PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise in the service park?

L5->R5/CR
31st January 2007, 18:15
Being isolated in the US as I am and being at University still so I can't afford to travel to a WRC so I have a couple of questions about the service park environment.

Are there normally vendors at the service park, or at various points along the route? I'd like to find a way to buy some team merchandise but most of the sites that will export to the US want absurd prices (or atleast 90 euro for a ball cap seems absurd to me). Would it be possible to have an aquiantance that is going to a WRC purchase merchandise for me or am I better off having someone in Europe make a purchase at a store or retail site and ship it to me?

Viktory
31st January 2007, 19:34
They have rally merchandise (WRC and Team specific) at service parks. Very good selection usually. I experienced an especially good selection at the German rally but the offer of merchandise is very good at all rounds. On some of the more popular spectator spots they sell merchandise also.

5Times
1st February 2007, 13:42
The service park is the best place to buy Official Merchandise as only approved retailers can operate there.

On certain events there is a lot of fake and counterfeit items to be found, particularly in Spain & Greece.

If you are getting someone else to buy goods for you it may be an idea to send them a picture of the item you wanted.

Bjorn240
2nd February 2007, 21:21
Kevin,

Just let me know what you want and I can buy it for you at Rally Mexico. They have all the big retailers at the service park in the Poliforum.

- Christian

L5->R5/CR
3rd February 2007, 02:32
Kevin,

Just let me know what you want and I can buy it for you at Rally Mexico. They have all the big retailers at the service park in the Poliforum.

- Christian

I was just about to e-mail you to ask actually!

One of the photogs that was working with me at Cog, err, Rally Colorado, is from Aus and I was going to see if he was heading to any WRCs this year first.

I'll look around for a little as to what I want and then shoot you an e-mail.

Thanks,

Kevin

wrc_flipper
7th May 2007, 12:05
Anyone going to Jordan this week? I would like an offical program and polo shirt if somebody wants to pick one up from me.

If tou can, please PM me and we can swap details and arrange any payments etc

Ta
Chris

GigiGalliNo1
7th May 2007, 16:10
Anyone going to Jordan this week? I would like an offical program and polo shirt if somebody wants to pick one up from me.

If tou can, please PM me and we can swap details and arrange any payments etc

Ta
Chris

Dittoe me! If anyone is going please send me a line?! (PM) Would love some stickers and stuff!

For L5->R5/CR

Try ebay, you have some stores on there. Ive purchased a Citroen WRC Hat, and its sure the real thing! Not wearing it of course, as I do just buy things to have them!! :D Lots of WRC things you can find on the net, depending where you are and which ebay your on try ebay UK, IE, .com, AUS and other countries in Europe! havn't bought any WRC stuff that was in HK or China, but then again they might have some legit merchandise from the WRC/Teams! I'm heading out to NZ and Japan for the WRC rounds, might something earlier if lucky, but if you want, I know NZ have some great stuff (official - teams too) but a bit spicy! I mean pricey :p lol Also with my luck I bought official wear that the WRC TV crew wear on Ebay soooo worth the few hundred pounds i think it was or something bidding against some people!