.

Juppe
1st February 2007, 16:43
"..but if an opportunity arose with another team, I would definitely consider it."

So who's gonna get the cheque book out first then??

Would you like to hire a guy, who complains about his company and job in public? I wouldn't.

Sounds a little bit desperate or at least not very clever publicly announce his eagerness to change teams. As an F1-insider he should know who to call, if he needs a new job.

VresiBerba
1st February 2007, 23:47
Would you like to hire a guy, who complains about his company and job in public? I wouldn't.

Could you really blame him though, when the former head of human resources department (Almondo) get promoted to technical director over Stepney who's been at the team for 15 years and was Ferrari's current test technical manager?

Personally I would be pissed like hell.

DimitraF1
2nd February 2007, 01:26
we do not know exactly whats the problem in the team..maybe all have a new role and he dont

Juppe
2nd February 2007, 07:24
Could you really blame him though, when the former head of human resources department (Almondo) get promoted to technical director over Stepney who's been at the team for 15 years and was Ferrari's current test technical manager?

Personally I would be pissed like hell.

Obviously he may have a reason to be pissed, but that was not the point.

Big companies are usually a little bit touchy about their public image and complaining to the media is something that they do not usually value.

ioan
2nd February 2007, 09:17

Big companies are usually a little bit touchy about their public image and complaining to the media is something that they do not usually value.

Maybe he wants to be kicked out with a big compensation check! better than resigning and leaving with empty hand! :D

Just a joke!

Hondo
2nd February 2007, 11:10
Possibly, especially if things go awry at Ferrari in 2007, he is letting the world and prospective employers know up front that it was Almondo, not him, that was running the show.

ArrowsFA1
2nd February 2007, 11:19
It is very surprising that Stepney's gone public with his dissatisfaction, particularly as he's been a core part of Ferrari's success for the last 13 years.

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 13:30
Maybe he wants to be kicked out with a big compensation check! better than resigning and leaving with empty hand! :D

Just a joke!

Joke or not, you could be right. He could be fishing for them to execute his separation clause, particularly if he has a golden parachute. He could also be announcing to the world that he is on the market. Time will tell.

F1boat
2nd February 2007, 14:03
Agwii, do you think that Lardi's growing influence can have something to do with what's going on?

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 14:19
Agwii, do you think that Lardi's growing influence can have something to do with what's going on?

F1boat - You have a GREAT memory! I remain suspicious and wish we had some quality G2. For now, we'll have to wait. While I don't believe in the "star system" today, losing too many top people could be a very damaging blow.

It's ironic that you bring this up today. As I read of Berger refusing to announce his drivers, I thought that even in his Machiavellian zenith, the Old Man would not have sat on an announcement this long, and I wonder what Berger is really up to these days!

F1boat
2nd February 2007, 14:22
Berger might be waiting for money...
But I'm not that interested in STR really.

ioan
2nd February 2007, 14:27
Joke or not, you could be right. He could be fishing for them to execute his separation clause, particularly if he has a golden parachute. He could also be announcing to the world that he is on the market. Time will tell.

No matter what he want's it seems that Ferrari don't want to get rid of him until the end of 2007:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30448

VresiBerba
2nd February 2007, 15:00
That's exactly the point. Stepney was unhappy in Ferrari with the new promotions so he vented his opinion when asked why he would leave Ferrari. If you think that he's whining then you are of course free to do so, but in my opinion he has every right to whine and most likely no one will really care anyway if they value his competence.

Roamy
2nd February 2007, 15:45
Junk this mope and go get TAD back and Kimi will breeze !!

Juppe
2nd February 2007, 20:10
That's exactly the point. Stepney was unhappy in Ferrari with the new promotions so he vented his opinion when asked why he would leave Ferrari. If you think that he's whining then you are of course free to do so, but in my opinion he has every right to whine and most likely no one will really care anyway if they value his competence.

One looses a lot of his value to a company by taking things public that should stay behind close doors. There is no single person who is important enough to mock your own company in public - companies really cannot afford that. If a person is unhappy, he should either find the way to change things internally or leave the company. Going public never helped anybody in these things.

In the other thread you basicly said that an employee should either do his boss' bidding or leave the company (McLaren was the company in question). Why double standards?

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 20:12
One looses a lot of his value to a company by taking things public that should stay behind close doors. There is no single person who is important enough to mock your own company in public - companies really cannot afford that. If a person is unhappy, he should either find the way to change things internally or leave the company. Going public never helped anybody in these things.

In the other thread you basicly said that an employee should either do his boss' bidding or leave the company (McLaren was the company in question). Why double standards?

Prost discovered this while he was at Ferrari.

Roamy
3rd February 2007, 07:49
This guy obviously got passed over for a promotion he thought he should have. So when that happens if you are pissed you shut up and move. This stinks of whining which is probably why he was passed over for the promotion.

ioan
3rd February 2007, 09:04
This guy obviously got passed over for a promotion he thought he should have. So when that happens if you are pissed you shut up and move. This stinks of whining which is probably why he was passed over for the promotion.

I have to mark this somewhere, I'm in agreement with fousto! :D

Tazio
3rd February 2007, 12:48
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56539

It seems that all the changes at Ferrari since the end of last season are having an unsettling effect off-track at least.
This is a joke!
Ferrari are so geeked about this season Todt, and you heard it here first, are going to have that team so ready for this season it will be ungodly! Stepney's comments are a calculated form of aserting himself because now when he wants to go directly to the top(and I don't mean that useless piece of crap Lardi or Luca D. He will not really have to deal with who is nothing more than a yes-man (almondo.) He will have to show some respect.Although as most teams, Ferrari is success oriented The Frenchman(Todt) the German(Schumacher),and the Brit (Stepney) are in charge. And yes in that order! which is great because mike, Nigel and Jean will be a dynamic force. Once JT reassures him (NS ) that Almondo job is largely his because Luca D wants an Italian. A guy that will do his bidding for him, which he needs because It's going to be Jt, Ms, and Ns as the real top dogs I think JT and MS wish that Luca would just disapear. Don't read this wrong! Unless stepney misses Ross because he is gay for him. there is no reason for stepney to want to leave. This is my whole pointI just think it is his way of letting people know, if it came down to it, Mike and Jean will back stepney's play and at least internally have an understanding that even though he doesn't have the title, he will be regaurded, and relied on as one of the three amigos. I think a lot of fans are going to be surprised at how expansive Mikes role will evolve into. JT, NS, and MS are going to have a ball this year. I just hope JT perpensity to be such a horn-dog doesn't get mike in trouble with the Misses. Jt gets more fine puntang than Flavio! Hanging with him on the road, and not having to race. It could be a lot of temtation in a moment of weaknes/or just good old-fashion lust. Mike could screw it up with corrina.
But I digress!
Stepnys fine! Once we get to the prerace week in Oz It will become abundantly clear that his influence will be at worst a lateral promotion I can't explain it. If you look at what is going on at Ferrari with an open mind, you can understand the allegory that is designed to vail their evolution this year! slyley Bam!! they will establish backto the top. Not only will Ferrari have a succesful year. They are going to have a ball doing it
And yes MS will drive the car. Probably evauating the reds. I just hope he doesn't get caugt cheating, because It will be very tempting to soften up those reds with the proper solvents!

Roamy
3rd February 2007, 15:51
I have to mark this somewhere, I'm in agreement with fousto! :D

Yea amazing ioan - also beware I like kimi used to be a rabid ferrairi fan such as yourself. I am not real fond of Luca. The Toad is much better than Ron Dennis so at the end of the day I may have to return as a fan. Plus if I were independently wealthy I would probably have a villa in Italy. Some ******* stole my Gatti fly rod so I will have another check sent to italy shortly. So who knows I may go from Uncle to Pino's Godfather!!

ciao

agwiii
4th February 2007, 16:11

Yes indeed! Whining is not the way to play the "up the organization" game for fun and profit.