PDA

View Full Version : New Manufacturer For 2009

TCF
7th September 2008, 10:10
Has anyone heard who the new manufacturer will be ?

Be great for the championship and would also indicate that its going from strength to strength, even in today's economic climate !!!

Drumracer
7th September 2008, 18:38
Has anyone heard who the new manufacturer will be ?

Be great for the championship and would also indicate that its going from strength to strength, even in today's economic climate !!!

I have been involved in BTCC.net equivalent to this thread (user Rockinrobin55). People reckon BMW as Mr Neal says Rear wheel drive manufacturer!! Although it has been thought by some people as being Skoda, obviously :rolleyes: !!!LOL!!!

Allyc85
7th September 2008, 22:04
Im pretty sure its BMW though being optimistic id like it to be Mercedes lol

AndySpeed
7th September 2008, 22:46
BMW would be the most likely bet - they've seen how well their cars go in the British Series and could now pay the manufacturer entry fee, enter a team and reap the marketing rewards too.

#1JamesThompsonFan
8th September 2008, 00:11
Who ever it is it is welcome competition to Vauxhall and Seat and great for the series

SEATFreak
8th September 2008, 09:04
Who ever it is it is welcome competition to Vauxhall and Seat and great for the series

For neutrals, the organisers and the profile but what about SEAT and Vauxhall?

I don't think a new works team would worry Vauxhall, I don't think any team could worry VXR, but SEAT? They are not the finished article. SEAT run around like headless chickens half the time finding answers to problems they created. A new works team I think could easily come in straight away with a better operation than SEAT and run faster, more consistent and more reliable cars. VXR do. I don't see why their cannot be others out there that can do the same.

Mercedes or BMW would be a great bet for a works team with a lot of might behind them.

Northern Monkey
8th September 2008, 11:09
Please change the record....

#1JamesThompsonFan
8th September 2008, 11:30
For neutrals, the organisers and the profile but what about SEAT and Vauxhall?

I don't think a new works team would worry Vauxhall, I don't think any team could worry VXR, but SEAT? They are not the finished article. SEAT run around like headless chickens half the time finding answers to problems they created. A new works team I think could easily come in straight away with a better operation than SEAT and run faster, more consistent and more reliable cars. VXR do. I don't see why their cannot be others out there that can do the same.

Mercedes or BMW would be a great bet for a works team with a lot of might behind them.

I think that anyteam is competition, good reliability or not, they are still competition.

Allyc85
8th September 2008, 17:30
:D Cheer up Seatfreak lol

BDunnell
8th September 2008, 17:56

:up:

SEATFreak
8th September 2008, 18:50
I think that anyteam is competition, good reliability or not, they are still competition.

Absolutely. All teams offer competition. But what about competition to the other competition?

Mercedes or BMW for intance would highly likely mount a much bigger operation than SEAT because I am confident they would come in with what it would take to a mount a bigger operation. More, and certainly better, resources and probably more money. I mean during that one time where Setanta a month or two ago allowed Freeview owners a free night they broadcast the coverage of the DTM from Brands Hatch (ironically Motorsport Vision has secured another 3 years at the Kent circuit) and I was majorly impressed by the impact AMG-Mercedes had on it. They practically dominate it as a car maker what with the works team (HWA??) and what I assume are the customer teams like TRILUX and JungeSterne. If I have anything wrong I appologise. I have only just gotten into it today.

So yes the downside is they would give SEAT a sound spanking in the finance and resource stakes. But on the other hand the upside is that I would hope they would be able to give Vauxhall a sound spanking in the finance and resource stakes too. I don't take how much they would beat SEAT so long as they thrash VXR to within an inch of their lives too.

:down:

Alfa Fan
8th September 2008, 18:58

SEATFreak
8th September 2008, 19:19

VX_Rules
8th September 2008, 22:41

AndySpeed
8th September 2008, 23:06
Children!

Brown, Jon Brow
8th September 2008, 23:35
More than likely it is going to be BMW Dealer Team UK with a manufacturer entry. Andy Priaulx needs a new challenge :D

SEATFreak
9th September 2008, 08:03

More than likely it is going to be BMW Dealer Team UK with a manufacturer entry. Andy Priaulx needs a new challenge :D

Hope so. Do you think also RBM might come on board to offer technical assistance? I would love for both Andy and RBM to do something in the BTCC.

tisme
9th September 2008, 20:15
Hope so. Do you think also RBM might come on board to offer technical assistance? I would love for both Andy and RBM to do something in the BTCC.
RBM are already giving Jackson full technical assistance!
They had one of their top men at Silverstone working on the car!

mattie007
9th September 2008, 21:38
So its not the 'family run' team we are led to believe!
Hope we get a new manufacturer but I would love something different, BMW just bore me.
Audi or Volvo would be nice.

VkmSpouge
9th September 2008, 22:06
So its not the 'family run' team we are led to believe!

Family run doesn't necessarily mean only family members work in or with the team, just means family are in charge of things.

SEATFreak
10th September 2008, 08:44
RBM are already giving Jackson full technical assistance!
They had one of their top men at Silverstone working on the car!

Sorry I spoke!! Jeez!

norwichsam1
10th September 2008, 08:53
personally i can't see a new manufacturer entering the btcc next year anyway. If that was the case surely they would have a build and test program up and running by now (obviously with the possible exception of bmw as they already produce s2000 touring cars). I guess a bit more bmw funding may find its way to one of the existing teams and we will have a situation similar to the team halfords honda's running as neither independant or manufacturer status. Shame tho as the thought of another big name driver on the grid would be really good.

tisme
10th September 2008, 20:39
Anyone else seen this story about Subaru? http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2667

mattie007
10th September 2008, 22:34
Interesting! Imagine if Subaru and Mitsubishi entered!

SEATFreak
11th September 2008, 10:39

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 14:57
Subaru can't enter because then i won't be able to choose to support between them and VXR. It'd be great if they used the Blue and Yellow in the BTCC....

New Manufacturer? look at the link tisme left and see the story second down on the right.... (LADA) ;)

AndyRAC
11th September 2008, 15:05
Subaru can't enter because then i won't be able to choose to support between them and VXR. It'd be great if they used the Blue and Yellow in the BTCC....

New Manufacturer? look at the link tisme left and see the story second down on the right.... (LADA) ;)

They've dropped the Blue & Yellow - it's now Blue, Grey & White.

VX_Rules
11th September 2008, 15:23
I think we all know deep down its going to be BMW, lets just wait for some nice Ford rumours as usual though...

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:30
They've dropped the Blue & Yellow - it's now Blue, Grey & White.
Thats mainly why I wanted it back - I Miss It!

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:31
New Manufacturer - Geewhizz :D

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:31
New Manufacturer - Smart :D

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:32
New Manufacturer - Skoda :D

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:32
New Manufacturer - Tata :D

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:33
New Manufacturer - SEAT :D oh no - wait a minute....

Old Manufacturer - SEAT :D Thats better!

VX_Rules
11th September 2008, 15:38
hahahaha. I think at this rate Eurotech, SEATFreak shall never return!!