PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 WRC Silly Season Rumors

tannat
17th September 2008, 20:27
Bit of a lull in the action util the final 4 rallies.

Where is everyone going next year?

Subaru World Rally Team is coming to their senses-booting Solberg and enlisting the services of Tannat :D

kabouter
17th September 2008, 21:45
I'm thinking of continuing as a privateer under the RallyBase Motorsport banner, and upgrading to a 307 WRC. I'd also like a teammate capable of fighting for some points, so we can stimulate each other. Both of my teammates this season seem to have disappeared...

Rat
17th September 2008, 22:22
I may be a Privateer under the Toyota banner, now I've found out I can still run the WRC Corolla. But I may be tempted to another Team if I can get some more time in the cars and try to keep up with the top 5!
And Red Bull stays with me...more money for the Team and 'it gives you wiiiings!'

Ramore
18th September 2008, 02:15
Subaru World Rally Team is coming to their senses-booting Solberg and enlisting the services of Tannat :D

These is a seat available at Subaru WRT for now, since Will is not participating lately. I surely will be in my Subaru the next season, so you can be my team mate, if you like. I missed a lot events this season, by I hope I will be more motivated to devote one spare hour to rallying if I have something to fight for (I mean if I have serious team mate and fight for the championship top 3 or something).

NOR
18th September 2008, 07:29
The next season is still open for me. We should discuss our plans with my team mate. Maybe continue with Focus, maybe with some other car. On the top of it, I'm very nice surprised with my Suzuki SX4 first test. The car will be released for all customers very soon, so I'm wondering about your reactions then.
http://img1.rajce.idnes.cz/d1/1/1142/1142571_48faa7caac0d86c3776d9a4b15b0de5b/images/CMR2_2008-09-05_23-25-08-82.jpg

tannat
18th September 2008, 12:06
The next season is still open for me. We should discuss our plans with my team mate. Maybe continue with Focus, maybe with some other car. On the top of it, I'm very nice surprised with my Suzuki SX4 first test. The car will be released for all customers very soon, so I'm wondering about your reactions then.
http://img1.rajce.idnes.cz/d1/1/1142/1142571_48faa7caac0d86c3776d9a4b15b0de5b/images/CMR2_2008-09-05_23-25-08-82.jpg

That is the best one yet, NOR :up: :up:

Ramore-I'm up for it, mate!

Frozzy
18th September 2008, 14:10
from next season we will either be the new official Skoda Works team if J.Linstroem is still around or we may have a deal to be the "Stobart Motorsport" Ford Team if we leave the skoda team :)

JTLarsen
18th September 2008, 14:49
Silly season already?? :D

Well, I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay with the Two Basses Team Europe this season, and can reveal that no plans has been made for this team yet.
I will have to sit down with NOR for the final decisions to be made.

On a personal level I wan't to do the full WRC next year, hopefully Tannats plans of an CMR2 IRC will emerge into a full scale quality championship, and if that's the case I will be there too to race for championship points!

Juha
18th September 2008, 23:34
I'm out :(

Lack of time means not enough time to recce and knowing a PS is slower than a PC, I'll be struggling for points.

I might do a few rallies, like Great-Britain (where I don't even need to recce the stages) and the snow events, but certainly not a full season.

NOR
19th September 2008, 08:43
I have seen your pictures on my favourite server eWRC.cz, very nice shots.

Lack of time means not enough time to recce and knowing a PS is slower than a PC, I'll be struggling for points.
I might do a few rallies, like Great-Britain (where I don't even need to recce the stages) and the snow events, but certainly not a full season.

tannat
19th September 2008, 14:33

Sorry to see you go, Juha. Your speed on the Monte is incredible, and pretty darn good everywhere else.

Join us when you can :up:

Juha
20th September 2008, 01:51
I had 2 weeks off before the Monte, that helped. ;)

You're not completely rid of me yet, just don't expect to see me all the time. :)

And I'll be back in a Ford. :D

I have seen your pictures on my favourite server eWRC.cz, very nice shots.

Seem I got better at taking pics, and worse at driving. :D

JTLarsen
18th November 2008, 19:16
A new name
The activities of the Two Basses team in 2008 has been largely based aound developing and creating, so we felt that it was time to change our teamname into something more suitable, and as next year will offer increased activity in several championships and plenty of new stuff to come we have decided on the name "Two Basses Rally Development"

IRC
The TBRD team has commited to do the full season of the new and exciting CMR2 IRC championship, and our weapon of choice will be the all new MG S2000 fresh from the 3D workshop of NOR.

WRC
Our main objective for the '09 season will be the WRC. This saw the development of the highly successfull Ford Focus WRC '08 car, and now that the durability of this car has been set in stone, we are moving onto new projects.. several manufacturers has been negotiated and no contracts has been signed yet, but Citroen has been a very strong contender with their C4.

The 2008 season isn't over yet, and with only one rally to go we are putting a major effort into securing the BRC title and possibly third in the WRC for NOR, apart from that JTLarsen will be pushing very hard to try and grab fith place in the BRC.

UKOG~Will
18th November 2008, 19:29
First and foremost I'm very sorry for not competing, especially sorry to Ramore for letting SWRT down :( and sorry to JTL for not doing the BRC like I said I would do ages ago.

Any game time I have is usually spent on the 360 but with the awesome new cars NOR and the CMR2 community is bringing out I'm very tempted to come back for a few events.

Would love a go in a Focus 08 or the SX4....if anyone wishes to take me up as a 3rd driver or something...

JTLarsen
18th November 2008, 19:56
No need to apologize to me at all! This is done for fun, and nothing else!

I am evil Homer
19th November 2008, 10:17
I'm considering my options...either sticking with the C4 or looking for a works Ford drive after Malcolm Wilson promised he'd slow all the other Fords up to help me ;)

jso1985
21st November 2008, 01:55
I'm proud to announce Citroën has extended my contract for another season!

tannat
21st November 2008, 19:20
Paddy and I will be forming a SEAT team :up:

Rat
21st November 2008, 22:53
I'll be a solo TTA entrant next year. I have been told to get my speed up and not damage the car too much or I'm out!

52Paddy
23rd November 2008, 11:34
Paddy and I will be forming a SEAT team :up:

Yes :up:

Rat
10th December 2008, 08:08
I may be thrown out of TTA. I sorta wrote off the Toymota on day 1 in Wales. SSSHHHHH don't tell anyone. I may be going to Ford to try and get some speed out of the Puma.

52Paddy
10th December 2008, 08:40
I may be thrown out of TTA. I sorta wrote off the Toymota on day 1 in Wales. SSSHHHHH don't tell anyone. I may be going to Ford to try and get some speed out of the Puma.

:laugh: Isn't the Puma quicker than the WRCs anyway?

NOR
10th December 2008, 10:52
Puma is quicker a bit. This car is not allowed in WRC Championship then. You just could use it in IRC as S2000 car.

Rat
10th December 2008, 11:20
*cry, cry, what to use then? I'm sure I'm out of TTA

Ramore
10th December 2008, 23:30
While I was driving the GB Rally today, I was thinking that I was not very motivated, so I came up with two suggestions for the next season which might spice up the championship a bit.
1) I really think we should somehow control for the weather conditions, especially in rallies like GB. It is not fair otherwise. If one have to drive on 15 stages in rain while someone else on 3 stages.
2) I was not really motivated to do the last rally this season. May be I could have been more motivated if I was fighting for something like a sub-trophy. What I mean is that we can divide the championship title in, let's say, 3 sub-championships. All of us will fight for the WRC crown, but may be there could be another sub-championship between several drivers. I mean that, based on the classification for this season, the drivers finished from 4th (or 5th) place to 7th (or 8,9th) place will fight for the Silver championship title, for example. And the drivers finished from 7th (or 8,9th) place to 15th will fight for bronze title or something. I think that will make the whole season more interesting and meaningful.

What do you think about that?

52Paddy
11th December 2008, 08:49
I don't agree about fixed weather conditions. In real rally, first on the road might get dry conditions and next driver could get wet ones. I think it happened in Argentina this year.

But sub-championships is a nice idea. It would definitely make fighting for lower positions more meaningful and probably hold a big entry list for longer. :up:

NOR
11th December 2008, 09:25
In the real rally could be weather different for some drivers. In CMR2 is it sometimes extremely different, which is not so good. But just one way to fix it, is cancelled the rally format and drive in stage format. And here I'm absolutely unlikely - the format should stay on the Rally. Half of the fun is driving fast, but half of the fun is going not so fast to destroy the car. Service stops are absolutely great. Then driving each stage separately with ideal setup and "fresh" car is a more "arcade" than we need, I guess.

tannat
11th December 2008, 09:35
While I was driving the GB Rally today, I was thinking that I was not very motivated, so I came up with two suggestions for the next season which might spice up the championship a bit.
1) I really think we should somehow control for the weather conditions, especially in rallies like GB. It is not fair otherwise. If one have to drive on 15 stages in rain while someone else on 3 stages.
2) I was not really motivated to do the last rally this season. May be I could have been more motivated if I was fighting for something like a sub-trophy. What I mean is that we can divide the championship title in, let's say, 3 sub-championships. All of us will fight for the WRC crown, but may be there could be another sub-championship between several drivers. I mean that, based on the classification for this season, the drivers finished from 4th (or 5th) place to 7th (or 8,9th) place will fight for the Silver championship title, for example. And the drivers finished from 7th (or 8,9th) place to 15th will fight for bronze title or something. I think that will make the whole season more interesting and meaningful.

What do you think about that?

Good points Ramore...

To answer your #1 as well as Paddy and NOR's above comments, I plan the IRC to be a hybrid-some single stage mode rallies where it is called for (i.e. Monte) and some single rally mode rallies.

I plan to give all competitors the option to redo their rallies if they don't like their weather draw.

Regarding #2-this sounds a great deal like the driver priority system (I've thought about this before)

While it smacks a bit of picking teams with your classmates in primar school (I was always the last one chosen) it does have some merits as I think many of us would agree we simply aren't on the same playing levels in terms of equipment, skill etc

For the current WRC Homer and Marcel clearly head and shoulders above the rest, next follows NOR, myself, you, jso when he has had practice time, etc

But then some are better on some surfaces than others (jso in the UK for example)

It becomes messy quite fast, but I see what you are getting at...

jso1985
11th December 2008, 22:29
Let's see...

As for the weather one, I don't know, probably we will have to vote, personally I don't like much the idea of running with a "fresh" car every stage, then again it's quite frustrating to get wet weather on sone rallyes like the asphalt ones.

As for sub-championships, great idea! what about a silver cup where drivers who have never won a rally are elegible and a bronze cup where drivers who have never scored a podium are elegible, thoughts?

tannat
11th December 2008, 22:34
Let's see...

As for the weather one, I don't know, probably we will have to vote, personally I don't like much the idea of running with a "fresh" car every stage, then again it's quite frustrating to get wet weather on sone rallyes like the asphalt ones.

As for sub-championships, great idea! what about a silver cup where drivers who have never won a rally are elegible and a bronze cup where drivers who have never scored a podium are elegible, thoughts?

Yeah-the weather/fresh car issue is a biggie. And there really is soemthing to running a complete rally without having to reenter single stage mode...

Your sub championships idea is spot on :up: