PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton tempts rivals into mind games

elinagr
12th September 2008, 11:23
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080912093043.shtml

Hamilton talking about Raikkonen:

"That's the way he drives, If you don't have the balls to brake late, that's your problem,"

What a bad attitude, there is no way Kimi will let him win this weekend,
if Hamilton tries to pass Kimi they will crash for sure. Ferrari will start to favor Massa and it will work well with Kimi's help.I dont think that Kimi wants Hamilton to win the championship after this stubit comments.
In 2008 a stubit English comments the world champion that he don't have the balls, oh dear, someone should teach him a lesson on Sunday.

ioan
12th September 2008, 11:40
Mind games?!

We all know that Lewy has great balls, after all he keeps repeating it day and night, however in order to play mind games you first need a great mind, and for now there is little proof he's got one.

Knock-on
12th September 2008, 11:47
I read it and laughed.

This penalty has fired him up more than usual.

:D

PolePosition_1
12th September 2008, 12:00
I read it and laughed.

This penalty has fired him up more than usual.

:D

I agree I think its awesome.

We all complain about drivers being too PR orientated and in the interests of sponsors and PC. And when one breaks the mould everyone is first to jump on him and criticise him.

I hope it continues :)

Knock-on
12th September 2008, 12:07
I agree I think its awesome.

We all complain about drivers being too PR orientated and in the interests of sponsors and PC. And when one breaks the mould everyone is first to jump on him and criticise him.

I hope it continues :)

:laugh:

Lets get back to the drivers being the most important part of this circus and not the Team Principles, engineers, race directors, stewards, members of the FIA or the hooker wife of an MI5 employee :)

Some people here would sh!t a brick at some of the goings on with the likes of Senna, Prost or Il Leone

Big Ben
12th September 2008, 12:08
I don't really care if he has big balls or not... it's his big mouth that bothers me. I don't recall hearing any other driver talking so much about how great he is.

ShiftingGears
12th September 2008, 12:23
Mind games?!

We all know that Lewy has great balls, after all he keeps repeating it day and night, however in order to play mind games you first need a great mind, and for now there is little proof he's got one.

True. I see it as him running off at the mouth and again making self gratifying comments.

Knock-on
12th September 2008, 12:35
I hope Kimi and Massa are a little more thick skinned than some here or Ferrari are really in trouble.

Hope none of you lot ever play cricket if a few digs upsets you so much :D

Here's a few for you.

1) Rodney Marsh (Australia) and Ian Botham (England)

Rodney Marsh to Ian Botham in an Ashes match: “So how’s your wife and my kids?” Ian Botham's reply - "The wife's fine. The kids are retarded !"

2) Javed Miandad (Pakistan) and Merv Hughes (Australia)

Javed Miandad called Hughes a fat bus conductor during a match. A few balls later, Hughes dismissed Miandad. “Tickets please,” said Huges, as he ran past the departing batsman.

3) Glenn McGrath (Ausrtralia) and Ramnaresh Sarwan (West Indies)

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's di*k taste like?"Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife.

McGrath (lost his cool): "If you ever F**king mention my wife again, I'll F**king rip your F**ing throat out."

4) Douglas Jardine (England) and Bill Woodfull (Australia)

England player Jardine complained that one of the Australian players called him a B4stard . Australian captain Bill Woodfull turns to his team, points to Jardine and asked “Which one of you b4stards called this b4stard a b4stard ?”

5) Mark Waugh (Australia) and Adam Parore (New Zealand)

Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark - "Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were then, you're ••••••• useless now". Parore- (Turning around) "Yeah, that's me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut & now I hear you've married her. You dumb ••••".

6) Steve Waugh (Australia) and Parthiv Patel (India)

When Steve came (Steve's last test match) to bat, Parthiv said, "Come on, just one more of the famous slog-sweeps before you finish" Steve-"Respect Me...for when i made my test debut You were still in your nappies".

7) Glen McGrath (Australia) and Eddo Brandes (Zimbabwe)

Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes - who was just missing each ball. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: "Why are you so fat?"Quick as a flash, Brandes replied, "Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit."

8) Ravi Shastri (India) and Mike Whitney (Australia)

Shastri hits the ball towards Mike Whitney (the 12th man in the game) and looked for a single. Whitney said, "If you leave the crease i’ll break your f***ing head". Without battling an eyelid, Shastri retorted, "If you could bat as well as you can talk you wouldn't be the f***ing 12th man".

9) Sunil Gavaskar (India) and Viv Richards (West Indies)

To ease the pressure on himself, Sunil Gavaskar had decided to come lower down the order and bat at No 4 for that particular match. But, Malcolm Marshall fired out Anshuman Gaekwad and Dilip Vengsarkar for ducks, setting the stage for Gavaskar to walk in at 0/2. Viv Richards said "Man, it don't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero."

10) Viv Richards (West Indies) and Merv Hughes (Australia)

Viv Richards hit Merv Hughes for four consecutive boundaries in one over. Merv stops halfway down the pitch, farted loudly, and said to Viv: “let’s see you hit that to the boundary!” Viv was dumb-founded.

Big Ben
12th September 2008, 12:50
so in our case, it's hamilton and... who?

Dave B
12th September 2008, 12:58
Top-flight international sportsman uses the media to put pressure on his championship rivals.

Hold the front page :rolleyes:

wedge
12th September 2008, 14:14
I don't really care if he has big balls or not... it's his big mouth that bothers me. I don't recall hearing any other driver talking so much about how great he is.

Senna?

Prost once said "the problem with Senna is that he thinks he is God"

12th September 2008, 14:57
Senna?

Prost once said "the problem with Senna is that he thinks he is God"

He well might have been thinking that he was "God", but I don't recall him ever claiming that Alain was lacking in the testicle department.

jens
12th September 2008, 14:59
:laugh: That quote made me laugh too! He's talking very... straight!

Talking about arrogance... it may be easy to become arrogant if one becomes very successful already early in his career and feels superiority over others in direct competition. Time may settle him down (I don't quite think he'll have similar comments at the age of 30) and/or if he faces rivalry, against who he struggles. Last year's WDC was his to lose and this year he is leading the standings again. He hasn't really felt yet that there is somebody, who is too hard to beat even for him... If one day he experiences such feeling, it may increase his respect about his rival(s).

Shalafi
12th September 2008, 15:11
Hamilton showed in Canada how he has balls to brake REALLY late...

wedge
12th September 2008, 15:15
He well might have been thinking that he was "God", but I don't recall him ever claiming that Alain was lacking in the testicle department.

Schumi didn't like Senna bullying him in 92/93. Senna retorted by calling Schumi a "stupid boy".

MAX_THRUST
12th September 2008, 15:25
Lewis has been playing games for a while now, I'm surprised it has taken this long for a thread on it....He has made plenty of comments, none that I can recall. A few to Massa in press conferences. The experienced drivers know it, but it can still rattle people.

There's no harm in coming second as long as you tried your best. That line has worked so many times in so many sports, and people still fall for it.

Fighting talk is good for the fans and good for egging drivers on.

12th September 2008, 15:32
Schumi didn't like Senna bullying him in 92/93. Senna retorted by calling Schumi a "stupid boy".

Yes, but that was in a slanging match after both were involved in a crash, not in an interview. Schumi slapped Sato on the helmet (Down, Max!) but that too was in the heat of the moment, not in a PR event.

Not sure I remember Senna being so derogatory in an interview.

elinagr
12th September 2008, 15:39
what a stupit thread :P

pino
12th September 2008, 15:54

You sound just like someone I banned months ago for posting such stupid and unecessary posts...so stop doing that and stay away from topics you don't like !

pino
12th September 2008, 16:00

Why you started it then ?

wedge
12th September 2008, 16:00
Yes, but that was in a slanging match after both were involved in a crash, not in an interview. Schumi slapped Sato on the helmet (Down, Max!) but that too was in the heat of the moment, not in a PR event.

Not sure I remember Senna being so derogatory in an interview.

When he was really angry Senna used to use expletives in the press conferences. Can't remember exactly but I seem to remember watching on youtube clip of one of the press conferences and he used the F word whilst referring to someone in particular.

ioan
12th September 2008, 16:05

I wonder who started it! :laugh:

wedge
12th September 2008, 16:08
Reminds me of when Patrese congratulated Mansell for setting pole at Silverstone 1992 and Patrese wanted to check how big Mansells balls were!

The day Kimi passes Lewis on the track, would be funny if Lewis grabbed Kimi's balls during the podium ceremony!

*checks podium ceremony protocol*

Knock-on
12th September 2008, 16:12

I remember that.

Wouldn't it be good to get a bit more personal with F1. It's been aloof for way to long and it's refreshing to see someone "big it up" a bit.

I know the bleeding hearts will moan about the arrogance, rudeness, cheek etc but I love it :D

Dzeidzei
12th September 2008, 16:30
Well it seems that Kimi´s really upset. He responded with an Italian type of emotional way.

"I dont care", he said. Or "all the same". In Finnish that speaks more than a thousand words about how he feels about Lewis´ mind games :)

And I thought Lewis´s mind games was handled by his papa.

elinagr
12th September 2008, 19:34
I pray for Kimi to crash into Hamilton, payback from earlier this year an the pit exit.........

gloomyDAY
12th September 2008, 19:48
I pray for Kimi to crash into Hamilton, payback from earlier this year an the pit exit.........That's a silly thing to say while accusing Hamilton of being a bad sportsman.

Tomi
12th September 2008, 20:46
The day Kimi passes Lewis on the track, would be funny if Lewis grabbed Kimi's balls during the podium ceremony!

Maybe better if he continious playing with his own and his dad's balls.

elinagr
12th September 2008, 21:23
Sportsman? who is this?:P

markabilly
12th September 2008, 22:50
what ???Last year he said he was cooler than Kimi and then went out and pushed the wrong button, crashed out in the pitlane....bottom line last his cool while kimi took home a WDC.........so expect him to do something really stupid now that will demonstrate his balls are much smaller than Kimi, that is assuming he has any, and the more I see of him at times, the more I wonder how much make-up....I mean are thsoe lips really that red, and is he using eyebrow liner??????????????

CNR
12th September 2008, 23:23
i hope that a Ferrari driver can take the WDC for the next 4 or 5 years in a row

i think if alonso ends up there is a good chance of that

wedge
12th September 2008, 23:24
Wouldn't it be good to get a bit more personal with F1. It's been aloof for way to long and it's refreshing to see someone "big it up" a bit.

I know the bleeding hearts will moan about the arrogance, rudeness, cheek etc but I love it :D

It's a shame really.

People say how boring F1 drivers are these days but if you speak your mind and you're labelled as arrogant.

Tonieke
12th September 2008, 23:26
.........so expect him to do something really stupid now that will demonstrate his balls are much smaller than Kimi, that is assuming he has any,

what do you mean by doin something stupid ? Like this you mean ? ;-))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VW2oAkjcJ4

Viktory
12th September 2008, 23:39

I thought that showed Kimi had pretty big balls, I would be in a lot of pain after a fall like that.

:p

CNR
12th September 2008, 23:45

NO NO some thing like this

http://onlooker-josh.blogspot.com/2007/06/lewis-hamilton-crashes-42000-go-kart.html

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 00:09
I thought that showed Kimi had pretty big balls, I would be in a lot of pain after a fall like that.

:p

haha ya..i also had this "auch" feeling when I first saw it ! ;-)

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 00:11
NO NO some thing like this

http://onlooker-josh.blogspot.com/2007/06/lewis-hamilton-crashes-42000-go-kart.html

lol ok....you scored the equaliser there ! ;-)

Miatanut
13th September 2008, 03:04

CNR
13th September 2008, 03:50
think about siting in an f1 car with big balls with your legs close together

cosmicpanda
13th September 2008, 03:52
no wonder they like smooth tracks.

ShiftingGears
13th September 2008, 05:27

:laugh: :laugh:

Valve Bounce
13th September 2008, 07:42
think about siting in an f1 car with big balls with your legs close together

..................and then dying to have a shyte.

Boy!! that would be a Greek Tragedy.

wmcot
13th September 2008, 08:13
Mind games?!

So why is Lewis so obsessed with everyone's balls? Hmm?

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 08:19
So why is Lewis so obsessed with everyone's balls? Hmm?

because he is probably gay..there..happy now ? lol

wmcot
13th September 2008, 08:21
because he is probably gay..there..happy now ? lol

No...Afraid! :(

elinagr
13th September 2008, 08:28
he crash this kart because is small for his big balls.. maybe weight balance was wrong with the big balls changing directions and he spin :P

Triumph
13th September 2008, 08:30
. . . . I don't recall hearing any other driver talking so much about how great he is.

Pinched from Wikipedia:

"He's a quality driver, very strong and only 16. If he keeps this up I'm sure he will reach F1. It's something special to see a kid of his age out on the circuit. He's clearly got the right racing mentality."

Michael Schumacher speaking about Hamilton in 2001.

;)

wmcot
13th September 2008, 08:31
Pinched from Wikipedia:

"He's a quality driver, very strong and only 16. If he keeps this up I'm sure he will reach F1. It's something special to see a kid of his age out on the circuit. He's clearly got the right racing mentality."

;)

MS was right in 2001. Problem is that Lewis still has the mentality of a 16 year old! (Or at least the mouth of one!)

Triumph
13th September 2008, 08:38
I think it's the usual case of people mistaking confidence for arrogance. Based on other interviews I have seen, he seems to be a genuinely nice person.

He is reacting to a decidedly anti-McLaren (and therefore anti-Lewis) atmosphere that seems to exist in F1 at the moment. He is clearly riled and rightly so.

:)

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 08:57
No...Afraid! :(

nad don't think you have to be....i don't think you can compete with Nicole Scherzinger ! ;-)

CNR
13th September 2008, 09:20
has lewis been cheating ?????

Lewis Hamilton vows to be squeaky clean to win F1 championship (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2008/09/13/lewis-hamilton-vows-to-be-squeaky-clean-to-win-f1-championship-115875-20735034/)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2008/09/13/lewis-hamilton-vows-to-be-squeaky-clean-to-win-f1-championship-115875-20735034/

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 09:34
has lewis been cheating ?????

Lewis Hamilton vows to be squeaky clean to win F1 championship (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2008/09/13/lewis-hamilton-vows-to-be-squeaky-clean-to-win-f1-championship-115875-20735034/)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2008/09/13/lewis-hamilton-vows-to-be-squeaky-clean-to-win-f1-championship-115875-20735034/

did he ever denied he cut the chicane ? nop..thought this was all about the penalty he got afterwards....

so what he says is true...they are looking for every opportunity to give him or the team a penalty lately...deserved or not..while they (FIA/ stewards ) are not always that consequent following the rules by the letter when other teams are involved !

elinagr
13th September 2008, 09:59
Hamilton will make sure that Kimi's championship hopes will end??
Kimi will make sure he doesnt finish the race then :D

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 10:09
Hamilton will make sure that Kimi's championship hopes will end??

are those Hamilton's exact words ?

Kimi will make sure he doesnt finish the race then

I would suggest you go watch a banger race on sunday where it is allowed to take out others deliberately...

Big Ben
13th September 2008, 10:12
Pinched from Wikipedia:

;)

It's probably my english but I was talking about someone constantly admiring himself in interviews how great he his compared to the others.

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 10:16
It's probably my english but I was talking about someone constantly admiring himself in interviews how great he his compared to the others.

maybe he is just telling the truth ? ever looked at it that way ? ;-)

elinagr
13th September 2008, 12:33
are those Hamilton's exact words ?

yes they are here:

The Brit also accused world champion Kimi Raikkonen of lacking "the balls to brake late" in their wet weather duel and, with more rain forecast for race-day, Hamilton vowed to end the Finn's title hopes.
Raikkonen is 19 points adrift now, one more than 12 months ago when he bounced back to become surprise champion.
"That is not going to happen this year," said Hamilton. "I am going to make sure it doesn't."

I would suggest you go watch a banger race on sunday where it is allowed to take out others deliberately...

Hamilton not finishing a race will be the best

ICKE
13th September 2008, 13:37
HAHA!

Massa was a lot faster than Hamilton in Q3. Who's the one not driving with balls now?

:p ::p ::p :

Big Ben
13th September 2008, 13:43
maybe he is just telling the truth ? ever looked at it that way ? ;-)

that means he checked everyone's balls out there and I've never seen him walking around with a black eye.

p15. way to go buddy! those big balls must be touching the steering wheel :laugh:

elinagr
13th September 2008, 14:15
Kimi is in the better position to block hamilton and take him out

that's the tomorrow's target

elinagr
13th September 2008, 14:16
Big Balls Are Adding Some Weight In That Mclaren Haha

markabilly
13th September 2008, 14:21
If either his balls or his brain were big enough to be 5% of the size of his mouth, he might be closer to hk then to kimi and sutil......

ioan
13th September 2008, 14:24
If either his balls or his brain were big enough to be 5% of the size of his mouth, he might be closer to hk then to kimi and sutil......

:rotflmao:

elinagr
13th September 2008, 14:25
ioannnnnnnnnnn mouuuuu

yodasarmpit
13th September 2008, 14:32
Big Balls Are Adding Some Weight In That Mclaren Haha

lol

ioan
13th September 2008, 14:38
ioannnnnnnnnnn mouuuuu

English please!

elinagr
13th September 2008, 14:39
My Ioannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

jens
13th September 2008, 14:45
According to the press conference Hamilton decided for inters in Q2? Well, I was wondering, why he was slower than everyone by 2 seconds in Q2. :p : Hamilton's self-belief is so enormous that he thought he could beat everyone on inferior tyres. :D Or he tried to prove he is the only one, who has balls to drive with inters in monsoon conditions? :D Well, this is a lesson he will remember for the rest of his life... maybe.

The strangest thing is that he was on wrong tyres and they never decided to switch back to extreme wets...

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 14:51
great qualifying..looking forward to tomorrows race..also think lewis made a mistake there..staying to long in he pits ! But well..we will see what the race brings...

PS: to all you out there making fun of any driver...THAT is a perfect sample of being ARROGANT....knowing if they would put any of you behind the steeringwheel of an F1 car would make you "sh@it"your pants !

markabilly
13th September 2008, 14:56
PS: to all you out there making fun of any driver...THAT is a perfect sample of being ARROGANT....knowing if they would put any of you behind the steeringwheel of an F1 car would make you "sh@it"your pants !
Only if they made me sit in Hamilton's lap

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 15:05

eww I just had a bad visual..seeying you get out of the car afterwards ! ;-)))

ioan
13th September 2008, 15:26

:rotflmao:
Man you are on top of your game today! :up:

ioan
13th September 2008, 15:28
eww I just had a bad visual..seeying you get out of the car afterwards ! ;-)))

You should have waited for Hamy too than! :laugh:

elinagr
13th September 2008, 17:25
do you mean that you will sit in the car with Hamilton?
where to sit??? BIG BALLS THERE YOU WILL SIT ON THEM? NO ROOM IN THE COCKPIT :p LOL

Triumph
13th September 2008, 18:36
All you anti-Hamilton lot out there, it's a bit early to be gloating isn't it? He's already achieved more in his short career than most others will ever achieve, which only bodes well for the future.

Lewis Hamilton has already made his mark in the motor racing history books, and there is undoubtedly a lot more to come from him yet, so you had better get used to hearing about him.

markabilly
13th September 2008, 19:06
where to sit??? BIG BALLS THERE YOU WILL SIT ON THEM? NO ROOM IN THE COCKPIT :p LOL

well given the comparative size differential between mouth, brain and balls, as said earlier, and given the fact that he manages to get his mouth inside his helmet, my big ole ass-butt ought to fit real easy in his lap. Just hope he don't get too excited, and start some of that market penetration that seems to be so important to some teams......

All you anti-Hamilton lot out there, it's a bit early to be gloating isn't it? He's already achieved more in his short career than most others will ever achieve, which only bodes well for the future.

Lewis Hamilton has already made his mark in the motor racing history books, and there is undoubtedly a lot more to come from him yet, so you had better get used to hearing about him.

I was thinking more in terms of his "skid marks"....actually the hearing about him does me no bother. It is the hearing from him....... :o

markabilly
13th September 2008, 19:07

well given the comparative size differential between mouth, brain and balls, as said earlier, and given the fact that he manages to get his mouth inside his helmet, my big ole ass-butt ought to fit real easy in his lap. Just hope he don't get too excited, and start some of that market penetration that seems to be so important to some teams......

I was thinking more in terms of his "skid marks"....actually the hearing about him does me no bother. It is the hearing from him....... :o

markabilly
13th September 2008, 19:43
and speaking of balls and brakes......
Q. After that you delayed for a little while then went back out on the extreme wets. You're saying you just couldn't get the temperature in the tyres?
LH: I'd already glazed my brake on the first lap I did out and I couldn't get the temperature back into them. And I couldn't keep the temperature in the tyres.

and speaking of gloating, yes it is a bit too early to be gloating:

LH: None of those. I think over the year you get stronger and stronger, you work on your approach and you work on yourself. I'm comfortable where I am. .........
......... I've got a great car, I'm still leading the world championship and I'm the main competitor for the world championship.

truefan72
13th September 2008, 19:59
Hmm,

lets' see how the race turns out tomorrow.
Qualifying determines the starting grid, It's not the race folks.
I have a sneaky suspicion a lot of you will be silent after the race tomorrow.

ioan
13th September 2008, 20:19
Lewis Hamilton has already made his mark in the motor racing history books...

What records does he hold in F1? I'm not aware of any, yet.

Tonieke
13th September 2008, 21:02
What records does he hold in F1? I'm not aware of any, yet.

hahaaaaaaaaaa..But I know one..he surely holds the record in F1 history for most people being obsessed by him..you included Ioan ! :-)))

ioan
13th September 2008, 21:14
hahaaaaaaaaaa..But I know one..he surely holds the record in F1 history for most people being obsessed by him..you included Ioan ! :-)))

Obsessed? Hardly! I rarely even remember he is there. :)

SGWilko
13th September 2008, 21:43
My Ioannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ioan, I'd get yer coat mate, I think you may well have pulled!!!

elinagr
13th September 2008, 21:59
he surely holds the record for the big balls :P lolllllllllllll

ioan
13th September 2008, 22:07
Back to topic now! ;)

markabilly
14th September 2008, 01:02
Back to topic now! ;)

he is-----see:

he surely holds the record for the big balls :P lolllllllllllll

Now that is important for the records, but all things considered, the other balls on the grid must be awful tiny......

truefan72
14th September 2008, 03:18
Obsessed? Hardly! I rarely even remember he is there. :)

lol :)

ah good to see some harmless banter now and then

elinagr
14th September 2008, 08:32
what a thread.,. about some balls! LOL