PDA

View Full Version : Where will Vettel go??

dwf1
14th September 2008, 14:31
From today we can see the champion he will be.....but which top team will have him? Ferrari want Alonso, Mclaren have Lewis so to be in a top team, he will have to be a team mate to one of them and will red bull let him go to one of them???

markabilly
14th September 2008, 14:33
I think if I were Ferrari, I would take SV over FA and keep last lap Kimi, saying good bye to Massa (sorry Tazio)

meanwhile Beemer ought to be grabbing FA

F1boat
14th September 2008, 15:52
Maybe the Red Bull family will become strong enough to fight for the championship themselves.
But it will be nice if Vettel becomes champion with Ferrari.

jens
14th September 2008, 16:30
Maybe we should wait until next year and see, how different teams have adapted to the new rules and how will different drivers perform. 2009 will make things more clear.

BDunnell
14th September 2008, 17:08
Is there really any option for him other than RBR, given the uncertainties over the future of STR?

Personally, I would like to see him in a top car in a couple of years depending on his performances, as I tend to enjoy seeing young drivers 'learning their craft' for a bit before going to a big team, rather like Raikkonen did with Sauber, and helping them to higher things, like Schumacher at Benetton.

AndyRAC
14th September 2008, 17:36
Intersting one - the Red Bull links would suggest RBR, the Ferrari engine would suggest Ferrari, also being German could mean BMW being interested. As for Mercedes, don't think so - Hamilton/Vettel in the same team - could be another Senna/Prost - Alonso/Hamilton scenario.

BDunnell
14th September 2008, 18:04
Intersting one - the Red Bull links would suggest RBR, the Ferrari engine would suggest Ferrari, also being German could mean BMW being interested. As for Mercedes, don't think so - Hamilton/Vettel in the same team - could be another Senna/Prost - Alonso/Hamilton scenario.

I wouldn't like to see him in a McLaren either, but BMW might be a good bet, as you say. My real hope, though, is that a bigger range of teams will end up being competitive and give their drivers the chance of winning on merit. We're getting there in 2008 with BMW having good days and now an STR winning on a fairly level playing field.

Somebody
14th September 2008, 18:18
Isn't he already signed for RBR next year to replace the retiring DC?

BDunnell
14th September 2008, 18:20
Isn't he already signed for RBR next year to replace the retiring DC?

I, certainly, was thinking about further in the future when referring to BMW, McLaren, etc.

billiaml
14th September 2008, 18:21
Interesting situation. Given his current connections, either Red Bull or Ferrari spring to mind right away. If memory serves, he's scheduled to be DC's replacement @ Red Bull next year but things can change between now & then, can't they ;)

donKey jote
14th September 2008, 19:52
This guy is the future of F1, he can go anywhere :D

tinchote
14th September 2008, 19:58
If Ferrari did their homework, there might be an option tied to the engine contract.

ioan
14th September 2008, 20:54
If Ferrari did their homework, there might be an option tied to the engine contract.

I'm not sure anymore how Ferrari do their homework.
At the moment they are giving contracts to under performing drivers.