14th September 2008, 14:26
German & Italian national anthems.

Sounds familiar.

dwf1
14th September 2008, 14:28
Vettel because lewis lost pace during the race at times so can't take DOTD

VkmSpouge
14th September 2008, 14:30
Is there really going to be anyone else? Sebastian Vettel.

truefan72
14th September 2008, 14:31
Vettel

then hamilton

I'm not sure why the team asked him back in to change tyres.
He would have won if he stayed out

dwf1
14th September 2008, 14:35
Vettel

then hamilton

The wets would have burned up too much

gm99
14th September 2008, 14:36
Vettel

then hamilton

Because he took on full-drys at the first stop and they would have blown to pieces on the drying track, so he had to change to intermediates.

As to MOTR, as VkmSpouge already said, there can only be one - VETTEL, well done!

harvick#1
14th September 2008, 14:43
Vettel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STR wins a race before RBR, classic :s mokin:

gloomyDAY
14th September 2008, 14:48
Vettel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STR wins a race before RBR, classic :s mokin: :laugh:

Someone needs to kick Adrian Newey in the sack for choosing Renault over Ferrari engines.

Marshall
14th September 2008, 14:56
Easy, Vettel.

Amazing job, all weekend.

Honorable mention goes to Kubica for flying under the radar and onto the podium from p11.

markabilly
14th September 2008, 14:57
Vettel and behind him would be LH but the other driver was Naka, who seemed to go very well, until DC and him touched.

OTOH, seems that Kimi "needs a mention" for being polite and letting Ham go by, and then setting the fastest lap on the last lap, setting a new record for fast laps in a season. But as to what he needs as "a mention" for......

Viktory
14th September 2008, 14:58
Vettel.
No doubt about it :up:

Dave B
14th September 2008, 15:03
Vettel was the star of the whole weekend, pole and the win on merit.

Kubica also deserves credit for converting P11 into a podium.

harvick#1
14th September 2008, 15:04
Someone needs to kick Adrian Newey in the sack for choosing Renault over Ferrari engines.

notice STR is ahead of RBR in the manufactorer points race also :D

gloomyDAY
14th September 2008, 15:05
Vettel was the star of the whole weekend, pole and the win on merit.

Kubica also deserves credit for converting P11 into a podium.Yes! People have forgotten about Kubica. Crap qualifying turned into a podium. :)

I don't think BMW could be any happier.

Sleeper
14th September 2008, 15:24
This thread needs to be renamed "Vettel appreciation". Its a forgone conclusion who was driver of the day this time.

Bradley
14th September 2008, 15:35
Hamilton. He was stripped of win again.

:D Yes, by Vettel, Kovalainen, Kubica, Alonso, Heidfeld and Massa : taking into account the stop-and-go that Hamilton escaped after driving Webber voluntarily off the track, it was Webber who merited to win the race ;)

Clearly Vettel driver of the day in Monza.

F1boat
14th September 2008, 15:37
Vettel. It was very, very nice to see the combo of the German and the Iralian anthem at Monza. :)
To me, this was the drive of the year.

HenryM
14th September 2008, 15:39
Vettel :eek: :D :up:

gm99
14th September 2008, 16:00
Vettel. It was very, very nice to see the combo of the German and the Iralian anthem at Monza. :)

Surely you must be referring to ye olden days of Von Trips and Ferrari :D

ioan
14th September 2008, 16:02
Is there the slightest chance that a moderator could merge the 2 "DOTR" threads?

gloomyDAY
14th September 2008, 16:03
Is there the slightest chance that a moderator could merge the 2 "DOTR" threads?Yes, please merge this thread. :)

Nikki Katz
14th September 2008, 16:05
Although Hamilton was good, I don't see how this can go to anyone but Vettel.

FIA
14th September 2008, 16:30
Vettel had a brilliant race.

Hamilton was solid again, lost pace

Also I must mention that Kovalainen, Kubica, Alonso and Fisichella had a decent race too.

STR win before RBR, but also Toyota (and Force India.)

jens
14th September 2008, 16:34
A pacesetting performance throughout the weekend by a Minardi ( :D ) is something, which is impossible to ignore or get overlooked, so no surprise all the votes go there. ;)

But among others Kubica and Alonso were impressive again.

Daniel
14th September 2008, 16:38
Vettel :up:

donKey jote
14th September 2008, 19:47
Fettle :up: :up:

Followed a long way back by Kubica and Alonso :p :

tinchote
14th September 2008, 20:19
A pacesetting performance throughout the weekend by a Minardi ( :D ) is something, which is impossible to ignore or get overlooked, so no surprise all the votes go there. ;)

Wholeheartedly agreed :D

ArrowsFA1
14th September 2008, 21:31
Absolutely no question that DOTD was Vettel. He earned pole position on merit, and won the race on merit.

Sometimes, in those kind of conditions we get a "lucky" winner, but today there was nothing lucky about Vettel's, or Toro Rosso's performance.

aryan
15th September 2008, 02:20
Vettel. Drive of the year. No question.

Honourable mention to Kubica and Hamilton.

pino
15th September 2008, 06:42
Minardi :up: :D

ioan
15th September 2008, 09:24
Minardi :up: :D

Didn't see him drive yesterday! :p :

Knock-on
15th September 2008, 10:02
Vettel then LH.

Was overjoyed for SV and he really drove an inspired race. Full credit to the lad.

I think we're going to see some great battles between these 2 over the next decade. F1 has so a solid future if the politicians would just STFU.

MrJan
15th September 2008, 10:43
I can't believe that this thread exists :eek:

Knock-on
15th September 2008, 10:51
I can't believe that this thread exists :eek:

Could we rename the thread to:

"Can anyone think of a reason Vettel wasn't the driver of the day?"

Donney
15th September 2008, 11:02
Vettel
Kubica
Hamilton

samuratt
15th September 2008, 15:40
Sebastian Vettel was impresive, and Minardi too XDD

Apart from that Lewis put a lot of action and overtaking too...

Also a mention to kubica and Alonso.

Triumph
15th September 2008, 17:18
My vote is Hamilton first, then Vettel second. The question regards driver of the day, doesn't it? People seem to be basing their vote on qualifying achievements too, which were of course on the previous day.

Hamilton first because he finished nine places higher than his starting position (unlike his main rival) and provided most of the action throughout the race.

Vettel second for his faultless conversion of an unexpected pole into a milestone win.

:)

schmenke
15th September 2008, 18:20
Because he took on full-drys ...

You mean full-wets...

DOTD:
Vettel
Kubica
Hamilton

stevie_gerrard
15th September 2008, 21:12
Kimi ;)

stevie_gerrard
15th September 2008, 21:12
nah im only joking :p : Vettel was simply superb, i can't wait for him to really shine next season :)

wmcot
16th September 2008, 06:20
Absolutely Vettel!! I can't believe that many posters can't list Vettel without throwing in LH - the day was Vettel's alone!

ioan
16th September 2008, 08:50
Absolutely Vettel!! I can't believe that many posters can't list Vettel without throwing in LH - the day was Vettel's alone!

;)

Storm
16th September 2008, 10:08
wmcot, I am no LH fan but he does deserve a mention...he was the best "racer" out on track yesterday and schooled Kimi on how to get past slower cars..(some of his stuff bordered on dodgy...putting Glock on to pasture, jinking in front of Alonso etc) but he fought hard and won a few points after a bad qualifying.

But, for sheer calmness under the pressure of being the youngest pole winner, and a wet track with plenty of faster cars behind.
Pole to Flag and dominating the field showing lot of maturity at such young age, it has to be Vettel.

ioan
16th September 2008, 11:20
My vote is Hamilton first, then Vettel second. The question regards driver of the day, doesn't it? People seem to be basing their vote on qualifying achievements too, which were of course on the previous day.

Hamilton first because he finished nine places higher than his starting position (unlike his main rival) and provided most of the action throughout the race.

Vettel second for his faultless conversion of an unexpected pole into a milestone win.

:)

So LH is the best for beating the Force India's, the Williams, the Toyota's, the Honda's, 1 poor Renault, DC's RBR and the most uninspired Ferrari driver.

The guy who beat all of them is only credited with 2nd best on the day.

:laugh:

F1boat
16th September 2008, 12:33
IMO I prefer the way Kimi was defeated than the danbgerous and dirtry tactics by Lewis. Good that he didn't hurt anyone.