PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon

Mark
16th September 2008, 14:15
Just been strongarmed into going to see them live in December. Are they any good?!

ChrisS
16th September 2008, 17:22
Aren't they a Christian rock band?

themo
16th September 2008, 21:10
This is the release info from the new album.

Release Info
The fourth album from the Followill brothers finds them re-connecting with their Southern roots. In a similar vein to 2003's 'Youth and Young Manhood', Kings Of Leon reaffirm their country origins while still writing powerful rock numbers that sit comfortably next to some revealing down-tempo numbers. Although this is the Kings Of Leon's heaviest to date, fans won't find it to be a huge departure from the band's already impressive back catalogue.

Just listened to 2 tracks from the above album and it sounds alright..

AJP
17th September 2008, 03:12
Just been strongarmed into going to see them live in December. Are they any good?!
Mate, you will love the gig...
They are a great band with infectious tunes..
I'm jealous you're seeing them live..

jim mcglinchey
17th September 2008, 08:12
They were on Jools Holland..er, last night, but it might be repeated.

Mark
17th September 2008, 10:44
Ah, iPlayer ahoy then!

wedge
17th September 2008, 11:35
Dude, they are awesome!

I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2008, 13:05
They are one of the few decent guitar Indie bands around. :up: I saw them live last year, you'll enjoy them :)

Mark
17th September 2008, 14:15
It was them or Travis. Who I have seen before.

Robinho
18th September 2008, 18:13
they are great, lots of great songs and very very good live, of course its always possible you won't like their sound, but personally i rate them very highly

19th September 2008, 09:51
Listening to them all the time, especially Crawl, Sex on Fire, Taper Jean Girl, and Trunk. I think they are coming to NZ next year.

Robinho
19th September 2008, 12:13
for whats its worth they've just won an award at the Vodafone Live music awards, something like best International Live Act, so they ought to be pretty handy ;)

Simmi
20th September 2008, 18:19
It was them or Travis. Who I have seen before.

They are in a different statosphere to Travis!

I've seen them a few times they are top top quality. They headlined Glastonbury this year and their new album comes out on Monday.

Unlike most bands they have actually improved over the years. I cant recommend them highly enough to you.

16th December 2008, 04:16
Mark, have you been to see Kings of Leon yet. I'm keen to know what you thought of them live. They are here in March, cost is $97 NZ.

Mark
16th December 2008, 07:46
Mark, have you been to see Kings of Leon yet. I'm keen to know what you thought of them live. They are here in March, cost is $97 NZ.

Bloomin' brilliant! :D

16th December 2008, 08:45
I better see if there are any tickets left then.

Hazell B
16th December 2008, 17:27
My partner's a big fan of them, but he's had to agree with me that the new album is more about a record company wanting to appeal to a wider audience than really what they sound like.

Live I'm sure they'll sound as they should - :up:

Mark
17th December 2008, 08:28
Live I'm sure they'll sound as they should - :up:

No; One thing about the Kings of Leon is that they sound exactly the same live as they do recorded. And no, they weren't miming :p

leopard
17th December 2008, 08:44

Watching spongebob can be sometimes entertaining more than watching band live. :)

18th December 2008, 03:23
She who hesitates.......doesn't get tickets for Kings of Leon. ;(

Mark
18th December 2008, 07:52
She who hesitates.......doesn't get tickets for Kings of Leon. ;(

Ah, boo! They are insanely popular at the moment, Sheffield Arena was completely sold out. I bought tickets the day after they went on sale and I bascially got some of the last ones going, right at the back!

J4MIE
18th December 2008, 18:46
Their whole tour was completely sold out........ I was nearly tempted to buy a ticket on ebay but the price was rediculous :s I am very jealous Mark!!! :p :

Mark
19th December 2008, 07:55
Their whole tour was completely sold out........ I was nearly tempted to buy a ticket on ebay but the price was rediculous :s I am very jealous Mark!!! :p :

Karen was looking at prices on the ticket tout sites and was thinking of paying like £150 per ticket. But then I went on the Sheffield Arena website and got two tickets for £60 the pair :p

J4MIE
19th December 2008, 20:39
Karen was looking at prices on the ticket tout sites and was thinking of paying like £150 per ticket. But then I went on the Sheffield Arena website and got two tickets for £60 the pair :p

Yeah seemed to be about that price for two of them on ebay so was thinking of buying and then trying to sell the spare one for the same price, but never quite got around to it - story of my life :p :