PDA

View Full Version : milka duno leads...

jackmart
7th September 2008, 22:13
wow, I've having trouble with the live timing and scoring and it was stuck on milka being thrid which I thought for sure was a jmistake but I see pit strategy has helped her. I seriously never thought Milka would lead a lap here before Sarah or Danica did. Wow. Anyone else using live timing and scoring and it always being behind laps?

gm99
7th September 2008, 22:23
Well, it wasn't for long - she's back where she belongs (outside of the top ten, that is).

As I'm watching the race on the live stream provided by indycar.com, I find the timing to be (almost) in synch with the video, don't know how it is with the TV feed...

elis
7th September 2008, 23:02
Hey Milka lead fair & square & got a point for it, she kept it together so kudos to her :)

jackmart
7th September 2008, 23:17
Milka lead 5 laps which is acutally more than Danica lead this season, since Danica lead only 4. So the way milka lead was because everyone pitted in front of her so she took the lead. Where was she at before the pit? Danica pitted on green, then everyone pitted the next lap and she didn't move up any positions. She fell back to 14th and stayed there after everyone pitted. I don't get why she wasn't able to lead? I didn't get to see how it all unfolded on tv since they only showed the pit stops.

nvm, I guess she fell off the lead lap and that was why, I wonder how far she was off the lead lap?

fugariracing
8th September 2008, 02:32
Milka lead 5 laps which is acutally more than Danica lead this season, since Danica lead only 4. So the way milka lead was because everyone pitted in front of her so she took the lead. Where was she at before the pit? Danica pitted on green, then everyone pitted the next lap and she didn't move up any positions. She fell back to 14th and stayed there after everyone pitted. I don't get why she wasn't able to lead? I didn't get to see how it all unfolded on tv since they only showed the pit stops.

nvm, I guess she fell off the lead lap and that was why, I wonder how far she was off the lead lap?

that is amazing. she was like 13th before the pit, but apparently had the longest fuel run of anyone in the field - something like 56 laps. problem was she pitted, fell two laps down and then the caution came out for Moraes' crash which screwed her and Danica over.

Jag_Warrior
8th September 2008, 03:42
Milka actually led some laps?

Well, good for her! :up:

SarahFan
8th September 2008, 03:47
she didn't lead a green flag lap

SarahFan
8th September 2008, 03:54

^that may be wrong I just read elsewhere she did indeed lead 2 laps under green

garyshell
8th September 2008, 04:36
A lap lead, is a lap lead. Good for her! Nice to see you was able to stay on the lead lap to avail herself of this opportunity. Well done.

Gary

DanicaFan
8th September 2008, 05:23
First time she has ever led a lap as far as my memory goes. It was a complete fluke and only because she didnt pit. But you saw her true colors when she got lapped real quickly after that. She still ***** and always will and I hope for some good luck that she doesnt return next year.

BobGarage
8th September 2008, 07:30
well done Milka, most laps led by a female driver this season. :)

SarahFan
8th September 2008, 12:40
First time she has ever led a lap as far as my memory goes. It was a complete fluke and only because she didnt pit. But you saw her true colors when she got lapped real quickly after that. She still ***** and always will and I hope for some good luck that she doesnt return next year.

Now that's comedy

beachbum
8th September 2008, 12:48
First time she has ever led a lap as far as my memory goes. It was a complete fluke and only because she didnt pit. But you saw her true colors when she got lapped real quickly after that. She still ***** and always will and I hope for some good luck that she doesnt return next year.Odd statement. Milka was able to lead a lap because she was still on the lead lap, late in the race. That was no fluke. She got the lead through pit strategy, in the same way that another driver won a race earlier this year on pit strategy.

So I guess that win was a fluke too?

Overall, Milka did a nice job, ran clean, didn't get in the way of the fast cars (who ran her 3 wide after that restart - cleanly), and had a solid result. She earned an accolade for that.

P.S. Milka got lapped because of pitting out out sequence, just as Danica got lapped by pitting. When the caution came out, DP was far enough up to get a wave around to the back of the pack. Milka wasn't. But before the yellow, they were on the same lap, 1 lap down.

DBell
8th September 2008, 14:01
Odd statement. Milka was able to lead a lap because she was still on the lead lap, late in the race. That was no fluke. She got the lead through pit strategy, in the same way that another driver won a race earlier this year on pit strategy.

So I guess that win was a fluke too?

Overall, Milka did a nice job, ran clean, didn't get in the way of the fast cars (who ran her 3 wide after that restart - cleanly), and had a solid result. She earned an accolade for that.

P.S. Milka got lapped because of pitting out out sequence, just as Danica got lapped by pitting. When the caution came out, DP was far enough up to get a wave around to the back of the pack. Milka wasn't. But before the yellow, they were on the same lap, 1 lap down.

Right on the mark Beachbum. Add what you said with the fact the Milka ended up leading more laps than Danica this season, well that has to sting the Princess a little. It made me smile anyway.

dwf1
8th September 2008, 14:24
well done Milka!

garyshell
8th September 2008, 16:41
First time she has ever led a lap as far as my memory goes. It was a complete fluke and only because she didnt pit.

Sort of like a certain win in Japan, no?

Gary

The instant classic
8th September 2008, 17:01
well milka had a better showing then danica on sunday, cuz milka lead some laps :D great job milka, im sure glad you're not like danica spoilt and trying to getting attention, :)

JSH
8th September 2008, 17:18
[quote="beachbum"]

Exactly. A year ago I would have put money on her making a mistake and taking out the lead group. But no, she kept her cool and did well.

Bob Riebe
8th September 2008, 23:19
Many races have been WON, with out a green, so what?

IWUTitan90
9th September 2008, 03:59
^that may be wrong I just read elsewhere she did indeed lead 2 laps under green

Yes she did. I will admit to thinking "This could get real UGLY, real quick", when she was shown as the leader, but she did an excellent restart, (especially compared to the one, uhh, two, well......three, by our series champ) ;) , Kept her pace, and held her line. Compare that to a year ago, when she was notorious for slamming on the brakes when being overtaken, and I feel she did a nice job in a very unfamiliar situation.

The season with Robbie Buhl has done alot for her and although it would be better that she got the experience in Lights, she has improved greatly this year. In no way am I saying she is a top flight driver, but she does have the ability, she has just gone about learning the craft in the wrong way.

I was there yesterday, she did well in traffic, never put the car anywhere it wouldn't go, and although not up to the top guys pace, ran steady all day. As I said, compared to a year ago, she did well.

beachbum
9th September 2008, 11:49
Yes she did. I will admit to thinking "This could get real UGLY, real quick", when she was shown as the leader, but she did an excellent restart, (especially compared to the one, uhh, two, well......three, by our series champ) ;) , Kept her pace, and held her line. Compare that to a year ago, when she was notorious for slamming on the brakes when being overtaken, and I feel she did a nice job in a very unfamiliar situation.

The season with Robbie Buhl has done alot for her and although it would be better that she got the experience in Lights, she has improved greatly this year. In no way am I saying she is a top flight driver, but she does have the ability, she has just gone about learning the craft in the wrong way.

I was there yesterday, she did well in traffic, never put the car anywhere it wouldn't go, and although not up to the top guys pace, ran steady all day. As I said, compared to a year ago, she did well.Good analysis. When Milka first showed up a year ago, she was definitely in over her head and was a hazard. Like many, I thought she should just park it. But Chicago showed just how far she has come, and now she has shown she deserves to be on the track. She demonstrated that a very determined and smart driver can be coached to get better and the transformation has been rather dramatic.

Racing has always had its share of "grinders", drivers who don't possess great nature talent but work hard and learn and get the most from the talent they have. They usually run in midpack or near the back, but race as hard as they can. Milka seems to fit that mold. The team isn't that great, but she seems to get the most from herself and her equipment. I don't have a problem with that.

DanicaFan
9th September 2008, 12:02
You guys must be watching a different IRL than I have been. She still is slow, cant finish on the lead lap and more than half of the time, DNF's. What talent is there in that ?? :confused:

Danica was spot on at Mid-Ohio this year when she told her that "Money doesnt make you a driver" and " its not her fault that she is slow"... Very accurate comments there. :D

Next year if I was Citgo or Dreyer & Reinbold, she would be out and if I could, I would put Paul Tracy or Vitor Meira in that car. Least they will get some top 10's, top 5's, and even a podium or two.

BobGarage
9th September 2008, 12:10
She still is slow, cant finish on the lead lap and more than half of the time, DNF's. What talent is there in that ?? :confused:

your queen has DNF's this season. And of the races she finished she failed to finish on the lead lap at homestead, milwaukee, texas, edmonton, kentucky and detroit. And she led less laps this year than Milka. So if your questioning Milka's talent surely you should also question your queens! ;)

beachbum
9th September 2008, 17:57
You guys must be watching a different IRL than I have been. She still is slow, cant finish on the lead lap and more than half of the time, DNF's. What talent is there in that ?? :confused:

Danica was spot on at Mid-Ohio this year when she told her that "Money doesnt make you a driver" and " its not her fault that she is slow"... Very accurate comments there. :D

Next year if I was Citgo or Dreyer & Reinbold, she would be out and if I could, I would put Paul Tracy or Vitor Meira in that car. Least they will get some top 10's, top 5's, and even a podium or two.Obviously, I have been watching a different IRL. I don't have rose colored glasses.

Since Buddy hasn't been doing much at Dreyer & Reinbold either, he too must be a hack. I seriously doubt Vitor or Paul would even drive for the team, unless they had no other place to go. Every year I am surprised when Buddy comes back. I wouldn't put much stock in any quote by the Princess, although I can see why you do. I doubt many in racing pay much attention to her driver "analysis".

Whatever. By the way, being on one of the "big 3" teams doesn't make you a regular contender for wins either.

elis
9th September 2008, 19:41

Heck, if a driver with (allegedly) no driving talent can finish 19th at the Indy 500, I'm entering next year :D

Milka has more race finishes than DNF's, of the 5 DNF's 3 have been incidents.

As for Patrick's 'money doesn't make you a driver jibe'... it's clear it doesn't necessarily buy humility or a pleasant, engaging personality either. Luckily Milka doesn't have to worry on that score though ;)

thelurker
9th September 2008, 19:52
You Danica haters sure are getting desperate for new material.

TURN3
9th September 2008, 19:53

Exactly, it hasn't worked for Danica either! Milka brings Citgo, Danica brings Motorola just as she brought Argent to get her chance to drive IRL in the first place. Heck, at least Milka showed speed and promise in other forms of racing. At least her sponsors were investing in somebody that actually accomplished something.

garyshell
9th September 2008, 21:28
You Danica haters sure are getting desperate for new material.

When DanicaFan continues to provide them with more and more material, how could you think THEY are desperate?

Gary

bblocker68
9th September 2008, 22:31
Next year if I was Citgo or Dreyer & Reinbold, she would be out and if I could, I would put Paul Tracy or Vitor Meira in that car. Least they will get some top 10's, top 5's, and even a podium or two.

You do know she is kind of "connected" with Citgo, right?

SoCalPVguy
10th September 2008, 00:11

Cry about it all you want but BY THE RESULTS:

Laps Led (season): Milka-5, Danicourva: 4

Laps Led (Chicagoland): Milka-5, Danicourva: 0

Read it and weep.

Why don't you go out and make a Wheaties box for Milka, I hear she's single...

Easy Drifter
10th September 2008, 00:46
I suspect Milka would take the Wheaties box and place it where the sun don't shine leaving DF very uncomfortable.
I am not a fan of either but Milka is improving whereas 'Stompin Danica' remains at the same level including her whining.
I think Sarah has more ability than either and just needs the funds to prove it.
When she was with a reasonable team she had an engineer with whom she could not communicate for whatever reason.

thelurker
10th September 2008, 02:44
Cry about it all you want but BY THE RESULTS:

Laps Led (season): Milka-5, Danicourva: 4

Laps Led (Chicagoland): Milka-5, Danicourva: 0

Read it and weep.

Why don't you go out and make a Wheaties box for Milka, I hear she's single...So leading laps under caution (when everyone but you pitted) is now a spectacular achievement? You guys ARE desperate. Although, I guess for someone of Milka's skill it is an achievement.

IWUTitan90
10th September 2008, 02:57

Danica was spot on at Mid-Ohio this year ............. " its not her fault that she is slow"... V

I'll give you and Danica this one. Your both right on the money here, Ryan Briscoe is all the proof you need. He really tore up the league in this ride didn't he?

I never mentioned Danica Patrick in my post, in any way, shape, or form. Being still relatively new here maybe I shouldn't stoop to this, but since you seem to take everything Danica so personally, and even go to the length of creating an argument about her when there clearly isn't one, allow me to pose a hypothetical to you. Suppose the same fate befalls them both tomorrow, and they are both "out". Milka Duno has, IIRC, 3 Masters Degrees, Danica Patrick, again, IIRC, didn't even finish High School. Would you like to compare their "future potential"? You see, there are many levels to everyone, it doesn't all revolve around racing, around you, and especially around Danica Patrick. Lighten up. Please.

NickFalzone
10th September 2008, 03:04
Danica finished 6th in the points, Milka 25th. Danica also has a race win, and several podiums, Milka has none. That's not to take away from the fact that Milka has had some modest gains on ovals this season. She still runs in the back of the pack, while Danica usually runs in the top 10. You can argue about equipment, etc. but the fact is that Danica is a much more successful IndyCar driver than Milka. You have 1 person on the forum that occasionally posts positive Danica news. You have probably 5-10 trolls that bring up Danica out of nowhere to just complain. How about we just ignore her for the midpack driver that she is, and leave it at that? When DanicaFan posts, just ignore her. Just as I'll ignore the trolls that distort the facts to make Danica look worse than she is.

SarahFan
10th September 2008, 04:46
perhaps we should all get together and divvy up time slots to put danicafan on suicide watch next year...... with all the transition teams having a year of developement under there belts ....mixed with some shuffleing of drivers.....and then there's the 'Marco project'........she will be falling further back the grid.....and it won't be pretty...hari-kari

beachbum
10th September 2008, 12:23
You Danica haters sure are getting desperate for new material.I think it is very sad when the DP fans have to interject some comment about their favorite driver when a thread is about any other

a. American driver
or b. Female driver
or c. Any driver she has had issues with (most of the field)

Give it a rest. Some posters just don't want to talk about her - period.

This thread was about Milka and how she has progressed. I didn't read anywhere that she was suddenly a threat to win, or even run in the front pack. I actually thought it was pretty funny when she lead, but then she pulled away from the pack for almost 2 laps and that was unexpected. Taking away Marty (please), she isn't even the slowest or worst driver out there. Last year was different, but this year she is doing a professional job. The unification and addition of new drivers probably will push many of the back markers out of the series, so this may have been Milka's best opportunity, but at least give her credit for doing her best and working very hard to get better.

If you want to talk about the female driver who drive for AGR, start another thread - please

thelurker
10th September 2008, 15:14
I think it is very sad when the DP fans have to interject some comment about their favorite driver when a thread is about any other

a. American driver
or b. Female driver
or c. Any driver she has had issues with (most of the field)

Give it a rest. Some posters just don't want to talk about her - period.

This thread was about Milka and how she has progressed. I didn't read anywhere that she was suddenly a threat to win, or even run in the front pack. I actually thought it was pretty funny when she lead, but then she pulled away from the pack for almost 2 laps and that was unexpected. Taking away Marty (please), she isn't even the slowest or worst driver out there. Last year was different, but this year she is doing a professional job. The unification and addition of new drivers probably will push many of the back markers out of the series, so this may have been Milka's best opportunity, but at least give her credit for doing her best and working very hard to get better.

If you want to talk about the female driver who drive for AGR, start another thread - pleaseAre you kidding me? This whole thread is about how Milka lead more laps than Danica. Look at the first post. I'd say Danica is the topic of this thread.

And what about all (not only this site) the threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Danica that end up being about her because some Danica hater can't resist the urge to bring her up.

Lets not kid ourselves.

garyshell
10th September 2008, 15:40
And what about all (not only this site) the threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Danica that end up being about her because some Danica hater can't resist the urge to bring her up.

Yeah, what about 'em???

Look, her actions on and off the track make her a polarizing figure. You can't deny that. Folks either like her or hate her, there is no real middle ground. So why are you and others so taken aback when folks bring her into a conversation? Honestly, I am convinced that her off track tantrums, arguments, etc. are all part of the PR plan. She is NOT stupid and knows that cultivating a certain image will keep her in the spot light. I don't begrudge her of that for one moment. It's no different than Paul Tracy and his Mexican wrestlers mask last year. It is brilliant marketing.

Gary

speeddurango
14th September 2008, 10:41
Anything makes people relate to Danica Patrick, you just have to love it.

jackmart
15th September 2008, 00:30
This thread was started with intention on finding it ironic that Milka lead of Danica AND Sarah. Most everyone forgot about Sarah and jumped in. I don't know that much about Milka but in no way was this supposed to be an arguement about who was better because I didn't think it was very close. Milka may have seemed to do better in that race but she is not in the tp 10. However, it is great to learn that despite Milka's struggle she is imporving and will be intersting to see her continue to improve. I really want to see Sarah do much better and race fulltime next year. She is a fellow buckeye.