PDA

View Full Version : LMGT1 is dead

wedge
13th September 2008, 11:49
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70520

Certainly looks like GT2 will be the new GT1 or single GT class.

rob01
13th September 2008, 14:52
i think this has been this coming for a while. corvette didnt have any rivals in the ALMS. cant see it happening in europe, FIA gt is strong but in the LMS i think theres only 4 GT1 entries for silverstone which isnt great.

call_me_andrew
14th September 2008, 05:19
If Peugeot and Audi aren't back next year, LMP1 won't be far behind.

harvick#1
14th September 2008, 06:23
If Peugeot and Audi aren't back next year, LMP1 won't be far behind.

what???? last I remember, the LMP1 field at LeMans was the biggest field of the 4.

in ALMS, they would be all but dead with the likes of Intersport, Autocon and Cytosport racing.

Honda/Acura is still planning a LMP1 machine, Toyota has been rumored along with BMW wanting to come back.

the new Green Challenge has alot of manufactorers wanting to participate. I see the ALMS becoming very strong with the new point system as alot of teams want to build the best and cleanest racecar

F1boat
14th September 2008, 08:05
Pity, but it is not an unexpected result.

Bob Riebe
15th September 2008, 03:30
the new Green Challenge has alot of manufactorers wanting to participate. I see the ALMS becoming very strong with the new point system as alot of teams want to build the best and cleanest racecar
LOL, they don't give a damn about green or any other gimmick, they want to finish first, and have some one else pay for the effort.

I would not get your hopes up.

ProRally
15th September 2008, 17:34
Looking forward to see the first test of the Lambo Gallardo in GT2 version maybe late this month if not early october.

wmcot
3rd October 2008, 06:28
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70520

Certainly looks like GT2 will be the new GT1 or single GT class.

It makes more sense. I love the ALMS series, but I never pay attention to GT1 results because I don't care which Corvette finished 1st or 2nd. It will be fun to watch them in GT2 to see how competitive they can be running GT2 specs.

C6RAPTOR
3rd October 2008, 22:28
It makes more sense. I love the ALMS series, but I never pay attention to GT1 results because I don't care which Corvette finished 1st or 2nd. It will be fun to watch them in GT2 to see how competitive they can be running GT2 specs.
LG Motorsports GT2 Corvette has the 5th fastest time in GT2 .
I think we will see one hot Corvette up front on Saturday
The factory Corvettes will be in GT2 next year