PDA

View Full Version : Spa <--fan pressure!!!

jimjan
11th September 2008, 11:53
we need to find a way to do what the fia will listen to--economic boycott of some form?

how about some suggestions re how to put our real displeasure to work [financail loss]????
:arrows:

you ideas??
-not attend rest of races till points returned to hamiltion
-no merchandise purchased

other ideas? :idea:

ChrisS
11th September 2008, 12:31
We can all stop buying Ferrari cars. :p

Donney
11th September 2008, 15:14
Good idea! :p

That'll teach them!

11th September 2008, 15:36
Yes, I can just see the Tifosi paying attention to that idea on Sunday!

inimitablestoo
11th September 2008, 16:09
Remove all dungeon mistresses' licences? ;)

Daniel
11th September 2008, 17:31
we need to find a way to do what the fia will listen to--economic boycott of some form?

how about some suggestions re how to put our real displeasure to work [financail loss]????
:arrows:

you ideas??
-not attend rest of races till points returned to hamiltion
-no merchandise purchased

other ideas? :idea:
About as successful as not buying petrol for a day :rotflmao: At the end of the day most people don't give a ****. It will be mentioned in the warmup for the next race but after the race is finished the general public will have completely forgotten.

Big Ben
11th September 2008, 18:26
I'm under the impression that the vast majority of f1 fans are ferrari fans so I doubt fan's pressure is going to move things the way you want it...

however don't do something stupid

11th September 2008, 18:31
I'm under the impression that the vast majority of f1 fans are ferrari fans so I doubt fan's pressure is going to move things the way you want it...

What!!!!

The vast majority of fans are Ferrari fans?!

That is, like, so unfair!!!!

And what has Mosley done to sort out this disgraceful imbalance? Pah! Nothing!
How much more evidence do you want that he helps Ferrari?

Big Ben
11th September 2008, 18:39
What!!!!

The vast majority of fans are Ferrari fans?!

That is, like, so unfair!!!!

And what has Mosley done to sort out this disgraceful imbalance? Pah! Nothing!
How much more evidence do you want that he helps Ferrari?

tell me about it... there should be rules for this kind of things... something must be done about the huge red flock.

11th September 2008, 19:03
tell me about it... there should be rules for this kind of things... something must be done about the huge red flock.

Can I recommend some kind of protest at the Ascari chicane on Sunday?

Mikeall
11th September 2008, 23:38
Fans are almost always wrong in almost every way. Leave it to McLaren to fight their corner without clouding the issue. You may not appreciate it now but these kind of stories give F1 its heritage and in twenty years team people may be as interested about this as the FISA/FOCA war, and every outrageous ;) example of team orders which occur almost every other year from just about every single team...

wedge
12th September 2008, 00:08
What about 2001-2002?

F1 was becoming so dull that there was a decline in viewers/spectators - even in Monza - that we had the drastic changes for 2003, and I seem to remember partaking in FIA questionnaires a few years ago

Big Ben
12th September 2008, 07:31
Can I recommend some kind of protest at the Ascari chicane on Sunday?

something like running naked... that will teach them!

Daniel
12th September 2008, 07:34
What about 2001-2002?

F1 was becoming so dull that there was a decline in viewers/spectators - even in Monza - that we had the drastic changes for 2003, and I seem to remember partaking in FIA questionnaires a few years ago

So it's all your fault that the racing is so boring eh?

Ranger
12th September 2008, 07:45
http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html

Join 50000 other people and sign that if it makes you feel better. But unless you own the bank financing F1 or something similar then there's not much else you can do.

Triumph
12th September 2008, 08:00
I gave up my crusade on Monday after the ITV F1 forum refused my post because I referred to the FIA as puppets.

Good job I didn't mention the Mafia, which I was going to.

wmcot
12th September 2008, 08:20
http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html

Join 50000 other people and sign that if it makes you feel better. But unless you own the bank financing F1 or something similar then there's not much else you can do.

Yeah. And 50000 is what percentage of the worldwide viewing audience? About .000001%

wmcot
12th September 2008, 08:21
something like running naked... that will teach them!

Nah, you could get a crazy priest to go running down the track with a sign around his neck...oh wait, I'm having acid flashbacks again...

wmcot
12th September 2008, 08:23
We can all stop buying Ferrari cars. :p

If they re-instate Lewis, I'm never buying a McLaren! ;)

jimjan
13th September 2008, 11:50
About as successful as not buying petrol for a day :rotflmao: At the end of the day most people don't give a ****. It will be mentioned in the warmup for the next race but after the race is finished the general public will have completely forgotten.

those real fan that care about fairness will never forget
-inconsistency
-fairness
-decisions on the track versus in the court room, board room, back room

:confused:

jimjan
13th September 2008, 11:53
Fans are almost always wrong in almost every way. Leave it to McLaren to fight their corner without clouding the issue. You may not appreciate it now but these kind of stories give F1 its heritage and in twenty years team people may be as interested about this as the FISA/FOCA war, and every outrageous ;) example of team orders which occur almost every other year from just about every single team...

not sure how you can say fans are always wrong. we can watch the replay just like fia can????

jimjan
13th September 2008, 11:59
Yeah. And 50000 is what percentage of the worldwide viewing audience? About .000001%

so do you think that the majority is always correct and fair???

markabilly
13th September 2008, 14:54
If it were not for all this off track nonsense, the result of Spa would have already been forgotten.

Daniel
13th September 2008, 15:34
those real fan that care about fairness will never forget
-inconsistency
-fairness
-decisions on the track versus in the court room, board room, back room

I didn't say I don't care about inconsistency and fairness. I just don't think this is unfair and I don't think 60,000 brits are going to make a difference at all.

jimjan
13th September 2008, 17:41
I didn't say I don't care about inconsistency and fairness. I just don't think this is unfair and I don't think 60,000 brits are going to make a difference at all.

fair enough, but correcting things in this sport and in many other areas of life always starts with a committed portion of the larger group.

thanks for your thoughts

Daniel
13th September 2008, 17:42
fair enough, but correcting things in this sport and in many other areas of life always starts with a committed portion of the larger group.

thanks for your thoughts
Correcting? Lewis gained an advantage. Perhaps it should have started with Lewis about 6 days ago then we wouldn't have 60,000 people whining, bitching and being completely wrong :p

BDunnell
13th September 2008, 17:46
Correcting? Lewis gained an advantage. Perhaps it should have started with Lewis about 6 days ago then we wouldn't have 60,000 people whining, bitching and being completely wrong :p

In your opinion, which seems to be largely based on the fact that you suddenly decided last year that you didn't care for Hamilton.

Daniel
13th September 2008, 19:35
In your opinion, which seems to be largely based on the fact that you suddenly decided last year that you didn't care for Hamilton.
My opinion which seems to be the same one that most of the other current F1 drivers have :idea:

I really liked Lewis early last year..... he was a breath of fresh air and was good to watch. Now he's still generally good to watch but I just don't like him but that has little to do with how I view this incident.

BDunnell
13th September 2008, 20:20
My opinion which seems to be the same one that most of the other current F1 drivers have :idea:

Well, I agree with Lauda's view as expressed today on this — that it's no surprise they should generally side with the stewards, because they are Hamilton's competitors, and that this has always been the case.

ioan
13th September 2008, 20:39
Well, I agree with Lauda's view as expressed today on this — that it's no surprise they should generally side with the stewards, because they are Hamilton's competitors, and that this has always been the case.

:rotflmao:

Daniel
13th September 2008, 20:45
Of course you could say that.

If they had sided with Lewis I would have said "Of course they would say that! They want to be able to gain an unfair advantage where possible and get away with it" but it doesn't actually prove anything.

inimitablestoo
14th September 2008, 10:55
...side with the stewards, because they are Hamilton's competitors...

It certainly seems that way at times...

Dave B
14th September 2008, 10:57
The WRC. Now proudly 164% more farcical than Formula 1.

Are you still sure of your figures? :p

Daniel
14th September 2008, 11:51
I know it sounds a bit silly but have you seen a gravel wrc event this year? :(

AndyRAC
14th September 2008, 12:11
It certainly seems that way at times...

Which is an unfortunate outcoming - I'm pretty sure there isn't bias, but there was/and still is the impression that there is.......