PDA

View Full Version : Flav: Alonso Overrated

ShiftingGears
1st February 2007, 09:32
http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0,15909,3210_3213_1884445,00.html

Flav: Alonso overrated
Wednesday January 31 2007

Flavio Briatore has taken a swipe at Fernando Alonso's role in Renault's success and questioned the Spaniard's talent.

"Fernando is good," the Italian told Auto Motor und Sport, "but not as good as many people think."

The team have put their faith in the talents of young Finn Heikki Kovalainen and veteran Giancarlo Fisichella.

"He beat all of his team-mates until he came to Fernando," Briatore said of the 33-year old Italian.

The Renault boss also lauded the team's rookie Kovalainen, "He reminds me of a young Schumacher or Alonso."

"There is no reason why he cannot become as good as Fernando. Heikki is our investment into the future."

Thoughts on this? It seems to me that he's trying to do what he can to hype up his team before the 2007 season starts.

Ian McC
1st February 2007, 09:34
Maybe he should have said "Fernando is good, much better than Fisichella" ;)

It is not unexpected of Flav to say something like this.

janneppi
1st February 2007, 09:40
If those comments aren't fictional press inventions, sucks to you flavio.
Altough, i don't anyone should take what he says seriously. :)

Juppe
1st February 2007, 09:41
Maybe he should have said "Fernando is good, much better than Fisichella" ;)

It is not unexpected of Flav to say something like this.

Yes, Flavio says whatever suits his contemporary agenda.

He changes his view on anything in a split second, if it serves his purposes.

ArrowsFA1
1st February 2007, 09:42
Briatore moves on very quickly. I'd expect nothing more given his past record where drivers are concerned.

K-Pu
1st February 2007, 09:59
Just another chapter in the "Turncoat", by Flavio Briatore.

OTA
1st February 2007, 09:59
On Spain we say something like this " dime de que presumes y te dire de que careces" which means, tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you are missing.
Cheers
David

ps: looking good, looking really good :)

ottostreet
1st February 2007, 10:14
rubbish, briatore has said "he's good, but not that good", and then says that kovaleinen could become as good "as schumacher and alonso". these drivers have been the guys to beat in F1 over the last ten-thirteen years. who else can kovaleinen become as good as really? briatore just contradicted himself!

52Paddy
1st February 2007, 11:09
I don't think Briatore knows what he's saying. When Fernando was with Renault, Briatore knows how much Fernando helped the team score points and win manufacturer titles. Maybe he's just b*tching to show that because Fernando went to McLaren, they didn't miss much, when in actual fact he knows that they probably won't have as much a chance of another manufacturers title this year.

I don't think Fernando will do any better at McLaren and, infact, I see Ferrari as the strongest team this year but there is too little to go on at the moment so we will see...

pino
1st February 2007, 11:15
Guys do not believe what you read on web-sites, here Flavio says that only Alonso is better than Kovalainen :

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/motor/formula1/es/desarrollo/733433.html

This news is 3 days old, and in the same day Flavio spoke (heard with my ears) to ital TV and told that he has full faith in Fisi...

:crazy: :laugh:

agwiii
1st February 2007, 15:51
On Spain we say something like this "dime de que presumes y te dire de que careces" which means, tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you are missing.

:up:

F1MAN2007
1st February 2007, 16:26
rubbish, briatore has said "he's good, but not that good", and then says that kovaleinen could become as good "as schumacher and alonso". these drivers have been the guys to beat in F1 over the last ten-thirteen years. who else can kovaleinen become as good as really? briatore just contradicted himself!

luvracin
1st February 2007, 16:43

Exactly! I'd say Briatore's overrated - He's good at what he does, but he's not the best. .....

Big Ben
1st February 2007, 16:59
Briatore is a leech

K-Pu
1st February 2007, 19:11
Guys do not believe what you read on web-sites, here Flavio says that only Alonso is better than Kovalainen :

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/motor/formula1/es/desarrollo/733433.html

This news is 3 days old, and in the same day Flavio spoke (heard with my ears) to ital TV and told that he has full faith in Fisi...

:crazy: :laugh:

NEVER trust Marca. NEVER! For example, they claimed SEAT was going to enter F1 with their own team...

PSfan
1st February 2007, 19:22

Hey, welcome to the forum... great first post... :p :

Ed
1st February 2007, 19:40
if alonso is overated, what does that say about Mark Webber hey

trumperZ06
1st February 2007, 20:11
Briatore moves on very quickly. I'd expect nothing more given his past record where drivers are concerned.

;) Hhmmmmm..... YEP !!!

Roamy
1st February 2007, 20:14
Flav love to play with the press. I recall a few yrs back Flav was tell everyone how Alonso is better than MS. Fish will have a bad year there if Hekki is any good.

Valve Bounce
1st February 2007, 21:33
I would not have expected less from Sleazy Flav

futuretiger9
1st February 2007, 22:51
Flavio just says things to get a headline, and create a "soundbite". As people have said, he constantly shifts his opinions and contradicts himself.

As for the merits of Mr Alonso, we shall see. The 2007 season will in many ways be the acid test of his stature as a driver. If he can drag McLaren to the very front of the field, then I hardly think we can dismiss him as "over-rated".

F1MAN2007
2nd February 2007, 16:10
Hey, welcome to the forum... great first post... :p :

Thanks man. Great post?!!! :beer: