PDA

View Full Version : Dixon is champ

The instant classic
7th September 2008, 22:55
great job dixon, you ruled the indycar year,

VkmSpouge
7th September 2008, 23:15
Congratulations to Scott Dixon, totally deserved it.

jackmart
7th September 2008, 23:26
Wow, he really made for a good ending thought. With such a close race and Helio actually winning. I kinda wanted Helio to win because I often root for the underdog. Scott did have a great season. It will be interesting to see if he dominates again next year.

underpowered
8th September 2008, 00:01
Wow! those guys really made it an exciting last race.

Well done Scott! He is a deserved champion.

Cant wait for next season now!

bravefish
8th September 2008, 00:59
Great stuff, awesome to see a Kiwi boy win the championship - at least he can celebrate this one properly and not be worried about whether one of his competitors is going to survive or not ! Congrats to Helio as well for a solid year and for timing his run to the finish line by .0033 of a second today. Great season, next year will be even better.

NickFalzone
8th September 2008, 01:13
I find it interesting that timing and scoring would have Dixon ahead by .001, then photo finish shows Helio a nose ahead, then they announce on indycar that Helio won by .0033. Is there another timing line they just found after the race?! Either way, it was a good race for the most part. Would have been better with a few less yellows and less equipment problems (anyone know what happened to Tomas? He had a great car in qualifying). ABC also typically botched the coverage here and there, and definitely at the end with only a few minutes for the ceremony. I really am looking forward to next season. The competition has gotten better and better as this season has gone on and hopefully at least on VS they'll just us a full race and post-race coverage. A couple surprises like Will Power and Tagliani making good runs, hopefully on VS they'll have the extra time to properly go over the race and do additional interviews.

SarahFan
8th September 2008, 01:14
dream season.... wifes a babe!

life is good in scott's world

fugariracing
8th September 2008, 02:55
the right guy won it, six wins to two. but still these two put on a helluva show today and made it at least watchable.

F1boat
8th September 2008, 07:36
Fantastic season for Dixon, congratulations!

maxmach
8th September 2008, 07:58
Give Scott credit and props, for winning the championship and for not buckling under to Helio's moves, and they were good ones. Helio certainly had me nervous, and excited, pushing the way he was. Figure Scott really is an iceman in the car, the babe wife melts him out of it.

8th September 2008, 10:56
Well done Scott, it's been a great year all round for you.

usgrandprix
8th September 2008, 20:08
Dixon's as good as they come at this sort of racing. Smooth on every kind of track. Proper champion on a great team.

Congrats to Dixon and Mike Hull on a great season.

Deserving win against a great competitor in Helio and a full feild of competition.

Now, here's hoping the "transition" teams are competing regularly for wins next year and Spiderman takes them all.

bblocker68
9th September 2008, 16:46
Good job Dixie. Congrats!!

Reuben
24th December 2008, 22:42
scott dixon had a great year and i hope u dominate next year!

Chamoo
25th December 2008, 06:32
LOL!

Little late?

underpowered
25th December 2008, 20:08
My kid's gave me Scott Dixon's book for Xmas. I cant wait for the season to start now....... I guess I can watch some of the race's I recorded.....