PDA

View Full Version : Links in sig??????

Luffield
31st January 2007, 21:31
Apologies if this has been asked before but i've tried changing my signature a couple of times now but it won't allow me to keep my batracer link in it???

As a result I still have the same (very out of date) sig that I had weeks before the old forums died as I want to keep that link in.

Any ideas??????

RaceFanStan
31st January 2007, 22:54
I had to drop the http:// from my link but then it wasn't a hyperlink. :s
I guess people will have to understand they have to copy & paste, then add the http:// at the beginning.

I had to update my sig & that was the only way I could get it to post. :s

pino
31st January 2007, 22:55
No ideas Luffield...but PM me your new signature and I will change it for you :)

Erki
1st February 2007, 09:45
Stan, I think you have to use the [url ] [/url ] tags to post a hyperlink.
And how is hyperlink hyper? What's the difference between a regular link and a hyperlink?

RaceFanStan
1st February 2007, 13:28
I tried to use the the [url] brackets but it tells me BBcode is not allowed & won't allow me to make the link "active".
IMO a link is just an internet address & a hyperlink is a clickable link that actually takes you there.

Luffield
3rd February 2007, 19:59
I tried to use the the [url] brackets but it tells me BBcode is not allowed & won't allow me to make the link "active".
IMO a link is just an internet address & a hyperlink is a clickable link that actually takes you there.

That's the same message that I get, and also the way I used to do things on the old forums. Only the link is the same as the one I had in the old forums too!!!! :confused:

No ideas Luffield...but PM me your new signature and I will change it for you :)

Thanks for that. I don't want to alter or delete the link I just want to change the 2 lines below it but I can't without deleting the link.

I'll send you a pm to change it this time then but I have to ask, is this now likely to be the norm everytime I wnat to change my sig?????

captin 1 VXR
3rd February 2007, 20:06
dose the sig have to be just text or can u use a pic ??

harvick#1
3rd February 2007, 20:12
no pics allowed, only one pic is allowed in your profile.