PDA

View Full Version : note to santa claus.

Mickey T
8th September 2008, 17:51
dear santa

all i want under my tree is a clean championship for whoever claims the crown of the world's best driver this year.

I was pretty happy with kimi winning the championship last year.

with all the other nonsense that was going on in both mclaren's internal politics and it's spygate business, it just felt like a relief that formula one's world champion could stand removed, untainted by it all.

please, santa claus, can we have a championship now that is won or lost by more than the points won and lost off the track this weekend?

thank you.

that is all.

milk and cookies await.

Mickey T
8th September 2008, 18:18
oh, and build Webbo a winning car next year, too...

pino
8th September 2008, 19:16
oh, and build Webbo a winning car next year, too...

...and one for Trulli too :p :

Mickey T
8th September 2008, 19:25
...and one for Trulli too :p :

yeah, he's probably due as well

elinagr
8th September 2008, 19:53
what a pathetic thread

wmcot
8th September 2008, 21:13
what a pathetic thread

Yeah! We don't need any of that light-hearted crap! Let's get back to complaining and arguing and calling each other names like real men! ;)

Daniel
8th September 2008, 22:05
I agree. More bitching and less light hearted stuff please :p

jens
8th September 2008, 22:37
Oh, a wish-thread? My wish is even more impossible than a "clean championship". :p : What about a title challenge by Toyota together with Trulli? :) And that their challenge won't end with a disqualification somehow if "clean championship" is the keyword in this thread. :p :

wmcot
8th September 2008, 23:12
Oh, a wish-thread? My wish is even more impossible than a "clean championship". :p : What about a title challenge by Toyota together with Trulli? :) And that their challenge won't end with a disqualification somehow if "clean championship" is the keyword in this thread. :p :

But if Toyota were to become dominant, there would be plenty of conspiracy theories and post linking Toyota to FIA bribes!

Rollo
9th September 2008, 00:05
Surely you're not suggesting that Santa is in the same league as Cthulhu? Santa has achieved exactly Jack **** compared to Cthulhu. He's never driven a crap sleigh nor has he ever had to come from the back of the grid. There are still many questions about the guy that have to be answered.

That's why people are sick of the sycophantic commentary of Chris Moyles. He's been fawning all over Santa since early 2005. Moyles carries on like there's never been a better driver. Dracula won more than any other two or three world champions put together yet many people feel that Cthulhu was better. Moyles and others seem to want to put Santa alongside Cthulhu after one season.

In my view the comparison is absurd and has no place in the commentating of the holiday season. Then there's the whole topic of Candlejack, you don't even wa