PDA

View Full Version : IRC calendar 2009

wwbroe
15th September 2008, 10:28
It seems that Rally of Mexico will be on IRC-calender in 2009 :)
There are also rumours that RAC rally would be on it, but in it's old format, with secret special stages.

sal
16th September 2008, 13:47
Mexico was supposed to be in this year wasnt it? Then it went back to the WRC hence Kopecky doing it in the Punto. As for an "old style" RAC on maps ...!!! There is of course the Roger Albert Clark rally in the UK in November which is for historic cars and runs thru the Yorkshire forests and Keilder but even in an old fart's dreams (yes thats me!) I cant see that happening...Having said that there was a strong suggestion that one of the Scottish clubs had the financial backing to pitch for an IRC round in the UK so you never know...

Tom206wrc
16th September 2008, 15:40
Wonder if the Peugeot teams will have enough money to go to Mexico(as the company sells cars there) :confused:

And perhaps Peugeot Mexico could hire a 207 S2000 for the occasion(for a local 206 cup driver)...???

PLuto
16th September 2008, 16:18
And perhaps Peugeot Mexico could hire a 207 S2000 for the occasion(for a local 206 cup driver)...???

For Ricardo Trivino :)

Addicted
17th September 2008, 18:36
Is there any rumour of Arctic rally (FIN) joining IRC?

It was candidate event this year but haven`t heard anything since last winter. Maybe they will pick Swedish rally instead of Arctic rally for next season.

Tomi
17th September 2008, 20:30

It was candidate event this year but haven`t heard anything since last winter. Maybe they will pick Swedish rally instead of Arctic rally for next season.

Or maybe Poranen + gang understood that IRC gives no more value to the rally, a little same like when it was ERC. Why screw up the best rally in our Championship?

AndyRAC
17th September 2008, 20:32
Mexico was supposed to be in this year wasnt it? Then it went back to the WRC hence Kopecky doing it in the Punto. As for an "old style" RAC on maps ...!!! There is of course the Roger Albert Clark rally in the UK in November which is for historic cars and runs thru the Yorkshire forests and Keilder but even in an old fart's dreams (yes thats me!) I cant see that happening...Having said that there was a strong suggestion that one of the Scottish clubs had the financial backing to pitch for an IRC round in the UK so you never know...

Hasn't there been an about turn on this. Seem to remember last year they were interested in getting funding but were turned down. Recently, I read that they may be able to get the funding from EventsScotland or some similar company. Sounds interesting, let's hope it could work.
Whats happening with Rally GB when it's in the year out - will it run in the IRC, or just not run?

pantealex
18th September 2008, 10:40

I think main problem is that 2009 we use Pirelli control tyre here in Finland and IRC is mainly BFG-serie!

RS
18th September 2008, 14:51
Or maybe Poranen + gang understood that IRC gives no more value to the rally, a little same like when it was ERC. Why screw up the best rally in our Championship?

Lol, you're so funny!

How would a better entry list and more tv coverage ruin your event?

Tomi
18th September 2008, 15:11
Lol, you're so funny!

How would a better entry list and more tv coverage ruin your event?

Nothing guarantee a better entry in the first place, also its the opening in our championship, you should know how much GrN drivers gets attention in IRC events, thats how. Also im not so sure about more TV coverge either, at least not here.

RS
18th September 2008, 16:03
Well if they are driving Mitsubishis (which I guess most of them are?) then they would get the coverage if they performed well enough. But that is a pretty hard task against S2000 cars these days... and provided that any IRC competition didn't discourage any regulars from entering then it should only add to the entry list?

It's only speculation anyway..

Tomi
18th September 2008, 16:11
Well if they are driving Mitsubishis (which I guess most of them are?) then they would get the coverage if they performed well enough. But that is a pretty hard task against S2000 cars these days... and provided that any IRC competition didn't discourage any regulars from entering then it should only add to the entry list?

It's only speculation anyway..

Is it only speculation? If you followed the russian event maybe you can tell me how much attention did the russian guy get who was running second, as far as I know they did not interview him a single time.
Also I would like to hear in what way the coverage would be of better quality if the event would be IRC.

PLuto
18th September 2008, 16:14
Dont confuse IRC and IRC Supporter Event. IRC Supporter Event can be each event, which will pay for it... More than 20 events wants to be in IRC for next year and Arctic Rally wants to be there...
And Arctic Lapland Rally NEVER been real ERC event (I mean ERC in new days or ERC event with coeff. 20 in previous years), it was only European Cup (or in past ERC with lower coefficient), which wasnt important for anybody.

RS
18th September 2008, 16:56
Is it only speculation? If you followed the russian event maybe you can tell me how much attention did the russian guy get who was running second, as far as I know they did not interview him a single time.
Also I would like to hear in what way the coverage would be of better quality if the event would be IRC.

You mean Nokinov? If so, that would be because he was driving a Subaru.

When I said "it is only speculation", I meant it's only speculation that it could be on the IRC calendar.

And re: better coverage, I said more. I don't know how the quality of the tv coverage of the Finnish championship is over there, although one would presume it is pretty good.

Tomi
18th September 2008, 17:11
You mean Nokinov? If so, that would be because he was driving a Subaru.

Yes that was the guy, so he did drive the wrong car bad luck.
It would be nice to see how our Subaru drivers would explaine to their sponsors why there was no TV time in the season opening, just speculation.

RS
18th September 2008, 17:22
Yes that was the guy, so he did drive the wrong car bad luck.
It would be nice to see how our Subaru drivers would explaine to their sponsors why there was no TV time in the season opening, just speculation.

IRC events don't exclude the local tv company from showing their own footage of whatever they want so it would be no different in that respect. If the local drivers wanted to compete in IRC for the whole year then they obviously would not chose a Subaru, for more than one reason.

Anyhow man, what are you doing on the IRC forum since you apparantly hate it so much?

Tomi
18th September 2008, 17:33
IRC events don't exclude the local tv company from showing their own footage of whatever they want so it would be no different in that respect. If the local drivers wanted to compete in IRC for the whole year then they obviously would not chose a Subaru, for more than one reason.

Anyhow man, what are you doing on the IRC forum since you apparantly hate it so much?

I think you asked me a question, and i dont hate IRC, i think its ok for past top level drivers or drivers with not so high ambitions.

Mirek
18th September 2008, 19:15
Tomi: You're meesing it. What is wrong on promoting registred manufacturers only? The fact commercial IRC doesn't show Subarus is problem of Subaru only. Why Subaru don't want their customers to be shown on IRC coverage?

Anyway, do they show non-PWRC (JWRC) drivers on TV when broadcasting official PWRC (JWRC)? No. And that is totaly same. For "registration" in IRC You need just registred car, no other needs. Mitsubishi drivers have enough place on TV if they are good enough. Andreucci, Cols, Kresta, Pech and others last year or Hanninen this year in Portugal were on Eurosport like any other IRC contender.

Tomi
18th September 2008, 20:06
]Tomi: You're meesing it. What is wrong on promoting registred manufacturers only? The fact commercial IRC doesn't show Subarus is problem of Subaru only.

it depends of the point of view, if you look from manufacturers or the drivers side.

Mirek
18th September 2008, 20:30
Take it the same way as JWRC or PWRC. If You don't register, You don't exist for official coverage. In IRC You don't need to register (and to do 6 events in the season under a possible penalty if not) but You must have registred car.

And from my point of view IRC is more friendly to privaters in this case becausef if You are a privateer and have registred car, You needn't do do anything alse than to be fast enough to get on TV. No extra money, no need to do another events.

Why Subaru refuses to register is another question and I don't know the answer.

PLuto
18th September 2008, 21:37
I know the answer - one brittish guy, who doesnt love IRC and Eurosport, because it is more interesting than WRC...

ste898
18th September 2008, 21:40
I read in Autosport that the IRC might bring a new event out here in England called the 'RAC Rally' well there is already a 'RAC Rally' here each November with historic cars so hopefully that name is copyrighted.

PLuto
18th September 2008, 21:44
Yes, it is one of possibilities.

PLuto
18th September 2008, 21:44
As I know, Rally ELPA was veeeery close to IRC 2009, but after cancelling ERC event this year I dont believe in it.

ste898
18th September 2008, 21:58
I read in Autosport that the IRC might bring a new event out here in England called the 'RAC Rally' well there is already a 'RAC Rally' here each November with historic cars so hopefully that name is copyrighted.

HaCo
19th September 2008, 08:18

Why not combine the two events?

AndyRAC
19th September 2008, 09:53
Why not combine the two events?

I may be wrong, but the use of the forests was for 2WD only. Whether getting the IRC would change their minds, who knows?

OldF
19th September 2008, 20:18

You? No, it’s me.

OldF
19th September 2008, 20:24
I think main problem is that 2009 we use Pirelli control tyre here in Finland and IRC is mainly BFG-serie!

That’s correct. The Finnish ASN AKK-Motorsport has made a deal with Pirelli for years 2009-2011.

http://www.autourheilu.fi/tiedotteet/hallituksenpaatokset/17060.html

So, I suppose no IRC in Finland until 2012.

PLuto
20th September 2008, 09:13
Pirelli is also partner of IRC. If there wont be IRC in Finland, it isnt problem of this deal.

OldF
20th September 2008, 11:31
Pirelli is also partner of IRC. If there wont be IRC in Finland, it isnt problem of this deal.

This was the ”official” explanation I read from motor sport magazine ”Vauhdin Maailma”. I also remember that I’ve seen Pirelli advertisement in some of the IRC rallies. I don’t remember which one it was but I was little confused because I thought BF Goodrich was the only and the official tyre supplier. Looking at the web site (www.ircseries.com (http://www.ircseries.com/)) there are in fact three official tyre suppliers, BF Goodrich, Pirelli and Yokohama.

By this the deal with Pirelli shouldn’t be an excuse.

Mirek
20th September 2008, 11:46
OldF: There is no official tyre suplier in IRC. Those three brands are partners of IRC but drivers may use any tyres they want. There were also MRF, Matador, Firestone and others used by the drivers in IRC. Pirelli is used normaly. Not that much as BFG but a lot of drivers use them.

OldF
20th September 2008, 12:11
]OldF: There is no official tyre suplier in IRC. Those three brands are partners of IRC but drivers may use any tyres they want. There were also MRF, Matador, Firestone and others used by the drivers in IRC. Pirelli is used normaly. Not that much as BFG but a lot of drivers use them.

Well, I don’t know but if you look at the bottom of the web site there is ”Official tyre suppliers”. I had a look at the regulations but I didn’t find anything about tyres.

Only thing I found was this:

3. ELIGIBLE DRIVERS
Any driver entered in an Event with a car produced by a registered IRC manufacturer is eligible to score points subject to complying with the advertising rules as specified in appendix A. Manufacturer enquires concerning the Challenge registration and commercial matters should be directed to SRW Events.

I didn’t find the appendix anywhere.

Mirek
20th September 2008, 13:01
You can use any tyres You want because drivers do that way ;)

PLuto
20th September 2008, 13:07
This was the ”official” explanation I read from motor sport magazine ”Vauhdin Maailma”. I also remember that I’ve seen Pirelli advertisement in some of the IRC rallies. I don’t remember which one it was but I was little confused because I thought BF Goodrich was the only and the official tyre supplier. Looking at the web site (www.ircseries.com (http://www.ircseries.com/)) there are in fact three official tyre suppliers, BF Goodrich, Pirelli and Yokohama.

By this the deal with Pirelli shouldn’t be an excuse.

So, they are lying to spectators :cool:

Luis Pacheco
20th September 2008, 13:53
The organization of the Azores Rallye is working hard to get a place on the 2009 IRC calendar.
We know the possibility of this happening are not very large over the most when the IRC in the future tends to be increasingly a second league of the WRC.

OldF
20th September 2008, 19:44
]You can use any tyres You want because drivers do that way ;)

BF Goodrich, Pirelli and Yokohama have given some money to IRC and then they can call themselves “official tyre suppliers”. That’s the way it goes in other sports too.

OldF
20th September 2008, 19:46

Here is some kind of translation of the article.

“The dream of Artic Lapland Rally to get IRC status has floundered. The opening round of Finnish championship had already got their foot between the IRC's door, but now it’s pulled tightly closed and the organisers in Rovaniemi remained at the same time precisely on the wrong side. The reason for the negative decision from the point of view for the Finns can be found in the tyre brands exclusivities and the patterns of cooperation. Finnish championship has cooperation agreement with the Italian Pirelli in the years 2009-2011. Michelin, who just lost to Pirelli the status in WRC, is currently a strong IRC rally supporter. It was just this agreement that AKK-Motorsport and Pirelli signed that prod when granting Arctic an IRC status. Arctic would have been an IRC round in addition to the Finnish championship opening round, and matching the two against each other competing tyre manufacturer's as partners at the same race, albeit in a different series, was not possible.”

I interpret the article that it was IRC that didn’t grant the Arctic rally an IRC status.

It would still be nice to have a snow rally in IRC. Maybe some brave organiser should wake up the old Hankiralli (Snow bank rally).

Tomi
21st September 2008, 09:42

I dont know how it works where you come from, but here if a series has a sponsor for instance Pirelli, other tyre companies can not advertice on the route or in the rally area.

PLuto
21st September 2008, 17:38
Everything is about discussion. In Czech republic we have also problems with Barum (he doesnt like other tyre manufacturers a advertisement), but as you can see, everything is possible. Only all sides must want to make a deal.

I think this articke about Artic is only alibi from organisers...

Tomi
21st September 2008, 17:58
Everything is about discussion.

In this case it is an commersial agreement, not disucussion.

Mirek
21st September 2008, 20:04
Tomi: Barum rally in IRC is also commercial agreement although there are tons of advertisement on Barum tyres everywhere You look. Barum is not IRC partner. Pluto defenitely has the right to tell You that it is possible. Believe him :)

Tomi
21st September 2008, 20:26
]Tomi: Barum rally in IRC is also commercial agreement although there are tons of advertisement on Barum tyres everywhere You look. Barum is not IRC partner. Pluto defenitely has the right to tell You that it is possible. Believe him :)

Offcourse he has the right to say what ever.
Sometimes it can be possible but not always. I cant see any reason why Pirelli should allow competitors to advertise, in a event they have payed the rights to be the only one that advertise tyres.

playmo
23rd September 2008, 18:51
It seems that Rally of Mexico will be on IRC-calender in 2009 :)
There are also rumours that RAC rally would be on it, but in it's old format, with secret special stages.

Is there some sort of official source for that?
From what i've heard over here, the IRC organisers got a little angry because they got ditched for WRC this year, and are now backing from inserting Mex on 09. Anyways, i hope that you are right, but as being one long haul event, lets hope at least we can get 9 or 10 s2000's to compete. (that's the other downside of living all this far....

Cheers.

Burak
25th September 2008, 23:46
Istanbul Rally on May 2009 :)

Luis Pacheco
27th September 2008, 19:20
http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/franciprese08.html

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/franccoel08.jpg
While the organizers of the IRC does not officially disclose the timetable of 2009 are beginning to emerge several rumors about the possible entry of new races in this competition.
Francisco Coelho, president of the organization of Azores Rallye, was in Italy to monitor the Rally of Sanremo (see photo), but also quite possibly to finalize the details of the almost inclusion of the Sata Rally Azores on the calendar of the IRC in 2009.
Portugal would continue to maintain their two tests on IRC, but instead of the Rally of Portugal, including the WRC in 2009, would be the Sata Azores Rally, which is excellent news for the Portuguese motor racing. Let's hope the same is confirmed.

www.ralis.online.pt (http://www.ralis.online.pt)

wwbroe
27th September 2008, 21:24
http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/franciprese08.html

http://alojamentos19.com/~ralis/franccoel08.jpg
While the organizers of the IRC does not officially disclose the timetable of 2009 are beginning to emerge several rumors about the possible entry of new races in this competition.
Francisco Coelho, president of the organization of Azores Rallye, was in Italy to monitor the Rally of Sanremo (see photo), but also quite possibly to finalize the details of the almost inclusion of the Sata Rally Azores on the calendar of the IRC in 2009.
Portugal would continue to maintain their two tests on IRC, but instead of the Rally of Portugal, including the WRC in 2009, would be the Sata Azores Rally, which is excellent news for the Portuguese motor racing. Let's hope the same is confirmed.

That would indeed be good news, then i can come to portugal after all. ;)

Luis Pacheco
9th October 2008, 20:51
This Alpine is being driven by Jean Pierre Nicolas at the Historic Rally of Portugal during this weekend.
The funny is the sticker teeling "Visit the Azores"!
What this can mean I don´t know... :D
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/users/232/23232/a622b7bd.jpeg

pino
10th October 2008, 05:56
... i think its ok for past top level drivers or drivers with not so high ambitions.

I gave up on you paisá :s :p :

J4MIE
13th October 2008, 00:28
I found out today a new event to be included next year but I am not sure if it means a full IRC round or a support event.

It will be announced on Tuesday :)

wwbroe
13th October 2008, 06:24
I found out today a new event to be included next year but I am not sure if it means a full IRC round or a support event.

It will be announced on Tuesday :)

Hey J4MIE, why you don't share it with us then, if you say A you can say B. :D Maybe some other's have heard about it allready too?

Buzz Lightyear
13th October 2008, 10:04

It will be announced on Tuesday :) I assume its in UK?

Luis Pacheco
13th October 2008, 10:36
Next wednesday the 2009 calendar will be known.

pino
13th October 2008, 11:26
I assume its in UK?

That would be great :up:

AndyRAC
13th October 2008, 12:17
That would be great :up:

Yes, but where??

pino
13th October 2008, 12:33
Yes, but where??

Need to wait until tomorrow or wednesday ;)

wwbroe
13th October 2008, 13:09
Maybe you should read my first post in this thread (#01), where i told that i had inside info that RAC rally would be on next year's IRC calendar, so maybe the rumour will become a reality? :D

Buzz Lightyear
13th October 2008, 13:09
I hope its the Scottish Rally.

J4MIE
13th October 2008, 15:47
I'm not sure if I can give details.... you'll have to wait for the news of the press conference in Glasgow tomorrow courtesy of Stirling Council, Perth & Kinross Council and EventScotland ;)

HaCo
13th October 2008, 15:54
I hope an RAC rally like they were in the past: play around in the parcs first, snowy forest stages in north... mmmm :)

Wim_Impreza
13th October 2008, 21:34
I hope an RAC rally like they were in the past: play around in the parcs first, snowy forest stages in north... mmmm :)

Snow? Even in October it was here today 25 degrees. :(

AndyRAC
14th October 2008, 00:22

We already have a RAC Rally in November, and 2 years ago there was snow in Ae Forest. I suspect as has already been said, that the RSAC Scottish will be the event - some good stages up there though they have had a reputation for cutting up in the past. I would imagine the stages to be used would include Ae, Glengap, Castle O'er, Clatteringshaw, etc

J4MIE
14th October 2008, 00:47
We already have a RAC Rally in November, and 2 years ago there was snow in Ae Forest. I suspect as has already been said, that the RSAC Scottish will be the event - some good stages up there though they have had a reputation for cutting up in the past. I would imagine the stages to be used would include Ae, Glengap, Castle O'er, Clatteringshaw, etc

Ok but why would Stirling Council and Perth & Kinross Council sponsor an event in Dumfries?

All will be revealed soon :D

Buzz Lightyear
14th October 2008, 01:57
Oh... the RAC rally will be based in Scotland?! Or maybe the McRae Stages will be a round of it?! Or maybe... nahhhh.

pino
14th October 2008, 07:50
Oh... the RAC rally will be based in Scotland?! Or maybe the McRae Stages will be a round of it?! Or maybe... nahhhh.

Somenthing like that....maybe :p :

AndyRAC
14th October 2008, 08:22
Ok but why would Stirling Council and Perth & Kinross Council sponsor an event in Dumfries?

All will be revealed soon :D

Oh right, I hadn't read that properly. Oh well that would indicate stages in the Perth area and the main Rally in that area is the McRae Stages. Mmm, interesting - I wonder. With hopefully a historic section like this year - but I suspect that was a one-off. To be honest I am really looking forward to this news.

J4MIE
14th October 2008, 13:19
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/170503-0/irc__scotland_to_stage_final_round_in_'09.html

Sounds good but I hope it doesn't clash with the RAC :s I would assume that one day they will use the same stages as the McRae Stages, maybe another in the Trossachs and another around about Glendevon ish (which stopped being used many many years ago). Can't wait to see more info about it!! :up: :bounce:

Hope the championship isn't decided by then so that most people still can come to compete ;)

pino
14th October 2008, 13:57
Great news, count me in J4MIE :D

RS
14th October 2008, 14:56
Great news. I will certainly be attending this and not WRC Rally Wales in 2009!

AndyRAC
14th October 2008, 15:03
Great news. I will certainly be attending this and not WRC Rally Wales in 2009!

But what a month - Rally GB, RAC Rally, IRC Scottish Rally!!

wwbroe
14th October 2008, 16:30
Great news indeed, looking forward to it. It is also good that it will be one more gravel event for IRC, because now there are too much tarmac-events in it. What about the rest of the calendar, any more news. I tought it was announced quite soon also? Anyhow i will be certainly in Scotland in november next year. ;)

Luis Pacheco
14th October 2008, 18:02
Next year the Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally will not be on the calendar anymore for the last weekend of June. The Belgian round of the European Rally Championship and of the IRC (Intercontinental Rally Challenge) will now take place on 19 and 20 June 2009, or one week earlier than usual.

This new date has been chosen on request of the FIA and the promoters of the
IRC, according to André Bostyn, President of the A.C. Targa Florio:

"When the people of Eurosport asked us when we planned to organize the 2009
event, we told them that it would be as usual on the last weekend of June. This
had already been planned as we needed to give our dates to the FIA at the end
of June. Just like last year, they argued two weeks between Russia and Ypres
was quite tight for logistics. Also the FIA then also asked us to move the event
as the Rally of Poland will be part of the World Championship next year and is
happening the same weekend. They want to avoid that there is a race of the
World Championship and the European Championship during the same
weekend.

The FIA first suggested to move the event to the first weekend of July. But that
is impossible. The hotels of the Ypres area are often full during the summer
holidays. The latter years, occupation was up by 30%. The issue is that we are
quite short on hotel accommodation in the area.

This is why we decided to move the event one week forward. This responds to
the demands of the IRC and the FIA. The FIA should approve the decision at
the end of October, but we will not change our mind anymore. All reservations
have already been made…"

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=11&stid=7440

Luis Pacheco
15th October 2008, 14:15
This morning the Azorean press announces the confirmation of the Azores Rallye on the 2009 IRC calendar.

wwbroe
15th October 2008, 15:07
This morning the Azorean press announces the confirmation of the Azores Rallye on the 2009 IRC calendar.

Great, welcome on the calendar, it is gravel event also, isn't it? ;)

HaCo
15th October 2008, 15:57
Looks quite dirty to me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6qD65Ja4I

Luis Pacheco
15th October 2008, 16:01
It is still a rally on gravel roads but the tarmac is beginning to gain ground unfortunately. But is still a great event with difficult stages for the drivers and we have had many huge names winning this event, like Juha Kankkunen (2001), Bruno Thiry (1997), Gregoire de Mévius (1999) and Markko Martin (2000).

HaCo
15th October 2008, 16:04
Wasn't the full calendar supposed to be released today?

Luis Pacheco
15th October 2008, 16:07
Some pictures taken by me on the 90´s:

Alister McRae (1997)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado3/images/3.jpg

Cesar Baroni (1996)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado07/images/baroni96.jpg

Fabrizio Tabaton (1993)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado07/images/tabaton.jpg

Bruno Thiry (1997)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado07/images/thiry.jpg

Sebastien Lindholm (1996)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado207/images/lindholm96.jpg

MArkko Martin (2000)
http://www.fotosralis.online.pt/satapassado207/images/martin00.jpg

Mirek
15th October 2008, 17:40
It is still a rally on gravel roads but the tarmac is beginning to gain ground unfortunately. But is still a great event with difficult stages for the drivers and we have had many huge names winning this event, like Juha Kankkunen (2001), Bruno Thiry (1997), Gregoire de Mévius (1999) and Markko Martin (2000).

Does it mean there are some stages with mixed surface?

Luis Pacheco
15th October 2008, 17:52
There are some stages with segments on asphalt. But not more than 15 to 20% on a stretch of asphalt.

You can see in this video from a stage used on the Azores Rallye.
This one was taken during the last rallye of the Azores championship, two weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LMq7MP6WLw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LMq7MP6WLw)

Mirek
15th October 2008, 18:29
Thank You.

wwbroe
16th October 2008, 00:28
I heard today that rally Mexico will not be on IRC calendar 2009 after all, and it would be replaced by rally in Brazil. :)

Mirek
16th October 2008, 12:04
The further the better for the organization it seems...

wwbroe
16th October 2008, 12:43
]The further the better for the organization it seems...

Well Mirek, there is not so much difference in distance between Brazil and Mexico. As they want it to be "intercontinental" championship, i like it more to be in Brazil then in China. But it is just rumour that i heard, so nothing official yet, but i think the calendar will be anoounced pretty soon. ;)

MK2 BDG
21st October 2008, 18:46

Hopefully the 09 calendar will be published tomorrow ???

Need to start planing which to do

PLuto
21st October 2008, 18:47

Need to start planing which to do

You will race next year in IRC? :s mokin:

MK2 BDG
21st October 2008, 19:11
You will race next year in IRC? :s mokin:

Yep,, pick and chose a few IRC / WRC events ;)

Luis Pacheco
21st October 2008, 20:28

Next wednesday from the past week! :)
The information I have the calendar will be publish after Valais.

MK2 BDG
21st October 2008, 20:42
Hi Luis

I was working on you post of the 13th October (as below)

13th Oct 08, 10:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which to me makes tomorrow. (as being the next wednesday from the 13th )

But hey,, whenever,, :)

Luis Pacheco
21st October 2008, 22:17
Some minutes ago on a motorsport Azorean Television show was told that Valais Rallye will not be in 2009 IRC. Russia and Asturias will continue next year.

Mirek
21st October 2008, 22:20
I also heard about Valais not being there next year.

wwbroe
21st October 2008, 23:00
I heard that allready last year, but it is still there. I dought that it will be in 2009 IRC championship, but hey, we will see next week, you never know. ;)

Luis Pacheco
22nd October 2008, 08:53
Contrary to what was reported by an Azorean newspaper the Azores Rallye is not guaranteed in the calendar yet.

atsiotras79
22nd October 2008, 09:42
Today it was announced by ELPA that the ELPA Rally will be in the ERC for next year at 25-27 of September. Maybe still has a chance in IRC? Who knows....

Although I do not like the date... Same period as San Remo again!!!

Salist
28th October 2008, 10:05
Official IRC website link:
http://www.ircseries.com/html/

wwbroe
10th November 2008, 13:45
Wasn't the IRC calendar for 2009 suposed to come out today. Anybody heard any news about that? :confused:

Luis Pacheco
10th November 2008, 14:32
Should be today however IRC press officer told me there is a possibility it could be later. :rolleyes:

PLuto
10th November 2008, 14:43
Wasn't the IRC calendar for 2009 suposed to come out today. Anybody heard any news about that? :confused:

It is pity, they have it official from last week (I think from Tuesday), I dont know why they wont publish it yet...

Buzz Lightyear
10th November 2008, 14:51
It is pity, they have it official from last week (I think from Tuesday), I dont know why they wont publish it yet...
have you the unofficial one?

james_bond
12th November 2008, 10:33
Some minutes ago on a motorsport Azorean Television show was told that Valais Rallye will not be in 2009 IRC. Russia and Asturias will continue next year.

The President of Comercial Desportive Group , that organize Azores Sata Rally anounce in the Good Morning a RTP Açores Program that signed the contrat for Azores Sata Rally in IRC in the 7, 8 and 9th of May 2009 :D

james_bond
12th November 2008, 10:36

The official IRC 2009 Calendar will be announced Today :cool:

Luis Pacheco
12th November 2008, 11:06
Are you shure?
This morning I had the information about the calendar only next week.

PLuto
12th November 2008, 11:57
Press officer is telling that every week :)

PLuto
12th November 2008, 11:59
And as I told in the past, I dont agree with two events in the same country in this championship...

Luis Pacheco
12th November 2008, 12:10
Press officer is telling that every week :)

:D

james_bond
12th November 2008, 13:24
Are you shure?
This morning I had the information about the calendar only next week.

the president of GDC said tha was today

Luis Pacheco
12th November 2008, 13:55
The IRC press-officer said is next week.

james_bond
12th November 2008, 14:51
Thank Luís Pcaheco, one certain that i have , is Sata Azores Rally is in the 2009 Calendar, because the president of CDG (Comercial Desportive Group) anounced that was sign a contract which IRC to be one of Rally , whi will take place between 7th and 9th of May 2009 :D

james_bond
12th November 2008, 21:26
The IRC press-officer said is next week.

I Have seem the tele journal of tonight , that the predident of CDG said that the president Eurosport IRC said today was known the 2009 calendar :confused:

Luis Pacheco
12th November 2008, 21:42
Dear Azorean James Bond :)

The 2009 calendar will only be publish by the IRC next week.

james_bond
13th November 2008, 09:28
Dear Azorean James Bond :)

The 2009 calendar will only be publish by the IRC next week.

I wainting to see the 2009 Calendar next week :cool:

karlzoro
13th November 2008, 09:46
I wainting to see the 2009 Calendar next week :cool:

I'm waiting also..... :rolleyes:

Wim_Impreza
13th November 2008, 11:33
And as I told in the past, I dont agree with two events in the same country in this championship...

I have the same opinion. Portugal has only a few topdrivers, which is for me even more strange why this country has two IRC events next year.

pucky54
13th November 2008, 11:42
Which two rounds do they have?

Luis Pacheco
13th November 2008, 11:55
Azores and Portugal...

Luis Pacheco
13th November 2008, 11:56
Azores and Madeira...

karlzoro
13th November 2008, 12:18
Azores and Madeira...

then it would be my 3th Madeira in 3 years for me....Azores would be great tot do...But why not 2 round in 1 country??? It are 2 different rallies: a specifiek fast tarmac rally and a technical gravel rally I saw on video's...so why not???

pucky54
13th November 2008, 12:26
And also they are not on the same ground as they are on two different islands.

so no problem with that

PLuto
13th November 2008, 15:10
Main problem is more and more events. I dont think it is so good to growing up number of events for this championship. Thats the main problem - ok, they added Asturias and Scotland (and maybe some other events :o ) ), but being Azores inside is only politics of Portugal federation (to have free place in IRC calendar for backing Rallye de Portugal). I must say, I would rather see Tour de Corse or Rallye Deutschland in IRC.

karlzoro
13th November 2008, 18:10
Main problem is more and more events. I dont think it is so good to growing up number of events for this championship. Thats the main problem - ok, they added Asturias and Scotland (and maybe some other events :o ) ), but being Azores inside is only politics of Portugal federation (to have free place in IRC calendar for backing Rallye de Portugal). I must say, I would rather see Tour de Corse or Rallye Deutschland in IRC.

Deutschalnd would be good for me...only 4h drive from home...
I wonder if thet will take Neste rally with it in 2010??? That rally must stay alive when it'isnt in WRC...

matSLO
16th November 2008, 18:42

I agree with that too. Rather see 1 rally being hosted in 2 countries. If at least 2 events will have such format that will added 2 more countries hosting IRC event within same number of rallies. If Portugal national association can`t decided which rally is better they can swap events every year (like Fuji/Suzuka swapping in F1).

wwbroe
16th November 2008, 20:20
According to this article Rally Azores will be in IRC championship next year and will be run from 7th to 9th of may:

http://rally-mania.cz/index.php?vypisVse=detail&startpos=0&id=6165&kategorie=IRC

Luis Pacheco
16th November 2008, 21:35
The Sata Azores Rally in 2009 will integrate the schedule Intercontinental Rally Challenge, news that was confirmed by Francisco Coelho, president of the GDC.

The contract with the IRC / Eurosport was signed yesterday (11th November), counting the race for the IRC in 2009, and returned to Support Event in 2010 (when the Rally of Portugal quit the WRC and go back to IRC), and back again IRC in 2011.

"Firstly I wish to thank Carlos Cesar, President of the Government of Azores, its unconditional support either in negotiations or in the effective integration of the Azores in the timing of the IRC in 2009," began by saying to the Site of Champions Francisco Coelho.

Now the GDC will have to meet a demanding specifications for putting up such a test, because "it is not just a financial issue that is at stake, since it is necessary to ensure a variety of situations, which involve directly and indirectly this evidence, as the movement of teams, the means of security, among many other things, "reveals Francisco Coelho.

For the same head "is a goal that was achieved in a work that has been done for several years by other directorates of the GDC, because the reports that the FIA receives from our evidence has been very positive. Moreover, the report of the 2008 edition was even the best-ever ".

The proof to be held between 7 and May 9, should keep the super-special debuting in 2008 (and that both had success) but now is already working in a group of people lifting of a number of roads (some of them new) which has the support of Horacio Franco, which will come out of the way of proof, to be known in February 2009.

In the package of disclosure of evidence and the Azores, the Eurosport will direct a series of the event, but since the beginning of 2009 that several advertisements, depicting the Azores (and not the rally) will move into prime-time television channel.

PLuto
16th November 2008, 22:37
According to this article Rally Azores will be in IRC championship next year and will be run from 7th to 9th of may:

http://rally-mania.cz/index.php?vypisVse=detail&startpos=0&id=6165&kategorie=IRC

Good morning Walter, we are talking about it on this thread for a few days ;)

wwbroe
17th November 2008, 06:31
Good morning Walter, we are talking about it on this thread for a few days ;)

I know Pluto ;) , but it seems like it was official yesterday? :D

james_bond
17th November 2008, 14:15

Do anyone have the idea what would be day that the IRC Annouce the 2009 official Calendar :confused:

james_bond
17th November 2008, 14:17

Do anyone have the idea what would be day that anoouced the 2009 official Calendar :confused:

Tom206wrc
17th November 2008, 14:22
And is Mexico still on 2009 program ??? :confused:

Luis Pacheco
17th November 2008, 14:54
Do anyone have the idea what would be day that anoouced the 2009 official Calendar :confused:

Maybe this week but not sure.
Why? Are you afraid of sometinhg? :)

james_bond
17th November 2008, 23:54
Maybe this week but not sure.
Why? Are you afraid of sometinhg? :)

me not afraid :s mokin:, i'am a litte curious :rotflmao: :D

playmo
18th November 2008, 17:21
If you ask me, i AM afraid (pretty sure that Mexico isn't in the calendar) but at the same time HIGH HOPES that it does!

PLuto
18th November 2008, 20:27
Draft calendar of IRC 2009 (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=31&p=11327#p11327)

PLuto
18th November 2008, 21:13
But I dont know if this calendar is good (I have seen six versions yet). As I know, there is for example wrong date of Barum rally.

JRodrigues
18th November 2008, 23:59
So 2 IRC + 1 WRC events in Portugal... Finally we get some recognition.. :s mokin:

wwbroe
19th November 2008, 00:29
So 2 IRC + 1 WRC events in Portugal... Finally we get some recognition.. :s mokin:

I don't agree that it is such good thing that you have two IRC runs in Portugal. They should better distribute the events all over Europe and abroad. ;)

RS
19th November 2008, 05:40
I don't agree that it is such good thing that you have two IRC runs in Portugal. They should better distribute the events all over Europe and abroad. ;)

This is a bit weird, but as said before they are two totally different events and neither are actually IN Portugal as such.

I have heard that the manufacturers aren't too keen on the idea of Mexico. Happy to see Safari on the draft calendar though.

RS
25th November 2008, 17:14
Confirmed: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7519

PLuto
25th November 2008, 17:34
Confirmed: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7519

As I wrote, I had the same version (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7625) confirmed from Eurosport a week ago.

Wim_Impreza
25th November 2008, 18:50
I quote: "Next year, there is a roughly 50-50
mix of asphalt and gravel rallies"

This is not true, 7 events of 12 are on asphalt.

PLuto
25th November 2008, 19:06
Tarmac: Monte, Ypres, Madeira, Barum, Asturias, Sanremo
Gravel: Brazil, Safari, Acores, Russia, Japan, Scotland

wwbroe
25th November 2008, 20:39
Tarmac: Monte, Ypres, Madeira, Barum, Asturias, Sanremo
Gravel: Brazil, Safari, Acores, Russia, Japan, Scotland

This seems 50/50 to me. ;)

Wim_Impreza
25th November 2008, 20:42
Sorry, I thought Scotland was tarmac. My fault.

PLuto
25th November 2008, 22:02
I hope, that too many events in Portugal brings ANY Portugal driver to championship. In other case there is no reason to have too many events in one country.

Luis Pacheco
25th November 2008, 22:27
Portuguese Peugeot team is trying to race on IRC with Bruno Magalhaes and Barroso Pereira also showed interest in running next year but problems with the main sponsor (a bank) puts a break on his intention.

AndyRAC
25th November 2008, 23:10
Pity that Rally du Valais isn't included, as I enjoyed watching that this year. Understand that with Monte and San Remo - they're all similar Alpine stages.
Really looking forward to Monte and Scottish.

PLuto
26th November 2008, 00:07
Pity that Rally du Valais isn't included, as I enjoyed watching that this year. Understand that with Monte and San Remo - they're all similar Alpine stages.
Really looking forward to Monte and Scottish.

You can go to Barum instead of Valais ;)

HaCo
26th November 2008, 06:43
Wonder how much the 7 will become:

5.4 For drivers, co-drivers awards, the best 7 results shall count. Ties will be resolved with the standard international FIA procedures. For manufacturer awards the best 7 results shall count, a maximum of 6 European events within the 7 scoring rounds.

urabus-denoS2000
26th November 2008, 07:53

You keep on inviting people to Barum ;)

karlzoro
26th November 2008, 15:46

Valais is a aprox 8h (± 800km) driving, Barum a lot more (± 1200-1300km)...so give me the Valais...
But if possible I would like to come to see the Czech fans in action :cool:

wwbroe
26th November 2008, 21:15
Valais is a aprox 8h (± 800km) driving, Barum a lot more (± 1200-1300km)...so give me the Valais...
But if possible I would like to come to see the Czech fans in action :cool:

Kevin, you should take plane to come to Barum. I can recomand you very much Barum rally, believe me, i know what i am talking about. :D

OldF
30th November 2008, 22:28
Always when there is a new rally in a series or championship, I get curious about how the stages looks like. The only one I found from Brazil was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMjMbuzQB0

It has been posted earlier in the “World rally championship” forum in some thread.

Mirek
30th November 2008, 22:58
I like that stage but I don't like IRC going somewhere teams don't.

RS
1st December 2008, 09:31
For Brazil, it is the same weekend as a WTCC race and they should be able to share some logistics, so we might see Abarth and Kronos go there yet.

PLuto
1st December 2008, 12:43
As I know, Eurosport was thinking about supporting crews in their starts abroad Europe.