PDA

View Full Version : Pisa, leaning tower

leopard
15th September 2008, 10:00
I was thought it was one of miracles because of its leaning construction, although it was done undeliberately more for poor foundation construction or unstable soil. It's believed that with such construction there will be more angle to cause the tower collapsed in certain period of time in the future.

During its journey it has several attempts to stabilize the building, including to close the power to public. The recent corrective reconstruction succeeded to stabilize it, straightened to safer angle, was reopened to public.

Has anyone with recent update about the tower? The safest and correct angle would mean that it stands vertically. If so, leaning tower would be a wrong name of it.

Valve Bounce
15th September 2008, 10:13
Has anyone with recent update about the tower? The safest and correct angle would mean that it stands vertically. If so, leaning tower would be a wrong name of it.

Just think about it. Why would anyone want the Leaning Tower of Pisa to be standing vertically?
It is still leaning, and Gallileo is still grateful. :rolleyes:

MrJan
15th September 2008, 10:38
According to my parents Pisa = Tourist infested sh** hole. Still, got me a nice Omega Speedmaster 'Replica' ;) from there.

leopard
15th September 2008, 10:54
Just think about it. Why would anyone want the Leaning Tower of Pisa to be standing vertically?
It is still leaning, and Gallileo is still grateful. :rolleyes:
He would be great to be alongside Pat Symond to build the more effective downforce for Renault. :)

Azumanga Davo
15th September 2008, 14:17
He would be great to be alongside Pat Symond to build the more effective downforce for Renault. :)

Is he going to drop Fernando and Flavio off it then? ;) I believe that experiment would be to see who would swear first... :D

veeten
15th September 2008, 15:15
where's pino? He should know...

;) :p :

JSH
15th September 2008, 19:21
I went up it two years ago in May 2006...

It's quite disconcerting when you're right up the top.

Eki
17th September 2008, 13:40
where's pino? He should know...

;) :p :
We are talking about Pisa, not Pizza.