PDA

View Full Version : A sign of class!

ioan
15th September 2008, 11:36
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4148169,00.html

"To compare me with Michael Schumacher is just a bit ridiculous," he said. "I know him well and he's a very nice guy who is very down-to-earth.

"It will be difficult in normal conditions for us to repeat this achievement, so I will not be going to Singapore thinking that I am a superstar or expecting to win again, because that's just not going to happen."

All this while MS praised him:

"He has the potential to be World Champion but it's a long and rocky road," the seven-time World Champion told The Guardian.

"I was crossing my fingers the car would keep going and he would bring it home. In the end, what he did today was absolutely first-class.

"To make no mistakes in these conditions and dominate the race from the start, and in a car that is not the fastest, shows he is an extremely strong driver in heavy rain."

Azumanga Davo
15th September 2008, 13:49
Nice to have a break from the norm once in a while :)

Daniel
15th September 2008, 14:01
Amen to that :up:

MrJan
15th September 2008, 14:58
Brundle said that he is giving F1 drivers a bad name by being so nice :D :D

wedge
15th September 2008, 16:19
I'm just wondering what journalist Mark Hughes will say about Vettel over the coming weeks. I know he thinks Vettel is good but over-rated and looked at any excuse to put him down.

Donney
15th September 2008, 16:39
Mind you STR are using Ferrari engines......

It was just a joke to stir the thread up a little ;)

I agree with the comments above. It should be this nice more often. :up:

Triumph
15th September 2008, 16:43
I was pleased for Sebastian Vettel and his first victory on Sunday. He comes across as a nice bloke and it's good having likeable personalities within the sport.

52Paddy
15th September 2008, 19:09
Vettel has a really solid personality. I like the guy already. He has his wits about him and isn't getting fired up, despite a top class drive. I reckon that being in the Toro Rosso environment (small customer team) is helpful too in this regard. Jumping straight into F1 in the best car cuts out a lot of the learning process I believe. Its nice to know that he has actually started from the bottom and is (quickly!) working his way up.

F1boat
16th September 2008, 07:49
Vettel is really very nice and Michael is as well, to praise him like that.

wmcot
16th September 2008, 07:55
Vettel is really very nice and Michael is as well, to praise him like that.

We'll have none of that "calling MS nice" on this forum! ;)

ioan
16th September 2008, 09:04
yeah, F1boat how do you dare say MS is a nice person?! ;)

Daniel
16th September 2008, 09:16
We'll have none of that "calling MS nice" on this forum! ;)
I always thought that Michael carried himself well off the track :up: On the track perhaps he wasn't the best sports but off the track I always thought he seemed a nice guy.

gloomyDAY
16th September 2008, 09:32
Fernando Alonso was quite classy as well.

He gave Vettel a hug once the race was finished.
How cool is that?!

ioan
16th September 2008, 10:40

How cool is that?!

You're right it was a very classy gesture, he ran to Vettel and hugged him very friendly, even knowing that he just lost the record for the youngest F1 winner!

:up: for Alonso, he seems to be maturing in a very good direction! :)

PS: I can't believe I wrote so many nice things about FA lately! :confused:

Tonieke
16th September 2008, 11:08

How cool is that?!

It's donne 99% of the time by drivers..either give each other a hug or hand...to congratulate each other...

and on the spa video (other thread) and I am not sure...But wasn't that Lewis dad giving Felipe's dad a hug ? (watching the podium on the end of the video ?) So maybe they get better along than people here on the forum do... ;-)

F1boat
16th September 2008, 12:28
Tonieke, IMO Massa and Lewis are freinds. And it was the other way around, Felipe's dad congratulated Lewis'dad. :)

jens
16th September 2008, 18:22
:up: for Alonso, he seems to be maturing in a very good direction! :)

PS: I can't believe I wrote so many nice things about FA lately! :confused:

It seems the same to me too. It looks like FA hasn't complained much about the team/car this year either what he has done in previous years. Maybe 2007 taught him something and he won't fall out with a competitive team-mate in the future? ;)