PDA

View Full Version : o/t powernights

jeffmr2
9th September 2008, 20:32
Has anyone else seen the powernights coverage on motors tv? It looks a great days entertainment with real big fields,some great cars and best of all a totoya mr2's race.Wish i had kept my mk 2 now!!There was talk of the ascars running in this series,seems a real shame they didnt run there,would have provided some great exposure.

Sticker Rub
13th September 2008, 22:25
I marshaled both events this year & had a great afternoon / evening both times. The grids were a bit small in May but the August grids were much healthier. A great way of spending a Thursday afternoon & so much better than working!

The weather for May was gorgeous but it was a tad damp in August.

The big shame was that there were so few spectators at either event.

acorn
14th September 2008, 12:31
i believe you have encompassed all the reasons why it's not better attended in your post bar one

a thursDAY (and evening)

unpredictable weather

variable grid sizes

work.

for the spectator, thursday is probably a working day so who's able to easily get off(if employed) and getting there after work may be a problem always assuming you feel like it. short ovals make it work because they either draw heavily on locals or race on friday/sat/sunday evenings.

not alot i can say about weather

variable grid sizes are probably down to work commitments.

the other thing is the age old problem ie the track and spectator appeal(or lack of).

racing59
16th September 2008, 21:38
Fridays would have been better imho.
I like the idea of making an evening event. But to work it needs more marketing to the general public.
They need a household name to back it and help publicise it.

Sticker Rub
18th September 2008, 20:36
Fridays would have been better imho.
I like the idea of making an evening event. But to work it needs more marketing to the general public.
They need a household name to back it and help publicise it.
I agree Friday would be a better day, then you can just make a long weekend of it.

car20
20th September 2008, 17:12
Saturday night if you want any sort of fans!

for me thursday night if i aint working for 1 , I don't live local which i think is the only fans that will turn up or friends or reletives of racers, Plus for me no stand out races

put on PICK UP TRUCKS OR ASCARS and could be tempted.